PMods - Purpose or Status?

Guest jrhairychest

Its not my fault if some posters:

1) Don't read things fully

Would be a valid point but you too have been accused of it

Are these the same accusations that said I didn't know what I was talking about earlier in the posts, that were confirmed by jagex themselves?

2) Don't want to believe what Jagex write and only believe what they want to see.

The funny thing about Jagex is that they have been known to change things to suit themselves too. Remember the "accidental" text-change? It's rare to find anyone these days that does take everything they say as the truth.

Yes I did notice you skipped your last post and didn't answer the jagex quotes. So, for the record, Jagex made up all of this. It's a lie and nothing is changing. Correct?

3) Can't accept the system is changing

What? Where?

Its called current and future pmods. Accept it ;)

4) Don't want to debate actual points

I think telling others they haven't read the points they argued against falls under this. Easy way to ignore a difficult point if you say your opponent completely missed the point, isn't it?

Exactly, I would recommend you take your own advice. Also helps if some people weren't economical with the truth from the beginning wouldn't you say?

5) Only accept evidence from pmods, wannabe mods or their friends

Because doesn't it makes sense that pmods and their close friends should know about the system they are a part of, right?

Unbiased opinion? Lmao.

6) Put their own POV across but don't like it if I do.

No response

No suprise

7) Don't like it if I dispute claims or argue a point back

It's not what you say, it's how you say it

Excellent point. Some of you should really take it on board.

8) Don't want to accept evidence from a past pmod.

Just as you haven't been from current pmods who are watching the system change and are a part of it

Or just trying to avoid an opinion from someone who tells it how it really is....or should I say 'was'.

This is called debate. About putting points cross about the subject in question. If you really want to engage in more personal attacks then I'd suggest not smashing up your keyboard in frustration and get some fresh air.

Wait what?

See above.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read through this and a number of your threads a few times, I've decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and tackle this one.

I've responded to your points twice in this thread. Both times, rather than respond to what I said, you replied with ad hominem attacks that I hadn't read your arguments, that I didn't comprehend what you said, that I didn't look at the whole thread, that I'm engaging in attacks, and that if I don't like what you say I should leave. This has been part of a pattern in your responses throughout the thread. Allow me to deconstruct your methods. Let's just take a few examples from your recent response to Lord Shalaj.

Try again...Your points weren't debatable, they were more or less attacks on a pmod. I can answer points if you come up with something valid. You don't give me any evidence or any decent points to work with. If you do, I'd debate them.

Here, you take a legitimate point that you are giving undue weight to the testimony of one ex-mod, and you respond to it by accusing Lord Shalaj of a personal attack on Bluelancer.

I didn't imply any personal attack. You're all so quick to try to discredit him yet he's probably got more experience than you or me and he's been a pmod. I guess that puts him in a position to argue.

Here you imply that the current mods who posted to disagree with you are in some way less trustworthy and less honest than the ex-mod who did agree with you. Who do you think has been dishonest in this thread, and what have they said that is dishonest?

The reports for one thing? You taken a 'proper' look through this thread. Pretty much all denied they were reporting to get mod status. Wasn't the party line 'its helping players etc?'. All now known to be dishonest. The Jagex thread laid it all open as to what's been going on. Go back and take a look.

Here you once again accuse the other guy of not reading or comprehending your brilliant argument.

Obviously you're right and Jagex are wrong then. If players don't read before they post, its not my problem.

Here you manage to miss the point of a valid analogy. Was that intentional? Judging by the rest of the thread, probably, but you tell me.

Why? Because I disagreed with the player mod system as it was? Very few of you like tackling the Jagex issues and I'm well aware hardly any of you can debate them because they're pretty clear cut. I'm not going to sit here and agree with something I don't agree with.

Again, the "Can't you read?" This is a common thread in your responses so far. Perhaps if you're so sure that people who call you out are too illiterate to look at your source material, you should quote it in your response to make sure they see it. Of course, a side effect of that would be to prove that it exists and is relevant, which I imagine would only help your argument.

No theres quite a few posts where its evident players don't read. And havent you noticed, again, no-one wants to tackle the Jagex post? Like yourself, they have very little answer to something that has come straight from Jagex. I have put my arguments on the table. The evidence exists because Jagex POSTED IT. Langer accepted it way back but obviously you have a problem with what Jagex says.

Here Lord Shalaj has said that you are judging the entire mod community based on 1-2 "bad eggs" and you respond by ignoring the second half of the sentence, which brings up more questions of whether you yourself are reading selectively, as you seem by your response to have conceded that yes, indeed, you believe that 1-2 "bad eggs" does give you an accurate picture of the mod community as a whole. In a debate tournament, you fail to respond to something like that, and that judge is going to consider you to have lost that point.

If its 1-2 bad eggs why change the whole system? Again you don't answer me. I take it saying 'mods are brilliant' is allowed but disagreeing isn't? These are points that YOU failed to tackle. 1-2 bad eggs doesn't mean altering the entire system and changing your recruitment policy.

Here you revert back to the same baseless generalization that you had in your first post and that has been debunked dozens of times already. I don't even need to respond to this because you can go back all the way to the beginning of the thread and find pages full of responses to it.

Baseless Generalisation? How has this been debunked? There were even admissions of guilt in earlier posts from pmods themselves that having their crown removed would hack them off. They have admitted they wanted the crown so how is this baseless?

I would advise you that instead of jumping on other peoples posts you think of some decent points of your own. I'm quite happy to debate with you if you want to tackle this properly, but coming in now and again is doing you no favours. Stick around, debate the points and the Jagex post or go.

[hide=]

Are these the same accusations that said I didn't know what I was talking about earlier in the posts, that were confirmed by jagex themselves?

I was mostly responding to Troaccid's post, actually

2) Don't want to believe what Jagex write and only believe what they want to see.

The funny thing about Jagex is that they have been known to change things to suit themselves too. Remember the "accidental" text-change? It's rare to find anyone these days that does take everything they say as the truth.

Yes I did notice you skipped your last post and didn't answer the jagex quotes. So, for the record, Jagex made up all of this. It's a lie and nothing is changing. Correct?

Or rather how what they do say should be taken with a grain of salt because they have been known to post things to make themselves look better.

What? Where?

