Once a great game. A story/Rant for veteran players.

eatrunearrow

Also it's a joke that they advertise regular new content on the new ad they've put up when you get to the RS page. We haven't seen regular content for the past 8 months. False advertising to new potential customers, how Jagex.

Err no they are NOT putting out regular content this year. Stop being delusional. They did all of these little fixes last year as well AND they put out regular content. This year has been horrible for new content so far.

We've been receiving regular new content. And since when did Jagex have this history of false advertising to new players? And you just contradicted yourself. You said there hasn't been regular content, and then you say there has been, but it's been horrible. Also; Your interpretation of regular is every week. So it's not "regular" in your opinion, rather than "regular" in fact.

Gravestones that last even if you disconnect. It's almost impossible to lose items now. It's a SAFE game.

The gravestones alone don't make the game safe.

You weren't able to buy or sell pre-GE but lots of people were, I loved trading pre-GE, it was much easier to actually buy the bulk of what is needed. The GE is convenient and I wouldn't want it gone, but pre-GE trade was player organized and worked as well.

Yea, I loved walking around Falador World 2 trying to figure out what the legions of auto-typers were saying, then giving up and going on the boards so I could have someone ask me to meet them North of Edgeville for the trade.

If jagex decided to take out F2P and make RS members only people would rant because what they did on a game was taken away.

Irrelevant. Jagex as a business is foremost touted as a free to play with members benefits marketing strategy, that would be going entirely against the aim of Runescape, FunOrb, and upcoming Mechscape. You're comparing apples to Nostradamus.

Clearly your gameplay experience is different from mine, but it doesn't make your opinion "wrong" or my opinion "wrong".

Except your opinion is wrong.

You probably are happy with the new game because you can put in less time and get 99's. Before level's meant something.

It is? Then what are all these threads whining about how x-skills makes skilling slower?

Also even with all the restrictions the cheaters are still around. They buy accounts. They get other people to level their account or directly gather gold for them.

Which is a lot easier to ban for, and doesn't result in mass bots and mass credit fraud. Do you even pay attention to the talking points you spew?

As a player from before it's frustrating seeing the game become easier, having the skills I have 99 in get the make-x option, seeing new minigames that let you level the skill without doing the skill.

It's ok, it's just your fear of change talking. You know, like the old people who want email destroyed because snail-mail should continue to be the standard. Forget anything about innovation, you just want players to suffer.

Skills like slayer used to be respected, now with the new prayers and godswords and the slayer task blocking and summoning slayer is the easiest it's ever been. Even the soul wars mini-game gives slayer exp. I remember when getting 10k slayer exp an hour was considered good.

And I remember when wooden teeth and wigs was the norm for people who didn't brush or bathe. Stupid innovation. We come full circle back to your fear of change.

To you though all I'll ever be is a whiny player who is stuck in the past and is sad the wildy is gone. I don't know why I bother arguing.

Because you have nothing better to do than brood on something that happened 2 years ago. You're certainly not in-game enjoying it, and you at least haven't quit Tip.It.

Not that you care, but I think the best update Jagex did pre-trade restrictions was Barrows, this update was accessible by higher and lower levels, and the game was probably the most balanced at that point.

Can I borrow your rose tinted glasses?

It's been like that since RS2, it was even included as a feature of agility in the agility guide, all of a sudden a few years later it's unfair?

You'd be amazed, Pie, at how long something can go unnoticed and even falsely advocated, even by a company as big as Jagex.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Every game has a golden age, the golden age of RuneScape is long gone my friends. Although my stats reveal a newb, I actually joined this game in 2005, I was here for the tail end of the golden age, saw it vanish.

My point is, the golden age is no more, and if you can't adapt to the new core of this game, it's time for you to move on, and find a new game.

Personally, I don't find the new era of this game to be too bad, although I havn't pked in years due to the fact that I just hate it now, and how all the kids make fun of me because my stats aren't as good as theirs, I still enjoy myself.

JacTheRipper.png

Every time I think this thread has died, someone just HAS to bring it back to life.

*MINI-RANT ALERT*

Seriously, what IS it with people and pulling necro-threads in the Rants forum? Have they nothing better to do?

