Melee, Ranging, and Two Slight Diversions

Hegel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about taking ancient mace for special = extra prayer points.

Not worth giving up DDS.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Excellent guide, your explanation is as clear as it can be and the videos enlighten me even more =D> now off-topic for a second: what piano compositions did you use in those videos? I absolutely loved the background music.

Cannon by Bach if im not mistaken. Might wanna check it on YT, though youll find loads of guitar covers :P

Very nice guide, AOW anyone? \' :thumbsup:

Not sure if anyone has said this, but Canon was not made by Bach! It was composed by Johan Pachelbel, thus it's called Pachelbel Canon :D

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Would a D2H spec be useful in taking out massive amounts of Apes on low HP? The spec can hi up to 14 enemies, so could take out a good chunk of HP, and and be used fairly often, as it only takes up 60% of the spec bar.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I tried out the dharoking method... It most likely is the fastest melee XP in the game - I got about 110k def xp/hour with 87 att/str and the rune minotaur.

Though, the method's really inefficient for me since with only 70 prayer, trips are very short and expensive. Seems like it's not worth using till at LEAST 80 prayer :\

77yLQy8.png

=D> I have gotten 99 ranged already with a little help to these nice little things, though i used primarily red. this guide seems to hold the majority of things that i did thanks for letting others know about hits

also, some people did magic here, dont know just how amazing it is for xp, but im sure it is good, if you wanna add that sometime

halt957.png Halt957-Eagle_shot98.gif

notable drops: 1 ARMADYL HILT, 7 armadyl chestplates, 6 armadyl plateskirts, 4 armadyl helmets, 5 bandos tassets, 5 bandos hilts, 6 bandos boots (one solo from minion, another from ls ftl...), 2 sara swords, 2 steam staves, over 25 shards

Barrows: 1 dragon med, 1 verac helm, 1 verac skirt, 1 verac flail, 1 karil top, 1 dh plate, 1 ahrim's top

Don't mage at Apes. I bursted for 94 Magic and I regret it. I only got 150k exp an hour and spent nearly 30m. I was pretty bad at it, but still, it was terrible.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Would a D2H spec be useful in taking out massive amounts of Apes on low HP? The spec can hi up to 14 enemies, so could take out a good chunk of HP, and and be used fairly often, as it only takes up 60% of the spec bar.

I think I addressed this somewhere in the previous posts. Anyway, I tried it and found it to be too much of a hassle to be worth using.

[hide=99 range]99range022425.png[/hide]

Got it some time ago, just here to say my thanks. (:

NP :)

I tried out the dharoking method... It most likely is the fastest melee XP in the game - I got about 110k def xp/hour with 87 att/str and the rune minotaur.

Though, the method's really inefficient for me since with only 70 prayer, trips are very short and expensive. Seems like it's not worth using till at LEAST 80 prayer :\

Indeed, due to the high prayer usage of this method, a high prayer level is certainly highly recommended.

=D> I have gotten 99 ranged already with a little help to these nice little things, though i used primarily red. this guide seems to hold the majority of things that i did thanks for letting others know about hits

also, some people did magic here, dont know just how amazing it is for xp, but im sure it is good, if you wanna add that sometime

Don't mage at Apes. I bursted for 94 Magic and I regret it. I only got 150k exp an hour and spent nearly 30m. I was pretty bad at it, but still, it was terrible.

Just to add to that, bursting/barraging the skeletons isn't quite as effective as one would expect it to be, mainly because the freezing tends to mess up the natural bone distribution. If you are really intent on training magic via these ancient spells, I suggest rock lobsters instead.

Hegel.png

Getting There

Contrary to popular belief, the fastest way to get to the Ape Atoll dungeon is not via the teleport (as the dungeon entrance is rather far from the teleport spot), but rather the gnome glider. To get there:

1. Teleport to Al Kharid

2. Run North-east to your cactus plant to pick 3 spines

3. Run West to take the Gnome Glider to Grandius

4. Take the ladder down 2 floors and head west to the bank

5. Head east and talk to Daero to get to the Gnome Glider Hanger

6. Talk to Waydar to get to Crash Island

7. Talk to Lumdo to get to Ape Atoll

8. Hold your greegree and head west to the dungeon entrance

9. Head into the dungeon and continue along the path until you reach the chinning spot

It is advised that you ensure that you conserve your energy so that you have 100% when you enter the dungeon.

For step number three, "Run West to take the Gnome Glider to Grandius," do you mean to take it to Ta Quir Priw, "The Grand Tree."

Great guide, using it for 99 range thanks man.

• 2 weeks later...

The range guide was excellent, the first time I went down there for I felt like I understood the basics of it. Now that I've been camping down there a while, I think you should explain why you don't want the bones conglomerating on each other. I didn't realize why at first, so I just let them pile up into one dot and it took me a while before I realized that only one bone can regenerate per spot per spawn. Also, if you have to log out, it's nice to collect 8 or 9 bones if you have the inventory at that point in your trip, and then when you log back in you can set them up in a square and the first time you kill a monkey, those 9 bones will be included in the regen. It makes a nice way to get back into the cycle quickly without having to lose xp per chin by throwing at 4-5 monkeys. I don't think those two things were included in your guide. I think that's the only thing that was missing, other than that - great guide!

Edit: Also, you have a typo. "As you may have noticed, there are more pros than cons. However, the pros enable a ranged xp to be obtained at a rate vastly superior to all other methods, and this is what is most important. Furthermore, the cons are rather insignificant, and they can be easily reduced or indeed negated through experience." I do believe the first bolded part should be "there are more cons than pros" - and the second bolded part should say "However, the pros enable ranged xp." You have an extra "a" in there.

