RS players like metal music?

Suiku

I infact play RS, and have been for about 6 years now..

I ALSO infact, am a vocalist in a metal band..

I think people may base RS around life to much, anybody can like a computer game, can they not?

Ps. My bands myspace if anyone cares to listen?

www.myspace.com/yourshallowgrave

bestsigcopy.jpg

Rip. Archer3 and runescape

Achieved 99 Hitpoints At 8:36PM June-05-09

Achieved 99 Strength At 12:17AM March-08-09

Achieved 99 Attack At 3:57PM April-24-?09

Achieved 99 Firemaking At 5:41PM September-17-08

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 'scaping library stretches from Bela Bartok to Opeth to Beethoven. I think Metal's becoming the new popular music rather then the music Runescape Players listen to.

Depends on how you definite metal...like there's a difference between Dream Theater and Avenged Sevenfold and Megadeth. I'd say bands like Avenged Sevenfold and System of a Down are becoming more and more popular, but still not THAT popular.

It's really runescape though, it's the internet. Most serious internet users (those who are members of forums, play videogames, etc--one might say "nerd" but that doesn't seem right in this case) are fans of metal. If you check out a lot of different forums, you'll still find that most people are big on the bands everyone here is big on.

I'm kind of an exception though in that case...Indie and Classic and Early Alt rock here :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Metal is great. I'll listen to any type of music other than that gangster rap crap, but I tend to listen to metal a lot more than anything else.

Favorite bands are Megadeth, Children of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah, Alter Bridge, Lamb of God and Death Cab for Cutie. \m/

You listen to hardcore punk?

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

i don't know how people can listen to people scream for hours on end while playing runescape.

i mainly listen to 60's/70's soul + R&B (Ray Charles, Edwin Starr, etc)

Wow I listen to Classical, Country, Folk, Funk, Gospel, Jazz, New wave, Opera, R&B, Reggae, Christmas, Soul, sound track/ musical, and Techno! I can't see why people watch Mozart's requiem and other operas!

Most about death and killing... Most people can't understand them!

My pure's stats:

Saw these guys a week ago: Sworn Enemy, Abacabb, Suffocate, and For the Fallen Dreams!

My pure's stats:

Maybe that's the reason I never could grind for over an hour or two... I never listened to metal. Classic rock doesn't really promote that mentality I guess.

Maybe that's the reason I never could grind for over an hour or two... I never listened to metal. Classic rock doesn't really promote that mentality I guess.

I went from classic rock to Industrial metal to Metalcore to more classic rock!

Growling isn't for every one.

Check out Danzig! The Morrison of metal!

My pure's stats:

It's really runescape though, it's the internet. Most serious internet users (those who are members of forums, play videogames, etc--one might say "nerd" but that doesn't seem right in this case) are fans of metal. If you check out a lot of different forums, you'll still find that most people are big on the bands everyone here is big on.
Yeah it seems that most stereotypcial MMO-playing nerds do indeed love metal. (Specifically: power metal) However most of my metalhead friends IRL aren't MMO-playing nerds, so yeah.

As for me, I didn't even know what metal was when I played RuneScape. I had quit RuneScape by the time I had gotten into metal anyway. About a year and a half ago, I was a HUGE metalhead; I started out with Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, Blind Guardian etc. and gradually got into black, death and finally progressive metal. However, about this time last year I heard Porcupine Tree for the first time and my interest in metal declined quite a lot. In October or November last year, I heard Loveless by My Bloody Valentine and that pretty much killed metal for me. In Janurary this year, I barely listened to any metal because I was exploring new music; nowadays though, I'll put on some Kamelot or In Flames now and again.

I also had a period of exclusively J-pop and anime themes for a couple of weeks last year, on a completely unrelated note.

It really does seem that people who love typically nerdy stuff love metal also. At least, that's my observation - but not all metalheads are nerds.

As for me, I didn't even know what metal was when I played RuneScape. I had quit RuneScape by the time I had gotten into metal anyway. About a year and a half ago, I was a HUGE metalhead; I started out with Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, Blind Guardian etc. and gradually got into black, death and finally progressive metal. However, about this time last year I heard Porcupine Tree for the first time and my interest in metal declined quite a lot. In October or November last year, I heard Loveless by My Bloody Valentine and that pretty much killed metal for me. In Janurary this year, I barely listened to any metal because I was exploring new music; nowadays though, I'll put on some Kamelot or In Flames now and again.

