Your favorite runescape memory.

Knitewulf

Collecting 7 santas in wild, and trading full addy for purple partyhat <3:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite memory hmm... well i have 3

1:getting to wield dragon i was so happy!!! :lol:

2:when i became a member

3:when i bought my first house all my friends threw me a housewarming party it was so fun! :D

Erin go bragh (Ireland for ever)

tetsupportsig2.jpg

The day summers end came out is a kind of surreal but great memory.

A few of us in Forsakenmage cc had completed the quest and were looking for more portals, then i think it was cartiaga (sorry if it was somebody else but im bad with names) Said the spirit beast is still alive. I dont think any of us believed him at first but then a few of us went to the end of the cave and were just wowed at seeing the copr beast stood there. It really was a HOLY [cabbage] moment.

A couple of us went in a few times to see how strong it was and when we saw its hits we were just speechless.

About 5-10 of us kitted up not knowing what gear to bring and trid taking it down, took us a good few tries to even damage it, then when a few more people came from the cc we tried a full kill. Took us at least half an hour to get it to 1/4 hp. Eventually killed it ages after that, seemed that last 1/4 took forever, but we eventually killed it. We must have been the first or second group to kill it in all of rs (people rumoured Di had killed it on another world around the same time).

It was just epic :shock:

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

humm my memorys are;

geting dragon boots from a guy droping stuff i was the only one to follow so i got everything :D

i got hacked by my mate :@ so i started doing quest to get money... i'd just done elemenal workshop 1 and this guy gave his obby sheild for a ele sheild :D

and when i was level 41 i was killing dwafs ( lvl 11) with my friend... my computer lagged and i died :wall:

lool :D

The day summers end came out is a kind of surreal but great memory.

A few of us in Forsakenmage cc had completed the quest and were looking for more portals, then i think it was cartiaga (sorry if it was somebody else but im bad with names) Said the spirit beast is still alive. I dont think any of us believed him at first but then a few of us went to the end of the cave and were just wowed at seeing the copr beast stood there. It really was a HOLY [cabbage] moment.

A couple of us went in a few times to see how strong it was and when we saw its hits we were just speechless.

About 5-10 of us kitted up not knowing what gear to bring and trid taking it down, took us a good few tries to even damage it, then when a few more people came from the cc we tried a full kill. Took us at least half an hour to get it to 1/4 hp. Eventually killed it ages after that, seemed that last 1/4 took forever, but we eventually killed it. We must have been the first or second group to kill it in all of rs (people rumoured Di had killed it on another world around the same time).

It was just epic :shock:

Cool story :-)

I should do updates more right when they come out ...

probly being when i got my first set of full rune, was training in the stronghold of security and hit 40 attack and some guy asked att and def i told him 40 he said man, we gotta get u some rune walked to the bank and gave me my first set free

Just playing RSC was one great memory for me. When RS2 came out, I was happy, but I soon realized that RSC was amazing. But I was F2P at the time and so when RSC became members only and you had to play every so often, I soon lost access to my account.

When I met my 3 best friends on RS (Renegade Gdi, Bigexodia, and Powerlord80). Renegade Gdi got his account stolen and then made Renegade Isu and then my account got banned so I made New Henrylot after Sir Henrylot. Me and him were the last ones to play and he gets on a few times a year to hang out with me, but that is about it.

When I found an air talisman the day the RS2 Beta came out for free players and I followed it until I got to the ruins and didn't know what to do. Some guy said I needed an "insane magic level".

Getting my quest cape and woodcut cape on New Henrylot.

Also my first Tip.It Event with a massive christmas drop party in Al Kharid about the palace. I got a rune plate and barely missed someone giving away a free santa hat. And someone here showed me a green party hat in the trade menu :P That is still the item I aspire to get.

Ive got a ton... <3: Most of mine are weapon and gp memories. And the common nooby ones

I remember getting attacked by dark wizards. I died and was so sad...

Repeatedly trying to pickpocket people

Getting attacked by draynor jail guards

Lured into wildy

brought to chaos temple

got a random event

killed a random event =)

43 prayer, 60 attack, hunter level higher than combat level

I remember one time I helped a dude get to the snow hunter place. He gave me full mystic and a d long for it =).

I remember making my first 100k mining pure essence

The first thing I did as a member was train theiving... for a long time. Then I explored.

My friend said I would never get the Barrelchest anchor and that his friend died 3 times in the quest. Then I remember going on a quest rampage and getting the anchor in a couple days, no deaths. I had fun on mos' le harmless and bought some pirate clothes.

Adventuring with my sis is fun, but she takes too long to put on her "outfits"

Training with my buddies. One of them gave me a few hundred trout, which i still have.