I was addressing the point you made about people being unable to accept change. I haven't seen posts for other people that can't accept it, my own was that what the article says is what Jagex had been saying for years, and as a result what I had been telling others when they asked about it for the same amount of time.

I think telling others they haven't read the points they argued against falls under this. Easy way to ignore a difficult point if you say your opponent completely missed the point, isn't it?

Exactly, I would recommend you take your own advice. Also helps if some people weren't economical with the truth from the beginning wouldn't you say?

Would you mind pointing out where I accused you of not reading, then point out the times you did?

Because doesn't it makes sense that pmods and their close friends should know about the system they are a part of, right?

Unbiased opinion? Lmao.

A strongly pro-mod opinion is just as biased as a strongly anti-mod one.

No response

No suprise

It's a debate, they argued against your points, which is the point, but what most people don't like is how you resort to ad hominem attacks.

...Was this really necessary? Such a childish response from someone that expects us to take him seriously...

Just as you haven't been from current pmods who are watching the system change and are a part of it

Or just trying to avoid an opinion from someone who tells it how it really is....or should I say 'was'.

Was does not equal is. You do like to remind people that things are changing, perhaps you should remember who is involved in said change, and who is not.

This is called debate. About putting points cross about the subject in question. If you really want to engage in more personal attacks then I'd suggest not smashing up your keyboard in frustration and get some fresh air.

Wait what?

See above.

Was the irony lost on anyone else?

[/hide]

In addition!

If all you have are these points about my disputing claims you're going to look a lot worse for it.

That's what a debate is. The whole point is to dispute claims.

I'm quite happy to debate with you if you want to tackle this properly, but coming in now and again is doing you no favours. Stick around, debate the points and the Jagex post or go.

Okay.

*Mods claim to be 'ordinary players' - Would they want the status if it gave you no crown visible to other players? No they would be unhappy because they 'want' other players to know they are mods - hence they do it for the status. Many who then achieve modship then revert back to the 'its not my problem' routine.
[hide=Response]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization
remember when I mentioned my best friend was a mod earlier? That was a bit of a lie, I actually am a mod and earned it through reporting of the various things such as trust games and mostly other common scams along with occasional macro hunts. Did I think about the possibility of getting a crown as I did this, yes I did. Did I report everyone I saw no, did I report for the sake of getting a crown also no. As I reported my mindset was something around the lines of "yay another scammer/macro thats going to be dealt with". I wasnt going around hunting people trying to report them for saying wtf or poo, I was reporting things that were actually a real problem in runescape.
I would want to be a mod without a crown. I like giving advice but I hate neverending conversation as I play the more like the quiet type.
I can also tell you if there was no such thing as modship, I would still report rule breakers like I do now. I don't report people to become a mod, I report people that clearly break the rules, and that make my gaming experience worse because of it.
[/hide]

*Why give status to people who will gleefully report others - In my mind you get status for hard work, not at the expense of others (PVP excepted). I find this 'looking for trouble' element of it distasteful as it encourages players to snitch, rather than use common sense.
[hide=Response]
Question from Zman881155:

Hi there,

This is a question about Player Moderators

In order to become a PMod, you have to help and respect other player, use the report abuse system, etc.

So my question is, if back when you were a low level, if you always insulted people and really never did anything do help (Never said I did ) and you had a 'sudden change in behaivor' and started helping, reporting, etc...after a couple of years, would you have a chance of becoming a PMod?

(This is just in general, im not expecting to become one anytime soon )

================================================

Reporting people is actually fairly low down on our list of things we look for in a Mod, account security and community focus are far more important.

In relation to your other point, we do allow some leniency when we can clearly see that a player has done a few small, silly things in the past and now regrets it - so the short answer is 'Yes' you can be a Mod even if you have a few offences!

:)

Steve

[/hide]

*Why do they insist on giving lectures to players instead of fact? When a mod is around it is permanently littered with mod chat.

*Why, when questioned about how they got their modship do they instantly tele or block a player? - Something to be scared of?

*Why get shirty with players like myself who will disagree with a mods knowledge, yet threaten to mute me for it because I dare to disagree. Happened on more than one occasion. I don't need to be told off like a child or spoken to as if I don't know what I'm doing.

[hide=Response]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization[/hide]

Troacctid there is no debate here at all. All you've done is a copy and paste job without putting any POV or committed any comments of your own. I liked your quotes, so I found the same posters also making these quotes:

Mods are ordinary people. Some want the job for status, others for genuinely making the game better by reporting and dealing with rule-breakers. It depends on the player behind the keyboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, I thought you were kinda ranting on the modship process, but I realise that you are mostly ranting on the motivation of getting modship status for the sake of having the status and proving it with a crown. I have to agree that from that point of view, all mods or mods wannabe are reporting for the wrong reasons

I did think of posting Langers last responses over the pages about the 'scare factor' of the Jagex post but theres enough said here.

I love this one from one of our practising mods.

Would as many people try to get modship if it didnt have a crown, probably not. Even if a mod didnt care one bit about the status most of them would be upset because its like taking away a reward. If there were never crowns then I wouldnt be on the front lines fighting to add them

Fantastic response from Mod Steve - 'Reporting people is actually fairly low down on our list of things we look for in a Mod, account security and community focus are far more important.'. So I take it this is a recent post? Really goes against the grain of 'we should report all rulebreakers' that many posted early on. See the change in focus Jagex now want? Local_Guy you taking note? Priceless that :thumbsup:. I would have put seesall quote above but he's all for reporting all rulebreakers no matter what so it ties in nicely here.

As for the generalisation bits where was the debate there? Come on! Surely you can do better than that. Hows about tackling the Jagex post?

[hide=]

I was mostly responding to Troaccid's post, actually

Or rather how what they do say should be taken with a grain of salt because they have been known to post things to make themselves look better.

What? Where?

I was addressing the point you made about people being unable to accept change. I haven't seen posts for other people that can't accept it, my own was that what the article says is what Jagex had been saying for years, and as a result what I had been telling others when they asked about it for the same amount of time.

Would you mind pointing out where I accused you of not reading, then point out the times you did?

Unbiased opinion? Lmao.

A strongly pro-mod opinion is just as biased as a strongly anti-mod one.

No response

No suprise

It's a debate, they argued against your points, which is the point, but what most people don't like is how you resort to ad hominem attacks.

...Was this really necessary? Such a childish response from someone that expects us to take him seriously...