Anyways, to reply to your post, you've sorta got it right. The "golden age" was when more people were playing, but most of those "players" were probably gold-farming bots that would steal your trees. And nobody likes having their tree knocked down because of some lvl 3 bot working for a RWT company.

But yeah, the age when RS pking actually made sense is long gone. Now, we have the "special" pking, where you step out without melee protect on and die instantly. #-o And drop tables that will probably fluctuate constantly as time goes on.

But gratz to you for doing what few people on this forum ranting about this have done - accepting it and moving on.

a70c7.png

Every game has a golden age, the golden age of RuneScape is long gone my friends. Although my stats reveal a newb, I actually joined this game in 2005, I was here for the tail end of the golden age, saw it vanish.

My point is, the golden age is no more, and if you can't adapt to the new core of this game, it's time for you to move on, and find a new game.

Personally, I don't find the new era of this game to be too bad, although I havn't pked in years due to the fact that I just hate it now, and how all the kids make fun of me because my stats aren't as good as theirs, I still enjoy myself.

Speak for yourself, seriously..... not everyone thinks that when the old wilderness was around it was the "golden age"

Having played on and off with several characters since I joined runescape 1 while on dial up (the average game comprised 30 percent "loading" messages!) I'd be on the side of the people who say that the game is at it's best now.

When I first joined, varrock square felt like it was 40 percent people begging, scamming or asking you to be their girlfriend/if anyone was looking for a girlfriend!

Compare that to now, having come back to the game recently after a year's break, and the place is heaven for people who want to play the game without listening to incessant chatter from kids/illiterates.

Either kids and young teens have gotten way more mature in the last few years, or the updates and changes implemented by jagex have worked to remove/control this formerly negative aspect. I'm enjoying it more than ever.

One thing I would agree with partially however is the question of economy. I'm a big fan of the grand exchange but jagex's price controls remove a lot of the fun/cunning that used to be involved in trading. Being, or thinking you were, a shrewd trader was a lot of fun in older versions in my opinion. Also,despite my earlier disparaging remarks, there was something to be said for the hutle and bustle of the varrock market in days gone by ::'

Feel free to share your opinion on RuneScape's Golden Age, though I doubt it will bring it back.

Oh for Christs sake, seriously quit overemphasizing and being overdramatic over a video game (that's a lot of overs). Runescape never had a Golden Age, it has always had problems and will continue to have problems. No, the game never had a time when it was prosperous and seemed to be perfect. It has always had huge glaring problems and Jagex substituted five or six glaring problems for two huge problems, the economy and the loss of the wild. And of course, no one can be happy with anything Jagex does because that makes it too easy and gives us no reason to troll a forum on a game we hate and think has lost everything that made it good. So we use this forum for no other reason then to cry because we lost a game that apparently took up a larger portion of your life/time then a computer game should. No one should complain about a game as much as you and your fellow Runescape bashers do. It makes me honestly believe that you had no lives and were investing all your time into your avatars and playing so much that your eyes bled.

Get off it. Get over it. What's happened has happened and it will never change back to the hellhole it used to be. If there ever was a golden age of Runescape it would be now. I don't care if ten other people who can't get over a change in a game a year and a half ago disagree with me, the game has changed for the better.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

When I posted this thread was less than halfway down the first page.

Your whining about my bumping (which I didn't do) bumped the thread.

Fix'd.

Yes, I'm a grammar Nazi; get over it.

In terms of the TIF time, halfway down the page is pretty old. I remember when this thread was on the second page of rants. And when you post something on a forum, be it a whole thread or a simple post, you're asking for a response. Do you randomly go up to someone in real life, make a statement and then just walk away without expecting an answer?

Aside from the asinine "post" that basically had been said over ten times in the last 30 pages, your redirection of the argument to the subject of hypocrisy is misleading and doesn't keep people from remembering the single sentence post that added no value to the discussion.

If you're going to post a 1 liner, at least make it something that no one else has said. And like Rachet said, there was no "golden age" where everything was near perfect; listen to "High School Never Ends" (yes, I just referred to a song) for better explanation. I remember having fun back then because everything was new to my lvl 20 toon. I remember when they added in uzer and desert treasure and the barrows. I was full of excitement. I've done nearly all that there is to do in runescape aside from train every skill to 99 and unlock every music and gain every vanity pet. I have been everywhere, made the soft cap in several skills, unlocked almost every piece of music, killed almost every monster, played every single minigame, and completed every quest.

