3rd March 2009 - Deposit-all feature and more + Patch Notes

Singh

I think this update was great, and all that was needed for this week. Small little updates that make a world of difference in everyday game play.

Sometimes I feel like players don't realize how spoiled they were with Jagex's past updating.

Only a few years ago, players would be lucky if they received one updating a MONTH. Nowadays players are update hungry and complain even if an update is on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week.

I think you should be grateful for getting any updates at all, as most online MMORPG's don't update even half or 1/10 times as often as RuneScape does. We don't really need a Godsword and a Huge Quest/Minigame every single week, as all those updates overwhelm us over time. But some of you are complaining just that, that we don't get a new Godsword and Minigame every week.

There are millions of activities in RuneScape to do. Don't limit yourself just to New Updates to keep you satisfied.[/rant]

But, this is a very lackluster update. The bank tabs and search engine released last year was a true improvement- this is just a piddling little tweak that has a minimalistic impact on the gaming experience. When I heard this was going to be a fix-it/improvement year, I was pleased. But the largest improvement released so far was the Random Removal- something promised early last year. Or maybe even in December 07. The only other that came close was the removal of the censor and I have very mixed feelings about that.

And saying that other games don't update nearly as frequently is not a good idea. As anyone who compares Runescape to another game in a negative way can attest, players constantly say Runescape is not other games. If we want to go that route, why not ask why Runescape's combat is so antiquated compared to WoW or AoR? Or why other games have free markets and we don't? And so on and so forth.

Although I agree we don't have the need for something big EVERY week, the content updates I've seen recently have been... repugnant to me. The only quest of the year was a tutorial for a new Distraction, and the rest were minigames and more Distractions. True, we're only two months in, but so far I've been very disappointed and have seen no reason to renew membership. And this glorified patch does nothing to change that.

There have been a good number of extremely helpful tweaks and fixes this year, and I believe Brianite's main point was that we can't expect a big update every week. Do you really play Runescape for the updates? There's already an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game. Unless you're maxed, played and "beat" every minigame (4k Chompy kills, CW gold armor, etc), have your quest cape, can solo every boss sans CB, and own an Elysian/Divine shield, I see no reason to complain that we didn't get horses this week.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the new hunter update today. Turns out its a whole additional hunting spot, not increased chin density. I tried it out for a while and I easily caught as many chins as I normally do in the other spots. It seems like there are less chin spawns but if you have a high enough hunter you will catch them on the first try anyway, (tested with 94 hunter +5 from Larupia).

Great update.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

I'm in love with deposit all.

I was under attack at bh bank, but I saved most of my dragon bolts, runes, and even some gear by depositing worn items and invent in between attack turns.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Oh trust me, I don't care about the minigames and other junk they've been adding either. My point is that it's another in a long line of just lackluster updates.

But think, all of those small updates have made the game much better as a whole. For example, think of you hp/pray/run/summ bars that are next to your minimap. Now try to play without using those, by using your stats/run tab. Makes it a hell of a lot more annoying, right? My point is, this is better than before, so it is not just a lackluster update. I actually prefer these to new content as there is already too much to do. Unless of course you have every quest completed, every minigame completed, every little possible thing done. Then, by all means, go ahead and complain.

Am I the only one who is almost always only interested in the "In Other News..." section? Seriously, it's usually those little things that really piss people off but make a big difference when fixed/made more convenient.

Just my 2 cents.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Am I the only one who is almost always only interested in the "In Other News..." section? Seriously, it's usually those little things that really piss people off but make a big difference when fixed/made more convenient.

Just my 2 cents.

I know where you're coming from. I regularly look in the news to say:

Ok...cool...cool...cool. Now, what's in other news? Bank notes default is back to normal (off after you close the window)? YES, FINALLY.

I HATED THAT BANK NOTING, having to turn it on and off constantly.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Just my 2 cents.

Ok...cool...cool...cool. Now, what's in other news? Bank notes default is back to normal (off after you close the window)? YES, FINALLY.

