3rd March 2009 - Deposit-all feature and more + Patch Notes

Singh

This weeks continuation of our Upgrade Year brings a significant reduction in the number of clicks when interacting with the RuneScape bank, and more information about the wealth you are carrying a feature that will also help you determine whether you are risking enough wealth on PvP worlds to gain the drop potential.

When it comes to depositing items in the bank, we have had a rethink: instead of insisting that you click on each individual item you want to deposit, we decided to give you the option to deposit everything that is in your inventory, or everything you are wearing and wielding. The sorting in the bank works as follows: everything that already has an equivalent item in the bank gets stacked, while all other items will end up in the tab that is currently active.

The behaviour of the noted button has also changed, so that whenever you close and then re-open the bank, it will revert to its default, unnoted state.

Finally, the Items Kept on Death button will now show you the total value of everything you are wearing and carrying, and the value of all the items you are at risk of losing. This is in addition to the price-checker we introduced last week, and its main purpose is to allow you to determine whether you are risking the necessary 75k (or 25k on a free world) to qualify for the better drops on PvP worlds (click here for more details on PvP-world drops). Of course, this new feature can also be used on normal worlds particularly useful if you want to find out how much you would lose if those pesky, stone-throwing trolls finally got you...

All of which should give you more free time to earn XP, talk to your friends, and generally have fun! Enjoy :)

Mod Fetzki

RuneScape Content Team Leader

In Other News...

Red chinchompas have been breeding in the jungle, and can now be found in slightly larger numbers - so grab your hunting gear and get hunting!

The Humidify spell from the Lunar spell book can no longer be cast while in the Soul Wars minigame.

The sounds associated with birds nests you sometimes hear when chopping down trees are now more audible, so you can tell more easily when a nest has fallen to the floor.

The Ectofuntus grinder can now be set to either manual or auto when grinding bones, which can be toggled on and off at your leisure. Also, the disciples will now be able to hold up four times as many ecto-tokens than they used to.

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphics and Audio

• [*:1xnvt1zs]The baby kurask animations were incorrect.

[*:1xnvt1zs]A few of the older interfaces have been converted to our new standard of interface.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The cauldron of thunder was missing its animation.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Player chatheads should now be the right size when wearing certain combinations of pirate headwear.

[*:1xnvt1zs]An NPC in Icthlarin's Little Helper has been adjusted so that their body and head are actually attached during a cutscene.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Fixed a label issue with the Khazard plate and a cape while fishing.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Prevented the client crashing when drawing a player chathead in an obscure set of circumstances.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The TzHaar maul animation and wield positions have been changed to be more like the original wield position and style.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The hairstyles associated with the female ponytail and male fringe no longer cause issues with the snail shell helmets.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Veracs armour should no longer lift your character up off the ground.

[*:1xnvt1zs]A stretching issue has been resolved on the rune crossbow and the Zamorak stole.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The special attack animation for the Ancient Goblin Mace has been adjusted.

Quests

• [*:1xnvt1zs]Removed duplicate text from the While Guthix Sleeps Quest Journal.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Fixed a typo in the Defender of Varrock quest.

[*:1xnvt1zs]You can now buy back a bullroarer for the cost of an oomlie wrap when undertaking the Legends Quest.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Players should be able to go back into the Phoenix Lair if they lose connection at a particular stage in the event.

Minigames

• [*:1xnvt1zs]Fixed a bug in the Stealing Creation team logic.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Fixed a bug with an interface not closing in Barbarian Assault.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Adjusted the code dealing with the Seers Achievement Diary task when praying with full Prayer points.

Miscellaneous

• [*:1xnvt1zs]The level up message for achieving 99 in Ranged has been made clearer.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The Farming Skillguide appeared to be missing its Milestones section.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Code for a few NPC chatheads have been adjusted.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The use of 'claws' in game has been standardised, as they were often referred to as 'claw'.

[*:1xnvt1zs]Fixed a bug regarding the Oo'glog pools as it could have been exploited.

[*:1xnvt1zs]A long-lost bamboo tree has been renamed to tropical tree.

