Your favorite runescape memory.

Knitewulf

I remember being stuck in the dreaded Draynor Mansion. I could not for the life of me figure out how to get out of that place! I struggled and struggled and finally realised that there was a trap door near the east wing of the house. But back then, what a task that was. :lol:

Another fond memory was being killed in the Wilderness (back when it was in its prime) and I was there with a friend of mine exploring, we knew of the Wilderness & that you could kill others, but we was of a poor CB level (34-38). Eventually this pure ended up taking off 11s off my friend, so I ran away but eventually stopped to see if my friend would emerge, then a white dot appeared on the mini-map and I myself ended up feeling the sharp side of his Rune Scimitar. -.-

libertherme.png

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite memory was when I was fighting lesser demons in Karamja Dungeon. I was happily fighting them with this other guy and all of the sudden he starts running away. I relised that he was low on health and didn't have any food left. The lesser demon got a few lucky 8's on him and he died... I got a rune scimmy and a rune battleaxe along with full green d'hide and a lot of arrows. This was probably my best day ever... at least at the time. Later I sold the rune battleaxe for 15k to my friend... they were worth about 40k at the time... I later found out it was my friend's friend that apparently didn't like me... -.- Oh well... it all makes for good memories!!! :thumbsup:

Battlerifel.png

Battlerifel.png

My Blog: http://forum.tip.it/...el#entry3250508

My Forum entry: QFC - 48-49-627-63687284

getting my iron battleaxe :D

i was a noob then and didn't know how to make money. i thought 130gp was a lot, so i started killing the people in lumbridge. this was in 2005, when i first started playing on an account called nintendo662 which i supposedly "gave" to my friend (he hackd it :P). i didn't care much because by that time, i had already gotten a lvl 42 player, which is now my main (lvl 53, name is ene789).

i may start a new account and train it up again but with different combat stats to sort of formulate a strategy for the new pvp worlds. it shouldnt take too long cause i already kno how to train at a decent rate now. i could probly get it in a couple of months.

Proud member of The RuneScape Rebels

Heres a few other memories from early 2001 that are very nostalgic to me.

I remember training on cows in Lumbridge, my first trip to the Wizard's Tower (The skeleton was actually a threat!) since the first quest I ever did was Restless Ghost. All of the holiday drops are fresh in my mind, especially the chaos at the south Falador bank (near where the dwarven mine entrance is now) when the Christmas Crackers were being opened.

Plus, who else can forget camping the lesser demons under the Karamja volcano for hours trying to get that elusive rune medium helm?

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Heres a few other memories from early 2001 that are very nostalgic to me.

I remember training on cows in Lumbridge, my first trip to the Wizard's Tower (The skeleton was actually a threat!) since the first quest I ever did was Restless Ghost. All of the holiday drops are fresh in my mind, especially the chaos at the south Falador bank (near where the dwarven mine entrance is now) when the Christmas Crackers were being opened.

Plus, who else can forget camping the lesser demons under the Karamja volcano for hours trying to get that elusive rune medium helm?

humm i never tryed to get a rune meduim helm but i was killing then for slayer and got 1 :D

Back in old wildy when I was much more of a noob than I am now,(I was around 20cmb) A random level 30 asked me to fight him, and I agreed. We walked up to level 10 wildy and fought. Here is the funny part. he lagged out. Turns out that he forgot to bank his money, and I got 90k, and thought I was rich. 8-)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

I remember my first day of mems I went to Seer's Village and started chopping maples. I found that bird's nest and checked what was inside and found a green egg (Which is the Guthix egg now). I got it in October 06 and it's still in my bank.

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

the earliest and prob favorite memory i have is being low lvl cb and trying to make my own armor cause i had no money i was mining southeast of varrock walking to fally (didnt know bout lumb furnace) smelting into bars walking to varrock and smithing the bars. while mining i met this chick we started talking idk how it was brought up but i told her i hated walkin to fally and back and she told me i could bank the ores...that was the single most amazing thing i'd heard in rs and the first time i did it i was so happy i couldnt help but run back to the mines and talk that chicks head off

in the teen lvls i met a guy in barb vill while fishin we were bout the same lvl and we started talkin we became really good friends over the next year - year and a half until he got membership when we were bout 50 cb and told me it was amazing. i didnt get membership till lvl 70 and the day i did i went to meet him and he was lvl 90 and i was so amazed and he traded me and gave me a cannon for free so i thanked him endlessly and then he told me it was worth 600k. i had never seen half of that so i told him id do w/e i could to repay him and he told me to do a quest so i could make cannonballs and he could use them on slayer tasks so i did until i had given him 600k worth of cannonballs. he taught me everything i needed to know to start members, the quests i needed to do, the skills i should train everything he was great. after a while he quit for a month or 2 and when he came back i was like 99 cb and he was 95 and i was so happy that i was ahead of him. best rs friend by far

ooooo another great one was when i had 600k cash and was wishing i could just have 1m for a second and was bout to sell my entire bank to see if i had enough when my cousin said he had 400k and we could take turns having 1m so we did and it was the best feeling in the world (i was 100+ cb and he was 60 ish)

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

This is hard to pin point. in general f2p pking with my friends was the funest thing i have ever done in a game. but probably the greatest single memory was my cousin gave me rune scimmy in early 02 and i remember training like crazy on hill giants to get 40 attack (i was like 31 at the time) it was a great feeling finaly being able to use that rune scimmy.

Has to be when I bought full guthans. It was way back when we had to go fally w2 to buy it. I bought it 8m. I was FREAKING happy, was my biggest goal ever back then.

