Reading

AndyPandy

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read, but not very often.

I just finished the first 3 books of the Artemis Fowl series. They were nice reads. :thumbup:

I'm currently reading The Wish List, also made by Eoin Colfer.

I am an adult, and yet I have read that series at least 5 times through. Very well written indeed.

However, I am a voracious reader, and read almost every book more than once, or twice. Some I have read as many as 15 times.

On the topic of colfer, Airman is probably his best work.

Personally, I just finished reading through the Inheritance Cycle again, and it is easily on my top 3 book series.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I have finally decided to read the Darren Shan saga, since the storyline in the movie was pretty good. If not for the movie, they would probably have gone unnoticed by me. Now I just have to get my hands on a copy of the first few, and finish the books I have in my to-read pile.

I read those books in around 4th grade. I remember very little of them, but I know I really liked them then and that they were hard to put down.

I'm currently reading Paper Towns by John Green for my English class. (It's a Young Adult coming-of-age/mystery novel). I'm about halfway through, it's a fun read so far, it's getting good.

I have finally decided to read the Darren Shan saga, since the storyline in the movie was pretty good. If not for the movie, they would probably have gone unnoticed by me. Now I just have to get my hands on a copy of the first few, and finish the books I have in my to-read pile.

I read those books in around 4th grade. I remember very little of them, but I know I really liked them then and that they were hard to put down.

Hopefully, I'll get a good amount of reading done before I go back to work in the new year, so I can read them while I'm employed.

I am currently reading Untamed by P.C and Kristen Cast. It is the 4th book in the house of night series.

I have seriously gotten into it, to the point I read the last book in three days.

I have a hour and a half break at work, so that is usually spent reading.

I dont sleep well at the moment, so I am usually reading alot of the time at home. As I dont have the internet at my flat (I am at my parents at the moment) I just read all day..... or do cross stitch.

lizzy_wizzy.png

lizzy_wizzy.png

Tell me how it is.

I automatically tend to steer clear of covers like Darren Shan's ones, you know, with sparkly glitterly eye catching designs. Aswell as the ones that have raised covers or transparent covers. Yuuuch.

People say you cant judge a book by it's cover, but you can and it's very easy to.

It is a brilliant series, the storyline is brilliant, and they are really hard to put down. The final book is especially good.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Tell me how it is.

I automatically tend to steer clear of covers like Darren Shan's ones, you know, with sparkly glitterly eye catching designs. Aswell as the ones that have raised covers or transparent covers. Yuuuch.

People say you cant judge a book by it's cover, but you can and it's very easy to.

It is a brilliant series, the storyline is brilliant, and they are really hard to put down. The final book is especially good.

I'm reading the Demonata series my friend baught the last book and he just finished reading it. Apparently it's an EPIC book, and I hardly ever read but Darren shan is just pro.

The last one is Hell's heroes and I will start reading it tomorrow, I hope they make a film for the Demonata series, because the vampire series is way too gothic / stupid.

I just finished reading several books:

- Living Green Communities that Sustain (Jennifer Fosket & Laura Mamo)

Pretty good... different than the usual greenwashed bull that I find floating around.

- Dragon and Thief (Timothy Zahn)

Although it is an adult science fiction book, I found it to be very childish, but not a horrible book. If I was 8 again, I'm sure that I would have loved it.

- Dead Shot (Jack Coughlin & Donald A. Davis)

Interesting, but it feels shallow and uninteresting when compared to War of The Rats

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished reading "the gathering storm" book twelve of the wheel of time series.

Brandon Sanderson's style of writing is different then Robert Jordan's but it was still a great read and can't wait for the last two books in the series and I hope he does the prequel sereis that Robert was working on before his death as well.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• 1 month later...

Obligatory bump :ugeek:

Just finished reading The Greatest Show on Earth earlier this morning. It's a really good book, but there was always a little voice in the back of my mind saying "you already know all these things, why are you reading this".

...Time to get started on And Another Thing, which is part six of three in the Hitchiker's Guide series. Yep, there's an official part 6, look it up.

hiccup.png

I'm currently reading Pirate Latitudes. About half way through, I haven't had that much time to read since i started it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm currently reading Pirate Latitudes. About half way through, I haven't had that much time to read since i started it.

Ahhh, you have to tell me what you think of it!

I read this book in one straight sitting :blink:

It was veeeery odd trying to wrap my head around the fact that it was a Michael Crichton book. His other works are so technical and scientific, and PL is much more basic, and the most complex bits of mechanical/scientific talk seems to revolve around the ships/cannons/etc. However, these parts definitely ring true with his usual style.

Overall, this is actually one of my favorite M.C. books! :thumbup:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I like to read mythology, history, philosophy and historical documents... I know, I'm a nerd :P

I organize my books into "books to read", "Approved", "meh" and "I was forced to read these for school...".

In my approved section some of the books I have is The Prophet, 1984, the Ugly American and The Scarlet Letter.

In my to read section I have a lot... I wish I had more time to read, some of them are: The Divine Comedy, Atlas Shrugged, Liberal Fascism, The Social Contract

In my meh section: Mein Kampf, The Communist Manifesto, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

In my "I was forced to read these for school..." section: a bunch of crap I wish I didn't read, but the worst of all.... Near a Thousand Tables... if you have to read it... just don't.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

I've found over the past few years that the quickest way for me to forget what someone looks like is to cast them as a character in a book I'm reading, especially the protagonist. Never fails.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif