RuneScape Economics Survey

redfish

Hello,

My name is Tanla Bilir. I am a graduate student at Georgia Institute of Technology. I am conducting a research study under the supervision of Celia Pearce, professor of the Digital Media Program.

The purpose of this research study is to evaluate the economic aspects of RuneScape game, including, but not limited to:

* How do the virtual economics of RuneScape reflect real-world economics?

* What are the perceptions of economics held by the players of RuneScape?

* How substantial are the amounts of actual, real-world money traded for virtual objects?

* What aspects of the virtual economic system are unrealistic (e.g., oversimplified, distorted)?

Here are some examples of the survey questions:

* How many months have you been playing RuneScape?

* What type of economic activities (buying/selling/trading, etc.) do you perform in RuneScape?

* Please list the top 3 economic activities you perform proficiently in RuneScape?

If you are a RuneScape player, this is our only requirement, please help this research effort.

We will really appreciate your participation. Here is the link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=qSnHq5yIbr5mrtlXfeekyA_3d_3d

Best wishes,

The user has permission from staff to post this in this forum.

Edit: We can not guarantee the content of the link except from it looks legit, but the topic is approved. I am posting this to avoid people filling this topic with "wrong forum" and other spam posts.

Feel free to discuss the content and subject of the survey in this topic, in addition to ask any further questions.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Hello,

My name is Tanla. I am a graduate student at Georgia Institute of Technology. I am conducting a research study under the supervision of Celia Pearce, professor of the Digital Media Program.

The purpose of this research study is to evaluate the economic aspects of RuneScape game, including, but not limited to:

* How substantial are the amounts of actual, real-world money traded for virtual objects?

* What aspects of the virtual economic system are unrealistic (e.g., oversimplified, distorted)?

* What type of economic activities (buying/selling/trading, etc.) do you perform in RuneScape?

* Please list the top 3 economic activities you perform proficiently in RuneScape?

If you are a RuneScape player, this is our only requirement, please help this research effort.

Best wishes,

I'll take a look at the survey. =D

I quoted it so those of us that use light themes could read it. ;)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Hello,

My name is Tanla. I am a graduate student at Georgia Institute of Technology. I am conducting a research study under the supervision of Celia Pearce, professor of the Digital Media Program.

Best wishes,

I'll take a look at the survey. =D

I quoted it so those of us that use light themes could read it. ;)

Thanks n_odie,

What exactly is the purpose of this study? What exactly are you trying to evaluate?

I still think it's just spam. He posted this several places around the forums and he's not even a regular tip.it member. He probably gets money whenever people do his survey or something like that.

What exactly is the purpose of this study? What exactly are you trying to evaluate?

Hello Bauke,

I indicated the purpose of my study in my message. It is the 1st message of this thread.

Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,

I still think it's just spam. He posted this several places around the forums and he's not even a regular tip.it member. He probably gets money whenever people do his survey or something like that.

Hello BlackKingX,

I can assure you it is not a spam. My name is Tanla Bilir, I am a graduate student at the Digital Media program at Georgia Institute of Technology.

This survey is related to my thesis. My thesis advisor is Dr.Celia Pearce.

If you have any concerns about this survey, you may refer to the related people that I indicated in the consent and assent forms of the survey. They appear before the actual survey.

I posted in only 2 forums, not several places around. I have taken permissions from forum moderators before posting in those forums.

I will be happy to answer if you have more questions.

Best wishes,

Uh yeah, perhaps you could answer my question about what the purpose is of this study. I know your name, and your professor now, but that still doesn't tell me anything.

I do presume you're doing this study with some sort of goal. Something you want to investigate. A hypothesis perhaps?

Uh yeah, perhaps you could answer my question about what the purpose is of this study. I know your name, and your professor now, but that still doesn't tell me anything.

I do presume you're doing this study with some sort of goal. Something you want to investigate. A hypothesis perhaps?

The goal of this study is to answer following questions:

I could not complete the survey.

After about 15 minutes of filling out forms, on page 4/7 I was given an illogical "please enter a positive number" prompt around the question asking you to list what your top the economic activities are in RS.

A numerical input there doesn't make sense. What's wrong here?

stormveritas.png

I could not complete the survey.

After about 15 minutes of filling out forms, on page 4/7 I was given an illogical "please enter a positive number" prompt around the question asking you to list what your top the economic activities are in RS.

A numerical input there doesn't make sense. What's wrong here?

Thanks for the feedback. I checked my survey design and I think I fixed the issue.

Sorry for trouble.

Well, I've done your survey.

Got me thinking a bit on the economies of Runescape,etc.

And lots of questions. :x

But still alright. ;)

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Redfish, Bluefish, one fish, two fish. I'm tempted to wait a couple weeks so I can say I'm 18, but I'll probably do it after school today.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Is there a way we can see anonymous results of this survey?

I think it could be interesting.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Hmm, I took the survey, but you guys need to watch out for your recovery questions. They ask a lot of questions related to the account itself including the username.

I took the survey, and I think its cool that the survey was posted on TIF. That must show we are very popular in runescape ::'

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Took the survey; kind of odd that you require people to answer the questions on the last page. I pretty much just had to say "I Don't RWT" on all of them. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum who does. Maybe you should post this on [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]? :P

or you could do an internet search for RS GP CHEAP or something similar - and then contact the webmasters and give them the survey.

I think you'd generate better responses.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