3rd March 2009 - Deposit-all feature and more + Patch Notes

Singh

I'm gonna sum up the updates so far this year and what is sure to follow. I'm not gonna call it good or bad or anything. I can express it with a single sentiment.

*yawn*

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna sum up the updates so far this year and what is sure to follow. I'm not gonna call it good or bad or anything. I can express it with a single sentiment.

*yawn*

Tired from playing Runescape more due to the updates that improve the game play? \'

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm all for improving the game, but these are *bleep*ing glorified patch notes! :evil:

I think provided we get proper updates (read quests/diaries/minigames/new areas) every few weeks too, i'm happy that little things like this are released rather than it going 2 or 3 weeks with no updates at all.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Loving the update. Anyone got the patch notes off the forums?

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Really, people have been wanting them to do this all along. Improve the excisting content instead of creating new content. I must say I'm a bit let down when I see a deposit-all feature instead of a Developmet Diary or even the 150th quest though. Noone can really complain though, seeing as this is what we asked for. But honestly, does it take a week to code a deposit-all feature and a carried items value-check?

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

[removed patch notes as now edited into first post]

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

God people know how to whine their [wagon] off.

If any one paid attention they have been alternating weekly between upgrades and new content.

If you ignore the delayed updates last week was the evil tree aka NEW CONTENT

So anyone with half a brain cell could easily realise this week was gonna be some upgrades

Yeah, and it was an Evil Tree. And Soul Wars was a mini-game I won't ever play, though I don't say it's bad, just not my thing.

This game is getting dull for me.

Then stop playing and move on. Seriously. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

They need to be adding more than this or it will take forever.

Add some more agility shortcuts ect too. I imagine that will be forgotten.

That said.. They are useful 'upgrades' but rather lacking. I consider an 'upgrade' to be what they did to the bank ages ago when adding the tab feature. This is just a miner addition that wouldnt of taken very much effort/coding.

No offence to the guy who coded it + etc. Apparently being the main upgrade I am sure it was very fulfilling for him/her.... And then went home early. :-#

You can now buy back a bullroarer for the cost of an oomlie wrap when undertaking the Legends Quest.

Just had to point this out to the over-excitables'.

This patch note clearly says they made it so you can buy it back WHILE DOING the quest

It doesn't say anything about AFTER the quest.

To me it sounds more like they finally fixed that fact that if you die and lose it you can't finish the quest, than anything else.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If any one paid attention they have been alternating weekly between upgrades and new content.

So anyone with half a brain cell could easily realise this week was gonna be some upgrades

Yeah, and it was an Evil Tree. And Soul Wars was a mini-game I won't ever play, though I don't say it's bad, just not my thing.

Then stop playing and move on. Seriously. Nobody is forcing you to play the game.

No, I was pretty happy with how they were developing the game. It kept me happy. I don't like how they're doing it now.

I know nobody is forcing me to play the game, but I've put too much effort and time into this game to just give up on it. I just really don't like the direction they're taking the game.

They say they wanted more transparency and honesty and they wanted to gear the game away from little kids. That's great and all, but for the game itself, it's coming up short.

Very short.

*Edit* And I don't care how many people think it's great or say that I'm complaning. Just because a bunch of people like it or don't like it doesn't make it right or wrong. A lot of people hated them nerfing the wild, but doesn't mean it was the right or wrong choice. I think where they are heading is somewhere I might not want to follow for too much longer.

No, I was pretty happy with how they were developing the game. It kept me happy. I don't like how they're doing it now.

I know nobody is forcing me to play the game, but I've put too much effort and time into this game to just give up on it. I just really don't like the direction they're taking the game.

They say they wanted more transparency and honesty and they wanted to gear the game away from little kids. That's great and all, but for the game itself, it's coming up short.

Very short.

You seem to have an inability to seperate personal distaste from a critical viewpoint.

Soulwars is currently one of the most popular minigames.

Evil Trees are FLOODED everytime they pop up and already have many clan chats tracking them

Just because they did not directly appeal to you does not make them poor updates

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I never said Evil Tree was bad. I didn't say Soul Wars is bad. They personally aren't my thing. Jagex used to offer a lot more variety of things to do is my point.

I guess one of my main issues besides the boring updates is this moving towards having a lot more team or multiple people based content. I'm not digging that.

I agree with a another poster who said that these are the types of updates that affect us for the rest of our RS career. I'm no where near maxed, I don't have any 99's, and I haven't even played every minigame. If I don't get any new content for a few weeks, I have no right to complain. There are plenty of options to keep me busy.

That said, I'm digging these little upgrades.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.