Quest Library

Hello, I have visited these forums for a long time (I used to have an old name and everything, but I forgot it) and I just recently had an idea I would like to share, so I decided to make a new account. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Basically I was on the phone with a very good friend of mine (in real life) who happens to also play runescape and we were talking about the subject of quests. Some people thoroughly enjoy them, others despise them, others do them just because they want a certain item (legends cape, barrows gloves, etc.) My thought is that for certain quests (for example, recipe for disaster), you have to work pretty hard and get an arsenal of requirements to finally complete your goal and if you enjoyed a particular part of a quest, shouldn't you be able to?

A couple of weeks ago, I completed Swan Song because I wanted a better training food than lobsters, and I was very entertained by the Old Man's stories that he tells you (No spoilers, I promise) and I thought "those would be cool to see again for a laugh sometime", but this idea hadn't yet came to me.

Anyway, I developed the idea of (and this isn't obviously closed to suggestions) to have a maybe a particular place, such as a wing added on to the Varrock Library, to where players could go back and depending on how many quests they have done, could have stories based on their adventure through the quest. This could also be helpful for trying to remember something in a series (The Mournings End series)

All in all I just wanted to share my idea because I want to know your guys' honest opinion on if it would be pretty neat and convienient to just leisurely go to the Varrock Library or wherever it would be placed and look back on some of the adventures you worked so hard for.

Hope you read all of this, ::'

Dark.

darkjedi62.png

Range is my favorite combat skill <3

I actually have:

26 Summoning

18 Construction

and 20 Hunter =)

I once heard someone suggest that you could relook at old quest cutscenes by sleeping in your bed. So you'd like, dream them and see them again or something.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Very nice idea! At the very least, they could have a summary of what happened in the quest with the ability to replay the cutscenes -- would really contribute to the lore of Runescape, which they've been trying to do. I think this would do more than anything to improve Runescape lore. Of course, it's possible to do the same thing right now by going to Youtube, but it would be better if it could be done in game. That would then provide an incentive to embed more hints, etc. in the cutscenes and dialogue so that the true historians of Runescape could pour over them trying to puzzle things out.

punitivedsig.png

I've had similar ideas.

I've settled on a new hot spot in the quest hall of the POH, which would be instead of stairs or a carpet.

It would be a big orb kind of thing which would let you see past quest cut scenes.

I got the idea from the banker in Draynor who shows you the Wise Old Man robbing the bank through a security orb or whatever.

2v8sgvs.png

Thanks alot so far guys, I appreciate it.

Well as for the POH idea, I think it would be fair enough to make it available to free players as well (even though they have far less quest content, it would be nice nonetheless.) Also, I myself don't particularly construct much at all because I use my money for things better suited to my playing style, but I'll get around to it :D

Lastly, Eric, I'm not familiar with my character having a bed, unless you're referring to RSC Sleeping Bags, lol.

darkjedi62.png

I actually have:

26 Summoning

18 Construction

and 20 Hunter =)

You can install beds in your POH's.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Not a bad idea. Maybe you can even fight old quest battles at the level you were and your current level to see how you've improved. For no exp/drops/rewards of course.

I had thought a Cinema Room. Chairs, a silver screen, and even a popcorn machine for added fun!

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

This is a great idea. Previously I have to settle on looking at the quest guides on tipit or runewikia to reference my runescape history, an ingame feature would make it even better.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

In the latest quest you can talk to baba yaga after the quest to see the cutscenes again. Perhaps this is something that Jagex are experimenting with and one day we will be able to see them all again :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

In the latest quest you can talk to baba yaga after the quest to see the cutscenes again. Perhaps this is something that Jagex are experimenting with and one day we will be able to see them all again :D

Well I would certainly hope so.

I mean the two main reasons I decided to post this was because 1. I wanted to get people's opinions on this and 2. If I had enough support I would post on the the official forums but I'm not sure yet..

darkjedi62.png

I actually have:

26 Summoning

18 Construction

and 20 Hunter =)

I've had similar ideas.

I've settled on a new hot spot in the quest hall of the POH, which would be instead of stairs or a carpet.

It would be a big orb kind of thing which would let you see past quest cut scenes.

I got the idea from the banker in Draynor who shows you the Wise Old Man robbing the bank through a security orb or whatever.

I support this idea, but what if they'd make it like a Pensieve, as a Harry Potter reference?

priest_wiz.png

Awesome idea, Id love to see some of the old quest cutscenes, quite a few have probably even been updated since I did them so they'd be new to me.

Only difficulty i could see with this idea would be that the game would either have to remember what you looked like when you did the quest or just have you wearing what your wearing when you ask to replay the cutscene.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I would be happy with anything that allowed you to view past cutscenes. Jagex puts a lot of work into them so shouldn't we be able to enjoy them again and again?

I'm an avid quester and enjoy the storylines immensely so anything that would allow this would be great. I like all of the ideas shared here, they could all work very well.

i like this idea, but shouldn't this be in suggestion forums, i hate it when i do quests and i can't remember what i did...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

Thanks alot so far guys, I appreciate it.

Well as for the POH idea, I think it would be fair enough to make it available to free players as well (even though they have far less quest content, it would be nice nonetheless.)

Also, if your membership ran out but you still wanted to look upon the quests. :)