1 of my friends I had since we were level 13. She surpassed me in level, I surpassed her in skill.

another friend of mine, one he got members, kept racing me to levels. He was first to 70 attack, I was first to get whip.. =)

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

finding a rune 2h dropped on the floor behind the big house in faldor back when it was the best weapon in the game. i just saw a red dot in that spot and went to investigate, saw the word rune and just clicked like crazy. just about beat annother guy who was coming from the opposite direction for it looked in my inventory and was like "whoooo hooooooo" <3:

i couldnt even weild it at that point and spent the next week leveling attack to 40 8-)

used to be p2p on malk if you know me from forsakenmage cc you know what im talking about but yah was mem at some time so i lured him in the range guild to the highest level rangers there he got TOTALLY PWNED and dropped 600kgp full mystic rune boots basically 1mil+ total items only got about 700k worth of them some kid came up and saw him die so we were spam clicking the ground for items i won tbh but hey since when can a fav memory not be a successful lure

OTMSigXD.png

I have three.

Getting my first mil from a (presumed) bot alcher, who died from a swarm.

Getting 70 in all melee stats (grinded for a couple weeks at experiments for that)

and getting 43 prayer (story time!)

Back in my day, there was only one pc lander, (before the update). I had been training prayer there (get points, trade them in) I hoped to get 43 prayer that day, but when I pulled up my internet (rs as homepage ftw :thumbsup: ) I saw that you had to trade in your points immediatly (so you'd be able to use the new points). I was thinking , darn, now I'll have to play another 5 games or so, just for this. So then I went, cashed in my points, and got 43 prayer from those \' .

Yay for kinda relevant stories!

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

O wistful remembrance!

Hm... some great memories for me include meeting my first long-time RS friends, Ichew and Bleed Blue. Compared to people now days, their combat and skill levels stunk... but back in those days, pre-RS2, I was awed. They were always helpful, especially Ichew. He was always willing to help me out, and to lend me the odd GP now and then.

Another memory also includes Ichew. He was the only one in-game to offer to go with me when I did Dragon Slayer for the first time (It was very different back then o.O And a lot harder.) He rooted me on the whole time from outside her cage, and was a great moral boost!

Another general memory involves suffering through some terrible RS updates and ideas... Fatigue, anyone?

But probably the second-best memories, aside from my time with Ichew, involve playing with my friends Sonia and Panda. We always went on random adventures together, claimed a house in Falador as our "base camp," and had no problem making complete fools of ourselves. Panda had a strange likeness for Diango's toys, and Sonia... well, she took to alcohol pretty nicely :D I collected 100+ beer one time and gave it to her, and she drank them all in a row, and ran around acting drunk for the next week or so...

Hm... a final memory would include when I became a member, and Ichew took me around and showed me all the places of importance. I miss him. :(

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

greatest rs memory... hmm..

1) minning ore in varrock, walking back to lumby to smelt it, walking back to varrock to smith it and sell i to the general store for a wopping 320 gp for a iron pl8

2) getting the only thing i ever got from anyone else(or found). someone droped the other half of the shield of arav in varock west bank, that had been my only unfinished quest for about 2 months and i just barely beat out 2 other people :P

3) finnaly finding tip.it after 5 months of f2p and 2 months of members

Y_Z.png

some random guy gave me a green Halloween mask. i got it not too long after rs2 came out, i never understood why that guy gave me the mask and left. back then it was about 400k if im not mistaken. quite a bit of money as i was a lv60 f2per who didnt even have 50k gp

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Got loads, but one really stands out.

Just started playing RS and I was walking around in Falador. Some random high level guy traded me, gave me like 400 monkfish and just said: happy halloween! He ran away even before I could say thanks. He probably doesn't know it helped me so much doing my first slayer tasks and quests, as the highest level fish i could catch back then was herring. -.-

Because of this nameless hero, I've been giving away free monkfish at Halloween since then - just to pass on the tradition :)

ailsa_craig.png

Like most I have more than one favorite memory.

1.) It was my 3rd or 4th day of playing - sometime in early 05 - and for some reason wandered over to the crafting guild, some guy was there and offered to make me some armor if I would get the materials for him. So he tells me go make a few bronze bars and bring them back and when I did he kindly made me a full set of bronze armor, which I thought was so cool and nice of him. I spent the next 15 or so minutes parading around in bronze armor because it was the first armor set I'd ever had.

2.) Doing Underground Pass with some guy I'd never met before, but we stuck it out with each other the couple hours it took us to finish and I had loads of fun with him. It was great to have someone right there to share the frustration of falling into all those traps, too.

3.) Getting 99 Fishing. I had a decent sized party and my best RS friend who had got 99 fishing a few months before me came along with a dozen other random people.

4.) Completing Recipe for Disaster, the most fun I've had in this game EVER. And I was so elated at finally having Barrows gloves.