Birdd-1.png

[spoiler=Levels]Birdd.png

The range guide was excellent, the first time I went down there for I felt like I understood the basics of it. Now that I've been camping down there a while, I think you should explain why you don't want the bones conglomerating on each other. I didn't realize why at first, so I just let them pile up into one dot and it took me a while before I realized that only one bone can regenerate per spot per spawn. Also, if you have to log out, it's nice to collect 8 or 9 bones if you have the inventory at that point in your trip, and then when you log back in you can set them up in a square and the first time you kill a monkey, those 9 bones will be included in the regen. It makes a nice way to get back into the cycle quickly without having to lose xp per chin by throwing at 4-5 monkeys. I don't think those two things were included in your guide. I think that's the only thing that was missing, other than that - great guide!

Edit: Also, you have a typo. "As you may have noticed, there are more pros than cons. However, the pros enable a ranged xp to be obtained at a rate vastly superior to all other methods, and this is what is most important. Furthermore, the cons are rather insignificant, and they can be easily reduced or indeed negated through experience." I do believe the first bolded part should be "there are more cons than pros" - and the second bolded part should say "However, the pros enable ranged xp." You have an extra "a" in there.

Thought I had those points covered, I shall get to them.

Yes, I do mean more cons than pros. And yes, I added the 'a' by mistake, thanks for point that out. It is observant readers like you that weed out the subtler incorrectnesses.

Hegel.png

edude999"]Yo great guide but wage another good chinnin places were u get charms? I really don't care about slower exp but really rather get charms on the way to 99 range. Thx and again great guide

Nechrayls (sp?) You need 80 slayer.

edude999"]Yo great guide but wage another good chinnin places were u get charms? I really don't care about slower exp but really rather get charms on the way to 99 range. Thx and again great guide

Nechrayls (sp?) You need 80 slayer.

I don't have anywhere close to 80 slayer so anythin else(idk if I want to get 80 slayer, not sure)

spikedude999.png

Going P2P again soon.

Your ranged guide is excellent, just finished a trip there with reds, my hourly rate was roughly that which stated it shall be in terms of using your algorithm.

However, I noticed a few problems with your Dharoking section. Namely these two things:

Dharok armour CAN be used to train defence

Dharok's Greataxe is NOT Battleaxe speed, it is 2 handed speed.

And for someone else who asked this question and was misinformed,

A Salve Amulet / Salve Amulet (e) CAN be used effectively on the skeletons.

And in all situations meleeing,

EITHER version of the amulet > Void Melee Gear. The regular Salve gives a 15% accuracy and strength boost, making it the same as Void Melee. However keep in mind, a single amulet is quivalent to a 4-item set. Using the amulet in lieu of the Void, you now have a gloves, legs, plate, and helm spot availible to further boost your accuracy or strength. The enchanted Salve gives a 20% boost, making it superior to Void Melee, in addition to the previously mentioned bonuses.

Great guide, just a few mistakes, none major.

EITHER version of the amulet > Void Melee Gear. The regular Salve gives a 15% accuracy and strength boost, making it the same as Void Melee. However keep in mind, a single amulet is quivalent to a 4-item set. Using the amulet in lieu of the Void, you now have a gloves, legs, plate, and helm spot availible to further boost your accuracy or strength. The enchanted Salve gives a 20% boost, making it superior to Void Melee, in addition to the previously mentioned bonuses.

Void and salve stack.

Edit:I did come here to ask a question, and forgot. #-o

How long does a trip of dharok's usually last? Just the length of 1 pouch? Or of 2, one of which is summoned when you come?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Your ranged guide is excellent, just finished a trip there with reds, my hourly rate was roughly that which stated it shall be in terms of using your algorithm.

However, I noticed a few problems with your Dharoking section. Namely these two things:

Dharok armour CAN be used to train defence

Dharok's Greataxe is NOT Battleaxe speed, it is 2 handed speed.

I remember being told told those two points about the greataxe some time ago. However, I cannot find where I state that the greataxe cannot train defence or is battleaxe speed anywhere in the guide.

I think the person was asking if Salve can be used for ranging. In which case, the answer is no, since the amulet only helps with melee. Also, if you are using Dharok's, you can't use void, so I am not sure why you are talking about it.

Thanks for the corrections though.

Hegel.png

Okay still a question.....

About chining: please tell me if there are any other monsters to chin on that DROP charms. I could care less about slower exp, it's better than wasting time killing things and still have a low Summ.

Meleeing: aren't monkey guards better? They are a load more cheaper(theres an altar so u only need maybe 3 ppots jus in case they block ur path. I also believe trips last longer cause u aren't relying on ppots. Also Jagex released something awhile ago that protects u from suicide. Now u CANNOT kill urself by rock cake, fishing explosives etc. But can still hurt urself. Anyway at the guards ull never need to bank(until ur armour wears down.

My suggested inventory(tell me if I'm missing something important.

1 extra set of full Dharoks(4slots)

3 Pray Pots(4)

2 Super Antipoisons(4)<------- there are poisonous spiders that can *surprise* poison u.

1 Rock Cake----to get low on hp

3 Summoning Familier Pouches----that should be enough but bring more if they don't last long

3 Summ Pots(4)

4 super Atks(4)

4 Super Strengths(4)

Wearing:

Full dharoks

Fury or glory

Skill cape(t) or god cape for prayer bonus

Barrows gloves

Zerker or wealth ring*

Bandos or d boots

*idk if teh drop stuff

Idk noif they drop anything good or if they drop charms but I think thats all u need

Also I don't not no how long the armour lasts torso bring more or less pots as needed. Prayer pots are for those just in case scenarios wen the guards don't move outta ur way. I'd start heading toward the altar around 15 p points so I kill any apes in ur way

spikedude999.png

Going P2P again soon.