[*:1xnvt1zs]The inventory space check when purchasing a cannon is more rigorous.

(RSOF Quick find code: 15-16-129-58475725)

Ltgen_Singh.png

Capture_Copy.png

all_99.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deposit all feature............................ :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Need queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest!!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneeleven

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yea it is better than nothing... More red chins? yay! Might actually go train hunter now... I'm glad there is no quest yet... gives me more time to get the 1.2m i need for 99 def :D

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Pfft, don't care. No one really will. It's a paltry addition at best. Upgrade year? How about renaming it: "Take a year off Runescape and go play a few other games, come back next January and we'll have a good game and some nice updates coming out."

Maybe that's too long to be catchy?

Maybe they got rid of the BTS so that as soon as they post it, people won't complain to them for the whole month about their crapdates? :shame:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I'd rather have this then yet another minigame I'll barely play, or a quest I'd only do once. This seems useful for the rest of my RS life. Personally I really, really like Jagex spending more time on these small updates which make RS a whole less easier.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Hey, quadruple the bone grinding before you have to collect, I like it.

The new bank stuff is a bit convenient, but unnecessary really. Maybe for gathering skills, but I don't think I'd use it for anything else. (then again, maybe that's its intended purpose ::' )

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Any update that makes the gameplay better is good. The deposit-all will improve our xp rates and more red chins spawn will mean less competition and better hunting rates. I know people have great expectations for any update, but in my opinion, any update that upgrades the way we play is a good update. Great job mysterious old men at Jagex.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I don't know what you're all complaining about. I'd rather have this then yet another minigame I'll barely play, or a quest I'd only do once. This seems useful for the rest of my RS life. Personally I really, really like Jagex spending more time on these small updates which make RS a whole less easier.

Oh trust me, I don't care about the minigames and other junk they've been adding either. My point is that it's another in a long line of just lackluster updates.

Yup, I agree with you ::' .

the_xxzlx2.png

the_xxzlx2.png

God people know how to whine their [wagon] off.

If any one paid attention they have been alternating weekly between upgrades and new content.

If you ignore the delayed updates last week was the evil tree aka NEW CONTENT

So anyone with half a brain cell could easily realise this week was gonna be some upgrades

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh trust me, I don't care about the minigames and other junk they've been adding either. My point is that it's another in a long line of just lackluster updates.

It's a matter of point of view mostly. I like the game as it is now and I don't need groundbreaking updates to keep me interested in the game. Any improvement from this point on is a good update in my perspective. What you also have to realise is that you can't get all you want at every update and will most likely don't care for about 20% of all updates.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

God people know how to whine their [wagon] off.

If any one paid attention they have been alternating weekly between upgrades and new content.

If you ignore the delayed updates last week was the evil tree aka NEW CONTENT

So anyone with half a brain cell could easily realise this week was gonna be some upgrades

Yeah, and it was an Evil Tree. And Soul Wars was a mini-game I won't ever play, though I don't say it's bad, just not my thing.

This game is getting dull for me.

Just tested it out right now. Cleared my pack and banked all my armor items in 2 seconds by clicking the bank your backpack and bank your wielded items buttons. Use to take at least 30 seconds to a Minute to do so...first I'd start by right clicking the Banker and select "Use quickly," right clicking on EVERY individual item in my inventory and selecting "deposit all" for each, and then opening up the armor tab and left clicking on EACH piece to empty it to the inventory, right clicking on the Banker and select "Use quickly," and finally end the process by clicking on each armor piece to deposit...PHEW!

Now its only a couple clicks and BOOM you're done! I <3: this little update.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

drop all would have been more useful :roll: oh well...

Step 1: Summon Pack Yak

Step 2: Store 30 items in Yak

Step 3: Dismiss familiar

There ya go :P A drop all feature ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

drop all would have been more useful :roll: oh well...

Step 1: Summon Pack Yak

Step 2: Store 30 items in Yak

Step 3: Dismiss familiar

There ya go :P A drop all feature ^_^

:wall:

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!