02-February-2009 Behind The Scenes - February

Toad

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jagex pretty much looks at their game like Micheal Jackson looks at his face.

They try so hard to constantly improve it, fix it, and make it better that they soon are left with something that barely resembles what it is they started out with.

-edit- Maybe I should suscribe to the tried and true Tip.it method of posting of quoting 30 other people's posts and adding a :P at the end?

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Looks like people with high slayer levels are thinking the worst of the minigame, and people with low slayer levels are hoping it's the next PC.

As for me, I have a pretty low slayer level, but I hope it won't give loads of slayer exp. Only small amounts and that the minigame isn't easy to do.

priest_wiz.png

I will personally fly to Jagex HQ if Slayer is ruined.

No you won't. :P

But seriously, I don't think we should worry about massive exp rewards for Slayer being released, Jagex aren't stupid enough to do that imo. As far as I'm aware, the last minigame that increased the amount of exp/hour significantly was Pest Control. ;)

DO NOT DOUBT ME.

But, I do agree. I'm a little worried, but I can't imagine that Jagex would ever do that. I think if anything, it'll be a way to train Slayer safely, but for significantly reduced experience.

even that would be bad :shame:

Oh ppffftt. Now listen, all you naysayers. Did you have a freak-fest when Sumona's rewards after Smoking Kills allowed players to cash in for Slayer EXP? No. (Or if you did, you REALLY didn't understand how the system worked.)

Chances are you'll be able to obtain SOME slay exp OR other rewards--which will probably be more useful than some cruddy 3k slayer EXP for 20min worth of work.

Yeesh.

hzvjpwS.gif

Pest control for Slayer and Summoning.

Thank you, Jagex.

This year is already looking alot better than last year. :)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Soul Wars -- yes pl0x! :thumbup: Me loves minigames <3:

Random update -- thank you, thank you, thank you, JaGEx! <3:

Price check -- awesome, this has been needed since the trade limits came. :thumbup:

Quest list filter -- not really something I'll probably be using, but I can see this being useful.

Evil Tree -- more D&D's? :shock:

Future Content: Mobilising Armies -- not really excited about this one.

Looks like people with high slayer levels are thinking the worst of the minigame, and people with low slayer levels are hoping it's the next PC.

As for me, I have a pretty low slayer level, but I hope it won't give loads of slayer exp. Only small amounts and that the minigame isn't easy to do.

I have no problem with it giving a decent amount of Slayer XP... as long as it's so difficult that every single newby can't just skip the KB article and the tutorial and jump in for phr33 XP pl0x.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

But seriously, I don't think we should worry about massive exp rewards for Slayer being released, Jagex aren't stupid enough to do that imo. As far as I'm aware, the last minigame that increased the amount of exp/hour significantly was Pest Control. ;)

DO NOT DOUBT ME.

But, I do agree. I'm a little worried, but I can't imagine that Jagex would ever do that. I think if anything, it'll be a way to train Slayer safely, but for significantly reduced experience.

Oh ppffftt. Now listen, all you naysayers. Did you have a freak-fest when Sumona's rewards after Smoking Kills allowed players to cash in for Slayer EXP? No. (Or if you did, you REALLY didn't understand how the system worked.)

Chances are you'll be able to obtain SOME slay exp OR other rewards--which will probably be more useful than some cruddy 3k slayer EXP for 20min worth of work.

Yeesh.

Well, actually, 9k per hour is fairly good slayer exp depending on the situation. They had better not even give ANY slay exp.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

DO NOT DOUBT ME.

Yeesh.

oh ppffft you need to do tasks for the points!

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

new minigame looks interesting...reference to 'soul' obelisk = soul runecrafting in weeks to come?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

oh ppffft you need to do tasks for the points!

Yet otherwise it's free exp yes? You certainly didn't EARN it (edit: DIRECTLY earn it), so from whence does the exp come from?

Just saying, we've got a bunch of 99 Slaying Chicken Littles running around with their heads chopped off, crying about the sky and who knows what else.

hzvjpwS.gif

Hmm, new mini game looks good, I don't want slayer to be nerfed though if they put rewards for slayer XP, slayer will be most likely PC-able or something >_>, hope rewards go to armor and stuff.

The removal of randoms and new rewards is something amazing, charm rewards :P, not some random 40 coin drop :/

The only thing that I hate besides the possibility of slayer being nerfed is that we get no quests, hope 150th quest is really amazing and makes this up

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Yeesh.

Well, actually, 9k per hour is fairly good slayer exp depending on the situation. They had better not even give ANY slay exp.

They had better not? It's a Slayer based minigame, it will almost certainly give Slayer xp whether you want it to or not. How much it's going to give is the real question. As for how much, I was thinking around the same as ninane thought, or maybe a 30m game for 4k xp, won't really know until it's released though. I am looking foward to seeing what kind of item rewards the minigame could give though, something giving +range or +mage damage on monsters while on slayer tasks (not unlike black mask) would be pretty nice.

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Yeesh.

They had better not? It's a Slayer based minigame, it will almost certainly give Slayer xp whether you want it to or not. How much it's going to give is the real question. As for how much, I was thinking around the same as ninane thought, or maybe a 30m game for 4k xp, won't really know until it's released though. I am looking foward to seeing what kind of item rewards the minigame could give though, something giving +range or +mage damage on monsters while on slayer tasks (not unlike black mask) would be pretty nice.

Hmm, that would balance slayer for those who want to mage/range :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

new minigame looks interesting...reference to 'soul' obelisk = soul runecrafting in weeks to come?

Very doubtful. Even though they took it back, every rune altar since law came as a result of completing a quest and not from playing a minigame.

And as soul is the highest lvl rune to craft, will probably come after a very difficult quest.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Hmmm, I guess the random thing will be good. I'm going to miss getting all my maze events (I get one about 1 in 3 when doing combat. Oh well, there either going to destroy the maze rewards (or the event itself) or bring all the other events up to par (130k-200k for every random? \' ) anyways.

The Maze reward isn't due to change at all. I think it'll be the only event that DOESN'T give you the gift box described in the newspost.

:P

Thanks for Finding that. Thats just totaly awsome :thumbsup:

Though I wouldn't have complained if the rewards from all events were on par with teh maze, but that woudl probably change the prices of a few things and the proffit would go down. I won't get them so much, but they'll be all the more exciting when I do get one :mrgreen:

DO NOT DOUBT ME.

Yeesh.

If the experience is anything similar to the slayer point experience, I'll be a happy man. Only a fool would spend their points on that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

hrm.. quite alot of upgrades this month. not really sure about the frequency of randoms according to total levels. i actually like randoms, gems & xp are cool.

kinda sad there's no quest this month. itchy for no.150. =)

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on this.

This is just to assure you that we have taken the concerns that are voiced in this thread seriously in the development of this minigame.

Soul Wars will not be a faster way of levelling slayer and if you seek the fastest way to level you will not be playing Soul Wars much.

But if you want to combine steady progress in slayer with a minigame that we think is very much fun, then Soul Wars is your choice!

I hope this puts your concerns to rest and you are still looking forward to the update.

Mod Fetzki

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on this.

This is just to assure you that we have taken the concerns that are voiced in this thread seriously in the development of this minigame.

Soul Wars will not be a faster way of levelling slayer and if you seek the fastest way to level you will not be playing Soul Wars much.

But if you want to combine steady progress in slayer with a minigame that we think is very much fun, then Soul Wars is your choice!

I hope this puts your concerns to rest and you are still looking forward to the update.

Mod Fetzki

You just beat me to it lol

Anyone remember hearing what happened to that random that was gonna be a wondering gnome? I think they were going to call him Sebastian Gno perhaps?

The Travelocity ads took him first, sorry.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Bleh.

Quest list.. Honestly.. who cares :roll:

The one I'm excited about is the price check feature, no more standing around the GE waiting for a simple price check.

Randoms will be nicer now that you can choose your reward, although when they say charms, I'm wondering if its just 2-3 gold charms or actually a decent reward.

100111011101.png

5417.png

No quest, Bad Times :thumbdown:

Fixing Randoms, Good times :thumbup:

The best thing this month for me seems to be the fact Jagex have actually fixed randoms. They didn't just sweep them under the rug and delete them, or just forget they made a promise to fix them, they actually changed them to the extent that they have a use within the game, and listened to player feed back.

I probably wont even get that much enjoyment out of the new randoms system but I think its just great to see Jagex doing something constructive with the problem.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.