Your favorite runescape memory.

Knitewulf

The time: 4 months ago.

The place: World 11, f2p, varrock square.

It was the most fun i'd had in ages, me and a few friends decided to head into f2p for a good old fashioned noob hunt. We had so many laughs that day, yes we spent the whole day there. At one point we managed to get a train of about 50-100 people following me while my friends shouted "Drop party! Follow black dawn80!"

After a good 20 minutes of parading my newly formed train around Varrock, we stopped inside the museum and i began to shout the countdown, then i used the cabbage teleport ::' My friends started pming me with the reactions of the parade, such a great day..

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember what level I was but a couple years back I was training on the Varrock guards by the west bank with my Addy Longsword and some guy who was lvl 20 something comes up to me and asks what my attack level is. I said 41 and he traded and gave me my first rune item, Rune Scimatar.

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

On 13th August 2005, I created Kurinin742.

On 15th August, I completed my first quest (at lvl 4, Rune Mysteries)

When I was lvl 5 I hit 200 gp. I bought a steel dagger and thought that it's the best weapon of RS.

When I was lvl 9 I went upstairs in Zaff's shop and a huge pile of cash appeared on the floor. I grabbed the money and looked at my inventory... 26k cash :shock: I surely had use for the cash! ;) However, I thought that cash can randomly appear in that place and waited like ~15 mins to see if there would be more cash, nothing appeared though :)

When I got 15 firemaking so I could burn Oaks I was really happy. Firemaking was my favourite skill back then, trained it to 56 with most other skills at 20-30.

When I hit 41 woodcutting I saw the text: "You can now use Rune axe and members can now use Dragon Axe." (The dragon axe used to be just as good as rune, and it had the same requirement too. It was later changed to chop faster and require 61 woodcutting)

When I killed my first lesser demon I was so happy... lvl 43, both my combat and wilderness level :)

I trained my defense from 20 to 30 at Moss Giants (I was around lvl 35-40 combat back then). Fun.

I completed Dragon Slayer on 17 May 2006. Lvl 47 combat increased to 50 after the quest.

ElvargtheDragon.jpg

I miss these old days :( The old interface was much better. Also I hated it when the dragons' looks were updated. I still hate that.

On 18 May 2006, I completed Prince Ali Rescue, my last free quest until Swept Away.

When I was lvl 54, I went to a PK trip, and lost nearly everything. Also in May 2006.

On 3rd November 2006, I became a member. One day later, I completed my first member quest: Gertrude's Cat. Since that day I've loved quests.

On the day Hunter was released, I trained it to 30+ and the next day to 40+. In the Feldip Hills there were hundreds of players hunting birds. It was pretty hard to tell which trap was mine :lol:

In late December 06/early January 07 I trained my attack from 40 to 60 in Pest Control. Started with a super-poisoned Bone Dagger. :lol:

If I remember right, I completed my first master quest (Monkey Madness) in July 2007. Took me two days. I collected all items myself :)

I rioted at the Duel Arena on 10th December '07. "Bring back the old duel arena!" One day later, I quitted. However, I did the christmas event.

In April '08, I came back. 3 months subscription immediately.

In summer '08 I completed Legends'.

These are the things I remember best.

Mine was yesterday actually, two good things happened.

1st, i got my first dragon drop after 6 years of playing. It was only a Dragon Spear but i was happy to finally get one.

2nd, about a year and a half ago i had a really good friend on runescape, but after i was hacked i quit. I eventually got my account back but all my friends had been deleted, but I remembered his account name and added him but never saw him come on again. Then yesterday i was killing Basilisks for slayer and a stranger comes up to me and says "Omfg Vansing do you remember (friends name)". I said yes, and unbelievably it turns out to be him. He had lost his account so thats why i never saw him on, i just can't believe that out of all the worlds and all the places we were in the same place at the same time :lol:

vansing.png

I remember fishing in Karjama in classic, f2p. Then getting members and fishing in Brimhaven. The fishing spot was southwest of the amulet seller and the fish could be sold at the bar to the north. Made for some of the fastest lobby and swordfish fishing.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Getting a chain with my friend and trading it for 2 blue phats, felt soo good getting them, shame we dont have anymore, but at the time felt great.

or trading RFH for Red phat in south ardy bank, when it was facing towards the docks, i bugged a guy at the bank for about 30 mins to trade he finally gave in love those 2 memories

getting bunny ears that day my rl sister played aswell, she was about the same level as me, i was sat by her at the pc, and the system message popped up in the middle of the screen saying, "Happy easter!" immediately the screen was filled with red dots on the minimap and ears as far as the eye could see, i saw her get them and put them on, immediately i threw her off the pc and logged in on smelly, as i clicked they were gone :( so i had to wait 30 mins for mine!!

i remember getting 76 fishing that felt good, and it was the only one with an exclamation mark at the end the other fish didnt, and they were blue in classic and looked awesome if you ask me, nothing like a shark but the clasisc inventory pictures looked better than the rs2.

now i dont seem to get much excitement out of the game, 99s are routine, and i feel bored after getting them but getting a good drop or treasure trail gives me a buzz, i usually go and spam my unlucky friends to rub salt in the wounds, i think thats what makes slayer fun.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

my favorite memory was when i met my first RS friend. False gods. he made me full iron :P it was amazing.

other than that, this has to be my best RS moments.

08-04-18183359.png

08-04-25144359.png

08-04-25145024.png

biggest profit i've ever made on anything. though the 3a robe would've gained me the same ammount, if not more if i would've kept till now, but knowing me, i would've traded it/sold it for something else by now.

