02-February-2009 Behind The Scenes - February

Toad

Have you ever cashed in a Slayer point for exp? I know its pointless me asking because you will say you never have even if you have to make a point. But just putting it out there that its another way to get Slayer exp other than killing monsters.

I have not. Why? Cashing in your points for runes is a great way to fund using piety and a cannon on all of your tasks. The slayer experience is costly, and for just 10k, my hard work is better spent elsewhere.

So, again, no I have not spent any of my points on the experience. Like most people, I unlocked the Helm, ring, and bolts/arrows first. I spend all of my points when I get to about 150-200.

EDIT: To comment on your post above, you slay monsters to accumulate those points, and that experience reward comes at a hefty price. You are still slaying for that experience.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, why don't we just wait and see how it turns out? Keeping up Jagex's minigame score, I highly doubt this will completely revolutionarise slayer.

I'm 99 slayer, 95% of that gotten even before Smoking Kills, and if the new minigame turns out to be an extra way to train a bit, I'm all yay for that. If it makes slayer a bit more fun and appealing to more players: all yay too. If it turns out to be the PP/original PC to slayer: not so yay though. I hope the skills stays balanced, but it seems that Jagex has every intention of keeping it so, so I don't see what the fuss is about. All skills change throughout the years.

Now, why don't we just wait and see how it turns out? Keeping up Jagex's minigame score, I highly doubt this will completely revolutionarise slayer.

I'm 99 slayer, 95% of that gotten even before Smoking Kills, and if the new minigame turns out to be an extra way to train a bit, I'm all yay for that. If it makes slayer a bit more fun and appealing to more players: all yay too. If it turns out to be the PP/original PC to slayer: not so yay though. I hope the skills stays balanced, but it seems that Jagex has every intention of keeping it so, so I don't see what the fuss is about. All skills change throughout the years.

I agree. I'm positive that this isn't going to kill Slayer, and that the fastest way to gain Slayer experience will still be through tasks. I'm very curious to see the rewards at this point.

dgs5.jpg

Are there any visual updates? because its been a while since they did any

None in February. However, if you check the RSOF after an update in the Recent Updates forum, they list the "Patch Notes" which usually includes small graphical changes.

I'm sure a "visual upgrade" is due for some area soon, though. It is upgrade year, after all. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

None in February. However, if you check the RSOF after an update in the Recent Updates forum, they list the "Patch Notes" which usually includes small graphical changes.

I'm sure a "visual upgrade" is due for some area soon, though. It is upgrade year, after all. :)

I doubt they will do any visual upgrades in the near future, not after RSHD.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

I doubt they will do any visual upgrades in the near future, not after RSHD.

Maybe they will update the fairies when they release Fairytale 3.

priest_wiz.png

Have you ever cashed in a Slayer point for exp? I know its pointless me asking because you will say you never have even if you have to make a point. But just putting it out there that its another way to get Slayer exp other than killing monsters.

You can only get small bits of slayer xp without fighting monsters. Swapping points for xp is very expensive and books/lamps are very random, and give low xp.

My point thought is that they exist. You also get experience lamps in quests and diaries which amount to several hundred thousands of free exp. If you are going to be elitist about slayer only being able to be trainined in the regular way then u need to ban those other methods too. And it aint gonna happen.

There's a difference between small one-time exp gives and a pest-control style minigame that can be camped at for as long as desired to farm exp.

For me the essence of slayer is that it requires mobility in moving between tasks and versatility in killing many different monsters, as opposed to getting out your camping gear and staying in the same spot forever, which is what this minigame as described would amount to.

Of course change and improvement to the game is inevitable, but there are more ways to "improve" a game than increasing xp/hour, no matter how much you want to be able to max a skill you don't like in 20 hours of playing.

You can only get small bits of slayer xp without fighting monsters. Swapping points for xp is very expensive and books/lamps are very random, and give low xp.

My point thought is that they exist. You also get experience lamps in quests and diaries which amount to several hundred thousands of free exp. If you are going to be elitist about slayer only being able to be trainined in the regular way then u need to ban those other methods too. And it aint gonna happen.

There's a difference between small one-time exp gives and a pest-control style minigame that can be camped at for as long as desired to farm exp.

For me the essence of slayer is that it requires mobility in moving between tasks and versatility in killing many different monsters, as opposed to getting out your camping gear and staying in the same spot forever, which is what this minigame as described would amount to.

Of course change and improvement to the game is inevitable, but there are more ways to "improve" a game than increasing xp/hour, no matter how much you want to be able to max a skill you don't like in 20 hours of playing.

I'd say: wait for the game to come out.

priest_wiz.png

150th quest- i could care less

no randoms or less- ftw

slayer mini game- meh i like it the way it is

pc update- this better be the last time i hear people spamming "pc pc pc pc pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

quest interface - seems ok i guess do the same with organizing friends list and you have my vote

mobilizing armies- seems ok please by f2p and p2p

thats it

OTMSigXD.png

If it was just improving xp/hour, they wouldn't bother with a minigame--they could just double the slayer xp gained from each kill.

There's a big difference between playing a minigame and "staying in one spot forever." How many minigames let you play them without moving around? Castle Wars, Stealing Creation, Barrows, Clan Wars, and Pest Control all revolve around moving from one place to another. You can't very well win at Castle Wars if nobody on your team bothers to leave your castle to get the enemy flag. If PvP combat and tactics are a significant part of SW, it's likely it will require more skill and more effort than traditional slayer.

Okay, I don't know how the minigame is going to work, but neither do you, so my guess is as good as yours, no? We do know, however, that it will have slayer monsters in it. That seems good enough for me to consider it worthy of giving slayer experience rewards.

