Your favorite runescape memory.

Knitewulf

The favorite memories are the ones when the game was about fun, not stressing out about goals or efficiency. Reading through this, it really is true. Just have fun with the game, don't worry about costs or exp. Play how you'll enjoy it most.

My favorite stressing moment was finally being able to cut mage. I worked night after night getting that level. Before that, when I was first time member, stumbling across the maples in Seers and then a magic tree for the first time. My first dragon ax was an awesome feeling. Next was when I bought my dragonchain. I might have been broke but man was I happy!

Just recently I got 70 att so I ran out and bought a whip. The day or so before I finally got a d-scimmy.

Sure, I could've fletched/strung all of those yews before I bought my whip but I didn't wanna wait and it is a game after all. as long as I'm having fun who cares. :) I'll get my 99's eventually.

Although my next goal is to get 70def and 75 att. Then I can buy guthins and borrow my big sis's SS. \'

akashasmommy.png

Elizabeth: There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.

Jack: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Do or do not - there is no try. "Yoda"

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I miss my noob days of runescape *sigh*

-training to level 34 on cows cus i was scared of dieing

-mining iron and smithing it in fally

-killing my first gaurd

-buying full rune then completing dragon slayer

then as a member

-picking about 8k total flax over my noob member days

-finding out what a clue scroll was after i dropped like 5 (then doing 7 in one day, lvl 1's of course)

-making cannon balls

-would willingly walk from lumbridge to ardogune because of my pathetic mage level at the time

then one time that i was really excited about is when i was killing green dragons in teh wild some guy got owned by one and i piked up rune legs plate and kite, zerker helm, and ring of welth (and i was wearing full rune at the time) some guy i think realized i picked all of it up then ran up to me and hit a 20 on me with a whip before i could tele. I made a good bit of money compaired to the fact i only had 100k in my bank lol

cac29dfe51.png

image.png

Please click and warm up my egg.

i remember when i was like a lvl 20 i was in the wild and just walking there for the first time, and i was hit with magic. i see the guy so i run over to him and kill him and end up getting his staff of air and i was amazed cause i never saw one before and the fact that i had unlimited airs floored me.

i waas such a noob, :lol:

Oh, that reminds me of the time my friend (who introduced me to Runescape, damn him) showed me his fire staff, and I was in awe of the unlimited fire runes! I was like this "Are you serious?! Unlimited fire runes? And you have an air staff too?! Dude!"

hmmm my favorite memory?

must be when i was a nooby ranger ranging in the ardy zoo killing jogres. I killed one, and saw a champ scroll in the cage. I telegrabbed it not knowing how rare a drop it was. I almost dropped it because i thought it was something like a clue scroll or somthing i didnt want. I ended up keeping it and doing as it told me. :XD:

I read every post in the form and it took me a hour, it made me think about my memories.

So i created a account just to post mine, here they are.

-Selling full bronze for 1k!!!!!! (that was alot to me)

-running in to the wildy when i was level 9 and got scared cos people were attacking each other and kept on running further and further north untill i died because on hill giants.

-Dieing in dranor manor, and spending ages tring to do that quest.

-Playing clan wars when it came out, I in the clan B A A A M when i was well excited because it was 98 vs 19 and we lost :( they were 100+ >:(

-buying full rune (g) then competing dragon slayer just so that i could wear it.(last week)(I was level 74)

-Pvping a rune skirt, from a mage cos he called me a noob :D.

-Being pissed off when i hadn't played in a month and there was no wildy and there was a trade limit!!

-mining tin and copper in rimmington mine, (i didnt know about the one south east of varrok) walking to flador and smelting it and then smithing in varrok, and selling in the shop. good times good times .

-World 1 west Varrok bank, very good times.

-And generally being a noob :) :P cos its fun.

They are my memories.

Probably not my favorite, but most memorable:

I was really poor when i first started and i had about 3 accounts. so i made a new account and drop traded about 5k from my other two accounts to buy full black. Then i went to falador to train on white knights, and while another person and i were attacking a guard. he stepped away. i got turned on, and died.

then: doing agility with my newly bought green mask. turned out bad.

and everytime i go to classic and just see the interface to log in. brings back lots of good memories

Will_2_Fight.png

When addy plates where 16k, and that was a lot of money.