When i saw a lvl 3 skiller fighting with a bear and he died. After a couple seconds i saw a huge pile of money, so i picked it up. it turned out to be 1million gp that the skiller dropped on death :lol: . though this was back in 2004 :(

ourno.png

I don't have many pictures... some of my early scapins for memorys anyways pc got formatted after classic so yeah none of those :(

Duel arena glitch, fun walking around like this.

OOBA.png

first good clue reward, sara plate.

crapagain-1.png

that chain memory, i was pming her saying "PLS LET ME TRY ON"

dragchain2.png

80range-1.png

80 range made me feel proud it was a requirement for KB so i could join.

85range.png

85 range hey, its an improvement.

talet-1.png

My first pk i had NO idea.

100-1.png

100 Combat wewt before slayer was ok at the time but i thought 110 was decent level back then, training at dags with air bstaff was gud.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Me and my friend were DKing, like 2 years back, he got a rune limb drop so I said to him.

"I want those rune limbs dude."

He replied: "Over my dead body noob -.-"

He spoke to soon, haha.

Prime spawned odd and got him with range pray on, BAM dead. Haha.

Messaged him: "Thanks for the limbs <3"

Reply: "-.- Noob"

The "-.-" was his trademark thing <3

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I've got many...

First time entering Draynor Manor to kill the vampire back when I was lvl 20 and used mithril armor :) I love that music.

Mining in Rimmington with my brother, and a random player giving him a massive ammount of gp's (HOLY HELL 1K!!!!!) and even the ultimate weapon, A STEEL WARHAMMER! I can't explain how jeallous I felt xD

And the first time being member, with 2 of my best friends irl. We 3 had gotten members on the same day and went off exploring, it was so much fun :twss:

16185_s.gif

The day they made luring legal lawlz

I remember my buddy said something along the lines of

"lotta people gonna lose money today"

NOTE: LURING is now AGAINST the rules. It was ok for about a month in 07'

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Wow I have so many really good memories back from when I used to play. I'll name a couple (although some of these are mentioned in my 'What's your RS story?' topic).

#1 - Rune 2 Hander Business - Back in 2002 I met a guy who we'll just call "Bob", since actual nameing is against rules. To make a long story short we got in good with a couple of level 99 smiths, which at the time there was only a handful unlike the hundreds/thousands there are today. This began my "legacy" of early RSC merchanting.

#2 - Party Hats, Party Hats, PARTY HATS - After the Rune 2 Hander business closed I began merchanting rares. Eventually this turned into nothing but party hats. This again was still back in RSC (mostly 2003 to be exact) and I've got tons of great memories from meeting people and being involved in the merchanting scene.

#3 - Wizzy hits 85 Mine & Smith - Wizardgir, whom I met in 2002, finally obtained his longtime goals of rune mining & rune smithing. More information of this can be found by clicking my signature (which is a link to the longer version of my RS history). He obtained 85 mining in 2003 and 85 smithing in 2004. Great times. Especially because I was there for both of them and in fact donated the last 5,000,000 gp he needed in 2004 for his final push to 85 smithing.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Ah, I have so many...

- Training at Goblins, wondering why I couldn't wear Goblin Mail's and omg he dropped bronze dagger. woot <3:

- Mining&smelting, smithing into steel longs, selling in varrock weapon store. Yay. #-o

-Fishing Lobsters in Karamja, and then selling them for 70 ea in Fish Store in Port Sarim, why I could get 200 ea.. :lol:

-Getting 80,83,85 and 90 Slayer

- Achieving Questcape

Joskeuhtje1.png

I don't know if someone has posted this yet, but it's real old; RSC old. Before there was a Runescape Members

I remember being so nooby. I use to camp under the east Varrock bank (There is a 3gp spawn) and there would be about 3-5 people battling over the spawn, making our money that way.

Same scenario, I remember battling over the GP spawn in the blocked off bear, north east of the Varrock castle; you had to get there by ladder via Varrock sewers.

I ALSO remember mining copper and tin in the southeast mines from Varrock, traveling all the way Lumbridge to smelt those ores, traveling all the way back to Varrock to smith those bars into amour, and sell it to the Varrock general store to make my money.

YES, very inefficient.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Like many others it was when I first logged onto a members world. I sat there for a good 30 minutes just theiving from men and women in Lumbridge. Once I lvled a bit I found my way around and ended in Ardougne. I was amazed by Taverly and Camelot on the way. When I reached Ardougne I spent a while just taking free cakes and exploring. It was a great first day.

Another great memory was a Dragon Medium Helm I got from a drop party. My first drop ever.

My last favourite memory was grinding 15 range levels (55-70) so that I could go to GWD Aviansies. When I finally got 70 I was so proud and happy.

I really treasure every memory, they all build up to make who I am in RS.

My favorite was back when dragon chains were around 30m +. My friend who got very rich told me to KQ, I brought my set of Veracs (I had like 5gp left lol) and we went on our way. We were noobs but we were able to take down the KQ, and we got the dragon chain. Back in the day, this chain was seen as godly, and we sold it for 34m. We split the cash and got 17m each, man that was awesome. I remember making my first 20m!

Another was when I first became member, boy was that fun!

What I remember most of all was waaaaaaay back in the day in what I thought of as deep wilderness I would pick up chaos runes for a little while then run back to varrock to sell for like 1k :lol:

but my favorite moment was when i first became members, i walked up to that giant wall that keeps f2p players out and opened the door and walked through...

Rejected.jpg