It's not as fun as it was at lvl 20 because everything was so new and strange. Perhaps that's the falacy; we remember that we had more fun back in the ol' days when we had to walk up to dem places and not take dem goshdarn ballon thinkabobs or when we's had ta use ar brains in magic befo' them grandtootin' ancient magicks! Therefore, since we had more fun back then, it must be because everything was perfect and definitely not because we were eager, new players ready to take on the world.

That's probably the same reason why old people remember the past; everything was better when things were new. Now that everything is old, it's not fun. In fact, there's a diagram in mathematics called an "s-curve" that details this exact relationship. Google it if you want to learn more, young paddewan.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The community wasn't better in the early days. Perhaps in 2001, when the community was still very small. But a mature community in 2004? Lol, no. Absolutely not.

It's absolutely outrageous that you blame everything on younger players, without a single valid argument. I'm a 21 years old myself, but I'm getting sick of people trying to blame everything on younger players. Sure, they can be a nuisance, but no, they're not responsible for a bad community, nor was it any better during the early days of 2004.

I remember there were a lot more scammers back in the early days.

Thank you Bauke.

+1 :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Mmm, I preferred the old RS too.

It's annoying when a newer forum member does things like this. I hate when people post one sentence with no back up for it. Why did you prefer the old wild? It's annoying to me when people do this, I don't know about anyone else but I feel when ranting, we can't put out generalized statements, we have to support that statement.

Maybe that's just my critic side talking...

This thread just never dies. :wall:

And what's the difference if the thread dies or not? This is a thread that has brought up a whole lot of discussion. Seriously dude, by adding that comment there, you helped knock it up two threads...

This thread just never dies. :wall:

And what's the difference if the thread dies or not? This is a thread that has brought up a whole lot of discussion. Seriously dude, by adding that comment there, you helped knock it up two threads...

Actually, all the arguements are just going around in circles. The discussion value in this thread is gone. There's nothing left to say. And also, when I added the comment, the thread was at the top of the page, so... it technically didn't bump anything.

Staurolite.png

The community was much better before the invasion of younger mini-clip players.
Says the idiot that wrote this.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I stand by my post about shop updates.

When you are unable to buy what you need, I bet you will come whining and crying to forums complaining.

Miniclip DID change the RS community, for the worse.

Are you so touchy about this because both of you are from miniclip?

The only idiot I see here is you Jaffy.

I stand by my post about shop updates.

When you are unable to buy what you need, I bet you will come whining and crying to forums complaining.

Miniclip DID change the RS community, for the worse.

Are you so touchy about this because both of you are from miniclip?

The only idiot I see here is you Jaffy.

That is the stupidest [bleep]ing assumption. Once again, where did I and a lot of my friends learn about Runescape? Miniclip. I am sure Miniclip was not the reason the game went "downhill" since from what I take, you still had RWTers, spammers, scammers, and every other jackass that ruined the game. Get a clue dude, because you don't know what your talking about and you and your little group blame Miniclip for everything because it is the only "logical" explanation. Apparently the lure of a free online MMORPG wasn't the reason people were joining. I know people who learned about it from google.

That is the stupidest [bleep]ing assumption. Once again, where did I and a lot of my friends learn about Runescape? Miniclip. I am sure Miniclip was not the reason the game went "downhill" since from what I take, you still had RWTers, spammers, scammers, and every other jackass that ruined the game. Get a clue dude, because you don't know what your talking about and you and your little group blame Miniclip for everything because it is the only "logical" explanation. Apparently the lure of a free online MMORPG wasn't the reason people were joining. I know people who learned about it from google.

The only points agreed from this thread:

-RWTers ruined many stuff.

-Unnecessary updates. (Curse you GOP activity bar! :wall: )

-The community. (ESPECIALLY whiny people, pures, and PKers. :x )

-Wilderness update. (NOT PKing, the areas only. I miss the Bone Yard. :( )

Otherwise, massive disagree, ESPECIALLY PKing. It's just about the worst thing in RS. Pures and PKers ruined many things for us, and they are just about the worst whiners ever.

I cannot believe people still like PKing, it's truly a piece of trash. -.-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention