At what point should a F2P become a P2P?

HugeBrain

At what point should a F2P become a P2P? I've seen lvl 3s in member worlds and asked myself: What is that noob doing here?

When is it worth becoming a member? What lvl(s) should first be achieved?

What are your thoughts?

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say ASAP. Just think how much easier/faster/more efficient you are getting levels and items. You don't miss the herb and charm drops. A huge amount of quests is also an advantadge. So, as I was saying, as soon as you understand how to play (and you are willing to spend money either on this game or just to test full membership for a month) you should get it.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

even if you become a member right away you can't do things until you have reached some minimum requirements. i believe there is some form of minimum lvl or otherwise your just wasting membership doing f2p stuff.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

I think that they have to familiarise themselves with Runescape first i.e get to know where everything is and how everything operates, or else they'd be really confused when they get members.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Get a decent combat level, and some basic skills, at least 30's on most things.

Or, you could get 99 on everything and then join, that way you're sure not to waste any membership time on f2p stuff :thumbsup:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I became a member when I was level 68 and had all my free to play quests done and had 100k in the bank.But i spent about 24 hours of playing time(not continuosly)choppin willows till i had 60 wcing.I say be a member when youve done all or most free play quests and have a reliable way to make money in members places

Lan735

Proud member of the fighting saints

Fight as one and Die as one

1 person can change the world

When you can do everything in F2P and feel like becoming P2P...

or...

when you think you are ready for it...

or...

when you just feel like being P2P and pay for Runescpe.

15fgg40.gif

^ CLICK FOR BLOG ^

I actually went P2P at lvl 3. However, this was my 3rd account and i had a fair understanding of the game. Before i went P2P i read up on how to start several member skills and collected all the materials i needed to start my 1st member skill: Fletching :).

Anyways, I don't believe in a 'required level' before anyone should become members, the idea is silly in my eyes

Cerberus700.png

F2P for now

Private is on, gimme a HYT!

I actually went P2P at lvl 3. However, this was my 3rd account and i had a fair understanding of the game. Before i went P2P i read up on how to start several member skills and collected all the materials i needed to start my 1st member skill: Fletching :).

Anyways, I don't believe in a 'required level' before anyone should become members, the idea is silly in my eyes

why would you pay for memberships on multiple account? especially spending money on a lvl 3 membership instead of your main.

why would you pay for memberships on multiple account? especially spending money on a lvl 3 membership instead of your main.

My other 2 accounts were just to see what the game was like really and they failed to achieve much. That is when i decided to make my main account which i still use and havn't changed. I only paid for membership on that one account, not on several. It was just what i wanted to do I suppose, a fresh start :)

Cerberus700.png

F2P for now

Private is on, gimme a HYT!

My other 2 accounts were just to see what the game was like really and they failed to achieve much. That is when i decided to make my main account which i still use and havn't changed. I only paid for membership on that one account, not on several. It was just what i wanted to do I suppose, a fresh start :)

i still don't understand why you would quit an old account to create a main. unless your name stinks or you got muted or something what's the point?

this is a general statement. not just directed at you.

i still don't understand why you would quit an old account to create a main. unless your name stinks or you got muted or something what's the point?

this is a general statement. not just directed at you.

As he said, he was only using them to test the game out. They were like his test subjects. They did their duty, and that's that.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

Well, once I knew my way from "the cows" (lumby) to falador and back i finally joined, the most trouble i had was figuring out where i was when i was a noob. I eventually started to enjoy woodcutting and had about 56 wc and around 40 att and str with around 30 def when i joined. I'm not sure what combat level i was though.

Anybody can join whenever they want as long as they pay for it and know what they are doing. :P

hai.

itz_ninjake.png

itz_ninjake.png

itz_ninjake.png

iTz-NinJake.png

It's interesting to see people talk about levels here when they really don't apply. Become a member when you're bored enough with Freeplay -- doesn't matter if you're level 6, 60, or 99. It's not like the content or locations available to freeplayers isn't available to members anyway.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

as a current level 77 member i feel that you should become a member when you feel that it is worth the money you are to be spending... that is if ever. If you really enjoy the game and have accomplished everything available to f2p then the next step is a good idea. I personally would reccomend the ability to wear full rune and having completed all quests as this is a part of the game that gives meaning to it.

If you just want to become a member for the easier cash and to brag it is not such a good idea, i believe leveling f2p skills in a members world is a waste of membership but then again if you feel that you're ready and you're having fun there is no existant harm.

Matt the cup

matt_the_cup.png

Barrows: Dharoks Greataxe, verac's Flail, Bolt Racks, Dragon Med

KBD: 1 X Draconic Vissage (50-50) (18/5/09), 2 X KBD heads(26/5/09 and 11/06/09) 4 X Dragon Med, dragonstone,

Treasure Trails: Rune items: 99+, Sara Shield: 1, Guthix Pl8: 1, Saradomin Stole: 1, Sara page, zammy page 2, Random items eg Mahogony Planks/runes: Countless:P

PvP items: 1X Dark Bow, 3X Dragon items, 1X corrupt dragon dagger, Mny rune/random items