Yea, i think more of the small more useful updates are in the "In Other News..." section.

Regarding the wealth kept on death update - does this mean we keep the most valuable item tied to the Grand Exchange prices or high alchemy prices.

For example, a party hat would be kept over an abyssal whip?

If so, I think this would of been the most requested update and should of been implemented when the Grand Exchange was first released!

Just my 2 cents.

Wasn't that in the "real" article though, and not in the other news section.

priest_wiz.png

plenty of people on here complaining about updates when they have about 10-40% of the total for all 99's, and may or may not have quest cape so there is plenty for you all to do. So stfu whining about an update if you dont like whats in the game and you hanging around for one update that might attract you go play something new.

I love this game and any addition or user freindly update ill more than welcome, there is still so much for me to do i dont need anything new.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

plenty of people on here complaining about updates when they have about 10-40% of the total for all 99's, and may or may not have quest cape so there is plenty for you all to do. So stfu whining about an update if you dont like whats in the game and you hanging around for one update that might attract you go play something new.

I love this game and any addition or user freindly update ill more than welcome, there is still so much for me to do i dont need anything new.

Some people want to do something other than no life a game sacrificing a huge amount of their life to achieve several 99's. These sort of updates are awesome, that's almost undeniable. But new game content should come with them. Many, many people want to get out of the regime of grinding at skills constantly and quests provide a much needed distraction (surprisingly better than "distraction and diversions").

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Some people want to do something other than no life a game sacrificing a huge amount of their life to achieve several 99's. These sort of updates are awesome, that's almost undeniable. But new game content should come with them. Many, many people want to get out of the regime of grinding at skills constantly and quests provide a much needed distraction (surprisingly better than "distraction and diversions").

I think the key part is that they don't have all 99's, so it's not like they don't have anything to do.

And also: People who don't like grinding? They're in the wrong game.

Wasn't that in the "real" article though, and not in the other news section.

Well if you're going to be a mister-know-it-all. :roll:

Let's see....Ah, more ectotokens. That's got me all hot and bothered.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Nice little update. I certainly don't mind. :)

However, it did take some getting used to. The first time I banked after the update, I couldn't find the search button. :lol:

j0xPu5R.png

Why are people complaining about a lack of updates... didn't you look at the bug list below the actual update?

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Why are people complaining about a lack of updates... didn't you look at the bug list below the actual update?

Becuz like z0mg jagex are utter failzor and shuld release a new skill, mini-game, ultimate quest, town, trianing spot, mage spell book, armour set every week as well as fixing all the little bugs and giving us like infite bank space and gold so we can has everything

[/sarcasm]

But that does pretty much some up what have these spoiled brats want from a weekly update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

so many whiners expecting Jagex to work their arse off more then they actually are right now.

it takes a LOT to program what they're planning on and a lot to fix even the littlest of updates WHILE trying to make every single one of us happy developing the bigger updates

if people don't like it, don't play and don't complain. ;)

i am very fond of the deposit all option, that's all i can really say.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

another nice set of small but needed changes. I'm really enjoying this year of upgrades, especially as it's giving me a chance to catch up with all the content I never got around to playing before.

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

so many whiners expecting Jagex to work their arse off more then they actually are right now.

it takes a LOT to program what they're planning on and a lot to fix even the littlest of updates WHILE trying to make every single one of us happy developing the bigger updates

if people don't like it, don't play and don't complain. ;)

i am very fond of the deposit all option, that's all i can really say.

Well I believe that when your paying someones wages then yes its a reasonable assumption that they work their [wagon] off for it? When I pay someone to fix the central heating I dont just make them cup of tea and watch them eat cakes for a whole week.

The programming wouldnt of taken long at all for this update + Others are tedius tasks that even collectively are not as difficult as making a quest or what not.

