02-February-2009 Behind The Scenes - February

Toad

Random event & price check updates: fewer annoyances for me = :thumbup: .

Quest list: meh. Not useful to me as I've already finished them all, but might be nice for those with a few left.

Soul Wars: could be good. I doubt it'll nerf slayer, and it might be fun.

Evil Tree: also could be good. I hope it's more like star hunting and less like a daily chore.

No quest: :cry: . I didn't expect anything major right after WGS, but two months without a real quest (In Pyre Need took five minutes. That hardly counts.) feels long. #150 better be good!

It will be, its gonna be the largest quest so far. I bet its gonna be awesome, and i actually like the fact we have no quest this month, it just shows they didn't throw a BS one together real fast but instead are concentrating all efforts on #150.

cool_sig1.jpg

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for that random event update. :)

I think I will try to get doubles of all sets when it comes.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I hope Soul Wars will be one of these "We're updating useless areas" updates.

I like the idea for random events. I can't wait for the first one to glitch out and spawn for someone every second until they log out out of frustration.

Soul Wars: I'm not big on minigames, but I'll check it out. If there are clothing rewards, I'll probably do it a few times. I still have to do Stealing Creation.

Random Event: I prefer this to just removing them and moving on. I like the new system, I'm trying to make a hitpoints pure, so the idea of genie lamps from randoms.

Price Check: OH MY GOD, I LOVE WHOEVER DECIDED TO APPROVE THIS.

Interface: Again, quest cape on my main, but skiller :thumbsup:

Evil Tree: I'll have to see this. Twice a day? Finally a D&D that I don't forget because I can only do it once a week. Other than the mining one, but that's a pain in the [wagon].

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I didn't spend a year getting 85 slayer to sell whips for 50k, thanks. Let's not ruin one of the very few remaining respected skills after SC came out.

Look, it's another Chicken Little! Better watch out, that sky is falling fast, huh! ;D

I don't think 99 crafting or 99 smithing is any less respectable since the release of SC. So where'd you get that little nugget of wisdom?

said the girl/woman with 79 slayer.

Oh no, she doesn't have x-level! She must not have any common sense! Or any sort of logical reasoning! Or any friends with high levels! Shun her!!! SHUUUUNNNNNNNNN. :roll: A Jagex Moderator has already stated that it'll be SLOWER exp than current methods, so this isn't really an issue.

Back on topic...There's still time for Jagex to perfect this Price Check thing. Though, someone help me here. Lots of my friends are reading this update and going, "Wow! This will pricecheck my whole bank! This is awesome!" Buuuuuutt....I'm not getting that from that paragraph. It's only your inventory, including stacks, right? Just want to make sure my reading comprehension hasn't regressed, here. ;D

hzvjpwS.gif

Bawwww shame the future minigame wont speed up Slayer, now I cant act like the rest of the Slayer elitists here :thumbdown: I guess I wouldn't fit in anyway, I'd have other good stats except Slay.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

And I bet that more then 50% of the so called "slayer elitist" that posted here will use the mini-game even if it gives more exp then the normal training (I know it wont , it was a hypothetical example). They cry about it , the "thing" is released in the game , they cry a little more (some of them skip that part) , they use it and say its the best thing ever happened to the game ... and so on and so on.

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on this.

This is just to assure you that we have taken the concerns that are voiced in this thread seriously in the development of this minigame.

Soul Wars will not be a faster way of levelling slayer and if you seek the fastest way to level you will not be playing Soul Wars much.

But if you want to combine steady progress in slayer with a minigame that we think is very much fun, then Soul Wars is your choice!

I hope this puts your concerns to rest and you are still looking forward to the update.

Mod Fetzki

Please tell me what is the QFC and the page for this post because I can not find it.

Edit: Quick find code: 16-17-521-58330053 Page 8 Post 3 :)

You guys can shut up about slayer. Seriously I doubt this minigame would give good exp and if it did it would be nerfed just like pest control, but faster since they have already learned of their mistake and they respond to gamer feedback much quicker about content. Just look at the penguin bannings. Jagex is getting more responsive to the players and I love it :thumbsup: . Also they pay special attention to their high levels, they even made a forum just for people with maxed total. I'm sure a lot of people there would complain A LOT if slayer was nerfed.

Soul Wars looks like a good minigame, hopefully there is some real depth to it like Castle Wars. Random event update was due, and the frog tokens finally have a use (although I hope the event happens more because I never get them :P ). I don't know if I like the fact that because I am a higher skill total I won't get nearly as much randoms, especially with the new enticing rewards such as those random gift boxes. At least I think higher skill total=less randoms, they just said it was somehow dependent on skill total. Quest list update is just another quick interface update, hopefully they don't pass it off as an update for a whole week :roll: . Price check is a quick update but great. Evil tree...I hope it's worth it at least, and doesn't take so much time like the Phoenix one. Seriously, that one needs better exp for the time that you use.

All in all, I just hope Soul Wars is good, because it's the only real update for the month. I mean, I like the little things that Jagex updates but they are passing them off as something big.....

Just seems like it's a huge pain for them to update RuneScape or something :?

And I bet that more then 50% of the so called "slayer elitist" that posted here will use the mini-game even if it gives more exp then the normal training (I know it wont , it was a hypothetical example). They cry about it , the "thing" is released in the game , they cry a little more (some of them skip that part) , they use it and say its the best thing ever happened to the game ... and so on and so on.

I agree lol

The only reason i train slayer is when im training combat, i feel stupif if i train cmb without slayer knwoing i can get that extra exp, if i want to train slayer i'll do the minigame (if its good) when i train cmb ill do the now way.

