Your favorite runescape memory.

Knitewulf

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm.. The ones that I remember was the market. 32-45k for rune scimitar? :D

Making money by mining coal in bulk. It made my finger(s) hurt.

Getting members, oh what a great feeling! =D>

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Hi, my favorite Runescape memory was when my friend bought me full black and an addy 2h. I was a really poor low lvl with hardly any cash and he bought me the stuff because he knew me in rl. But I had to pay him my 1k.

I later traded my addy 2h to my other friend for a black longsword.

I have 3:

1. Getting 60 attack on my birthday and getting a dds from a friend as a present

2. Getting 99 Fletching

3. The satisfaction that I felt when I successfully haggled the price of full steel from 700gp to 150gp (which is all I could afford - 700gp?!?! That person thought I was freaking rich ;) )

For me I think out of those 3 I remember the 3rd one most clearly ::'

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

probably sometime in 2005 I was standing in lumbridge asking for stuff and some guy gave me a mithril dagger. I totally freaked out because I had just gotten 20 attack and I got 22 that day. When I logged in the next day, my bank (probably about 10k worth of stuff) was gone. :cry:

Back in july of 04 i joined runescape and a few weeks later i met a god buddy, Saved him from the ice cavern south of remmy, Well he has since moved on but i still have all my first rs memories with him burning fires on the top floor of the lumby castle was one of my favorites ^.^

More recent'ish was when my clan was at clws just in a line doing the snowman dance. A some of the people in that row turned into idiots but i don't regret loving them at that time :)

I'm not wanting to advertise, my youtube account is zlcoolboy not dm30 but this is the video of this memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Z-g2unYVQ if its a problem to post that video I'm sorry i just wanted to share. if it is a problem go ahead and remove the link :)

P2p: 135 F2p: 124 as of July 29, 09.

P2p: 137 F2p: 126 as of September 25, 11.

mythshadows.gif

i remember the day i died the first time. it was horrible. it was the second day i had played. the first day was like a school day and i made the acc at school but that is not important, still an interesting memory. any way. the friends that i started playing with and i were planning on making a clan and we each had different jobs and such. i was to be a ranger or something like that. i eventually gave up c cause it was too expensive. so i trained attack at the lumby cows for like an hour. i was running low on cooked meat, and my cooker friend was not on so i thought i could handle an adult cow.. turns out i could not and i died. it was the most spectacular death i have ever had.

another memory that is close to my heart is the day that one of my friends gave me a d axe. i hadn't seen him in like a year. we had re met like a week before this took place. i was on my way to 99 wc. i had reached 90 recently and he said he had a gift for me, earlier in the week he had said it was a black mask, and i was thinking ok that will look cool. he comes to me at the gnome yews and trades with me, the first thing he puts up was the d axe. i declined and said no way you cant its like 3 mil. he said i couldn't find the black mask so here you go. man "spit" if there was a way i could ever repay you like buying you a bgs i would in a heartbeat. because i was reluctant to sell that d axe even after getting 99 wc and fletch. i wish i still had it because it menat a lot to me. and if you read this i just hope you understand that. <3:<3:

those are my most memorable events.

the funny thing is the freinds i all started playing with quit within the first month of me playing how odd is that? ::'

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Well, It was one I just had today actually. I was on a free player pvp world (I am a member so I do that for fun :thumbsup: ) and there was this one guy who kept trash talking me. I told him "gtfo" and his reply was "make me" I was in some pretty expensive gear (arguably the best free pvp stuff) and I attacked, with a battle cry of "ok, lets go son". He ran into a corner and I was hot on his tail hitting him a few times. He then slipped on rune, with chainbody and 2 hander and told me "poor choice nub" He was 4 or 5 levels higher than me so I was a bit frightened but then I hit an 11 and 10 in a row, redbar-ing him due to my previous hits. he ate something (a salmon I assume since thats what he dropped... oops, I got to the good part, keep reading though) and then I hit another time, dealing like 9 damage, dropping him. he only dropped like a rune plateskirt, body and some food, but it felt great to make him eat his words :shame: Lol

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

Fav memory would have to be when I finished the Dragon Slayer quest then saved up for weeks to get full rune!

My cousins and I played at the time and we were all competing in skills, quests, and items but also helped each other out ... I miss them days ... makes me feel old to think of RS classic knowing there is few people playing today who had played back then.....

I have two.

The moment I started out in RuneScape for the second time. I can still remember tutorial island from years and years ago.

And... when I quit. So many years of RuneScape for what? Fun. I have no regrets.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Oh man, where do I begin?

On my first day playing, fresh off tutorial island, I tried killing a goblin. I was terrified, because although I was winning, I kept getting hit. I emerged victorious, and then went on to kill a bunch more in the goblin house. I killed them until I had stockpiled 100 gold coins! Then, I heard someone mention something about, "fun up north". I'm game for fun! So I went all the way up the dark knight's castle in 13 wilderness (at that point, all I knew was that it had ladders, and it had big monsters that could kill me easily). I climbed up a ladder, and ran around so I was right above the chaos rune spawn. I went down the ladder...BAM! Some spell hit me, and I die. All I see is, "haha" from the one who killed me. I assumed that they laid an elaborate trap, dropping the runes on the ground so I would go for them. I had no idea it was a rune spawn. Man, was I pissed. How was I ever going to get back my bread, shrimp, bucket...

Another great memory was the first time I found the Varrock East Bank. Or Varrock, for that matter. You mean I can store all those coins I get from killing Goblins?

Then there's the time I discovered the Adamant Longsword in the Sword Store in Varrock. Over 3000 coins? How am I supposed to be able to afford that?

I had this feeling that anything you make, get from a drop, or buy from stores, is better than anything you could get in a trade. I killed Elvarg like this:

Rune Med Helm (From a Lesser Demon - I was ECSTATIC)

Mithril Chainmail (Read above)

Iron Platelegs (I was a master smith)

Rune Longsword (Bought from the Champions Guild for 32,000, thank you very much)

I also had a practice run. The person before me damaged the dragon a lot, but didn't kill him. I came in and mopped up. He finished the quest, I had to wait : /

The turning point, though, was killing greater demons in the demonic ruins up in 48 wilderness with my little brother. I accidentally attacked him, and so I had a skull. Out of nowhere, a FIREBLASTING MAGE attacks me! I was so nervous that I forgot to turn on protect item, and I lost my rune longsword!

That day, I swore that I would get my rune longsword back. And so, Pkarcherpro was born. For the sole purpose of pking a rune longsword.

So many more great memories, but I think I've rambled enough. Lately, all I've had are, "Achievement" memories, which aren't NEARLY as memorable as my noob days :P

Fighting goblins on the dirt path out of Lumbridge. I remember gathering coins and wondering why I couldn't wear goblin armor!

Ahaha yeah, and sold goblin mail to the general store for 16 gp each.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

My favorite runescape memory would probably be when I made my first mil. It doesn't seem like much now but back then it was a realy big thing for me. :lol:

ubermage2000.pngubermage2000.png

ubermage2000.png[ubermage2000.png

ubermage2000.png

-Barrows Drops- 1 Dharok's Helm,1 Ahrim's Robetop,1 Torag's Hammers, 1 Dragon Med

-GWD Drops- 1 Shard

-DK Drops- 7 Dragon Axes, 7 Berserker Rings, 7 Warrior Rings, 2 Archer Rings, 1 Dragon Med

I remmeber when i first became a member

i had just bought a granite maul and got scammed for it by some other hammer. :lol:

:lol: ,

my favorite runescape memory? After getting permanent banned receiving this account with 800k from my best friend :D thanks, yakuza131, i owe you one.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

when i was un perm muted jan 2008 :)

i had been perm muted for 1 1/2 years with no hope of being un muted.... long story short i was un muted and all blk marks erased jan of 2008... never been in trouble with jagex since :)

i gud boy :D

dj_phox.png

i remember i was walking in varrock then bam!!! i found a rune chain and rune helm on the floor!! i was jumping through the roof! (this was like 2004 and i was lvl 17 atm) i sold it 2 general store for 21k then i went 2 falador and tried 2 kill a guard....i died...ppl picked up my gold lol

2h87rk8.jpg

Drops:2x Dragon Chain, 8x Dragon Platelegs, 3x Dragon Plateskirts

Recently Demoted to F2P, now getting 99 attack via giant spiders

Back when the wildy was still around, me and my 3 rl friends frequently organised "wilderness expeditions". This was around 2006ish. We would mess anyone who tried to stand in our way, and backstabbed each other for fun.

2/3 have since quit, the last one is semi retired and comes on once in a while.

My FAVOURITE RuneScape memory was when I just started, and was a noob. I had no idea where I was going and I was trying to get tin and copper ores from Varrock East mine, smelting them at Lumbridge furnace, then forging them at Varrock near the West bank. I remember wondering if I was going the right way and I only knew if I passed the flags near Lumbridge cows/chickens. That and the Guards at Varrock South gate were my only landmarks. I also remember looting gp from people killing the Guards at Varrock Palace and getting like 500gp in half an hour.... I was so excited when I found the Guards in the room on second floor of the palace, and on the roof :D . This was way back in Christmas 2005, and even now I wish I could play like that. It made the game more fun, rather than how I play now, with all the help I get.

Good times, good times!

Fighting goblins on the dirt path out of Lumbridge. I remember gathering coins and wondering why I couldn't wear goblin armor!

Ahaha yeah, and sold goblin mail to the general store for 16 gp each.

Lol, my first money maker was killing "Man" at the back of the pub in varrock (next to sword shop). There also was a leather body spawn close there, which was worth 14 gp if I sold it to the general store! 300 Gp was hard work back then, which I invested in crap like a bronze full helm, bought in the general store. Oh my ... :D