North Korea launches a rocket

Deiophobus

Didn't this happen before? I swear on my life I vividly remember something about NK launching a rocket over Japan and threatening military action if Japan shot down their "test launch". Must be an extreme case of déjà vu...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this happen before? I swear on my life I vividly remember something about NK launching a rocket over Japan and threatening military action if Japan shot down their "test launch". Must be an extreme case of déjà vu...

Nope it did, but NK couldn't get it up. [/bad and sick pun]

It crashed into the water before reaching any land.

I think that was with their original nuclear test. The US considered sending some military aid to Japan in case they were attacked.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

President Obama, in Prague to deliver a speech in which he vows to reduce the proliferation of nuclear weapons and material, condemned North Korea's launch of a ballistic missile, calling it a threat to the region and to international peace and security.

In a statement released just before midnight Eastern time, the president urged North Korea to abide by the United Nations Security Council resolutions which govern ballistic missile tests and to refrain from further "provocative" actions.

"The launch today of a Taepo-dong 2 missile was a clear violation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 1718, which expressly prohibits North Korea from conducting ballistic missile-related activities of any kind," he said. "With this provocative act, North Korea has ignored its international obligations, rejected unequivocal calls for restraint, and further isolated itself from the community of nations."

In the speech, to be delivered later this morning, Obama will call for a renewed effort to halt the spread of nuclear weapons around the globe, keep terrorists from acquiring nuclear material and eventually rid the world of nuclear weapons completely.

The president plans to say that the U.S. will continue to maintain a nuclear arsenal as long as nuclear weapons exist, according to a fact sheet distributed overnight by the White House. But he will propose a new effort to ratify a test ban treaty and pass a new international treaty to ban the production of fissile material.

The statement on the North Korea launch said that the U.S. will continue working through the six-party talks to make sure that the Korean Peninsula is denuclearized.

"North Korea has a pathway to acceptance in the international community, but it will not find that acceptance unless it abandons its pursuit of weapons of mass destruction and abides by its international obligations and commitments," the president said in the statement.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00021.html

North Korea should have gotten another country to launch their rocket for them, then this whole thing could have been avoided, including the UN Resolution violation.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Can't trust NK when it comes to things like this, could be a simple weather satellite or a nuclear / biological weapon, a WMD of some sorts.

Does NK even have any known missile defense systems? It would be utterly [developmentally delayed]ed for them to attack a country on WMD scale without a system to defend themselves from the in-coming barrage of missiles.

Even if it is just a satellite it still poses a threat. Before this NK didn't have any long range ballistic missiles, now that they have a satellite up in space they can triangulate missile strikes anywhere in the world. We should have taken the "satellite" out because, although we now know it isn't, it could have been a warhead. Its better to have one small nation pissed of at us because we shot a missile down then let them have it and then 30 million American lives are lost. The next "satellite" could really be a bomb and Kim will say "Well the last 2 were harmless". Then our ally will get bombed (or us) and then we will smoke check NK, then China will be mad and so on so fourth.. <---- All avoidable by a simple Patriot missile and some hard feelings. I mean, honestly, what could NK do if we shot down the satellite. Mabey nuke SK and start a war.. then we carpet bomb the life outta them and make NK the new Atlantis.

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

According to ABC news, North Korea claims it was for broadcasting music. That's code for its for killing large amounts of people.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Lol, North Korea is so adorable ::'

If I could have any one wish granted, I'd wish that the entirety of North Korea, citizens, landmass and all, was sent to Europa. Permanently.

Sweat to God. It's really not even funny any more, and it sure as hell ain't going to get any funnier. For the sake of the world, North Korea should not exist.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If I could have any one wish granted, I'd wish that the entirety of North Korea, citizens, landmass and all, was sent to Europa. Permanently.

Sweat to God. It's really not even funny any more, and it sure as hell ain't going to get any funnier. For the sake of the world, North Korea should not exist.

Why Europe..?

Why not just dump them on Mars or something.

You're so adorable ::'

p2gq.jpg

Why Europe..?

Europa is one of the moons of Jupiter.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

To expand on this it is the one that is covered in ice and there is a possibility that life exists there (under the ice near the core if it is warmer). It's also the focus of the last 3 Space Odyssey books by Arthur C. Clarke.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

You're so adorable ::'

Why ty. May I haz cookie?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Why Europe..?

/Faceplant.

Why give it such a confusing name...

Now I agree with you. :P

Why Europe..?

/Faceplant.

Why give it such a confusing name...

Now I agree with you. :P

That would be because Europa was named after one of Zeus relations in greek mythology, europe was as well. Jupiter is Zeus' roman counterpart, thus Jupiter has moons named for all of the women Zeus uhh... knew.

The US is unlikely to overreact, the last thing I would expect out of Obama is an overly harsh approach.

Unlikely this will amount to anything, North Korea doesnt have the army to back up an attack on anyone; however, the international community needs to find a way to deal with it.

North Korea is ranked fourth in the world in terms of active troops.

[English translation needed]

The US is unlikely to overreact, the last thing I would expect out of Obama is an overly harsh approach.

Unlikely this will amount to anything, North Korea doesnt have the army to back up an attack on anyone; however, the international community needs to find a way to deal with it.

North Korea is ranked fourth in the world in terms of active troops.

my bad, but how advanced is that army? 50 modern infantry with rifles would take out out 1000 guys with clubs easily, and I dont think North Korea really has the support to pull anything off.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.