Wait, if ents will be gone than that means broken axes will be too?

Some random events will be removed from the game. Poison-gas chests, smoking rocks, broken pickaxes and ents will become things of the past

Yes.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I've already bought up a few for potential rares. There's no definate that they would become rares BUT in a few years 50 broken axes could be like goldmine. :thumbsup:

There's no way that Jagex would let that happen.

dgs5.jpg

I've already bought up a few for potential rares. There's no definate that they would become rares BUT in a few years 50 broken axes could be like goldmine. :thumbsup:

There's no way that Jagex would let that happen.

I know :( But I'll dream. :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

We already know it's not going to happen because they did the same thing with axe heads. It didn't happen then, and it won't happen now. Jagex isn't that stupid. :roll:

We already know it's not going to happen because they did the same thing with axe heads. It didn't happen then, and it won't happen now. Jagex isn't that stupid. :roll:

What happened to the axe heads back then?

priest_wiz.png

[hide=]

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on this.

This is just to assure you that we have taken the concerns that are voiced in this thread seriously in the development of this minigame.

Soul Wars will not be a faster way of levelling slayer and if you seek the fastest way to level you will not be playing Soul Wars much.

But if you want to combine steady progress in slayer with a minigame that we think is very much fun, then Soul Wars is your choice!

I hope this puts your concerns to rest and you are still looking forward to the update.

Mod Fetzki

Please tell me what is the QFC and the page for this post because I can not find it.

Edit: Quick find code: 16-17-521-58330053 Page 8 Post 3 :)

You guys can shut up about slayer. Seriously I doubt this minigame would give good exp and if it did it would be nerfed just like pest control, but faster since they have already learned of their mistake and they respond to gamer feedback much quicker about content. Just look at the penguin bannings. Jagex is getting more responsive to the players and I love it :thumbsup: . Also they pay special attention to their high levels, they even made a forum just for people with maxed total. I'm sure a lot of people there would complain A LOT if slayer was nerfed.

Soul Wars looks like a good minigame, hopefully there is some real depth to it like Castle Wars. Random event update was due, and the frog tokens finally have a use (although I hope the event happens more because I never get them :P ). I don't know if I like the fact that because I am a higher skill total I won't get nearly as much randoms, especially with the new enticing rewards such as those random gift boxes. At least I think higher skill total=less randoms, they just said it was somehow dependent on skill total. Quest list update is just another quick interface update, hopefully they don't pass it off as an update for a whole week :roll: . Price check is a quick update but great. Evil tree...I hope it's worth it at least, and doesn't take so much time like the Phoenix one. Seriously, that one needs better exp for the time that you use.

All in all, I just hope Soul Wars is good, because it's the only real update for the month. I mean, I like the little things that Jagex updates but they are passing them off as something big.....

Just seems like it's a huge pain for them to update RuneScape or something :?

[/hide]

I don't know why you guys are still talking about the ruined Slayer/Summoning exp argument, when a Jmod posted that the development team has taken this into serious consideration. I'm sure it will be a mediocre way of training slayer, but will be a fun minigame.

Also, a system update which led to a post by Mod Emilee largely hinting at a huge update next week, like Soul Wars. :P

Quick find code: 15-16-127-58343569 Last Post

[hide=]
Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on this.

This is just to assure you that we have taken the concerns that are voiced in this thread seriously in the development of this minigame.

Soul Wars will not be a faster way of levelling slayer and if you seek the fastest way to level you will not be playing Soul Wars much.

But if you want to combine steady progress in slayer with a minigame that we think is very much fun, then Soul Wars is your choice!

I hope this puts your concerns to rest and you are still looking forward to the update.

Mod Fetzki

Please tell me what is the QFC and the page for this post because I can not find it.

Edit: Quick find code: 16-17-521-58330053 Page 8 Post 3 :)

You guys can shut up about slayer. Seriously I doubt this minigame would give good exp and if it did it would be nerfed just like pest control, but faster since they have already learned of their mistake and they respond to gamer feedback much quicker about content. Just look at the penguin bannings. Jagex is getting more responsive to the players and I love it :thumbsup: . Also they pay special attention to their high levels, they even made a forum just for people with maxed total. I'm sure a lot of people there would complain A LOT if slayer was nerfed.

Soul Wars looks like a good minigame, hopefully there is some real depth to it like Castle Wars. Random event update was due, and the frog tokens finally have a use (although I hope the event happens more because I never get them :P ). I don't know if I like the fact that because I am a higher skill total I won't get nearly as much randoms, especially with the new enticing rewards such as those random gift boxes. At least I think higher skill total=less randoms, they just said it was somehow dependent on skill total. Quest list update is just another quick interface update, hopefully they don't pass it off as an update for a whole week :roll: . Price check is a quick update but great. Evil tree...I hope it's worth it at least, and doesn't take so much time like the Phoenix one. Seriously, that one needs better exp for the time that you use.

All in all, I just hope Soul Wars is good, because it's the only real update for the month. I mean, I like the little things that Jagex updates but they are passing them off as something big.....

Just seems like it's a huge pain for them to update RuneScape or something :?

[/hide]

I don't know why you guys are still talking about the ruined Slayer/Summoning exp argument, when a Jmod posted that the development team has taken this into serious consideration. I'm sure it will be a mediocre way of training slayer, but will be a fun minigame.

Also, a system update which led to a post by Mod Emilee largely hinting at a huge update next week, like Soul Wars. :P

Ah! I was looking for such a post. Thanks a lot.

priest_wiz.png

Does it explain why there wasn't an update this week? Because now they have four to do and only three weeks to release them.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Does it explain why there wasn't an update this week? Because now they have four to do and only three weeks to release them.

No.

priest_wiz.png