Reading

AndyPandy

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I just finished reading Brave New World :thumbsup: . You should definitely read Brave New World Revised, it will give you a lot more insight for your report &c. Also, from what I've been reading on these forums, I'm sure a lot of members will lend a helping hand for your report (these people would marry the book if they could).

And before that book, I read 1984. Now I'm craving more future apocalyptic novels in the same grain as these two, they really get the brain workin'. Even though BNW was extremely brief, Huxley perfectly conveyed everything that was needed to know about it's society and how it worked without being dull, sorta like in 1984.

Now i'm reading The Velocity of Honey by Jay Ingram, the host of Daily Planet. I was going to read Dawkin's new book but my dad absolutely forbids me to read anything before he does (although I find this childish, he is the one that buys all our books, so I can't complain).

hiccup.png

I want to read Shatter by Michael Robotham, but I can't find a copy. :cry:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I issued Shatter out from the library. I'm currently reading The Suspect by Michael Robotham, not as good as Shatter though.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm still reading that Diablo Archive I've been reading for weeks. In fact, I'm still on book 1. I stopped reading entirely for about 2 weeks, though.

I don't really read books, I usually just read the Newspapers, especially the sports section :grin: and obviously, Forums, etc. :cool:

I was the same way for a long time, but my friend got me reading and it has stuck for the most part. That was only 3 years ago, though.

^ I just finished reading Brave New World :thumbsup: . You should definitely read Brave New World Revised, it will give you a lot more insight for your report &c. Also, from what I've been reading on these forums, I'm sure a lot of members will lend a helping hand for your report (these people would marry the book if they could).

And before that book, I read 1984. Now I'm craving more future apocalyptic novels in the same grain as these two, they really get the brain workin'. Even though BNW was extremely brief, Huxley perfectly conveyed everything that was needed to know about it's society and how it worked without being dull, sorta like in 1984.

Now i'm reading The Velocity of Honey by Jay Ingram, the host of Daily Planet. I was going to read Dawkin's new book but my dad absolutely forbids me to read anything before he does (although I find this childish, he is the one that buys all our books, so I can't complain).

Is brave new world revised just like a copy of the book with what's going on being talked about? That sentence doesn't make any sense, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to read a biography for school, which sucks because I just started reading the Drizzt novels by R.A Salvatore. Riddled with spelling and grammar errors, but still pretty entertaining.

Yesterday I saw Stephen Kings new giant book Under the Dome being sold on Amazon for 9 dollars instead of 35 and I preordered as soon as I saw that. So I guess in a couple weeks I'll be reading that.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I started reading Foundation and The God Delusion. They both are really good so far.

The God Delusion is absolutely hilarious, the things those crazy religious people say (lots of quotes in the first sections of the book.)

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Lost Symbol was really disappointing

Have to agree. The good Mr Brown is getting a tad to pompus for my taste now.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Is brave new world revised just like a copy of the book with what's going on being talked about? That sentence doesn't make any sense, but oh well.

Brave New World revised is about Huxley's comments about the world decades after he wrote the book. He writes about future problems he forsees, like overpopulation and mind control using subliminal suggestion.

revan-1.gif

I don't read that much but I enjoy it. :smile:

I'm now reading "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkien.

I like that book. But my sister hated it when she read it.

I think The Hobbit is actually my favourite of J.R.R. Tolkien's books :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I might have to agree with that. It is one I plan to buy soon.

It was the only one that didn't manage to bore me.

Just got the Transitions Trilogy by R.A Salvatore because I am sick of waiting for the library to transfer the others in the series. What's jumping ahead fifteen books?

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've posted the following comment, almost word-for-word, in this thread before, but I'll say it again.

Most people either love or hate The Lord of the Rings, but almost everyone enjoys The Hobbit. I enjoy basically everything by Tolkien, but The Hobbit is definitely one of my favorites. (either favorite or second favorite, after RotK)

I finished 1984, it was nowhere as good as I expected. The first half was okay, then it got rather boring. I have to say I liked Animal Farm a lot better.

I'm now reading Brave New World. Only a few pages in, so I can't judge it yet, but I hope it's not another letdown. My English teacher likes it quite a lot.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I've read the entire series of Unfortunate Events, Entire Alex Rider series, but lately i've been into Stephen King. I'm reading "It" currently. Its pretty good, so far.

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

I'm reading Hamlet right now. I really like it but I like Macbeth more, if only because Hamlet is a sorta lame name while Macbeth is just BA.

Let's see . . . read the Oedipus plays . . . The Great Gatsby (overrated) . . .

I have a huge to-read list if I ever find the time. Looking forward to more Faulkner. Also, Everything That Rises Must Converge, because I'm a Lost addict. The copy I picked up has some rather weird diary-esque notes written in it, in Spanish =\

p2gq.jpg

We read The Catcher in the Rye for our English coursework, I think it's decent and has quite a lot of depth to it, it's just not gripping.

We've started Wuthering Heights, it's written in all flappy fancy English but I understand most of it surprisingly :unsure:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].