North Korea launches a rocket

Deiophobus

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel physically sick reading some of the warmongering posts on this topic - who made the USA the world's policeman?

If a civillian showed up while your house was burning and saved you, would you ask them "Who made you fireman?"

Read that post again... then edit it so it isn't as ridiculous.

I feel physically sick reading some of the warmongering posts on this topic - who made the USA the world's policeman?

If a civillian showed up while your house was burning and saved you, would you ask them "Who made you fireman?"

he has a valid point, if noone else will deal with serious threats it falls to the US. The US has made some mistakes but at least it is trying.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

Oh, really?

Without the United States, a man named Sadaam Hussein (sp?) would be gallivanting about the Middle East, creating unrest wherever possible. Without the United States, a little country called North Korea would run rampant over the world with its new nuclear weapons. A world without the USA is a world with terror.

[English translation needed]

he has a valid point, if noone else will deal with serious threats it falls to the US. The US has made some mistakes but at least it is trying.

Yep. Pretty much the only reason we're the world police is because noone else will. As for NK, are they TRYING to screw everyone over?

Remember in WWI and WWII when the world was pissed at us for NOT getting involved?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Remember in WWI and WWII when the world was pissed at us for NOT getting involved?

Basically we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It might be ridiculous to you. But I'm sure there's somebody that was saved by an American soldier. But, of course, there's probably somebody out there that feels wronged by America.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I, for one, was unaware that the world was on fire.

I, for one, was unaware that the world was on fire.

Nope, just Australia.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Don't worry, Robert_de_Sable is just an angsty little Canadian child. I don't think he understands the United States Government or Constitution that well.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

What is Obama saying? He said unless we were directly attacked he would try his damnedest to stay out of any conflict involving NK. Well how did the US enter WWII? An attack by Japan on the US. How is the US going to enter WWIII? An attack on the US by NK.

Were you dropped on your head as a child or were you just born stupid?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

What is Obama saying? He said unless we were directly attacked he would try his damnedest to stay out of any conflict involving NK. Well how did the US enter WWII? An attack by Japan on the US. How is the US going to enter WWIII? An attack on the US by NK.

Are you having some flamebait fun or were you just born an e-jerk?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Are you just having some flamebait fun or were you just born an e-jerk?

Is this entire quote chain going to be two part questins or are you guys just a little bored?

Would we be on the internet if we weren't bored?

Edit: damnit, accidental C-c-c-combo breaker.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

He's mimicing me, learn the trade.

As for your question dizzle, I'm honestly just curious. Does he really think NK could actually cause a world war?

He's mimicing me, learn the trade.

As for your question dizzle, I'm honestly just curious. Does he really think NK could actually cause a world war?

I actually agree with you for once, it does seem unlikely that NK could back up an attack, and they really have no support from other countries. Still the insults to him seemed unneccesary.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Meh, force of habit.

Small actions can cause large wars. Remember WW1? That was basically started when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, because a Serbian killed their archduke. If a North Korean were to somehow assassinate Obama, or any high ranking politician in the US, you can bet there would be a huge public outcry for war. The US has a history of overreacting to things, and declaring war. I'm not saying I agree that North Korea will start a war, but it's a concept that is possible.

snowsigyy7.png

Small actions can cause large wars. Remember WW1? That was basically started when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia, because a Serbian killed their archduke. If a North Korean were to somehow assassinate Obama, or any high ranking politician in the US, you can bet there would be a huge public outcry for war. The US has a history of overreacting to things, and declaring war. I'm not saying I agree that North Korea will start a war, but it's a concept that is possible.

That wouldn't really be a small action. I really doubt North Korea has the balls for that anyways. Although the tangle of alliances would be much different, and we already have a handful of troops over in South Korea. Not to mention there's always at least one supercarrier cruising within eight hours travel of any potentially hostile nation. I think. Heard it on Discovery or the History channel... Anyways, NK would be swarmed from a hundred angles. Remember WWII? Those Japanese are itching to jump out of the grass and slice and/or dice.

Or we could go Mercenaries style.

And why would world war three require nuclear weapons? You guys are acting like people haven't realized "OH [cabbage] THESE ARE NOT COOL DAWG."

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Alright, if you don't think it can happen here is how its going to go down,

North Korea, now with long range ballistic missile capabilities, fires a missile at the US or an ally. That ally declares war on NK and we send some help, then China gets involved, they starts moving troops, we realize they are siding with NK, we get more involved, then Russia splits, the rebels side with China/NK and the others go with the allies, congratulations, you have just seen world war 3.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!