Another one would have to be my favorite friend, floogudsnot6. He's just awesome. I met him when we were like lv 20. He was air striking chickens :D

Or it would be my visage drop, biggest drop I ever got (best was beserker ring before, and it was from PvP!)

ib7rVm.png

Hmm. Lets see. There were a lot.

One was probably my first major amount of money. Not long, maybe 2 or 3 months after I got members, I was doing the Jungle Clean up minigame. It was like 5 am and i was getting ready to get off and go to bed. Then, there was a guy that i didnt see for more than one second. All I saw was him going down. I ran over, but I was the only one around. He died and dropped a whip, a full cannon, 3k cannon balls, and a few other things that werent too important. I was so happy when I went to fally and sold that Whip for 2.1m.

Not long after, i was broke again =]

But then i was killing white knights and an idiot died there. I walked over again and saw some coins on the ground. So i picked it up and looked. 1074K! nothing else, just that. I felt kinda bad, seeing as he may have just sold everything to buy something. But oh well!

Other than those, my best memory was when i was about level 50. I was pking, something i rarely ever did. I decided to get a team together. So there were two people who joined me. One was ranging and one was meleeing like me. We didnt kill anyone worth it, but I stayed friends with these people for a long time. Now one doesnt play anymore, but the other dtill does and we talk regularly

JOsphat10101.png

Josphat10101.png

I've only been playing a year but my favorite is when I got my first 80 then 85 stat. Attack :twss:

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence

The favorite memories are the ones when the game was about fun, not stressing out about goals or efficiency. Reading through this, it really is true. Just have fun with the game, don't worry about costs or exp. Play how you'll enjoy it most.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The favorite memories are the ones when the game was about fun, not stressing out about goals or efficiency. Reading through this, it really is true. Just have fun with the game, don't worry about costs or exp. Play how you'll enjoy it most.

Indeed. Every one when they first started had their mind set on just having fun and goofing around. It seems the higher you get in this game the more you grind and forget the golden days of killing level 2 men for money and saving up for that addy longsword. Those were the best days out of my whole rs career. I could be the top player with the most wealth in game but I would still yearn to go back to those days, when you got lost on your way to varrock from lumbridge. I miss the adventure in this game, and this game really is coming to a be one big useless grind.

That's my 2 cents :thumbup:

patr1ckotg1.png

Running around with my best pal at the time (In like 2005, Ericawozniak) in full black besides a steel full helm, and circling Falador. We acted like secret agents and I switched to full steel when I was inide the city (This was Ftp and we were both poor.) we thought ourselves so clever. :roll: :oops:

I remember when Rs was about goofing off and not "Having to get capes"...

Slayer drops: Black Mask: 1 (Ik I fail)

18.jpg

Indeed. Every one when they first started had their mind set on just having fun and goofing around. It seems the higher you get in this game the more you grind and forget the golden days of killing level 2 men for money and saving up for that addy longsword. Those were the best days out of my whole rs career. I could be the top player with the most wealth in game but I would still yearn to go back to those days, when you got lost on your way to varrock from lumbridge. I miss the adventure in this game, and this game really is coming to a be one big useless grind.

That's my 2 cents :thumbup:

lol true, i remember the days when i made 300gp off the bronz scimmy respawn in remmy back in rsc and thought it was a truck load of money lol.

bedce0cd19.png

Looking back, my favorite memory is from when I had just finished the tutorial. I was walking north, on the road from Lumbridge to Varrock (not that I knew that), when somebody cast a water strike on a goblin, who was standing on my spot. I thought he (the player) attacked me!

I spend the next two weeks training in Al Kharid, getting 30 or so combat...

That's my favorite memory in today's context. I didn't think it very nice back then!

Getting my whip was also a great day, as I am very bad at earning money...

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The first time I ever logged on, about 1 hour after tutorial, some random guy gave me a full invintory of gold bars!

That and meeting my bro, Bl00d Br0thr, were the best days evr

:thumbsup:

EDIT: just remembered something! One time, I was saving up fora mithril sword, bought at varrock sword store. and my friend said, "you have enuf!" so I went and the price was 50 gp above what I had. so I went across the street andkilled men in the bar til I had 50 more gp. by then the price had dropped because some1 had sold a mith sword to the store lol

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

I don't know anything anymore about me being a noob :thumbsup:

My favorite memorys:

-getting my first whip. I pmed all my friends like 10 times: i got a whip! \'

-first GWD aviansies trip

-finally doing monkey madness (on lvl 85) and DT (lol on lvl 95, just a few weeks ago). I was afraid of these two quests when I was starting them, but when I look back at them I could have done them earlier.

-doing my first barrows trip. An you know what? It was today! I <3: Barrows already!

Detrumi.png

Detrumi.png

My first 100k, which I got mostly by mining ess.

Wearing full rune for the first time.

My first 1M, which I got by smelting steel bars.

But really, my favorite ones are newbie memories. Wielding an addy longsword, killing cows for hides, which I crafted. Trying to merch cowhides (buy 100 or 120, sell bulk 150). Fishing for lobbies on Karamja. Getting 60 mining after 2 years of play (powerleveling from 1-60 can be done in a day). Pking and getting pked.

My absolute favorite has to be the time when I just finished a deathmatch with a friend (in 2005). I won, then tellied back to lumby. We decided to go pking in the wildy north of varrock. So there I was in full rune, going to lvl 1 varrock wildy. Back then, I couldn't afford to lose the full rune that I had. I also forgot to heal up after the deathmatch. I went into the wildy with 7hp. A mage attacked me. I got out with 1hp.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.