Some 12 year old walks by - OMGF GO PLAY WOW YOU NOOB! MY MUMMY PAYS MY MEMBERSHIP AND JAGEX RULES. /Err.. Maybe there a reason I choose jagex. :roll: Obvious I dont hate. I cant be assed with such comments tbh. I dont need to explain myself.

Its possible they are testing some other bigger update but the fact is this week was very poor. Without the BTS we do not know what they are doing. When doing patch updates there should be many more updates than what you would otherwise get for a bigger update. Its apparent without any other evidence that they are not up to standard lately. Hopefully! Its because bigger updates are on the way.. So big that it took even the patch developers time to make. Since they dont seem to be doing many patches..

(O Excuse me I brb - I see the people to fix my central heating have figured out how to take the front panel off. I wont whine though at the cost per hour they get for their labour. That would be absurd.)

Anyway the fact is if people complain then there are most certainly people who get bored altogether which isnt good for them as a company. Their current system might not be the best approach when the majority of their income is from children.

A deposit all button is a /afterthought/ update barely taking any time. The patch notes are not up to standard with their past updates; simply because (It seems in many peoples opinions) they do not collectively add up to what past updates managed to achieve. Obviously people react to this and its up to Jagex what they do next or continue doing.

-

Btw they could of made that button default which stops things switching with whatever item you move. Forget what its called. People always have to press that button.

... we decided to give you the option to deposit everything that is in your inventory, or everything you are wearing and wielding.

Are boots, rings, and arrows not counted as "everything you are wearing and wielding"? Mine don't come off when I click the button. :?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I think this update was great, and all that was needed for this week. Small little updates that make a world of difference in everyday game play.

Sometimes I feel like players don't realize how spoiled they were with Jagex's past updating.

Only a few years ago, players would be lucky if they received one updating a MONTH. Nowadays players are update hungry and complain even if an update is on a Tuesday rather than a Monday every week.

I think you should be grateful for getting any updates at all, as most online MMORPG's don't update even half or 1/10 times as often as RuneScape does. We don't really need a Godsword and a Huge Quest/Minigame every single week, as all those updates overwhelm us over time. But some of you are complaining just that, that we don't get a new Godsword and Minigame every week.

There are millions of activities in RuneScape to do. Don't limit yourself just to New Updates to keep you satisfied.[/rant]

But, this is a very lackluster update. The bank tabs and search engine released last year was a true improvement- this is just a piddling little tweak that has a minimalistic impact on the gaming experience. When I heard this was going to be a fix-it/improvement year, I was pleased. But the largest improvement released so far was the Random Removal- something promised early last year. Or maybe even in December 07. The only other that came close was the removal of the censor and I have very mixed feelings about that.

And saying that other games don't update nearly as frequently is not a good idea. As anyone who compares Runescape to another game in a negative way can attest, players constantly say Runescape is not other games. If we want to go that route, why not ask why Runescape's combat is so antiquated compared to WoW or AoR? Or why other games have free markets and we don't? And so on and so forth.

Although I agree we don't have the need for something big EVERY week, the content updates I've seen recently have been... repugnant to me. The only quest of the year was a tutorial for a new Distraction, and the rest were minigames and more Distractions. True, we're only two months in, but so far I've been very disappointed and have seen no reason to renew membership. And this glorified patch does nothing to change that.

There have been a good number of extremely helpful tweaks and fixes this year, and I believe Brianite's main point was that we can't expect a big update every week. Do you really play Runescape for the updates? There's already an overwhelming amount of things to do in this game. Unless you're maxed, played and "beat" every minigame (4k Chompy kills, CW gold armor, etc), have your quest cape, can solo every boss sans CB, and own an Elysian/Divine shield, I see no reason to complain that we didn't get horses this week.

But huge chunks of the content don't appeal to me- I have no need to max my stats, and "beat" every minigame. I play Runescape for fun and, if content has no appeal to me, I see little reason to indulge in it. Plus, without any BTS to show future content, I have no idea when or if any future updates will make up for current lackluster updates like this, which are naught but an afterthought to the truly amazing bank re-haul of last year.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?