Was does not equal is. You do like to remind people that things are changing, perhaps you should remember who is involved in said change, and who is not.

Wait what?

See above.

Was the irony lost on anyone else?

[/hide]

In addition!

If all you have are these points about my disputing claims you're going to look a lot worse for it.

That's what a debate is. The whole point is to dispute claims.

*sigh* if you want to shy away from the Jagex post and debate its points you go right ahead. Your points about Jagex 'not really doing the changes' and 'its all for public face' are quite amusing. Either you don't want to believe it or you're in some sort of denial. You don't mind if I quote you directly to Jagex about this do you? After all if they are doing this as a public relations exercise then they are misleading their players.

Troacctid there is no debate here at all. All you've done is a copy and paste job without putting any POV or committed any comments of your own. I liked your quotes, so I found the same posters also making these quotes:

Mods are ordinary people. Some want the job for status, others for genuinely making the game better by reporting and dealing with rule-breakers. It depends on the player behind the keyboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, I thought you were kinda ranting on the modship process, but I realise that you are mostly ranting on the motivation of getting modship status for the sake of having the status and proving it with a crown. I have to agree that from that point of view, all mods or mods wannabe are reporting for the wrong reasons

I did think of posting Langers last responses over the pages about the 'scare factor' of the Jagex post but theres enough said here.

I love this one from one of our practising mods.

Would as many people try to get modship if it didnt have a crown, probably not. Even if a mod didnt care one bit about the status most of them would be upset because its like taking away a reward. If there were never crowns then I wouldnt be on the front lines fighting to add them

Fantastic response from Mod Steve - 'Reporting people is actually fairly low down on our list of things we look for in a Mod, account security and community focus are far more important.'. So I take it this is a recent post? Really goes against the grain of 'we should report all rulebreakers' that many posted early on. See the change in focus Jagex now want? Local_Guy you taking note? Priceless that :thumbsup:. I would have put seesall quote above but he's all for reporting all rulebreakers no matter what so it ties in nicely here.

As for the generalisation bits where was the debate there? Come on! Surely you can do better than that. Hows about tackling the Jagex post?

There's nothing to tackle, Trolly McTrollpants. Nothing in the Jagex post supports your so-called "points". As you can see from the recent Player Support Live Q&A that I quoted, Mod Stevew conclusively denied that abuse reports are the primary reason people attain modship, which is the very opposite of what you're saying. (Which for reference was that mods are "Given status for gleefully reporting others" and are "encouraged to snitch.") And you've given no evidence whatsoever for any of your points, you've just restated them in paragraph form instead of bullet form and called it proof. Furthermore, despite more than ten pages of fervidly pretending to argue your case, you didn't even pretend to have anything remotely resembling evidence until more than halfway through the thread. AND FURTHERMORE, you openly admitted to being a troll. If you aren't going to debate, perhaps you should move this thread to the rants forum.

There's nothing to tackle, Trolly McTrollpants. Nothing in the Jagex post supports your so-called "points". As you can see from the recent Player Support Live Q&A that I quoted, Mod Stevew conclusively denied that abuse reports are the primary reason people attain modship, which is the very opposite of what you're saying. (Which for reference was that mods are "Given status for gleefully reporting others" and are "encouraged to snitch.") And you've given no evidence whatsoever for any of your points, you've just restated them in paragraph form instead of bullet form and called it proof. Furthermore, despite more than ten pages of fervidly pretending to argue your case, you didn't even pretend to have anything remotely resembling evidence until more than halfway through the thread. AND FURTHERMORE, you openly admitted to being a troll. If you aren't going to debate, perhaps you should move this thread to the rants forum.

Wow another one in denial lmao. Aren't going to debate? Are you talking about yourself?

The Jagex post fully supports my points, its just you don't want to admit it. Haven't you noticed you're using an up-to-date post for Mod Andrew? Players aren't required to go around reporting any more. Fantastic eh? As I quite rightly remember this was a point I made when I first posted about so having it confirmed by Jagex is really the icing on the cake.

I've fully supported my evidence. Very difficult at first as for some reason I wasn't allowed to have a POV nor submit points that mods themselves have made but since Jagex come clean you've no leg to stand on. I think its hilarious that so few of you want to tackle this part of the debate or admit that Jagex have changed direction on who they appoint as pmods. Oh the irony of so many denials, accusations and tag teaming. Now that its all come out theres a full log of posters telling me I'm this, I'm that etc. I really couldn't have asked for anything better.

Do all the name calling you want. Jagex have proved me right. The problem of you actually coming to terms with this is your burden, not mine. Trying to get cute with this only makes you look a fool. You stay in denial but I would advise you that you'd better get used to people disagreeing with you and you being wrong. Its called life :D

By the way, here's the link to Mod Paul M's post about players submitting themselves as pmods. Very interesting indeed.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?103,104,0,59341959

I take it Bluelancers words aren't good enough for you? I'd rather trust a guy who has been playing rs for many years than someone who hasn't. He's given an honest appraisal of what has gone on and he's been there and done it. Loved his screenshot. I'd suggest if you take exception to what he says then take it up with him.

No offence to Bluelancer, but yes, his words are NOT good enough for me. Infact, on something as big as the PMod Community, ONE person's words don't satisfy me. Since you are, lets take your words "failing to read the entire post"...I will repeat this again - What if I say Tip.It has a poor community? (Hypothetical again, folks) I have been here for a good amount of years, but posted that much. So are my words good enough for you?

Again obviously Bluelancers comments are not good enough for you. I'd also be very worried if the entire community took the 'lets look at mods through rose tinted spectacles' approach too. Thankfully not everyone thinks the same way as you do and have you thought that maybe Jagex thought the same way too with their new approach?

Yes they aren't. (No offence again Bluelancer) You know, I get the feeling you have something against 1 moderator (probably told you to keep quiet about something you were wrong :lol: ) and which is why you think that ALL the PMods are rubbish. Thankfully, not everyone bases their opinion on one encounter or one quote like you.

'or has been for a good many years'?. I think you missed the part where it says 'up until recently'. Have another read.

How will you describe 'up until recently' in years?

You sure? So basing a selection process on players instead of reports isn't the right way to take it and bring in a new style of pmod who is actually interested in the community? I would seriously recommend you have a word with Jagex about this as they've made this decision.

