North Korea launches a rocket

Deiophobus

Alright, if you don't think it can happen here is how its going to go down,

North Korea, now with long range ballistic missile capabilities, fires a missile at the US or an ally. That ally declares war on NK and we send some help, then China gets involved, they starts moving troops, we realize they are siding with NK, we get more involved, then Russia splits, the rebels side with China/NK and the others go with the allies, congratulations, you have just seen world war 3.

Except China siding with North Korea would never happen unless they did nothing first, and other countries just started bombing the [cabbage] out of them. If North Korea ever fires a missile and it hits any other country China at the very worst would just stay out of it. More than likely they would be against North Korea.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel physically sick reading some of the warmongering posts on this topic - who made the USA the world's policeman?

If a civillian showed up while your house was burning and saved you, would you ask them "Who made you fireman?"

Read that post again... then edit it so it isn't as ridiculous.

Oh, really?

Without the United States, a man named Sadaam Hussein (sp?) would be gallivanting about the Middle East, creating unrest wherever possible. Without the United States, a little country called North Korea would run rampant over the world with its new nuclear weapons. A world without the USA is a world with terror.

LMFAO, how old are you? 14? Typical wannabe tinpot dictator

North Korea, now with long range ballistic missile capabilities, fires a missile at the US or an ally. That ally declares war on NK and we send some help, then China gets involved, they starts moving troops, we realize they are siding with NK, we get more involved, then Russia splits, the rebels side with China/NK and the others go with the allies, congratulations, you have just seen world war 3.

Except China siding with North Korea would never happen unless they did nothing first, and other countries just started bombing the [cabbage] out of them. If North Korea ever fires a missile and it hits any other country China at the very worst would just stay out of it. More than likely they would be against North Korea.

Exactly, there is no reason for China to stick its neck out and start a war (especially on the size being talked about here) in defence of NK - to be honest, if the US suddenly did invade NK without provocation I can't see China starting WWIII because of its links, its just not worth it for them - why risk your world position for one terrible little country you have vague links with?

Exactly, there is no reason for China to stick its neck out and start a war (especially on the size being talked about here) in defence of NK - to be honest, if the US suddenly did invade NK without provocation I can't see China starting WWIII because of its links, its just not worth it for them - why risk your world position for one terrible little country you have vague links with?

Because you have a secret plan for world domination, and that's exactly the excuse you were looking for to launch it.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

Go back and study what led up the first the two world wars.

Also, go back and study how much everyone hates North Korea. EVERYONE.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Because you have a secret plan for world domination, and that's exactly the excuse you were looking for to launch it.

If you have a secret plan for world domination, why do you need an excuse to launch it?

Also, good point Reb, noone is going to put their necks on the line for NK, no-one.

North Korea has only nominal support from China in the form of economical aid (some millions of dollars per year, petrol, food) and political ideology. They used to recieve very significant military equipment and financial support from the Soviet Union back when it still existed, modern Russia doesn't really help them in any way except for providing technology (at a price).

They have no real allies should a war begin where NK is the aggressor. China has absolutely zero economical interests in North Korea, the only thing still connecting the two countries is the conservative communist politicians who still want to hang on to their ideologies.

The North Korean military isn't insignificant though; Soldiers being the only social class that actually get proper shelter, food and clothing, plus the long training periods and awards for patriotism during conscription, the soldiers are extremely motivated in their own tasks. They also have extremely unfavourable views towards South Korean, Japanese and American soldiers which are their most likely enemies, due to propaganda they learn since childhood, which would further fuel their efforts if a war should begin.

People underestimate the military capability of NK. It's only real weakness lies in it's lack of a modernized air force, and to some extent a navy. Their artillery, weaponry, missiles and heavy armoured vehicles could devastate any 1st world country's army should they fully mobilize. Most of their military bases are also deep underground and are immune to air strikes and enemy missiles.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... k/army.htm

According to remarks made by General LaPorte, commander USFK, during congressional testimony in March 2003 North Korea has for the past 10 or 12 years adapted its military on what the military leadership perceives as the strengths of the United States military. The KPA has adapted in several ways. First in terms of communications the North Korean military has developed an indigenous, frequency-hopping radio that allows soldiers to communicate in a secure mode. Fiber optics have been installed between fixed facilities. And in attempt to protect its forces from US surveillance and air capabilities, the North Koreans have built a tremendous number of underground facilities throughout North Korea to protect leadership and critical forces.

Not to mention the nuclear weapons threat the country poses plus it's 700,000 active military personnel, it's not just a 'weak dictatorship'. It's a completely militarized nation which is a real threat to any country.

There is reason to worry because the US hasn't always had good relations with North Korea.

Were you responding to something, or just making an obvious comment for the hell of it?

I think he was just saying.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Don't worry, Robert_de_Sable is just an angsty little Canadian child. I don't think he understands the United States Government or Constitution that well.

Yes, I am Canadian. I'm not a child, though. Swing and a miss.

And no, I don't understand the United States constitution very well. I believe I even said so in the "4th Amendment" thread.

[English translation needed]

Most of their military bases are also deep underground and are immune to air strikes and enemy missiles.

And thats why some country invented the "Bunker-Buster Missile"

Besides, now in today's world, if you have a weak Navy and Air Force, your pretty much screwed. A weak Air Force would easily bring the downfall of you ground troops because the troops would get killed easily since they have no air support, the Air Force would also prevent attacks from the air on strategic areas (Like factories making weapons or ship yards)

Besides, if NK fires a missile at one nations, NK would be dead in a few years, the military sent in by other countries would decimate the NK military and leave them totally screwed over.

Don't worry, Robert_de_Sable is just an angsty little Canadian child. I don't think he understands the United States Government or Constitution that well.

And no, I don't understand the United States constitution very well. I believe I even said so in the "4th Amendment" thread.

you sure act like one

you sure act like one

Hypocrisy, hilarious.