3rd March 2009 - Deposit-all feature and more + Patch Notes

Singh

I'm gonna sum up the updates so far this year and what is sure to follow. I'm not gonna call it good or bad or anything. I can express it with a single sentiment.

*yawn*

They used to do about 1 update a month, they have stepped it up now to 2 big updates each month, and 2 weeks of bug fixes, you don't need something brand new to do every week. Play the game for what it is, not what updates are released each week, you dont have a single 99 and your stats are not that high, go train them before you complain that there is nothing in the game. I am very happy currently with the updates we get, and each week they are making the game slightly better. I don't need a HUGE update with new quests and miningames every week, I am currently happy with training my skills as they are.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having mixed feelings about the chin update,

More chins = faster xp :thumbup:

Faster xp = more people will train hunter :thumbdown:

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

Of course, this new feature can also be used on normal worlds particularly useful if you want to find out how much you would lose if those pesky, stone-throwing trolls finally got you...

Should it not be "get you" not "got you"

good small updates, i like the bank all one most :mrgreen:

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

Semi-quit about two weeks ago. I'm waiting for something to bring me back into the game. This just isn't it. :(

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Jagex can't appeal to everybody. Instead of just saying "OMFG NUUU!!! I QUIT I HATE JAGEX" why not offer some constructive criticism for what they should do next time?

It seems to me like the new CEO is actually reading the suggestions people make and going through with them. I enjoy this update a lot and I don't get what all you people want. Not everybody is gonna be happy, but at least try to appreciate it.

All your doing is taking these updates for granted. What if they just decided to stop updating it? How would you feel then?

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Ok, nice.. two tiny little features. Imo nothing more than a semi-bugfix.

Oh well, beats nothing.

It's a bit late in the day for any of it to help you much. :) For me it has the potential to save quite alot of time!

i_j00_m0m.png

The stars are matter, we're matter, but it doesn't matter.

-Don Van Vliet

what does thet red chinchompa update mean :idea:

It basically won't change much. The extra chins will make more people come which won't change the speed you get them by much. More people will train hunter and range and the price of chins will drop.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Well, some people just flat out hate hunter. I just hope the amount of player stays the same so that the density decreases.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Well, some people just flat out hate hunter. I just hope the amount of player stays the same so that the density decreases.

Correction I think:

more chins = less competition

less competition = short term surge of new hunters and more chins in-game

Which means overcrowding (AGAIN) and a price crash

Then the surge dies

more chins = perfect number of spots if no excess spots = price goes bk up and stabilises probably not far short of current price as more chins = each hutner done faster so noly ahrdcore hunter remain longterm

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I'd rather have this then yet another minigame I'll barely play, or a quest I'd only do once. This seems useful for the rest of my RS life. Personally I really, really like Jagex spending more time on these small updates which make RS a whole less easier.

I feel the same way about the quests/minigames, and even the small updates, but this update was just [cabbage]ty and useless. Complete waste of a week.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

I'm gonna sum up the updates so far this year and what is sure to follow. I'm not gonna call it good or bad or anything. I can express it with a single sentiment.

*yawn*

They used to do about 1 update a month, they have stepped it up now to 2 big updates each month, and 2 weeks of bug fixes, you don't need something brand new to do every week. Play the game for what it is, not what updates are released each week, you dont have a single 99 and your stats are not that high, go train them before you complain that there is nothing in the game. I am very happy currently with the updates we get, and each week they are making the game slightly better. I don't need a HUGE update with new quests and miningames every week, I am currently happy with training my skills as they are.

Well said. ADD runs quite rampant on these forums, apparently.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Just a glorified patch notes, as has been said before.

Really need a quest. I don't care if the 150th quest is a mediocre quest, but at least make it a fairly long one that's better than that stupid Phoenix or Christmas quest. Those quests were pretty much just add-ons to other content. While Guthix Sleeps already seemed to be their 'big' quest anyway. I guess they are just trying to live up to the hype or something and delay the 150th quest for a long time which is going to be so annoying. Honestly, quests are one of the best things about RuneScape by far, and a dry streak of quests is just painful. It really helps to break up the monotony of skilling and is just a fun adventure in itself.

Hmmm, I liike how they are doing these little fixes, i love the concept of tidying up exisyting content,. however what they are improving on was so small in todays update, i dont consider this weeks update as anything significant.... now the original bank changes were an improvement, this is just a 10min coding job.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

I agree that this was small. But it's still useful so quit whining people and just wait for a week. It's only 7 days before you have another update to complain about -.- .

I'm thinking that if they're not putting much out now, then they're working on more important bigger things, quest 150 for example :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I think this update was great, and all that was needed for this week. Small little updates that make a world of difference in everyday game play.

Sometimes I feel like players don't realize how spoiled they were with Jagex's past updating.

Only a few years ago, players would be lucky if they received one updating a MONTH. Nowadays players are update hungry and complain even if an update is on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week.

I think you should be grateful for getting any updates at all, as most online MMORPG's don't update even half or 1/10 times as often as RuneScape does. We don't really need a Godsword and a Huge Quest/Minigame every single week, as all those updates overwhelm us over time. But some of you are complaining just that, that we don't get a new Godsword and Minigame every week.

There are millions of activities in RuneScape to do. Don't limit yourself just to New Updates to keep you satisfied.[/rant]

dawnsigblue-3.png

-cough-i suggested this-cough-

so i obv will like it :P its very annoying banking everything after camping at hostly warriors or a slayer task or after a 20 min break at the duel arena so thiss will help

ALOT. i dont see why so many people dislike it,sure its small but its still a nice addition :thumbsup:

notasandwich000457.png

lolwot125740.png

I think this update was great, and all that was needed for this week. Small little updates that make a world of difference in everyday game play.

Sometimes I feel like players don't realize how spoiled they were with Jagex's past updating.

Only a few years ago, players would be lucky if they received one updating a MONTH. Nowadays players are update hungry and complain even if an update is on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week.

I think you should be grateful for getting any updates at all, as most online MMORPG's don't update even half or 1/10 times as often as RuneScape does. We don't really need a Godsword and a Huge Quest/Minigame every single week, as all those updates overwhelm us over time. But some of you are complaining just that, that we don't get a new Godsword and Minigame every week.

There are millions of activities in RuneScape to do. Don't limit yourself just to New Updates to keep you satisfied.[/rant]

But, this is a very lackluster update. The bank tabs and search engine released last year was a true improvement- this is just a piddling little tweak that has a minimalistic impact on the gaming experience. When I heard this was going to be a fix-it/improvement year, I was pleased. But the largest improvement released so far was the Random Removal- something promised early last year. Or maybe even in December 07. The only other that came close was the removal of the censor and I have very mixed feelings about that.

And saying that other games don't update nearly as frequently is not a good idea. As anyone who compares Runescape to another game in a negative way can attest, players constantly say Runescape is not other games. If we want to go that route, why not ask why Runescape's combat is so antiquated compared to WoW or AoR? Or why other games have free markets and we don't? And so on and so forth.

Although I agree we don't have the need for something big EVERY week, the content updates I've seen recently have been... repugnant to me. The only quest of the year was a tutorial for a new Distraction, and the rest were minigames and more Distractions. True, we're only two months in, but so far I've been very disappointed and have seen no reason to renew membership. And this glorified patch does nothing to change that.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I loved this update, I would prefer this over a crappy mini-game no one will use any day (I'm not referring to soul wars).

Farming update in the skill list? very useful.

Bank update? Love it.

Price check-oh wait that was last week. Either way, love it.

I have plenty to do in Runescape still, it's not like I won't have anything to fill another few hundred hours of gameplay.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png