02-February-2009 Behind The Scenes - February

Toad

the new minigame better not give slayer exp :shame: :shame:
Why not? People are so elitist about slayer its sad.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they have better rewards.

I don't even care if the best you can get is about 10k, it'd still be better than 4 minutes for 20gp.

The maze is one of the few randoms now that gives decent rewards.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Get 99 slayer the current way then come back and say that :\

Tough. What about everyone who got 99 cooking before cook-x and the rogue's den? Clicking each raw food, one at a time, and clicking on the fire?

Thieving before pyramid plunder and the sorceress's garden, stealing 2 clicks at a time and eating plenty of food?

Skills change. Old skills become easier and easier as time goes. Deal with it.

Well the slayer update is concerning but I think/hope they learnt their lesson about creating new pc's.

Random event update is nice. I prefer they kept the drunken dwarf in though as an actual event.

Price check is awesome. Mainly because people wont keep asking me and depending how it works - I can use it on random items during slayer that I never remember if worth keeping or not.

Quest list isnt useful for me but a useful update.

Evil tree I dont know until I done it.

No quest?

Well that's better for my pocket: means I safe ~5 euros this month :).. (I only play rs for quests nowadays)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Mobilising Armies: Coming November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 August 2009 Eventually.

Where'd August 2009 come from?

Oh we all know it's coming. However it looks like Jagex has stuck to this minigame longer than some other minigames they said they'd release but eventually decided not to.

Also. No more "pc plz" ftw! I had to ignore several people because they'd just get on my nerves constantly spamming for price checks.

I didn't spend a year getting 85 slayer to sell whips for 50k, thanks. Let's not ruin one of the very few remaining respected skills after SC came out.

Even with Slayer being EXTREMELY hard to level, prices are so low that there are better cash cows in the game.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on this.

This is just to assure you that we have taken the concerns that are voiced in this thread seriously in the development of this minigame.

Soul Wars will not be a faster way of levelling slayer and if you seek the fastest way to level you will not be playing Soul Wars much.

But if you want to combine steady progress in slayer with a minigame that we think is very much fun, then Soul Wars is your choice!

I hope this puts your concerns to rest and you are still looking forward to the update.

Mod Fetzki

You just beat me to it lol

Thank you very much jagex.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

So like I said, I'll chill in the freezer next to Disney and someone wake me when they finish streamlining the game and go back to more interesting stuff.

Can you just shut the hell up? Please? I don't need to hear every little freaking thing on your mind. Every other freaking post. Sum it up into 1 post jesus.

Anyways I am psyched about the slayer minigame I kinda get tired of repetitive tasks so this will be a nice break.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

I didn't spend a year getting 85 slayer to sell whips for 50k, thanks. Let's not ruin one of the very few remaining respected skills after SC came out.

Look, it's another Chicken Little! Better watch out, that sky is falling fast, huh! ;D

I don't think 99 crafting or 99 smithing is any less respectable since the release of SC. So where'd you get that little nugget of wisdom?

hzvjpwS.gif

Look, it's another Chicken Little! Better watch out, that sky is falling fast, huh! ;D

I don't think 99 crafting or 99 smithing is any less respectable since the release of SC. So where'd you get that little nugget of wisdom?

said the girl/woman with 79 slayer.

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

good looking month to me.

Liking the sounds better random rewards, but i dont like the sound of getting less, if they have good rewards now i wont get any :cry:

The minigame sounds good, i hope its more rounded than their recent minigames, and has a teleport (VERY IMPORTANT). Hope no glitches either this time, and they compared it to cw, not sure how they are comparing it, so we shall have to see.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

To everyone crying that they better not make slayer even 1% easier...here's a list for you:

- Black masks

- Changing tasks

- Sumona (points, slayer helm, removing tasks)

- Lunar magic

- Summoning familiars

- Godswords

- Barrows items

Now unless you train slayer without all of those, you're not very credible when you say they "better not make slayer easier".

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

So can you explain why SC would have made skills "less respectable"?

I fail to see a connection.

priest_wiz.png

This month looks nice but there is no new quest -.- so meh...

I hope we get new items as a reward from the minigame.

Btw, what happened with the Postbag from the Hedge and Player´s gallery of January?

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

So can you explain why SC would have made skills "less respectable"?

I fail to see a connection.

i didn't say that....

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Personally I do not care about slayer one way or another. Just like every other skill, the only thing required for slayer is time. Just because it has slow xp rates, does not mean that it deserves more respect. Or are we saying the diligence deserves respect? If that is the case why not fletch to 99 with willows, or smtih with bronze knives, or hunt tropical wagtails? Time spent, to me, does not deserve any respect simply because it is time spent. If slayer actualy took skill to level, then sure it would be worthy of respect but again just because you leveled a skill that took 27 years, you do not deserve any more respect than a player that leveled crafting by spinning bowstrings.

Do not get me wrong I go through periods where I enjoy slayer. If I am training combat I ONLY do it through slayer as you would be a fool not to level 3+ skills at the same time (slayer, hitpoints, combat of choice). I just really fail to see the allure that 99 slayer has. A friend of mine recently out slayed someone who turned in the While Guthix Sleeps reward for the competition. Now that deserves respect out of the sheer impressiveness and drive that went into it. His 95+ slayer does not.

So to me I do not care either way on the slayer minigame though it is quite obvious that it will not be better than normal slaying.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Removal of random events...I cant believe its finally coming.

I swear to you, the Mysterious old Man is trying to bug me as much as he can before he gets removed. I am cooking in front of edgeville bank, and I swear (no hype) he came once every 3 inventory fulls of lobsters. I couldn't believe it! its so obnoxious.

Other news, new slayer monster? new slayer drops? mid-high 70's please? :lol:

pixelsigskulltextjopie2gc5.png

[Thank you very much Skull_Emblem For the Beutiful Sig And Jopie for doing the Text]

Random event & price check updates: fewer annoyances for me = :thumbup: .

Quest list: meh. Not useful to me as I've already finished them all, but might be nice for those with a few left.

Soul Wars: could be good. I doubt it'll nerf slayer, and it might be fun.

Evil Tree: also could be good. I hope it's more like star hunting and less like a daily chore.

No quest: :cry: . I didn't expect anything major right after WGS, but two months without a real quest (In Pyre Need took five minutes. That hardly counts.) feels long. #150 better be good!

frigginacky.png