Time to Make Charms Tradable

Sanctus_Petrus

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I know many people think that this would be a bad idea. Their reasons would be that it would turn Summoning into another buyable skill, such as Prayer, Fletching, Smithing, Crafting, etc . They want to keep Summoning a skill that you have to work for, such as most melee skills, Mining, WC, Agility, etc.

Well, the fact is that Summoning is already a buyable skill. If you have 90-120m+ cash you can pretty much buy enough burst runes to power train your way to 99. I had friends get 99 in a matter of weeks through bursting at Rock Lobsters. So, it's already a buyable skill. The only difference is that the money does not go to other players, like in Prayer.

Now, I have gotten most of my combat xp through killing monsters. Strength is the only skill I pced. But for Prayer I spent about 100m in d-bones to get 99. Where did all that money go? To fellow RS players who kill dragons for money. Having d-bones tradable helps stimulate the games economy and it helps players afford good armors and weapons.

So why not do the same with charms? How many players are out there who have no interest in Summoning but cant profit from them because they cant sell them. I understand when they were untradeable in the beginning. Jagex didnt want players to get 99 right away. But almost a year has passed since it was released. I think its time to move on and make them tradable. It would give a lot of players who are struggling for money a good source of income.

090831004444.png

Why is it relevant that summoning can be semi-bought already? Why is it a reason to make charms buyable? Why make it even more buyable? Summoning isn't made to give people a way to make money with gathering charms. It's simply not the intention of the skill. I don't see any reason to change it. Your reasons seem quite illogic.

Also, Jagex isn't going to make charms tradable after a year. That doesn't make sense.

Why is it relevant that summoning can be semi-bought already? Why is it a reason to make charms buyable? Why make it even more buyable? Summoning isn't made to give people a way to make money with gathering charms. It's simply not the intention of the skill. I don't see any reason to change it. Your reasons seem quite illogic.

Also, Jagex isn't going to make charms tradable after a year. That doesn't make sense.

I'm inclined to agree. I like the fact that summoning requires money but you still have to put in a lot of time and effort to train it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I really don't think they should make the charms tradeable.. In my opinion, that would totally ruin the skill.

Summoning is meant to take a lot of effort, it's one of the things that make the skill fun to level.

So you can buy some skills, therefore all skills should be buyable?

Just because you can trade d-bones it doesn't mean you have to buy them. A lot of people collect the bones themselves for their training. The same would be with charms.

The only people loosing here are the players who don't care about the skill and have their bank full of charms or don't even pick them up because of its uselessness to them.

Why should the d-bone collectors be any better than charms collectors?

090831004444.png

Ok let's put it this way:

I am currently gona spend 100-150m camping at Rock Lobsters to help me get 99. It will probably take me 3-4- weeks which is really nothing compared to other non-buyable skills

OR

I could pass that money around to other players who have no interest in training the skill and who would otherwise drop the charms to save bank space or not even pick them up at all. Why should he/she be penalized for not liking the skill?

090831004444.png

Sadly, this thread will end up like all the other 100 topics about "Making Charms Tradable"

Locked. :thumbdown:

Oh, and I don't support tradable charms. 'Nuff said. But perhaps charms like Abyssal charms ect.

Ok let's put it this way:

I am currently gona spend 100-150m camping at Rock Lobsters to help me get 99. It will probably take me 3-4- weeks which is really nothing compared to other non-buyable skills

OR

I could pass that money around to other players who have no interest in training the skill and who would otherwise drop the charms to save bank space or not even pick them up at all. Why should he/she be penalized for not liking the skill?

They aren't being penalized. If they don't want them, they don't pick them up. Simple as that. I don't see why summoning can't be diffferent. I really like the fact that while it is somewhat buyable you do have to do some work towards it.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Sadly, this thread will end up like all the other 100 topics about "Making Charms Tradable"

Locked. :thumbdown:

Oh, and I don't support tradable charms. 'Nuff said. But perhaps charms like Abyssal charms ect.

One thing you can never buy is the satisfaction one gets from attempting to opening up minds to new concepts and ideas. That is one skill I will never stop training ::'

090831004444.png

whats this like the 500th thread made about this?

imo, summoning is easy to buy, u just need the cash...plus charms are a common drop from many slayer tasks. do you want it to become the next fm in terms of buyability? even if u set standard prices, they would plummet because everyone with charms in bank would b selling to make some cash.

to go with my friend bunkie, jagex would probably make them tradble (hope they dont) when over *9000* people have 99 summ and it becomes as common as an atk cape...then no one would really profit

no.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Let's make all secondary charms tradeable, crimson,green,blue and gold charms should remain untradeable. Oh and talon beast charms should stay untradeable.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Well, the fact is that Summoning is already a buyable skill. If you have 90-120m+ cash you can pretty much buy enough burst runes to power train your way to 99. I had friends get 99 in a matter of weeks through bursting at Rock Lobsters. So, it's already a buyable skill. The only difference is that the money does not go to other players, like in Prayer.

Now, I have gotten most of my combat xp through killing monsters. Strength is the only skill I pced. But for Prayer I spent about 100m in d-bones to get 99. Where did all that money go? To fellow RS players who kill dragons for money. Having d-bones tradable helps stimulate the games economy and it helps players afford good armors and weapons.

Umm, did you forget that your PAYING for the runes. Therefore, the money is going to fellow RS runecrafters who are crafting your burst runes.

magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

NUH-OH-HHHH!

Hmmm, it's half buyable... LET'S MAKE IT TOTALLY BUYABLE!!1!11!1!!eleven!!1!

A rich skiller buys their way to 99 summoning. They then go to low level bounty hunter. They have many steel titan pouches and scrolls. They activate the scroll on an opponent. They win. WE LOSE.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

One thing you can never buy is the satisfaction one gets from attempting to opening up minds to new concepts and ideas. That is one skill I will never stop training ::'

Oh dear, an egotist.

Topic:

No. Absolutey not. Once you have all the shards, seconds, and charms needed, you can get INSANE exp rates with a spirit kyatt teleport and castewars bank. Summoning is far from even half buyable.

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

• 2 weeks later...
All your reasons would work for a different update - Bogrog or Pikkupstix buying players' charms for set prices.

I like the idea tbh. It would work fine too.

I really don't care about me having to get them. I can burst and get them fast. I am just looking out the "new" players. They are the ones who bring life to RS

090831004444.png