Can anyone tell me why fire is the cheapest rune in RS?

Massive drops from slayer monsters, 80-83 alone will get 60k+

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Body rune I believe...

edit: Oh, fire is cheap because you get a lot of them during slayer... 1-85 got me 110k fires.

they drop fire runes too :wall: not only body. and body runes are like, 11 at a time.

And i guess slayer is a reason too, but i wouldent know, im not really big on slayer.

2203069_Fallout-3-Signature-Feel-Free-To-Use_620.jpg

There's are also very little demand. Most people use a fire/lava/steam staff for spells involving fire runes, so they're main use now is to pay the banker at zmi, and maybe alching without a staff while killing things.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

If you look at the combat spells, even fire spells require more air runes to cast.

Water runes are needed for Ancient spells.

What about Earth runes? Well, like others have pointed out, Fire runes are one of the most common rune drops in the game.

Also, Fire runes ARE one of the quickest runes to craft. It's just that most people choose profit instead when it comes to RCing.

rssig2.png

As has already been said, slayer monsters drop huge loads of fire runes. Dust devils drop several hundred at once and the average slayer task can weild 1k=2k fires. Fire giants drop them quite frequently too. Even bloodvelds if I'm not mistaken. The only demand for fire runes is players who use elemental spells (f2p) because it saves more money to use an air staff than a fire staff.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Lets see, common slayer task monsters drop loads of them. Here is a list of a few

Harpie Bugs

Fire Giants

Pyrefiend

Cockatrice

Dust Devils

Greater Demons

Lesser Demons

Black Dragons

and many many more, and they drop them in big ammounts too.

Body rune I believe...

edit: Oh, fire is cheap because you get a lot of them during slayer... 1-85 got me 110k fires.

they drop fire runes too :wall: not only body. and body runes are like, 11 at a time.

And i guess slayer is a reason too, but i wouldent know, im not really big on slayer.

He was talking about fires :wall:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

1) Altar location means of all the elemental runes they r uber easy to craft and r popular for power training

2) Slayer monsters drop a ton of them

3) 90% of rs players have a fire staff or lava staff and therefore no need of the runes

all in all it means huge supply, tiny demand

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

People seem to forget that Fire Runes are the main training method of most Runecrafters lvl 16-44.

So yeah.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

i rced fires simply because with ring of dueling a load could be done in under 60 seconds, including the loading times.

quick and easy.

so even before slayer they was easy to get hold of

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

I just wonder the reason.Fire is the most commonly used in combat magic and superheat or alchemy.Crafting fire is not the easiest runecrafting.

Runecrafting is not the only supply of Fire Runes. As others have mentioned, they're the most dropped item from slayer monsters, usually in the highest quality.

So they're cheap because of supply vs demand.

hzvjpwS.gif

Don't forget that it is also the highest level comabt based rune a F2P can craft. This means F2P Rcers are also responsible for this low price.

No one crafts fires on F2P...

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Apart from Slayer it is also because people tend to use fire staffs especially in f2p a lot more than they use other staffs so the need for runes even though it is more commonly used than other runes is less because more people use the staff.