The Resurrection of Agility

stormveritas

Before I begin, please leave if you are here for pretty pictures or candid videos. I stink at both.

That said, I have thought of something (likely previously suggested) that just seems like such an EASY way to make Agility an appetizing skill again.

Why not let us run faster?

With the outset of Summoning (Terrorbirds) and Ooglog (pool), the benefits that coincide with simple endurance are no longer appetizing. Shortcuts through Runescape are nice benefits to agility, but there's always another way around. Unless you wish to visit all the GWD bosses, there is not much incentive to really level up.

What about if you could run FASTER?

It shouldn't be too difficult; I can't fathom that it's any harder to program than the complete graphical overhaul we saw last year. Why not change sprint speeds, to either punish those with low agility (not likely) or allow those who spent time leveling it to really turn on the afterburners?

Why does someone with 1 agility run the same speed as someone with 99 agility? Does that makes sense to anyone?

Again, while I thought of this independently, it probably isn't the first time it's been suggested. That said, it warrants consideration until implementation!

stormveritas.png

Every level, 0.5 seconds faster per minute?

Could be nice

Meh, I support.

I hate agility but its soo easy to train, yet, still not much of a reward.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I support, this could be very good indeed ::'

How I see it, we could be able to vary our speed, depending on level - and this would alter the rate of energy % decrease respectively.

Great idea! :D

I disagree. This would completely unbalance the PvP system. If you run, then the person can chase you, atacking the whole time. Now, if they have higher Agility, they could run away. Even if it takes more energy, they only need 1 square on you to escape+log.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I disagree. This would completely unbalance the PvP system. If you run, then the person can chase you, atacking the whole time. Now, if they have higher Agility, they could run away. Even if it takes more energy, they only need 1 square on you to escape+log.

So then they'll have to raise agility to be faster, you could complain the same way about how strength lets you hit harder and it's unfair for those who have lower strength.

LOL.jpg

You would have to make speed increase at intervals of 10 or 20 then, because just think if someone can run really fast.

Ever play games like Maple Story where Mages can teleport short distances? Well imagine a guy with dclaws popping out of nowhere. Players can't run that quick.

Plus, consider the lag. Too many people darting across the screen is bound to create it.

To Pantim: that's part of the whole point; a reason or reward for those that invest the time to train agility.

You would have to make speed increase at intervals of 10 or 20 then, because just think if someone can run really fast

No. You can just control the incremental increase in speed.

Ever play games like Maple Story where Mages can teleport short distances? Well imagine a guy with dclaws popping out of nowhere. Players can't run that quick.

Balance is key. The avatar doesn't have to run 200 miles/hour, but you can create a significant improvement.

Plus, consider the lag. Too many people darting across the screen is bound to create it.

Lag is more due to high levels of detail, high total numbers of people, and the limitations of the server / ISP / computer. Higher speed people shouldn't make an outrageous impact so long as the speed is not completely out of line with reality.

stormveritas.png

That's the point. Making Agility a part of the game once again, players would have to raise it to compete ::'

yes butt my cuisin game programmer and i seriously asked him and the issue is movement speed to do something like this ALL OF THE SPEEDS INRS HAVE TO BE REVALUATED FROM HOW FAST U EAT TO HOW FAST U DIE and graphical bugs of this going by and rendering ro fast. its not likely to happen :cry:

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

I wouldn't support running faster, but running for a longer period of time would be best, in addition to regenerating a lot faster. So what im suggesting is keep the regeneration speed, and add to it so the run % decreases more slowly when you activate it. That would be the best way to do it, I think.

More shortcuts are welcome, too. If you like making cosmic runes or killing blue dragons the existing shortcuts are useful enough, though.

I support.

And to those saying it has an effect on PVP - so do the other skills. Just look at the equipment you're using. Some of it was probably obtained from a Quest where you had skill requirements. Just because it might alter the outcome of fights a little, that doesn't mean it's a bad idea because lots of your skills "effect" your fighting.

(Hypothetical example if strength were a noncombat skill before)

Now, think about this as instead making the previously useless skill strength, which allowed you to train in a gym or something similar to make you hit higher.

I disagree. This would completely unbalance the PvP system. If you are fighting, then the person can attack you, hitting the exact same as you, with the only factor in the hits being the weapon used. Now, if they have higher Strength, they could hit much harder. Even if it is a very small increase each level, they only need 1 hit on you to kill you faster*, take your drops, and log.

What's the difference :?:

I support this idea (maybe I'm biased because of my 72 agility, which'll be going up soon, but still...)

*Assuming same levels of everything but strength

[hide=quotes]

You are like a three legged cat. Everyone hates you and thinks you are ugly until, one day, they realize that you're cuter than all of the other cats. And you're fluffy too. I'm so glad I petted you.

I've always wondered: If there's offensive language, than there should be Defensive Language. But I've never encountered it. If it does exist, what would it entail? Being painstakingly polite in such a manner that infuriates another?
[/hide]sudokupsycho.png

So then they'll have to raise agility to be faster, you could complain the same way about how strength lets you hit harder and it's unfair for those who have lower strength.

The difference in that whoever has the higher agility WILL NOT lose. If you have lower stats then someone else, then it is still "luck" with this, there is nio "luck" its simply who has the higher agility.

That's the point. Making Agility a part of the game once again, players would have to raise it to compete ::'

This would make agility a requirement to pk.

(Hypothetical example if strength were a noncombat skill before)

Now, think about this as instead making the previously useless skill strength, which allowed you to train in a gym or something similar to make you hit higher.

I disagree. This would completely unbalance the PvP system. If you are fighting, then the person can attack you, hitting the exact same as you, with the only factor in the hits being the weapon used. Now, if they have higher Strength, they could hit much harder. Even if it is a very small increase each level, they only need 1 hit on you to kill you faster*, take your drops, and log.

What's the difference :?:

I support this idea (maybe I'm biased because of my 72 agility, which'll be going up soon, but still...)

*Assuming same levels of everything but strength

But the difference is, say Person A has 98 str, and person B has 99 str. The difference isin't great, and the fight will probably go 50%-50%. But if someone say had 98 Agility compared to 99 Agility, then the person with 98 Agiltiy WILL NOT WIN unless the 99 Agility person doesn't run.

To Pantim: that's part of the whole point; a reason or reward for those that invest the time to train agility.

Agility should not be a requirement to be sucessful. Thats like saying everyone has to pk with melee.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

i support,

It would effect run speed in pvp, but to get an advantage in pvp in the first place people made pures.

Instead of just having a high str/range/mage level for their combat level, to have the bigger edge they'd need to have a high agility level to

96290504.pngsilasinth.png

99/99 Hunter

73/80 Smithing

74/80 Agility

71/75 Slayer

69/70 Summoning

~Silasinth~

I wouldn't support running faster, but running for a longer period of time would be best, in addition to regenerating a lot faster. So what im suggesting is keep the regeneration speed, and add to it so the run % decreases more slowly when you activate it. That would be the best way to do it, I think.

More shortcuts are welcome, too. If you like making cosmic runes or killing blue dragons the existing shortcuts are useful enough, though.

I like this idea. :thumbup:

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I like this idea. :thumbup:

Me too. :thumbup:

Original idea is fail, all good pkers would have to get agil 99 lmao.