You can't guarantee even this new system will prevent some bad eggs from getting in. You still haven't answered why you base your opinion on 2-3 bad eggs, but meh, you want to keep the thread running with pointless replies, don't you?

And I've already mentioned, getting players who were interacting with the community started a good while back. So I suggest you research on the entire PMod selection process (And not just read 1 Developer blog...pfft) and come back and reply.

Players want mod crowns because of the attention it gives them i.e. attention seekers. Most pmods wouldn't want the role of pmod if they didn't get the status as it wouldn't differentiate them from any other player. I've seen them saber rattle players when there was simply no need to do so. Its the 'hey look at me' approach. Thats not serving the community, thats serving yourself.

Are you in the shoes of each PMod? So how can you say they all want it for the crown? Don't imagine anything pl0x.

And how does a person benefit if people 'look at him'?

Higher skills means players can trust the mod for the right info on skills and quests. It beats talking to a lower level mod who you know is just pulling your leg or hasn't got a clue. Players respect higher levels much more and you're much more likely to get the right info.

I've seen lower level PMods truthfully say they don't know the answer. And they have much higher gaming experience than an average player, which is one reason they are a PMod.

Many do still claim that that's all they report. Hilarious.

OMG. STOP this trash, I haven't seen any proof of anyone saying this...so where is your evidence for this?

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

No offence to Bluelancer, but yes, his words are NOT good enough for me. Infact, on something as big as the PMod Community, ONE person's words don't satisfy me. Since you are, lets take your words "failing to read the entire post"...I will repeat this again - What if I say Tip.It has a poor community? (Hypothetical again, folks) I have been here for a good amount of years, but posted that much. So are my words good enough for you?

Lmao. So this guy has been playing much longer than you and is a forum mod who actually gave a balanced view on his first post isn't good enough? Please. You're talking as if his opinion doesn't count, when his experience is much more than either of us. Your total doesn't exactly set the world alight (in fact its much like mine, and I'm not impressed with mine either) showing your in game experience is around the same as mine and you don't post very often either so don't make out that you're Mr 'Ive been around for years'. Who's opinion do I trust? I'm sure if Bluelancer came on here and actually agreed with you then you'd change your tune. By the tone of your 'mods are brilliant' approach, your position is pretty clear cut. So lets see you back that up.

In terms of your hypothetical pov, thats your choice. Do I see players falling over themselves on here trying to report others? No. So its a lame argument you're giving.

Yes they aren't. (No offence again Bluelancer) You know, I get the feeling you have something against 1 moderator (probably told you to keep quiet about something you were wrong :lol: ) and which is why you think that ALL the PMods are rubbish. Thankfully, not everyone bases their opinion on one encounter or one quote like you.

Considering we're almost equals in game skills, I think I have enough experience in game to know its not just one mod just as it gives you the right to say how fantastic you find them. I've never been told I've been 'wrong' per say, more blocked and threatened with a mute a few times for asking the wrong questions. None ever dared to back that up.

I base things on what I see and also what I read. What I have now is a Jagex post detailing changes to modship and how it is done/will be done. Its to the point and it details much change in the system thats been needed. If you want to take the line of ignorance to it, or pretend that Jagex aren't really doing it then thats your choice. If Jagex felt the need to restructure the system its good enough for me.

Your quote that I think 'ALL' pmods to be rubbish could turn out to have a silver lining. Now that they're doing more player analysis instead of the old methods perhaps a much more respectable type of mod will come out of it. Instead of report its more help so it will encourage the right type of players who didn't feel the need to report offences because they were desperate to feed their ego. It also seems like a considerable amount of them are being recruited which dilutes them all. So, all in all, your mod buds will have no choice but to fall in line with the new system. ;)

How will you describe 'up until recently' in years?

Hmmm..Well I started this post in February this year. Plenty of mods posted during that time and none of them stated that changes were going to be made. They could have come clean at the beginning and this debate would have been over. If they'd just told some truths that would have been the end of it. They didn't because they either didn't know changes were going to happen so they could sit there and deny anything they wanted, or they lied by omitting what they already knew. These are players you claim are brilliant. :roll:

You can't guarantee even this new system will prevent some bad eggs from getting in. You still haven't answered why you base your opinion on 2-3 bad eggs, but meh, you want to keep the thread running with pointless replies, don't you?

And I've already mentioned, getting players who were interacting with the community started a good while back. So I suggest you research on the entire PMod selection process (And not just read 1 Developer blog...pfft) and come back and reply.

A new system. Player analysis vs reports. Which one of these is a much more robust system to weed out potential bad eggs? I dealt with this a while back in this post. If player analysis is a pointless reply then you've got serious problems in admitting you're wrong.

I did research. Are you another of the Ilk that Jagex's words are not good enough, you don't want to believe them or its just not happening? You actually think I'd trust your word when Jagex came clean over it? Whos do I place more value on

Are you in the shoes of each PMod? So how can you say they all want it for the crown? Don't imagine anything pl0x.

And how does a person benefit if people 'look at him'?

I believe a practicing pmod made this remark earlier in the post. I think it answers your point. Is he a bad egg or was he just being plain honest?

I've seen lower level PMods truthfully say they don't know the answer. And they have much higher gaming experience than an average player, which is one reason they are a PMod.

Sure so a level 30 pmod with a total of 780 would have much more experience than one who is high combat and 2000 total. Youre joking right? Who would players trust more?

No, the reason these low levels are pmods is because they reported often.

Many do still claim that that's all they report. Hilarious.

OMG. STOP this trash, I haven't seen any proof of anyone saying this...so where is your evidence for this?

Instead of hi mod youre so great try asking some uncomfortable questions. Dont be surprised if you you dont get a pleasant response. Now where is your evidence that mods are great?

Lmao. So this guy has been playing much longer than you and is a forum mod who actually gave a balanced view on his first post isn't good enough? Please. You're talking as if his opinion doesn't count, when his experience is much more than either of us. Your total doesn't exactly set the world alight (in fact its much like mine, and I'm not impressed with mine either) showing your in game experience is around the same as mine and you don't post very often either so don't make out that you're Mr 'Ive been around for years'. Who's opinion do I trust? I'm sure if Bluelancer came on here and actually agreed with you then you'd change your tune. By the tone of your 'mods are brilliant' approach, your position is pretty clear cut. So lets see you back that up.

