Fletching, firemaking and cooking - Skillcapes of dirt?

RuneAge

Getting a 99 shouldn't be done just to impress others, but be made as a personal goal. That's what Runescape is all about, isn't it?

I do not totaly agree with you.

offcourse you get a 99 for yourself, but you are wearing the cape to show everyone that you have 99 in that skill. ( and because you like it ).

Yes, but the skillcape bonus is something that makes it attractive to wear. ;) I do agree that you should get a 99 if you like the skill. (I got 99 Firemaking because I like the skill. Yes, really.)

yes that's true, if you don't like the skill why sould you get 99 in it then. just do whatever you like :wall:

mdeosig.png

hytbanner2.png

Proud (retired) Tip.it Times Editor! Tip.it Times Archives TET event forum

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, anyone with one of those 3 capes deserves some credit.

I can't seem to get 99 in any,despite having 99 in agility, which usually means loads of patience. :XD:

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

I give people props for sticking with a skill to 99, but I'd guess most did it only for a cape. If they don't care for that skill, and they just want a fancy 99 cape so they can show off, it's kinda cheap.

News flash: almost every 99 skill is gotten just for the cape. How many people were getting 99s before skillcapes were released? What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with cooking, fletching, or firemaking. In fact, those aren't even the worst ones. Look at farming. Nobody gets 99 farming by accident because they train it so much. Nobody gets 99 farming because they want to reap the benefits of being able to plant all the exclusive stuff you can plant at level 99.

I give people props for sticking with a skill to 99, but I'd guess most did it only for a cape. If they don't care for that skill, and they just want a fancy 99 cape so they can show off, it's kinda cheap.

News flash: almost every 99 skill is gotten just for the cape. How many people were getting 99s before skillcapes were released? What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with cooking, fletching, or firemaking. In fact, those aren't even the worst ones. Look at farming. Nobody gets 99 farming by accident because they train it so much. Nobody gets 99 farming because they want to reap the benefits of being able to plant all the exclusive stuff you can plant at level 99.

What about 99 farming from herb seeds? Some people enjoy earning money from farming, and some people get 99 just off herbs.

What about 99 farming from herb seeds? Some people enjoy earning money from farming, and some people get 99 just off herbs.

It would take about 3500 five-patch snapdragon runs to get 99 farming with only herbs. At an average of three runs a day, that's over three years. Not likely.

They ask what's the point of 99 in firemaking because 99 in firemaking is pointless.

Where's pie been lately? Haven't seen you in the chat.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I agree that if a majority of the materials were woodcut and fished by the player themselves, then its prestigious to wear that cape.

Though NOT buying a Prayer cape is almost impossible, if not unrealistic.

I tried to deny that for years but i caved in to get piety and, for a cheapskate, i burnt 2.5m on dragon bones. The time and or wealth involved make a prayer cape not nooby to have despite its buyability.

By comparison none of these skills are that much slower if you buy all your materials, its just cheaper because no combat is involved in the materials gathering.

I feel though that any skillcape shows a dedication i dont have yet, and congradulations to anyone who stuck it in for any 99 in any way. Most of my balance actually comes from a short attention span. But i still am trying to make it so that my first skillcape is neither fletching, firemaking, nor cooking.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

I have 99 cooking. I read this and thought about getting 99 fletching.

I'm getting it because its easy, and I want another 99, and so my cape will be trimmed.

It still takes time though, and dedication. And no matter what 99 it is, the going will get tough eventually.

No 99 is "easy" just easier than others.

PS I might get 99 fm as well. Then I would have 3 skillcapes of dirt, but it would be beautiful dirt.

king_bawoul.png

Top it off with farming cape as your fourth, to complete the dirt theme.

not a useless skill but theres a soil pun in there somewhere.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

this topic has been discussed so many times.... be more orginal

^This is true actually, I remember there was this one back in January that ran 13 pages and developed a good argument on it.

That reminds me, I should point out that a firemaking cape takes about 85 hours with maples, which for an average player making around 200k gp/hr it takes about the same time to obtain as a set of full dragon. If you think full dragon is a worthy/impressive achievement, that's something to think about.

I only consider Cooking and fletching ''Easy'' skills becouse they take less time and cash also clicks i forgot that than others.

Not dirt just easy firemaking requires to much patience and clicks so i don't consider this an easy skill.

Also construcion is on my list of ''easy'' if you have the cash if pretty fast, faster than any skill eva.

But people preferences is diferent and this is just an opinion.

spy2j.jpg

I agree that if a majority of the materials were woodcut and fished by the player themselves, then its prestigious to wear that cape.

Why not make the money at the Karamja banana farm and buy the ingredients, if using slower methods is more prestigious?

99 Fletching can be used to raise money. I personally used it to fund all my decent gear. For this reason it isn't nooby to get. What's nooby about making money and skilling?

99 Firemaking is a chore, a long and hard grind doing one of the most boring things ever. It requires dedication as you are getting nothing out of it. It's pointless XP. For that reason it isn't nooby.

99 Cooking is also a very good way to earn cash. Sure you can buy it, but you can also use MTK and farming to net a nice profit with a little extra work with potatoes. Out of the 3 this is probably the most nooby, but it has benefits (not burning shark with cape) all the way to 99.

People really shouldn't judge.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I should point out that a firemaking cape takes about 85 hours with maples

You mean Yews, right? Maples are only 100 xp per log.

Maples are 135 xp per log, Yews are 202.5. You can burn up to 1380 logs per hour. With the fire ring and gloves you get 5% more exp, too. You should do better research next time. :P

[404] Signature not found.

99 Cooking is also a very good way to earn cash. Sure you can buy it, but you can also use MTK and farming to net a nice profit with a little extra work with potatoes. Out of the 3 this is probably the most nooby, but it has benefits (not burning shark with cape) all the way to 99.

Shark stops burning at 94 with cooking gauntlets.

Shark stops burning at 94 with cooking gauntlets.

If you have 99 cooking why would you want cooking gauntlets? Personally I have them as goldsmith ones and use the capes +1 boost to cook the minimal shark I cook.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

This you got you do it manualy. Maybe I'll think the same if Jagex ever make burn-x which i hope they never will.

Yes i hope this doesn't happen to, because all of the people who worked hard towards 99 firemaking (me included) will be frowned upon due to they may think we used the "burn-x" method, but i doubt if it will ever come out, "crosses fingers" :wall:

Just like it happened with cook-x, fletch-x and string-x?

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

Buying levels has been in existence even before the capes were introduced. I knew friends who bought smithing levels, for example.

To make what could be a long post short... If you apply buying levels to skills like cooking, firemaking, and fletching... you have to apply it to all the other skills that it could be possible in. Whether it be buying essence for RC, seeds for Farming, or smelted bars for Smithing... it's no different then the three skills brought into question.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I'm getting 99 cook atm and yes, i'm buying the fish and cooking it but i like cooking, it's a nice skill.

I like mining too but it comes too boring after 70s. But cooking no, you can chat with friends when you cook, or play GBA, watch youtube, etc...

and isn't it great when you show you don't burn swordfish, monks or even sharks at 99 cook? ;)

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.