O, and another LOL, trading a guy that had 4 santa hats (i was clueless of rares back then) and trying to buy one for a chefs hat.

ly7.png

Ly7.png

icon_mrgreen.gif

i was at lumby killing goblins then my brother ran up to me and said i figured out how to train def in the first day i was lvl 10 def lol...

my worst was a few weeks ago lost fighter do to wilderness glitch...

my main: marcus11200vk2.png

w350.png

my pure is: pkbugni6.png

marcus11200.png

marcus11200.png

215 quest points atm but too lazy to change

o and btw my first 100k.

I was with my friend and this random guy traded me. I said "?" he says "u will like" i trade him. he offers 100k and accepts. I was sooo happy and show my friend. I thought i was sooooo rich. Then i bought full addy for 40k #-o some guy said it was worth 40k :(

my friend was like "omg ur soooo rich" and i was bragging to my other friends ::'

omg the memories

My first 99 skill, which was range, it had taken me almost a year in ftp by killing lesser demons with steel arrows. It's still my favorite skill.

Close second in 85 mining

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

I think my favorite memory had to have been my first 10k. Looking back on it it's my worst memory. When party hats came out I was a player, and i got a blue one from my christmas cracker. I managed to sell it to a person for 10k later. I was thinking that I must have been rich. Looking back on that, makes me hate myself. I lost out at a potential 500m :wall: (at blue p hats max price), for 10k, but it felt awesome at the time \'

Toxic78.png

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

My favorite memory goes back to either 2001 or 2002, finally being big and strong enough to kill that one barbarien woman in the pub in varrock. Or killing men, sleeping in the bed, then killing men again.

Combat fatigue must have been horrible to train with, luckily I was so nooby, it didn't matter :P

RIP Noobkilla 3 2001-2006

RIP Cmenonu 2006-2007

RIP Runescape 2001-2006

~Claimed Mechscape Name~

"A Broom"

I have a new one, lol.

When I started playing in 2002 or 2003, I got through tutorial island and was at the very end of it. Back then, you had to take a boat to get to lumbridge. You weren't teleported. So I talked to the sailor who takes you there and he was like "get in the boat to go to lumbridge". So I spent hours clicking on the boat and nothing happened. Finally, my brother told me to right click and I did and it said "take boat" and I got to lumby.

My other one is going to varrock or lumbridge general store and clicking on items trying to buy them. I still didn't have the whole "right clicking" thing down because I barely ever used computers until I started playing Runescape. So I clicked on the items and it just said "value of a tinderbox: 1 coin" over and over again and I was like "I HAVE SOME MONEY!! GIVE ME THE TINDERBOX!!" Finally, I right clicked and I figured out how to buy it. I think I figured out the right clicking thing later, though. I'm pretty sure I just got frustrated and left and came back later.

My favorite memory was probably i was a level 50-something, and I was selling full rune with chainbody and longsword. This guy comes up to me and buys it for about 1.4m... :thumbsup:

Another memory was when I did dragon slayer... I brought full inventory of swordys, and probably right before I died (like not even a 1/8 second) I ate a swordy and lived, and killed Elvarg. Such a close call!

http://Pumpmaster60.png

My favourite memories of runescape mostly took place in either lumby, varrock or al kharid. I had no idea about falador, or any other cities until about a month into playing. Ah, blissful ignorance...

But my 6 favourite memories would be:

1. Getting gifted an ammy of defence and magic on my second day of playing ever (WOW 2 AMULETS ZOMG!) for free. I thought the defence one was sooooo cool :thumbsup:

2. Fighting a level 48 random event zombie with my newly acquired full steel from a death pile, getting it to 1hp, and dying :x

3. Trading a guy in full rune my first rune 2 hander for his rune scimmy at delrith's stonehengy thing (yes, that was noobish of me,) only for him to be k0ed by a level 20 dark wizard. Needless to say, I didn't get the sword back, but I had fun with his rune kite, helm and legs :thumbsup:

