Reading

AndyPandy

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting started on The God Delusion, jaerk reminded me I had it at the bottom of my "to read" pile

Do you like it?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I'm reading Steven King's Dark Tower. Almost done with II now (He just entered The Pusher), and I like it. Gonna be harder to get thru when we start reading in English (Including Catcher and the Rye, ^).

After this, the next on the list I've yet to make looks to be Dante's Divine Comedy.

Recently finished Brave New World, The Pearl and 1984, and honestly... Brave New World is my new favorite book.

The Pearl was rather... well, I didn't really like it. Sure, Steinbeck was all descriptive and everything, but everything seemed so rushed. In his other words it seemed more natural, but it just seemed like he forced the rushing on this book. I've been wondering if anyone felt the same about the book.

Anyone have a clue when A Song of Ice and Fire - Dancing with Dragons by George R.R. Martin comes out?

My suggestion would be to chillax and forget about it. It's been almost five years already. Just let yourself be surprised when he finally does finish the damn thing.

p2gq.jpg

Recently finished The Da Vinci Code. Was a pretty good and satisfying book. Going to read Angels and Demons whenever it gets in at the library. Currently reading Nostradamus for Dummies, then planning on delving into a translation of his prophecies.... Also have Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, haven't started it though.

Yeah you'll kill me for this but I'm planning on re-reading the Twilight series again. I start to hate them because of everyone's thoughts on how badly they're written then I read them again and realize it might be sad of me but I really don't care. :twisted: She got a whole bunch of people who normally wouldn't read books to read and I guess that's a good thing.

Also being forced to read To Kill a Mockingbird in English. It's not that it's horrible but the reading study guides are stupid. I think it is an admirable book and I finished it and enjoyed it, probably due to the point of view.

Anything by Terry Pratchett = win. Also like book by Neil Gaiman and George Orwell but tbh I'll read anything me, even books aimed at younger readers (like garth Nix etc) just because I love fantasy. Everything else is grand too but there's just something about fantasy. :P

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Studying the film Let Him Have It! in English, considering buying the book to accompany it and just generally help with my study of the film.

I had to study that and write an essay on it for my English Language GCSE. It's pretty depressing.

On Topic, I'm reading the new Frankie Boyle 'autobiography', with a title that I cannot say :P

I'm getting started on The God Delusion, jaerk reminded me I had it at the bottom of my "to read" pile

Do you like it?

I haven't gotten very far but it looks good. I really want to read his new book, which my dad won't let me read until he's done... and he has about 7 books to read before he gets around to it <_<

hiccup.png

I really want 1984. :(

I've read it but the ending just makes you want to cringe.

The goody is meant to win!!!!

I've read

animal farm

all harry Potters

noughts and crosses (till third book, really good)

hitchikers guide (till the third book, then I got bored)

and more books.

What's 1985!! I want to readz it up.

meatlover.png

I'm currently reading the Succubus Series by Richelle Mead, it's good if you like super natural, it's got alot of adult content though.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I'm currently reading the Succubus Series by Richelle Mead, it's good if you like super natural, it's got alot of adult content though.

*sings* I know what a Succubus is... With no research. *sings*

is it about the demons that... Do rude things. S E X

meatlover.png

My English coursework so far has required me to read absolutely no classics. My course syllabus said we were supposed to read a Tale of Two Cities, but with only basically a month left...

We were also supposed to read the Odyssey...

Since it's a course requirement we have to read Romeo and Juliet and memorize one of Romeo's speeches. Because god forbid in the worst class I've ever had we at least read a good shakespeare play.

Currently reading the Sheriff of Yrnameer. It's bloody brilliant, kind of like Hitchhikers Guide, but completely different. Every time I read it I envision Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation saying the words because it just sounds like his style. Everyone wanting something funny to read should grab this.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I read, but not very often.

I just finished the first 3 books of the Artemis Fowl series. They were nice reads. :thumbup:

I'm currently reading The Wish List, also made by Eoin Colfer.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I just finished Foundation. Pretty good, I probably will read the rest of the series.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I have finally decided to read the Darren Shan saga, since the storyline in the movie was pretty good. If not for the movie, they would probably have gone unnoticed by me. Now I just have to get my hands on a copy of the first few, and finish the books I have in my to-read pile.

I have finally decided to read the Darren Shan saga, since the storyline in the movie was pretty good. If not for the movie, they would probably have gone unnoticed by me. Now I just have to get my hands on a copy of the first few, and finish the books I have in my to-read pile.

Tell me how it is.

I automatically tend to steer clear of covers like Darren Shan's ones, you know, with sparkly glitterly eye catching designs. Aswell as the ones that have raised covers or transparent covers. Yuuuch.

People say you cant judge a book by it's cover, but you can and it's very easy to.

Just finished the original 1818 text of Frankstein so I can do an analysis for university. Frankenstein as an allegory for British colonialism in India... What?

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Tell me how it is.

I automatically tend to steer clear of covers like Darren Shan's ones, you know, with sparkly glitterly eye catching designs. Aswell as the ones that have raised covers or transparent covers. Yuuuch.

People say you cant judge a book by it's cover, but you can and it's very easy to.

I think they really ought to change it to "you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover". Because, quite often, I agree with you. But I won't get to the Darren Shan books until at least Christmas, probably into the new year.