Life in 100 years

Distracted

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there have been about 165 wars or "events" that have claimed more than 6000 each lives during the 20th century (5 of them claiming 6 million or more). The 20th century has been considered the bloodiest century of all mankind, totaling over 180 million people having died because of wars. If the world continues at the pace of wars we are going at, in 100 years we're screwed...

More information: http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/war-1900.htm

Or maybe bunnies will take over as dictators and our lives will be saved! Just a thought... 8-)

How does that compare to the total population though? In 1900 there were 1.65 billion people on Earth, currently there are about 6.7 billion. Need to compare people lost to war per year as percentage of world population to really get the comparison right.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well there have been about 165 wars or "events" that have claimed more than 6000 each lives during the 20th century (5 of them claiming 6 million or more). The 20th century has been considered the bloodiest century of all mankind, totaling over 180 million people having died because of wars. If the world continues at the pace of wars we are going at, in 100 years we're screwed...

More information: http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/war-1900.htm

Or maybe bunnies will take over as dictators and our lives will be saved! Just a thought... 8-)

How does that compare to the total population though? In 1900 there were 1.65 billion people on Earth, currently there are about 6.7 billion. Need to compare people lost to war per year as percentage of world population to really get the comparison right.

Well I was kinda heading toward the fact that wars have been been becoming larger, covering more land, and with increase in deadlyness of weapons and more sophisticated bombs, like a World War III/Armageddon thing, not just the amount of casulties.

In a hundred years, it doesn't matter if there are 12 billion people, if 5411 nukes go off at once, we are definitely screwed.

Big_Stingman.png

:wall: why did I say star trek the first time

Too much time on Mon Calamari?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I think we will have settlements underwater, huge underground cities, space stations, moon outposts, and settlments on other planets by 2109. With the population expanding as it is, our land issue is only on the rise. We will have to develop technologies in order to prevent us from running out of space.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think Quantum Computers have just gained the ability to transport information bits instantaneously.

Yep, information transport in zero time. We finally figured out how to harness the rule-breaking abilities of quantum particles, whoo.

So... one step closer to the the hive-mind of the Human Collective, yeah?

I'll be initiating handshake protocol with your consciousness in a hundred years.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

Whos says were gonna make it 100 years..... isn't there something about the world will apparently end 2012?

2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends. There's no logical backing as to what will happen on that year. Maybe the Mayans got lazy and their calendar didn't have any use beyond that year?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

We'll either learn from our mistakes and be a harmonious race, or we won't and we'll have global anarchy. And you know what they say: The best way to predict the future is to invent it. :)

Or we'll have both. By anarchy do you mean chaos or do you mean lack of coercive government?

Hey.

Whos says were gonna make it 100 years..... isn't there something about the world will apparently end 2012?

The 2012 theory is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. Do these people honestly think that just because the Mayan calendar ends on a certain day, the world is also going to end on that day? That really is idiotic.

The Mayans, with their glorious skills of prediction, couldn't even predict the downfall of their OWN civilisation let alone the fate of the entire world.

Hey.

The 2012 theory is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. Do these people honestly think that just because the Mayan calendar ends on a certain day, the world is also going to end on that day? That really is idiotic.

The Mayans, with their glorious skills of prediction, couldn't even predict the downfall of their OWN civilisation let alone the fate of the entire world.

Actually, december 2012 is based off some cosmological stuff. Something about a constellation crossing the center of the milky way and an alignment and what not. Sure, its not a real basis, but its not as if they just said lets choose a random date.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

life in 100 years will be a lot less advanced. Why? well, after the First Nuclear War, humanity will probably be scourging the forests of northern canada. think about it, only the babies survive a nuclear war, grow up in a forest and make a civilization. History all over again.

First it was cockroaches and now babies? How can any living organism survive nuclear radiation?

life in 100 years will be a lot less advanced. Why? well, after the First Nuclear War, humanity will probably be scourging the forests of northern canada. think about it, only the babies survive a nuclear war, grow up in a forest and make a civilization. History all over again.

First it was cockroaches and now babies? How can any living organism survive nuclear radiation?

A few feet of any reasonably dense substance could protect you from 99% of the radiation.

Also, water bears could survive radiation pretty well. But those things survive everything.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Depends on what kind of radiations. Modern nuclear arms throw out a fraction of the fallout of the first atomic weapons and Hiroshima is a thriving city now. Most protocols for bombardment feature airborne detonation so that most of the dangerous fallout dissipates and decays in the atmosphere before it falls to earth (as opposed to a ground detonation where fallout is bound to dirt and dust and therefore able to be spread farther).

It's likely that in the case of a nuclear war humans would be able to survive, propagate, and procreate.