Maybe my post wasn't clear, or you are acting plain dumb. I don't mind/care how experienced the player is. What I do mind is that it is ONE person's opinion about a community of THOUSANDS. Drilled that into your head? I don't formulate opinions about a whole group from one person's thoughts.

In terms of your hypothetical pov, thats your choice. Do I see players falling over themselves on here trying to report others? No. So its a lame argument you're giving.

Well you like listening to just the opinion of 1 person, so why not me? Forget the PMod scenario, I give my thoughts on the Tip.It community, you ready to give them credit?

Hmmm..Well I started this post in February this year. Plenty of mods posted during that time and none of them stated that changes were going to be made. They could have come clean at the beginning and this debate would have been over. If they'd just told some truths that would have been the end of it. They didn't because they either didn't know changes were going to happen so they could sit there and deny anything they wanted, or they lied by omitting what they already knew. These are players you claim are brilliant. :roll:

You know something? PMods know NOTHING about future updates. :roll: (or as much as a normal player knows)

I did research.

More like listened to one ex-mod.

Are you another of the Ilk that Jagex's words are not good enough, you don't want to believe them or its just not happening? You actually think I'd trust your word when Jagex came clean over it? Whos do I place more value on

I see the change, and to be honest I see not difference as most of the new PMods were being selected on their Community involvement too.

I believe a practicing pmod made this remark earlier in the post. I think it answers your point. Is he a bad egg or was he just being plain honest?

WOW...there you go again. 1 person, thousands of players. 1 has a different aim, all have the same.

Sure so a level 30 pmod with a total of 780 would have much more experience than one who is high combat and 2000 total. Youre joking right? Who would players trust more?

Excuse me? By gaming experience I mean dealing and interacting with players.

Instead of hi mod youre so great try asking some uncomfortable questions. Dont be surprised if you you dont get a pleasant response. Now where is your evidence that mods are great?

I have discussed this to great detail, and thankfully I have more evidence than you (which is bits of fluff). Much before the RWT updates, all the PMods launched a Bot catching lets say...'hunt'. They did play a marginal role in reducing the number of bots, however the biggest changes came from the December 11 updates. So to some extent, they did 'reduce' macro-ing but not 'remove'.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

Maybe my post wasn't clear, or you are acting plain dumb. I don't mind/care how experienced the player is. What I do mind is that it is ONE person's opinion about a community of THOUSANDS. Drilled that into your head? I don't formulate opinions about a whole group from one person's thoughts.

Herein lies your problem. I DO care about how experienced a player is. Lancer is a very experienced player. I think that really grates on you. You seem to think that everyone likes mods and I don't. Its a very naive pov as there are many dissenters. If you don't believe this, check out the stickies on the official RS website and see how many agreed with the changes Jagex made. Their, and my opinion vs yours. How can I formulate an opinion when Lancer posted much later? :wall:

Well you like listening to just the opinion of 1 person, so why not me? Forget the PMod scenario, I give my thoughts on the Tip.It community, you ready to give them credit?

Again, I form my own opinions. I'll certainly give most of them credit as there are some nice people on here.

You know something? PMods know NOTHING about future updates. :roll: (or as much as a normal player knows)

Is that right? Thanks for solving my point from an earlier post then. According to some pmods, after the initial Jagex statement, they claimed they knew this was was going to happen. More bad eggs?

I did research.

More like listened to one ex-mod.

Um..no its called Jagex. Still in denial I see. You got something personal against Lancer? You're so determined to try to discredit it.

Are you another of the Ilk that Jagex's words are not good enough, you don't want to believe them or its just not happening? You actually think I'd trust your word when Jagex came clean over it? Whos do I place more value on

I see the change, and to be honest I see not difference as most of the new PMods were being selected on their Community involvement too.

'New pmods'. Thanks for that :D

WOW...there you go again. 1 person, thousands of players. 1 has a different aim, all have the same.

Answer the question. Bad egg or honest?

Excuse me? By gaming experience I mean dealing and interacting with players.

So not reporting then? Just as Jagex have said they want to move away from. Dealing with players. Thanks :D

I have discussed this to great detail, and thankfully I have more evidence than you (which is bits of fluff). Much before the RWT updates, all the PMods launched a Bot catching lets say...'hunt'. They did play a marginal role in reducing the number of bots, however the biggest changes came from the December 11 updates. So to some extent, they did 'reduce' macro-ing but not 'remove'.

Yes yes, the usual 'we didnt report players, only bots'. Heard that a million times. So you can't really back up your claim that all pmods are great. pffffffft.

If there is a crown, there is a status symbol, few people would choose to be a pmod if there was no crown, why would you? All you get is slightly extra reporting powers, as if a normal player can't do that, and a mute button, which though lovely can get your powers removed if you abuse it.

O.O

Herein lies your problem. I DO care about how experienced a player is. Lancer is a very experienced player. I think that really grates on you. You seem to think that everyone likes mods and I don't. Its a very naive pov as there are many dissenters. If you don't believe this, check out the stickies on the official RS website and see how many agreed with the changes Jagex made. Their, and my opinion vs yours. How can I formulate an opinion when Lancer posted much later? :wall:

Firstly, I don't think everyone likes PMods. Heck, even I don't like a few of them. And yes, I wouldn't listen to just one person to know about something. (or call it my research :roll: ) And actually, I have no problems with the changes Jagex made in case you err...'failed to read the previous post' entirely.

Again, I form my own opinions. I'll certainly give most of them credit as there are some nice people on here.

So there are no 'nice' people in the PMods Community... :roll:

Is that right? Thanks for solving my point from an earlier post then. According to some pmods, after the initial Jagex statement, they claimed they knew this was was going to happen. More bad eggs?

Ever heard of predictions? Instincts? Getting a general idea by looking around?

I did research.

Um..no its called Jagex. Still in denial I see. You got something personal against Lancer? You're so determined to try to discredit it.

I have nothing against Bluelancer. Infact, I have nothing against anyone. You dragged him into the conversation, making him your sole 'evidence' that PMods are bad. And anyway, I'm actually in denial of what? Didn't I already say I don't mind the new changes?

Answer the question. Bad egg or honest?

Research: 1 person constitutes an entire survey or many.

And to answer your question (incase you get a reason not to reply) - he was honest about himself. Is that so bad? He admitted he wanted the crown. Did EVERY Pmod admit that?

