RS players like metal music?

Suiku

I see many MANY players likes to have hours and hours of grinding on runescape while hearing metal music? I see it a common denominator. Heard it several times.

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed we do, although Disturbed and System of a Down isn't something you'd define as metal (plain load of **** for the latter, maybe).

They usually talk about softcore stuff you see on the telly.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

No, not all Runescape players like Metal.

Maybe a majority of them MIGHT do, but I've talked to loads who don't.

There is no correlation between Metal and Runescape, it's a matter of personal taste.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

tbh ive been hearing the opposite...

in my pk vids i have put even fairly soft metal and get flamed constantly by people who dont like the music, all the people i talk to tell me to put rap and [cabbage] in my vids..

and yes, while playing rs i listen to some pretty heavy stuff :)

Yea I've noticed alot of Runescapers like metal too tbh, it does seem like the most popular choice. I listen to trance while 'Scaping :thumbup:

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Not me :thumbsup:

But on the subject, reading through Tip.it blogs comes up with evidence to support your theory, but i wouldnt say the whole of Rs

Jamje.png

null and void

I'm probably one of the biggest metal heads you'll ever meet, so yea I can vouch for that lol

although now days I find myself watching movies or TV shows while playing, it seems to pass the time better.

Metal is more for my car, and concerts, and everything else :thumbsup:

Yea I've noticed alot of Runescapers like metal too tbh, it does seem like the most popular choice. I listen to trance while 'Scaping :thumbup:

Loser :P I listen to metal, personally :oops:

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just lately I've been using friends songs in videos but that's about it, when I play it depends what mood I'm in...

Example; If I'm just killing 30 minutes before I'm going out to get my boogie on, some Lady GaGa will be on along with other dancing material.

I never really set a desired type of music to play when I'm on Runescape. I just open my media player, and leave it on shuffle/repeat.

I have music genres such as Rap, J-Pop, Gothic, Alternative, Industrial Metal etc.

I just download the music albums I like from hearing it on YouTube, or friends recommendations, and with over 7 days worth of playable music, I just enjoy what ever comes up :D

I also disagree with the trend you have decided to bring up - sure, tons of people mention Disturbed and SOAD, but I also have spoken to a handful of people who talk about Fort Minor, Linkin Park etc... Everyone has different tastes in music - simple as.

I do listen to metal while Scaping, but I do listen to other things, like Punk or J-Pop. It's all about what the shuffle puts on.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Which variety of metal are you talking about?

Its like saying, it would seem the majority of players seem to speak English

I listen to random songs from my collection, but you could class about half of them as metal, but I call them rock.

Each to there own.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I dont really listen to 'Metal Music' A-such. I listen to stuff like 'You me at six'(off topic:friday 13th march, was IMMENCE! saw them live! 1 bruised rip and headbutted in the nose... gotta love random appearing mosh pits...-_-) or kings of leon, and im sorry but K.o.L are far from metal lol.

But i can see what you mean, Most 'Gamers' do listen to rock music, but thats due to the video's. Gaming videos work better with rock/metal music and if someone starts to like the video they start to like the music also.

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

If you play metal in my presense, ima gonna have to BURN YOU WITH FIRE!!! or IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAH AT JOOZ! :evil:

Resist metal kids! Listen to Brittish alt/indie rock like me! \'

(or the killers. they cool too :P )

I get a headache if I listen to all that screamy death metal music. :P

WORD.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I'm not really a metal fan. I listen to a lot of different types of music, but I guess I'm just not angry enough for metal. 8-) When I'm 'scaping, I try to match my music to my activity: fast stuff if I'm running around an agility course, something more chill if I'm just fishing or something, etc. And sometimes I just listen to the in-game music, which I feel has vastly improved over time.

frigginacky.png

Hmm, pretty sure my music would be classed under metal. Other genres just don't appeal to me as much. Example L

But I'm pretty sure it's not just rs players, there seems to be a larger percentage of people that like metal under gamers than under 'normal' people.

2dvjurb.png