4. Selling a rune scimitar for 5k in falador park, to make my first mil (I was on 995k,) and seeing how many different trades I could get in 10 seconds. The answer - 13. The guy I gave it to was quite new to the game, so I was happy with that ;)

5. Buying death runes and chaos runes from either Aubury or Betty for cheap, back when there was no infinite stock, or fixed prices, or countdown timers from jumping world to world, getting a ton, and wholesaleing them by the stairs in varrock west bank, making a 33% profit on my money every time =D>

6. The best of all was the respawning items in the wilderness. Back when i had about 50k, I bought a truckload of nats, sat at either the earth staff or steel plate or gold necklace spawn in the lava maze, and just alched my head off. Back when there were no revs, and a quiet world in the wildy was virtually safe. I miss it so much =P~ =P~ =P~

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

There are a few memories I won't forget:

1. Getting full rune in varrock back in the days without GE.

2. El Popo1's maxing out party.

3. Getting my partyhat.

4. Talking with the hacker of my account to delay him from dropping my phat until a JMod locked the account. Close one!

[404] Signature not found.

when i started out on my first account, a former friend of mine was pretty rich, i was lvl 12, he was lvl 80, he had full saradomin (barrows and dragon wasn't out back then) so he had the best armour possible, he even bought a santa hat later on, and he lost it (dropped in his house and connection lost, i laughed for weeks over that) we were wandering in al-kharid when suddently he said: w8 here, i waited, and when he came back he gave me a mithril battleaxe, i checked it at the general store and it was like 500 gp worth or so, i kinda freaked out :D i kept that battleaxe for years, as it was a symbol of me, finally getting around in runescape and finally able to KO goblins.. not being able to wear a goblins mail was pretty annoying 2 back then lol, runescape was so much better in the days with no trade-limit, no pvp, no barrows, no dragon.. i started a new account later, lvl 114 now on it with very nice stats, almost 99 woodcut and 99 firemake, aiming for 99 fish, 99 cook, 99 fletch and 99 mage in the short future..

Jona%20Mathijs.png

I gotta say the release of the Dragon Slayer quest. Since NPC's could only speak to one player at a time, a several screens long queue formed from Oziach's house, filled with people wearing full rune (not the plate, obv) following the person in front. I wasn't able to do the quest myself for some time, but seeing all those elite players (anyone wearing any rune armor was godlike in my eyes) really wow-ed me!

A new study shows that 98% of teenagers listen to emo music. The other 2% have stayed straight gangster. If your apparantly the 0% who still listens to rock, put this in your signature.

Heh... I remember back in 2003 when I first started playing. I had everything that I owned on me and was wondering around Arsingarna (cant spell XP) and a rat came up and killed me :(

And when I got my Black Longsword helping someone with Earnest Chicken quest (I used tip.it guide lol) I was so happy, I thought I got the coolest weapon in the game

I saw a party hat's at the general store in rsc. Didn't bother buying them, thought they were worthless....

userbar-fow.gif

Back in 2006 when my old msn buddy introduced me to RuneScape and showed me around, gave me 11k (I still remember that=P), and I just went around exploring RuneScape and thought it was so big; but it really wasn't when I got used to it later. I had to ask some guy where Falador was because I was lost on the way lmao. I know the map was right on the bar above but Idk, I guess I wasn't paying attention to it.

Definitely my favourite memory was the first time my friend showed me Runescape, I think it might have been when Runescape "2" was first released. I ended up wandering around for a long time, completely lost. All I really remember is getting killed by a dwarf, and then getting stuck on an island, only to be killed by scorpions. I actually loved it, because it was so foreign and mysterious, and now I love the idea of exploring in anything.

Second best memory would be my now-hacked account Yofreddie (Best. Name. Ever.). Got him to something like level 50, with 60-70 woodcutting, also mined quite a bit. Then, being new as I still was (Or at least clueless), I fell trap to the whole "Jagex blocks your pass" trick.

On top of that, I remember randomly being asked by a higher level player to trade armour, his full rune for my full addy. My mind was blown by the act of kindness. I've also maintained that I will do that sometime soon.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.