So not reporting then? Just as Jagex have said they want to move away from. Dealing with players. Thanks :D

Good grief... :roll:

Dealing here means talking and helping them out. I thought you had the common sense to get out that meaning since I used it along with 'interact'?

Yes yes, the usual 'we didnt report players, only bots'. Heard that a million times. So you can't really back up your claim that all pmods are great. pffffffft.

I don't say all PMods are great. And wasn't this quote to prove that PMods played a part in reducing Macroing? So where did this 'PMods are great stuff' pop in? Don't have any actual evidence (didn't believe you had anyway) about that quote of yours? I provided my evidence of how they played a part. Where's yours?

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

Due to several reasons, I've met a lot of Pmods in the last couple of months. I must say, pretty much all of them are mature, know their way about the game, and are willing to help you where possible. This is quite different from my experience with them a few years ago.

I reckon Jagex' latest Pmod selecting policy does its job.

If there is a crown, there is a status symbol, few people would choose to be a pmod if there was no crown, why would you? All you get is slightly extra reporting powers, as if a normal player can't do that, and a mute button, which though lovely can get your powers removed if you abuse it.

Wb. A pretty logical statement (again). Lol, You have such a habit of popping in and out of posts and doing this :thumbup:

I've come to a conclusion. To you logic agrees with you. If it does not it is not logical. How ever many pages are in this thread gave me the idea, that one post confirms it.

-snip-

*sigh* if you want to shy away from the Jagex post and debate its points you go right ahead. Your points about Jagex 'not really doing the changes' and 'its all for public face' are quite amusing. Either you don't want to believe it or you're in some sort of denial. You don't mind if I quote you directly to Jagex about this do you? After all if they are doing this as a public relations exercise then they are misleading their players.

I've been doing this long enough to remember what I was always told of the selection process. I, as a result, have been telling that to people whenever they asked. I'm not denying that there have been changes, as that article and the recent knowledge base update point out there is a new level of openness. My opinion is that the selection process did not change as radically as you claim.

You keep citing that article as proof that things have changed. You have not, however, given any citations of what it was like previously except what Jagex says it was like, and that's in that same article. You're probably going to either ignore this or blow it off, but I really do not believe you can be taken seriously when you cite a recent article for your claim that Jagex changed the system because all mods were in it for the status symbol.

Which leads to another problem. Your whole point is that all player moderators were in it for the status. Your only source is an article about changes to the moderator system. So, since the system is changing it means you were right all along and all player moderators are in it for the status? Wrong. The status still exists. The previous moderators you so despise still exist. The focus is merely shifting to include the rest of the community. In fact...

Moderators are, of course, still able to escalate dodgy situations straight to us. This combined with their silver crown means that theyre able to deter and help remove rule breakers from the game in a flash, which is unquestionably important.

From your own source. What does it mean, I ask you?

Before you come to silence me with "But Jagex says it in the article! Are you calling them liars?", I will say that my comments about the previous system also came from Jagex. I may be a broken record, because i keep saying it, yet it keeps being ignored: "I have been telling people for years that moderators are not selected as much on reports as on maturity, because that's what Jagex said" with a few different words here and there. Chances are they're lying to one of us then...

And on a more personally satisfying note... :twisted:

You don't mind if I quote you directly to Jagex about this do you? After all if they are doing this as a public relations exercise then they are misleading their players.

I would have thought after this many pages of you looking down on moderators you'd at least try to be above them. If we're all on the same level, though, that makes it so much easier... Though feel free to if it makes you feel better.

Firstly, I don't think everyone likes PMods. Heck, even I don't like a few of them. And yes, I wouldn't listen to just one person to know about something. (or call it my research :roll: ) And actually, I have no problems with the changes Jagex made in case you err...'failed to read the previous post' entirely.

I've used Lancer for a number of reasons. He's ex pmod and very experienced. He's savvy enough to know what goes on. Hes done the job before which makes his points a little more weighted. His descriptions of current pmods may be pretty blunt, probably because hes registering his disgust of how pmods now work. Its good that you have no problems with the changes Jagex have made, because I certainly dont.

So there are no 'nice' people in the PMods Community... :roll:

I have never denied there were some good mods in the game, who tried to apply at least some common sense. I thought you said you'd read this post as this was discussed ages ago.

Ever heard of predictions? Instincts? Getting a general idea by looking around?

Really? I don't recall any of them making predictions before the Jagex post. You ever heard of saving face?

I have nothing against Bluelancer. Infact, I have nothing against anyone. You dragged him into the conversation, making him your sole 'evidence' that PMods are bad. And anyway, I'm actually in denial of what? Didn't I already say I don't mind the new changes?

No, you're conveniently using him to hide away from points. Not minding changes is one thing, but ignoring their points in debate is something else.

Research: 1 person constitutes an entire survey or many.

And to answer your question (incase you get a reason not to reply) - he was honest about himself. Is that so bad? He admitted he wanted the crown. Did EVERY Pmod admit that?

So if he is honest you're agreeing his statement is true then. Most people probably wouldn't have gone for modship with no crown and most would be upset if they lost the crown. Pretty conclusive or are these more bad eggs? Do you honestly think that pmods would come on here and admit they reported for a status symbol? Theyd have been crucified by their own kind as well as none-mods.

Good grief... :roll:

Dealing here means talking and helping them out. I thought you had the common sense to get out that meaning since I used it along with 'interact'?

Ahhhh right. So do you agree that Jagex want to move away from recruiting mods via reporting, and use more player analysis? Actually selecting recruits who fit in more with interaction?

Now why would Jagex want to do this?

I don't say all PMods are great. And wasn't this quote to prove that PMods played a part in reducing Macroing? So where did this 'PMods are great stuff' pop in? Don't have any actual evidence (didn't believe you had anyway) about that quote of yours? I provided my evidence of how they played a part. Where's yours?

I believe you said The current crop of Mods are brilliant (with a few exceptions as in every group) in an earlier post. You denying this now? My proof is my own personal experience of asking questions that many a pmod simply does not want to answer. I don't need to screenshot them as I'll let them fall on their own sword.

I've come to a conclusion. To you logic agrees with you. If it does not it is not logical. How ever many pages are in this thread gave me the idea, that one post confirms it.