I also had a period of exclusively J-pop and anime themes for a couple of weeks last year, on a completely unrelated note.

It really does seem that people who love typically nerdy stuff love metal also. At least, that's my observation - but not all metalheads are nerds.

I was really into MCR and Manson Before I was into metal... I like the drumming and lyrics, Its just not what I listen to every day (one day I was just listening to House of the Rising Son and The Weight)...

Metal isn't my life its just part of it.

Im a Hardcore/metal head, I like metalcore but could live with out thrash.

My pure's stats:

I hateee Metal.... I like some derivatives of it. Mainly MM and Apocalyptica for me though.

Don't judge until you've heard:

[yt]jULBwWdlSQ4[/yt]

[yt]WNOgIoXj8PM[/yt]

Seeman is from Apocalyptica with a German singer.

[yt]FlfdoObRyoc[/yt]

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'm sorry. I hate Metal.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I'm sorry. I hate Metal.

Why the hell would you be sorry?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Played RS for a few years now, and yep, i've been listening to metal since i was 9. And actually, most i've met in RS has been listening to some rock/metal. Altho i don't like to talk metal in RS... Feels i don't know, weird, hehe.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I'm sorry. I hate Metal.

Why the hell would you be sorry?

I was being sarcastic. But i hate using "sarcasm" tags, because it makes it too obvious.

I guess my sarcasm detector is broken I guess.

Or maybe I just wasnt paying attention when I posted. Hrmmm

:lol:

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

So does he like it?

My pure's stats:

So does he like it?

no

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Yeah it seems that most stereotypcial MMO-playing nerds do indeed love metal. (Specifically: power metal) However most of my metalhead friends IRL aren't MMO-playing nerds, so yeah.

To be honest this is pretty much the same with me. I think I had pretty much quit runescape by the time I really started listening to metal. I'm not sure how I feel about the genre these days. On one hand I do love just relaxing and listening to some metal just because its fun (something like Heloween, or blind guardian) but I've been getting more interested in other genres more-so.

I can agree with the nerdy observation though.

To be honest this is pretty much the same with me. I think I had pretty much quit runescape by the time I really started listening to metal. I'm not sure how I feel about the genre these days. On one hand I do love just relaxing and listening to some metal just because its fun (something like Heloween, or blind guardian) but I've been getting more interested in other genres more-so.

I can agree with the nerdy observation though.

Heh. ;P If you look back in my post history, I assure you there would be loads of posts praising metal to the high heavens. I was big into metal when I first joined here. I totally get the "not sure how I feel" part - part of me feels as if I've grown a little too old/or weary of the stuff to really enjoy metal with little deviance from form, and another part is saying that I should focus on finding newer stuff and listening to music I enjoy more than loud guitars and death growls.

I can't really bring myself to seriously say that I hate metal. I do it to wind up metalheads, but I'm thankful to the genre since it was pretty much my big gateway to music in general. If it weren't for metal I would be living in musical ignorance, only buying the odd classical CD now and again once I was bored of everything else. This also goes the same way for many of the people who are into similar music to me whom I've met on the internet - started off pretty much with metal, and then listened to a non-metal band properly and explored genres such as progressive rock, shoegaze, hardcore punk and its derivatives... etc.

You don't even want to look back at my post history, and all I can say is thank god posts on the old scapeboard are gone.

I do still listen to a lot of stuff I might not consider crazy artistic sometimes. To me a lot of metal is just fun. I mean, who gives a [cabbage] if the lyrics don't make sense or it's just some dude wailing on a guitar. It's just pretty fun to chill back and listen to some mindless guitar [bleep]ery now and then.

Of course I've been slowly moving towards other genres as far as more artistic music goes. I do have to credit metal for at least getting me into and interested in different styles of music though. I sort of feel that the genre its self is broad enough that it lends fans to look around a bit and explore.

It was one year sense I stared playing when I got into it, now I have quit and still listen.

My pure's stats: