People who tell others what to do.

Youmu

Ok, firstly I must say, this is my first and ever rant.

Now, here's the rant.

Whenever I go skilling in a crowded world, I always see people scoffing at me stuff like this:

"Omg why you cut oak? Cut willow!"

"Why you use rune long? Get rune scim!"

"Stop ranging moss giants! Range ice giants!"

The point is, I'm sick of this. The point of the game is to enjoy whatever you're doing, not to be told what to do and what not to do for the best methods. If anything, I'd rather those people to do the stuff they told me to do instead of just lecturing about me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I disagree, I think it's pleasant to get a nice "gtfo :)" When I'm mining the same rock as someone else.

Ok, not really... Darn people think they can "own" a spot and tell anyone to leave... the nerve... why I oughta *rambles on aimlessly*

It's just advice, usually because they're not sure whether the one they're giving advice to even knows about the better method/knows it's better.

I think if most people want the advice they'll look at a guide or ask for help instead, being told unwillingly or told in a certain manner can be quite annoying - I know I wouldn't want it done to me.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

I don't mind a friendly.

"Just so you know, fire giants are better xp"

"Greens are probably better for your level"

"Steel darts cost less and have the same stats as iron knives"

But when it just goes bad, well then its bad, you can tell when someone just wants you to gtfo, or leave, or when someone is just insulting you to make themselfs feel better.

O.O

I hate how people that have barely any experience in this game tell me what to do. "y u slayin, u haz 99". Idiot. I can perfectly decide for myself whatever I want to train, and I don't need your [developmentally delayed]ed comment on that. [bleep] off and go train your pathetic skills.

There, that's my rant on the subject.

There is a fine line between arrogance and advice.

I know i'm capable of making my own decisions, and i can always justify what i do in game. If i want advice, i'll ask for it on H&A. Sometimes i advise people, not necessarily to give them my opinion (ie willows vs oaks) but to tell them what they are doing is wrong/completely unefficient (just a few examples from the last week, someone with a slave ammy and slayer helm, someone using rune armour at bloodvelds etc...)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

The point is, I'm sick of this. The point of the game is to enjoy whatever you're doing, not to be told what to do and what not to do for the best methods. If anything, I'd rather those people to do the stuff they told me to do instead of just lecturing about me.

This post wins the "Elequent stating of the blindingly obvious but needs to be said more!!" award of the month =D>. People like you have described drive me mental as well, especially the ones that yell at you ten times harder when you respond with a polite "thank you for the advice, but I'm having fun doing it my way".

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

There's a line between giving out advice and just insulting the other guy. For example, your 1st and 3rd examples are just impolite, but I'm under the impression that the 2nd guy just wanted to help you.

I give out advice all the time to people. I always do it respectfully, so I always get respectful answers back. Don't get me wrong, I don't barge into people's lives. But if I'm already talking to someone at, say Giant Spiders, sure I'll tell him that scimitars are faster xp than longswords. And if he says he prefers longswords, then fine, what can I do? I've told him my advice, so the rest is up to his own preference.

However, it really gets annoying when people just say this to get you out. When I was going for 85 mining, I always got things along the lines of "lol nub go mine addy its better". No son, it's not better xp, and I know what I'm doing. Even after, whenever I mine and tell the other guys my mining level, I usually get ordered to the rune mines so the other guy can get the rocks all to himself. Same thing when I'm woodcutting. I guess some people don't understand that "harder" does not correlate with "better".

You guys are easily annoyed

You could always ignore them (adding them to your ignore list not requried)

It's the simple ignorance and self-centeredness of some that annoy me, coupled with the sheer quantity. If it were just like a few each month, then I'd take the time to explain why I'm at, say iron instead of rune, and maybe even make a difference in someone's life. But it happens almost every time I train and "mining level?" is brought up. Some of them simply want to drive you away because they think they're better than you. I'm annoyed by that. I can't see how you aren't, but everyone is different I suppose.

Majority of the time they do it simply because it does get on your nerves. Those without self control are the ones who fly off in response and end up getting themselves reported.