Kalydil.png

Kalydil.png

-Recipient of Lesser Demon Champion Scroll

I have a top 3 <3:

#1: Logging on to W2 Fally for my first time... the start of a 10+m merching career :thumbsup:

#2: Watching an AFKer with Guthans at bandits die, somehow he dropped spear, repaired and sold w2 fally for ~5m?

#3: Watching a pure with rangers set (Robin + Rangers Boots) die from lag at TzHaar. Jumped on the pile and came out with the robin :D which was about 4m at the time ::'

EDIT: After reading the above post, I'd like to add finishing RFD on there too - lots of fun for me too :twss:

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

my fav memory was bak in da day when i was about lvl 40 and nonmem.

i had just gotten 40 def when some one said selling rune pl8 in varrock west bank.

i traded instantly and gave the dude everything i had for it (about 50k at the time lol!)

i had also forgot about the quest requirements...

i then went back to rune ess mining for money for armour and food and ect... so i could complete dragon slayer...

lets just say i was the envy of all my friends. :D

edit~ 2nd fav memory was me getting my first santa hat <3:

joer125.png

I have a bunch that I can't decide between

1. Getting 2 Dragon Spears in a row from Vyre Burning. Must be my lucky Bunny Ears :D

2. Getting Ranger Boots from a clue way back in 05

3. Getting Rune Cane in the first week it came out. (But not having enough junk to sell for any worthwhile price :cry: )

Jammy2222.png

[hide=This is LONG list]memorable ones:

saying to my friends that runescape is the stupidest thing ever, and then getting grounded that same first day because I had spent from 4-11 pm on a school night playing it.

Completing Dragon slayer

doing legends quest at level 79.

Traveling across the connecting landmass between sinclair and Freminnik Province and thinking, "Maybe I should do all of the quests so I can get as much tears as possible!"

My first 1 mill

Doing Desert treasure at lvl 83

My first p2p quest: Druidic Ritual.

Second: Ruins of Uzer (or whatever that one is called)

Owning full rune.

Getting the Guthan helm, abyssal whip, 500k, and dragon square and dragon med helm of an idiot who died in tzhaar (most likely because he botted)

Getting my first barrows item on my first ever run: dharok Plate and selling it for 1.6 mill

Being scammed out of my whip by a "friend"

Being scammed from being lured into the wild (when I thought I was NOT in the wild)

Scammed out of whip with the old "warrior ring for zerker ring" scam

Man I got scammed a lot in my pre lvl 90 days, didn't I? :wall:

My first pk (was a 1 item though :-# )

My first REAL pk (with new system: worth about 90k)

My first steps into p2p

Realizing that all of my real life friends had moved on after about 6 months of playing

Meeting the best friend I've ever had while doing monkey madness

Coming to the heart breaking point that he wouldn't come back after knowing each other for over two years (I can't keep in touch with him at all)

Getting my qp cape

Finally realizing after my friend left that everything must change and this is the life of a runescape player

I expect to make this memory:

Getting 60 as minimum lvl in all levels.

70 prayer after 9 days in pc

100 combat

full dragon

Getting A zamorak plate, a zamorak kite, and ranger boots

And finally, knowing that I am alone on my friends list in terms of friends [garden tool] have stuck by me for many years.

My runescape life is littered with many good and bad memories.

If I had to pick the best one, it would be that my friend left. That is because it slapped me in the face to wake up from that dream to realize that the world is not permanent and life will not go on forever. It may have been hard, but it's the truth and will make me a better person because of it.[/hide]

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Most definitely, my favorite memory was when my friend and I were at my computer huddling around while i was killing the green dragon from dragon slayer listening to 'heart of a champion' <3:

We were both yelling hit hit hit!@! (btw i was using some sort of bolt lol)

When it finally died we both got really excited lol, gave a few high fives and talked about it the rest of the day :thumbsup:

Another one was...

My first dragon drop. It was a Dragon med helm from fire giants, i was lvl 80 meleeing them. I had 3 other friends over, all of which played rs at the time, I was just killing them for a while then i saw this red object on the ground. ---Right Click--- Then all i remember is that i yelled very loud to my friends, "D MED!@!@@!" Everyone was like OMFG REAlly!@!????? ahhh Good times, Gooood Times \'

or3zbs.jpg

99s - Attack, Defence, Strength, Hitpoints, Prayer, Magic, Cooking,Slayer,Summoning

Proud Fire Cape Owner!

5500th to summon the amazing Unicorn!

My favorite memory is from my noob days trying to do Romeo and Juliet with my friend. We got stuck and spent many hours looking for Juliet. We ended up traversing pretty much the entire f2p world (and getting completely lost in the process). It wasn't until a few months later that I finally found where she was and finished the quest. #-o I thought "All that searching and all I get are some lousy quest points?!?!"

Kidd_Varrow.png

spacespider.png