As for cockroaches, they can survive. If you trap them in a little chamber and bombard them with unnatural amounts of gamma rays you can give them cancer like how they stuff rats full of artificial sweetener.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I wrote a quick little thing about life in the next 100 years.

[hide=]2015: China creates a missile that has the destructive power x20,000 of a regular nuclear bomb.

2016: China shoots said missile at moon ; strikes fear into American citizens.

2017: peace in the middle east

2023: Bill Gates is elected president of the united states of america

2027: Sea levels officially pass NYC's street levels ; city is deserted

2035: U.S president Bill Gates officially resigns from global peace treaty ; invades Canada for possession world's last oil reserves. War is over in 2 days.

The first flying car model is on sale, and holographic television is now implaced in many American homes.

Scientists send first man to mars

2036: When returning from mars, unidentified missile strikes spacecraft and destroys all physical artifacts as well as the shuttle.

2037: World pop sensation Miley Cyrus dies of drug overdose

2040: All of Europe allies and becomes one country, the European Coalition of the Twenty-Fourties (ECTF)

2045: Rising sea levels have eliminated NYC, Boston, Southern Louisiana, and one fourth of southern Asia.

2047: The world's last remaining rock of coal is burned ; this is not a problem, as 97% of the worlds electricity is generated by clean energy.

2050: At the National Party of Twenty-Fifty, U.S. President Zidane Zoyana announces the plans of the Alliance of Earth (AE), a global wide country, set to be installed by 2055.

Scientists make first contact with extraterrestrial life on ruins of a deserted, flooded NYC.

Subliminal advertising now counts as 46% of all accounted advertising.

2051: Riots break out in Washington D.C. about the planned destruction of numerous islands in the pacific via nuclear bomb.

World population is now 13 billion ; 5 billion located in Asia.

2055: AE (Alliance of Earth) installation is successful and right on time, as Richard Nixon's head is elected president of Earth.

2060: the AE makes plans to colonize the moon by 2070

2063: the AE fails and Earth is divided up into separate countries again.

2065: U.S.A is now formed into the United Dictatorship of America (U.D.A)

2066: Russia wages war with the former U.S.A, while troops fight it out over in EC (European Coalition).

2067: Citizens of the U.D.A are subject to involuntary mind control experiments, random beatings by City Guards, and uncontrolled criminal activity. Meanwhile, China and Japan enjoy prosperity and a democratic society.

2069: Good news from the American front! The European Coalition has approved use of biochemical warfare on Russian infantry!

2070: Plans of colonizing the moon are long forgotten after the utter failure of the Alliance of Earth.

Russia launches first missile strike on the U.D.A and bombards Boston, Minneapolis, Miami and the former Los Angeles.

2073: As many cities in the former U.S. are in destruction, the European Coalition is pretty much obliterated and disease has wiped out half of Africa's population.

2074: The United Dictatorship of America launches the first Space Battleship in space orbitting directly over russia, dropping capsules of a super biochemical disease like bullets directly into Moscow and St. Petersburg.

2075: The Japanese are the first to install domes over Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Osaka to protect against the disease, radiation and climate change happening in the world. Meanwhile, China aims it's nuclear arsenal directly at North America.

2079: Russia surrenders, while the United Dictatorship of America sends every citizen of Russia to concentration camps.

2083: The American Rebellion has a hostile takeover in Axmonia, previously Washington D.C., and swiftly takes over the capital.

2084: America is in civil war, with the United Dictatorship of America fighting against the New United Democracy of America (N.U.D.A). It looks like a brighter future.

2086: In a last move, the United Dictatorship of America takes the remaining nuclear arsenal and sends it at China in a move of creating a diversion to take back the capital.

2087: China is in devastation, and with it's allie, Japan, sends all of it's arsenal at North America.

2088: Americans live in nuclear fallout, hiding in shelters built in the late 2060s, waiting for relief. But alas, none comes.

2089: America is now officially classified uninhabitable, while billions of citizens are living in fallout shelters.

2090: A large group of citizens have made a crude colony in the northest part of Canada, calling it Zlobaniat

2095: Most of the world lies in ruins, with its billions of citizens either living underground or in Zlobaniat, a colony which has become a sanctuary for people living without radiation or disease.

2100: When rations run out, humanity evolves into a cannibalistic tribe of people, scourging the deserted streets of former Earth, for any signs of human life, to become food.

2109: All of mutated, cannibalistic, humanity is perished when Earth's atmosphere is set afire by a meteorite shower.[/hide]

To many computers. :ugeek:

That have spell check. *Too*

:D

In the future, humans will be so dependent on computers, they'll make them like other humans, and reproduce with them, and make super intelligent computerpeople who will take over the galaxy and try to kill all the jedis.