Just How Gullible Can They Be?

Danqazmlp

By 'They', i really mean noobs in general. It's one of the few times i will ever use that word, but it really does accurately describe who i am about to talk about.

If you've been to soulwars recently, you'l know the scene, two teams staring each other down over two small graveyards about to do battle, but what's that, soembody said we can find treasure if we dig in that graveyard? GRAB THE SPADES!

Yeah, now you know what i mean, somebody has convinced hundreds of 'noobs' that if you dig in the graveyards next to the soulwars waiting areas you can find hidden treasure, and it amazes me that its taken a whole week almost for people to stop digging.

It may not evn have been their idea to stop, its taken a post by Jagex to stop them:

0ydig.png

Now my thinking is, would people have believed this a few years ago, or am i to believe all those doomsayers saying that rs really is getting more stupid and gullable?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all down to experience not forgetting the majority of the newer players in RuneScape was 13+ but now lowered, not to mention people were playing along saying things like "Wow I got 10k!", when I first started I would have fallen for something like this.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Gullible. Leern 2 speel.

This is pretty old news. I lol'd a load at all the noobs their wasting their time digging, but it made it really easy for my team to win, because they also thought that digging in the Graveyards would give random duplicates of the items of the last person who died. When the entire other team is digging in their Graveyard, you can easily win :P

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

My brother actually fell for this. :wall: #-o I broke down laughing when he told me that he thought it would work because other people were doing it. :lol:

Link to Forum Games signature.

[hide=TIFer Quotes]

This lack of discussion value..disturbs me.
English is the only language on this forum.

If you use another language, you need to include a traduction

bgok5jn dsgtalg

Oh wow, I hate everything -.-

Death kinda scares me.

your obsession with phallic objects shows quite clearly in your artworks.

Ffs, someone put this in their sig.

[/hide]

When scythes were dropped I was told that White knights dropped party hats. I believed it :-#

Anyway. Such things always happen. The difference between now and a few years ago is the number of people. There are more players, which means more gullible persons, which results in this.

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

When scythes were dropped I was told that White knights dropped party hats. I believed it :-#

Anyway. Such things always happen. The difference between now and a few years ago is the number of people. There are more players, which means more gullible persons, which results in this.

When I was 12 I gave someone my password because they said they were bluerose13x.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

wen i first played soul wars people started shouted that zezima whas also payling and everyone whas looking to see if thy can see him me included lol :lol:

When I was 12 I gave someone my password because they said they were bluerose13x.

^^ And I lost all my stuff in a trust trade, losing green h'ween mask, full rune, r2h, 200k cash.

Was a lot back then.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Why white knights? :o Someone told me white knights dropped santa hats on Christmas day, didn't believe him though lol.
imagangster.png

I remember in the christmas event ('06?) where there was a christmas tree in varrock. Dozens of players claimed digging at the tree gave santas. Merchants took control of the place yelling "selling spades 5k!" and players of all combat and IQ levels dug repeatedly hoping for goodies. Good times, good times.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Why white knights? :o Someone told me white knights dropped santa hats on Christmas day, didn't believe him though lol.

No idea. Never questioned the person who said it. I just rushed to the castle. Left after a hour, after everyone lol'd at me :oops:

Polodevil.png

polozn.png

White Knights drop X on X-day was from some RS help sites saying they dropped them when the were realeased all those years ago. SOme idiots must have read it as "white knights drop them every year".

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

People even ask me if this is true! :wall:

Other than that, I agree completely with the quoted comment. Reminds me of a certain new skill that still is in the hearts of RS players...

It's all down to experience not forgetting the majority of the newer players in RuneScape was 13+ but now lowered, not to mention people were playing along saying things like "Wow I got 10k!", when I first started I would have fallen for something like this.

i agree a few years ago i saw a guy in faldor pray near the statue in the centre in the middle of the town and say yay full rune, and he put on full rune. i spent the next 20minutes trying it. :oops:

i was only 9 thou and very very new to the game.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

The mods are lying, they just don't want all that money being put back into the rs economy!

omg your right!

*gets out his spade and goes digging for hours*

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]