RS players like metal music?

Suiku

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metal is great. I'll listen to any type of music other than that gangster rap crap, but I tend to listen to metal a lot more than anything else.

Favorite bands are Megadeth, Children of Bodom, Norther, Kalmah, Alter Bridge, Lamb of God and Death Cab for Cutie. \m/

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

i don't know how people can listen to people scream for hours on end while playing runescape.

i mainly listen to 60's/70's soul + R&B (Ray Charles, Edwin Starr, etc)

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

To say something like: 'The enjoyment of Metal bands and the enjoyment of RuneScape have a strong correlation,' is just ridiculous.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

I've not noticed any particular tendency toawrds metal music in 'scapers, although metal in general is becoming more popular thanks to celebrities being sighted wearing AC/DC and Iron Maiden t-shirts.

Personally I love metal music (but definitely not screaming metal, the classics all the way), for example i'm listening to Megadeth as I type this post, but to each his own I guess

Nellup.png

I don't listen to metal really and don't have any friends on rs that do, but I see it a lot on this forum. I do like some Metalcore though. Like Bullet For My Valentine. I prefer Punk-Rock though. (Anti-Flag, My Chemical Romance, The Misfits, and Bad Religion are my favorites)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I love listening to slayer while pking lolz 8-)

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

I don't actually. I listen to classical music, or music that I have written. Sometimes I do listen to heavy music (Tool, Godsmack, Disturbed just to name a few) Also, I do listen to runescapes music as well (My favorite is parade, march and ready to battle is some good ones) But I guess it matters what kind of mood I am, to what kind of music I listen to.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I personally listen to Metal & Rock music while playing Runescape (or at any other time). I don't care for the music with bizarre screaming, but if it fits with the song then I'll definitely listen in. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

i listen to country music, and maybe a little 80's pop.

i think metal and rap is some of the stupidest music in existence, how can people listen to that noise/racket?

Coming from someone who listens to COUNTRY MUSIC.

[/stereotype]

Not all metal is noise. I agree that some of the metal bands nowadays are plain trash, but metal is a wide musical genre, you can find alot of variety in it.

16185_s.gif

I've never really noticed any kind of preferred music trend in rs. Imo, 'scapers music choice is as varied as it is with people in the real world.

And I agree with napalm, metal is an extremely wide genre.

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

i think metal and rap is some of the stupidest music in existence, how can people listen to that noise/racket?

Because they're not old.

Metal's not exactly a new genre either though, perhaps all the various subdivsions are, as well as screaming and shredding being relatively recent. But Black Sabbath = 1969, a fair bit older than his 80's pop.

Nellup.png

Yay. I can finally bash people for not liking what I do. Lemme see...

I prefer rock. I get a headache if I listen to all that screamy death metal music. :P

Some kinds of metal music I listen to sometimes though.

That screaming takes a lot more time and talent to develop than many other genres, such as rock, where you sing like a teenage girl, rap, where you sing...talk like, talk basically, like a gangster I guess, and pop, where a machine does the singing for you. The main attraction in modern metal is actually what's behind the singing (or in front with some albums) - guitars, drumming (love the brutality), bass at times.

If you play metal in my presense, ima gonna have to BURN YOU WITH FIRE!!! or IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAH AT JOOZ! :evil:

Resist metal kids! Listen to Brittish alt/indie rock like me! \'

(or the killers. they cool too :P )

I get a headache if I listen to all that screamy death metal music. :P

WORD.

We'd be able to think up much, much, more horrible things to do you than just burn you with fire (make you look like one of those smilies for instance).

Well the first line sums it up. I'd ask you the same question about country music.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

I guess you'd need to define metal?

Some people I know dont even consider Metallica heavy enough to be called metal (not that it is really heavy, but come on that is metal, right?)

I like Bands such as Metallica and Machine Head but I wouldn't say the vast majority of Rs players would enjoy them. To be brutally honest the average age of the Rs gamer probably means the most popular music would be your lowest common denominator Radio 1 pop music unfornunately. As far as the most popular music on these forums goes you might be able to argue that metal is number one.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I think most on this forum do yes, but if you look on free to play you can see many younger childs, and i don't think those will listen to metal... I myself do like metal (metallica), and nightwish, thoug idk if that is considerd metal.