Play the silent game, it's way more fun to watch them make an idiot of themselves anyway :twisted:

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

However, it really gets annoying when people just say this to get you out. When I was going for 85 mining, I always got things along the lines of "lol nub go mine addy its better". No son, it's not better xp, and I know what I'm doing. Even after, whenever I mine and tell the other guys my mining level, I usually get ordered to the rune mines so the other guy can get the rocks all to himself. Same thing when I'm woodcutting. I guess some people don't understand that "harder" does not correlate with "better".

Sometimes people honestly don't know.

Many times i'm cutting willows, or fishing salmon, and i always get told to fish lobster or something.

I think they are merely misinformed, and not just trying to get me out of there so they can have the tree to themselfs.

O.O

After on another site, I found a very good way to explain this:

[hide=example ftw]Say there are two players: Tabitha and Christopher (for that medieval-like name quality).

Tabitha is wanting to know where to fish that is close to a bank.

No one responds.

However, her friend, Christopher, pm's her saying, "Ask the question again; this is for future reference."

So, she asks again, "Where is the best place to fish?"

Again, no one responds.

Christopher answers, "Lumbridge."

Immediately, five people berate him saying, "omfg, noob. Here it's..." "You noob. Fish here:" "Haha, noob. This is best place to fish:" "stop saying stuff you don't know about froob" "Get a life noob". All five say "Catherby for mid fishers and the fishing guild for the higher levels."

Christopher pm's Tabitha, "People are never willing to give good advice but always ready to criticize."[/hide]

Therefore, although getting angry at the criticism won't make the facts true (e.g. scimitar will ALWAYS beat longsword), it surprises me (well not really) how many people are willing to criticize others to order to "selflessly help" people.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I hate how people that have barely any experience in this game tell me what to do. "y u slayin, u haz 99". Idiot. I can perfectly decide for myself whatever I want to train, and I don't need your [developmentally delayed] comment on that. [bleep] off and go train your pathetic skills.

There, that's my rant on the subject.

If Bauke stopped doing everything he mastered, he'd having nothing to do but come on Tip.It.

ITT:

lol148.png

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Why you post on rant go post somewhere else its better at your low lvl nob

(: Yeah I hate when people do that, especially when they themselves don't know what they're talking about.

If I ask, I appreciate their reply and everything but if I'm just quietly minding my own business and they're like "HAHA NOob y u use slay dart it sucks use god spell" or something I just ignore them.

But on the other hand, one nice person simply offered to trade so I did and he gave me a barb tailed harpoon, telling me it was better than a normal so I appreciated that as well. I guess its all in how they treat you.

king_bawoul.png

I Agree

And its not only low levels who do it

I hate people who come up to my low level account and tell me to do something else, theyre like level 50 or something and think theyre better! But My main owns you ( < hate that aswell :) ) and ive been playing for 5 years, i think i know what im doing!

If i wanted your advice, idve asked!

Jamje.png

null and void

They're just trying to be nice and give you advice, but they don't really know how to say it in a nice way.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

its not so bad when they say like

"you know, itd be faster exp cutting willows, if thats what you're here for"

or

"you realise a rune scim would provide faster kills? maybe you should use that?"

but telling me to do something, is annoying as [bleep]

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

"Mage is waste of money, use range" <--- I LIKE using magic when killing metal dragons...

When player tells me what to do, I just say "OK?". When player won't stop that, I just say "OK?" again and then that player turns mad. :mrgreen:

And, If I'm using range when killing something and player is going to say something, I know what he/she is going to say:

"Where's your Ava's accumulator?"

My answer is that I just don't LIKE it. Even if I have done that quest, I won't use it.

Also ignore list is very usefull thing. :)

"Mage is waste of money, use range" <--- I LIKE using magic when killing metal dragons...

When player tells me what to do, I just say "OK?". When player won't stop that, I just say "OK?" again and then that player turns mad. :mrgreen:

And, If I'm using range when killing something and player is going to say something, I know what he/she is going to say:

"Where's your Ava's accumulator?"

My answer is that I just don't LIKE it. Even if I have done that quest, I won't use it.

Also ignore list is very usefull thing. :)

And how exactly can you not like something that has a better range offense bonus than any other cape in the game? :?

2dvjurb.png