Anyway, lets just see what its like first eh.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

well i love minigames, and i love chosing my rewards so thats good.... but why do i really need to sort a quest list full of green? seems like they are helping those that like quests the most the least. how about putting that dev. time toward the 150th? :wall:

Y_Z.png

well i love minigames, and i love chosing my rewards so thats good.... but why do i really need to sort a quest list full of green? seems like they are helping those that like quests the most the least. how about putting that dev. time toward the 150th? :wall:

I don't think the team developing the quests and the one doing those updates have anything in comon. In other words they can do as much as they want (I mean - "repearing" randoms , making mini games etc.) without delaying the quests because ... well ain't obvius - the people working on the 2 projects aren't the same thus - no delay.

I don't think the team developing the quests and the one doing those updates have anything in comon. In other words they can do as much as they want (I mean - "repearing" randoms , making mini games etc.) without delaying the quests because ... well ain't obvius - the people working on the 2 projects aren't the same thus - no delay.

takes 3 ppl of organizing project and adds them to quest project=faster quest releases

Y_Z.png

Random events being updated? Looks like my prediction came true.

Upgrade Year is FTW :thumbup:

Oh please... when does Jagex stop creating minigames? Seriously, produce real content instead of silly little random games. There are a gazillion of them already. Make it stop. Please.

Other than that: Good month.

Oh please... when does Jagex stop creating minigames? Seriously, produce real content instead of silly little random games. There are a gazillion of them already. Make it stop. Please.

If you don't like them, don't play them... there is still plenty of better things coming out as well, and this new minigame sounds fun...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

If you don't like them, don't play them... there is still plenty of better things coming out as well, and this new minigame sounds fun...

Worthless argument. I'm complaining about the focus Jagex has on minigames. I'd like the focus to be shifted on to other, useful, game related content. I'm not complaining about being forced to play them.

Yes they do seem a little pointless at times, and I think I would prefer bigger updates as well.

But this is a game after all, and I often find myself playing these minigames simply because they are fun.

Not sure how I feel about the slayer minigame, but I've been begging for min-slayer monsters as pets ever since summoning came out! I hope they do with this new minigame. :pray:

Edit:So glad that Soul Wars won't be a good way to train slayer. You may call me a "slayer elitist" but I don't really care. I worked hard for my level, and it's maybe the one thing on this account I'm really proud of.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Worthless argument. I'm complaining about the focus Jagex has on minigames. I'd like the focus to be shifted on to other, useful, game related content. I'm not complaining about being forced to play them.

define your useful game related content and compare it to probably 1 million other members and see if they'll agree with you. some people prefer minigames, personally i don't either, but if jagex is going to decide on improving them, then you don't have no right to complain because they're the developers.

if you don't like the updates, simply ignore them and stay patient.. because whining like some pompous 3 year old isn't going to change anything.

define your useful game related content and compare it to probably 1 million other members and see if they'll agree with you. some people prefer minigames, personally i don't either, but if jagex is going to decide on improving them, then you don't have no right to complain because they're the developers.

I do not care about the ammount of people that will agree with me. I was simply stating my opinion.

if you don't like the updates, simply ignore them and stay patient.. because whining like some pompous 3 year old isn't going to change anything.

Excuse me? I'm just giving my opinion, like anyone else. This post says more about you.

If you don't agree, that's fine. But grown up people discuss based on arguments, and not calling names. Might want to remember that.

Yes they do seem a little pointless at times, and I think I would prefer bigger updates as well.

But this is a game after all, and I often find myself playing these minigames simply because they are fun.

Well true, not saying minigames are bad in general. I just feel that we have more than enough now. I already thought we'd have enough before SC came out, and now Jagex is releasing even more. Would be nice if they shifted the focus on other content, that actually fits in the whole Runescape world, instead of making (semi)secluded game areas where you can play some sort of minigame.

If they continue this way we'll end up with a crapload of minigames, which will be abandonded after a small while. Especially the ones that give crappy rewards. There are already some minigames that are barely played.

Well true, not saying minigames are bad in general. I just feel that we have more than enough now. I already thought we'd have enough before SC came out, and now Jagex is releasing even more. Would be nice if they shifted the focus on other content, that actually fits in the whole Runescape world, instead of making (semi)secluded game areas where you can play some sort of minigame.

If they continue this way we'll end up with a crapload of minigames, which will be abandonded after a small while. Especially the ones that give crappy rewards. There are already some minigames that are barely played.

This I agree with. I mean just look at the Tip.It page for minigames. Who actually plays Gnome Delivery? Chompy Hunting? Temple building? Rouge's Den? GNOMEBALL?!?! Half of those minigames are a joke already.

Although on the brighter side, the newer minigames are much more fun and rewarding than their predecessors. For example, the Great Orb Project, Distractions and Diversions, and Stealing Creation. Still, I'd rather see Jagex find uses for forgotten parts of skills, like kebbit hunting and the like.

I think its more of a hit-miss tactic. Jagex make mini games and basically play battleship with their players.

They never know if a new game might be as popular as castle wars, or as popular as the games room. So they hit and miss on games to get a feel for what players like and if a game doesn't work out, at least its a better area filler than a field of grass.

I don't think that there are to many mini games, I think there are to many combat mini games. I am all for better skill ones like trouble brewing. TB is fun, just requires so many quests to get to it limits the players. Also single player mini games can never be to numerous, like barrows. Single Player mini games go on regardless if 1 person likes it or 100,000. I would like to see more of those too and not so much on the teamwork ones we have plenty of.

As for mobilizing armies, I hope it goes in the games room to at least liven that place up. They have the whole upstairs in that place they could use as a waiting room for the game.

dawnsigblue-3.png