-snip-

I've been doing this long enough to remember what I was always told of the selection process. I, as a result, have been telling that to people whenever they asked. I'm not denying that there have been changes, as that article and the recent knowledge base update point out there is a new level of openness. My opinion is that the selection process did not change as radically as you claim.

Ok. So going from basing selection via reports to basing selection via player analysis isnt radical change? Do you include in that the threads on the RS forums inviting players to nominate themselves or others instead of Jagex picking by reports as not radical either? Or the masses of posts on the subject on the RS forums?

Local_guy you were picked because of your reporting. You can either accept this or continue saying you didnt. Your choice.

You keep citing that article as proof that things have changed. You have not, however, given any citations of what it was like previously except what Jagex says it was like, and that's in that same article. You're probably going to either ignore this or blow it off, but I really do not believe you can be taken seriously when you cite a recent article for your claim that Jagex changed the system because all mods were in it for the status symbol.

Which leads to another problem. Your whole point is that all player moderators were in it for the status. Your only source is an article about changes to the moderator system. So, since the system is changing it means you were right all along and all player moderators are in it for the status? Wrong. The status still exists. The previous moderators you so despise still exist. The focus is merely shifting to include the rest of the community. In fact...

Moderators are, of course, still able to escalate dodgy situations straight to us. This combined with their silver crown means that theyre able to deter and help remove rule breakers from the game in a flash, which is unquestionably important.

On the subject of FUTURE MODS - Up until recently, one of the main criteria wed look for when inviting moderators would be how many reports theyve sent and how good those reports were How much more honest do you want Jagex to be? I think it pretty much hits the nail on the head. Dont you? Are you now going to tell me that Jagex didnt actually mean this?

So how did pmods get noticed in the first place? Their reporting. This encouraged, not deterred, players to report other players because they felt they needed a symbol.

Absolutely correct that the status still will exist. If Jagex gets this right we will have pmods who are actually fit to do the job. Jagex would not change your role if they didnt feel they need to. As far as the quote Moderators are, of course, still able to escalate dodgy situations straight to us. This combined with their silver crown means that theyre able to deter and help remove rule breakers from the game in a flash, which is unquestionably important youve neglected offering re-written guidance, putting much less emphasis on excessive reporting to their current pmods.

Before you come to silence me with "But Jagex says it in the article! Are you calling them liars?", I will say that my comments about the previous system also came from Jagex. I may be a broken record, because i keep saying it, yet it keeps being ignored: "I have been telling people for years that moderators are not selected as much on reports as on maturity, because that's what Jagex said" with a few different words here and there. Chances are they're lying to one of us then...

If this was the case and the system was perfectly fine, it wouldnt be changed. Who am I supposed to believe? You or your boss?

You don't mind if I quote you directly to Jagex about this do you? After all if they are doing this as a public relations exercise then they are misleading their players.

I would have thought after this many pages of you looking down on moderators you'd at least try to be above them. If we're all on the same level, though, that makes it so much easier... Though feel free to if it makes you feel better.

You came to me along the lines I know Jagex said that but theyre just saying it, wont happen, theyve said stuff before and never done it. You just tried to get smart with that one and it backfired on you completely. Serves you right. I never did report it, I just knew it would rattle you a little. Some of us dont need to report things to make us feel better about ourselves. ;)

-snip-

Ok. So going from basing selection via reports to basing selection via player analysis isnt radical change? Do you include in that the threads on the RS forums inviting players to nominate themselves or others instead of Jagex picking by reports as not radical either? Or the masses of posts on the subject on the RS forums?

You assume that the posts on the subject are the absolute truth. I do not. Whether they changed parts of the method is unimportant when compared to the parts they advertise as being changed.

Local_guy you were picked because of your reporting. You can either accept this or continue saying you didnt. Your choice.

Except that myself and, chances are, many other current mods, sent very few reports before being modded. I only remember sending a handful beforehand.

On the subject of FUTURE MODS - Up until recently, one of the main criteria wed look for when inviting moderators would be how many reports theyve sent and how good those reports were How much more honest do you want Jagex to be? I think it pretty much hits the nail on the head. Dont you? Are you now going to tell me that Jagex didnt actually mean this?

Yes, I've been saying that because it's the opposite of what every source until it has said.

So how did pmods get noticed in the first place? Their reporting. This encouraged, not deterred, players to report other players because they felt they needed a symbol.

And how many of them actually earned their status symbol? How many of the actual deserving players who barely reported unless necessary did?

Absolutely correct that the status still will exist. If Jagex gets this right we will have pmods who are actually fit to do the job. Jagex would not change your role if they didnt feel they need to. As far as the quote Moderators are, of course, still able to escalate dodgy situations straight to us. This combined with their silver crown means that theyre able to deter and help remove rule breakers from the game in a flash, which is unquestionably important youve neglected offering re-written guidance, putting much less emphasis on excessive reporting to their current pmods.

As you've assumed that most former mods did not already do that, and did not already fit a plan that was probably originally written by them.

If this was the case and the system was perfectly fine, it wouldnt be changed. Who am I supposed to believe? You or your boss?

Seeing as how "my boss" made both claims, you're free to choose whichever you feel is right.

You came to me along the lines I know Jagex said that but theyre just saying it, wont happen, theyve said stuff before and never done it. You just tried to get smart with that one and it backfired on you completely.

Actually I'm debating that point because you seem to think the change confirms your theory that all mods were in it for the status. This is the focus now, I gave my opinion on it, not that it 'won't happen' but that this is not entirely different from what it was.

Serves you right. I never did report it, I just knew it would rattle you a little. Some of us dont need to report things to make us feel better about ourselves. ;)

I've used Lancer for a number of reasons. He's ex pmod and very experienced. He's savvy enough to know what goes on. Hes done the job before which makes his points a little more weighted. His descriptions of current pmods may be pretty blunt, probably because hes registering his disgust of how pmods now work. Its good that you have no problems with the changes Jagex have made, because I certainly dont.

Are you blind? Can't you see you are using **ONE** person's statements? Yes, one! If you still can't grasp this, I have nothing more to talk to you, since you are avoiding this statement always.

Really? I don't recall any of them making predictions before the Jagex post. You ever heard of saving face?

They can't have thought "This is going to happen" and not broadcast to the world? Heard of keeping your instincts to yourself until you find they are valid?

No, you're conveniently using him to hide away from points. Not minding changes is one thing, but ignoring their points in debate is something else.

I haven't ignored any of your points (which I can't say for you though).

So if he is honest you're agreeing his statement is true then. Most people probably wouldn't have gone for modship with no crown and most would be upset if they lost the crown. Pretty conclusive or are these more bad eggs? Do you honestly think that pmods would come on here and admit they reported for a status symbol? Theyd have been crucified by their own kind as well as none-mods.

Again...acting dumb or what? You have conveniently missed my line in the same quote you quoted or lets say trying to 'hide from points'.

Does one person constitute a survey or many?

I said he was honest about himself. He didn't say all PMods do that. This is an irritating analogy of yours - 1 does this, so thousands do this too. Wow.

Ahhhh right. So do you agree that Jagex want to move away from recruiting mods via reporting, and use more player analysis? Actually selecting recruits who fit in more with interaction?

I thought I was saying they were already doing this?

I believe you said The current crop of Mods are brilliant (with a few exceptions as in every group) in an earlier post. You denying this now? My proof is my own personal experience of asking questions that many a pmod simply does not want to answer. I don't need to screenshot them as I'll let them fall on their own sword.

OMG :wall:

Weren't we talking about MACROING? Where did this pop in? Provide your evidence for your earlier quote on Macroing or just keep quiet and stop spewing trash.

Wow, talk about hiding from points : =P~

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

You assume that the posts on the subject are the absolute truth. I do not. Whether they changed parts of the method is unimportant when compared to the parts they advertise as being changed.

Except that myself and, chances are, many other current mods, sent very few reports before being modded. I only remember sending a handful beforehand.

So you're saying Jagex have told a pack of lies?

Yes, I've been saying that because it's the opposite of what every source until it has said.

The more you write the worse this is getting............................

And how many of them actually earned their status symbol? How many of the actual deserving players who barely reported unless necessary did?

According to Jagex your reports came first. Again you're disputing what your boss says?

As you've assumed that most former mods did not already do that, and did not already fit a plan that was probably originally written by them.

No, I KNOW they didn't do it. When are you going to fathom out that the system was changed for a reason? You don't change direction if the system was working as it was. Most importantly, you don't change the type of mod you're after if the likes of yourself and those you claim are great were the right types of players in the first place.

Seeing as how "my boss" made both claims, you're free to choose whichever you feel is right.

Who is telling the truth? You or Jagex?

Actually I'm debating that point because you seem to think the change confirms your theory that all mods were in it for the status. This is the focus now, I gave my opinion on it, not that it 'won't happen' but that this is not entirely different from what it was.

The criteria that you were selected against didn't exactly take much of an effort. Any monkey can hit the report button and look to catch players out and please don't give me the bull that they did it for the good of the game. They wouldn't have done it in most cases without a crown. It wasn't actually a secret to know this went on, and some pmods will admit to it if you're tactful with them for long enough. You don't actually believe looking at the type of player rather than what they report is more conclusive?

It seems the more you post the more you are countering what Jagex say themselves. This gives me a series of possible conclusions and neither of them are desirable. Which one is the most suitable for this situation?:

a) You're not telling the truth.

B) The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Jagex say one thing and you do your own thing.

c) You're in denial, and pretenting its not happening as you don't want to believe it.

d) Jagex aren't telling the truth.

Are you blind? Can't you see you are using **ONE** person's statements? Yes, one! If you still can't grasp this, I have nothing more to talk to you, since you are avoiding this statement always.

I answered that one completely and in detail.

They can't have thought "This is going to happen" and not broadcast to the world? Heard of keeping your instincts to yourself until you find they are valid?

None of them spoke, suggested, hinted or even said community moderation might be a good idea.. They didnt have a clue.

I haven't ignored any of your points (which I can't say for you though).

Are you sure? I seem to be doing just fine. The points are all answered in the posts. Read on a little further.

Again...acting dumb or what? You have conveniently missed my line in the same quote you quoted or lets say trying to 'hide from points'.

Does one person constitute a survey or many?

I said he was honest about himself. He didn't say all PMods do that. This is an irritating analogy of yours - 1 does this, so thousands do this too. Wow.

In your haste to post you havent considered this point at all. Who is the more dumb? Me or the one who didnt read the statement properly? Read it again very carefully this time. I let this go the first time but seeing as youre going for the dumb insults lets see if you answer the point.

I believe he is making a point that most players wouldnt have gone for the modship without the crown. He is speaking for the many. Now, answer the original question.

I thought I was saying they were already doing this?

So you agree with the points. So why would Jagex do it? Answer that point. Incidentally a_local_guy (current pmod) is posting that things like this arent actually going on and that his guidance is much different. So you agree but a_local_guy disagrees. Who is right? He claims this:

and this:

Another bad egg or honest?

OMG :wall:

Weren't we talking about MACROING? Where did this pop in? Provide your evidence for your earlier quote on Macroing or just keep quiet and stop spewing trash.

I believe you posted this:

don't say all PMods are great. And wasn't this quote to prove that PMods played a part in reducing Macroing? So where did this 'PMods are great stuff' pop in? Don't have any actual evidence (didn't believe you had anyway) about that quote of yours? I provided my evidence of how they played a part. Where's yours?

So I answered it.

Wow, talk about hiding from points : =P~

Yes, you do. Instead of hastily typing out things without thinking about what youre really saying, take the time to consider your points more. I know youre trying to be clever about things instead of debating the more serious points and only answering what you think you can answer. Youd look less of a fool if you halted with the dumb, blind and other comments and thought about what youre doing.

At this point i don't even know why your arguing about how mature pmods are.

The topic clearly asks weather Pmods are about Status or purpose, and seeing as a normal player can do everything a pmod can do, its pretty clear its a status symbol.

I agree. You've seen the post, you've seen the denials and you know about Jagex's change in direction yet only a few have even tried to tackle it in debate.

A much bigger picture is developing here. Have you noticed the attitudes from the some of the pmods and their friends on here yet? Hardly any of them have any skills in dealing with people. While I'm no saint its apparent that some of their attitudes range from the superiority complex to the gutter of name calling. They believe that because they are a pmod or a friend of one, I cannot possibly be telling the truth or even Jagex aren't telling the truth :shock: . Make your own mind up.

It gives a much wider portrayal as why Jagex are changing their tune. Its guys like these they want to avoid as future pmods.