European Parliament elections 2009 - THIS CONCERNS YOU!

Ts_Stormrage

Most favorably for us would be to vote on whichever party of your country is in the "ALDE" (Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe)

http://www.predict09.eu/default/en-us/s ... lyses.aspx

Check with your country and see which one political party in your country afiliated with ALDE... If there is none, try to find if an international political party (such as LibDem) who is afiliated with this group is also running in your country...

Their position on internet related politics (such as Net Neutrality) is, seeing the predictions for the left vs right balance in the EP, what will also ultimately provide a European and multi-national counterweight to the American state-controlled domain name and IP provider (ICANN).

ALDE has the best papers for us frantic internetters... So I am encouraging everyone who can vote (or those who cant, ask in your neighbourhood those who can) in the EP elections from June 4th to June 7th, to vote for the biggest party in your country that is afiliated with them...

Thank you...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Their position on internet related politics (such as Net Neutrality) is, seeing the predictions for the left vs right balance in the EP, what will also ultimately provide a European and multi-national counterweight to the American state-controlled domain name and IP provider (ICANN).

I'm sorry, but just like your political junk on IRC, this is just as useless.

ICANN is not state controlled. ICANN is a private corporation BASED in the US. It is held to US law, NOT "state-controlled". All the Euro-rage about ICANN being "US based" is nothing more than political power grabbing. Don't like it? Build your own root TLD servers and mirror the ICANN roots so you "control" your own TLDs. IPs are already an international affair due to blocks being allocated to the 5 RIRs. Don't like your allocations? Go scream at RIPE and move to IPv6 so you can address every rock you ever find and never have to worry about US "control" (I just have to LOL at "state controlled" IP provider).

Given all the other "freedoms" over in EU I can only image what kind of BS would be created if they were to get a hold of some of the more important pieces of the internet substructure.

Ok state controlled is misworded perhaps...

But, go do some research of your own, and see what you can find about the European Parliament and how this election can impact things happening on and with the internet...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I really do not find it appropriate that you as a member of the Tip.it crew try to influence people to vote for the party you like. If anyone else had done this, I am sure the topic would have been locked. :roll:

I really do not find it appropriate that you as a member of the Tip.it crew try to influence people to vote for the party you like. If anyone else had done this, I am sure the topic would have been locked. :roll:

Oh come on. Everyone has an opinion about the European politics. I'm sure other people will find their way to this topic and promote other parties.

He is not a member of the Tip.It Crew. He is just a writer for the Tip.It Times. There is a world of difference.

The Tip.It Crew makes the coding and work behind the Tip.It website, which is the reason this forum even exists. ::' The writers writes articles once a week for a minor part of the website, the Tip.It Times. Not to belittle the writers, but they are not anything like the Crew.

The topic was moved to Off Topic because of its political content, where such is allowed.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Yes, unlike the crew, I can voice my own opinions :D (im kidding)

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Yes, unlike the crew, I can voice my own opinions :D (im kidding)

You need to better voice it then, instead of saying "this conversation is over" when I challenge your stance and you find out I'm from the US. :lol: Works both ways man. You can't scream that we're over here doing it wrong and then just walk away when you can't back up your opinion. ;)

The following occurred in #runescape, Tip.It's IRC channel.

[hide=]

NightShade is [email protected] * Tal Shiar Leader

NightShade is connecting from *@212-*.ip.telfort.nl

-

TS_Stormrage was Arnaud_Jas@212-*.ip.telfort.nl * Tal Shiar Leader

TS_Stormrage using phoenix.il.us.tip.it Fri May 8 12:29:01 2009

8.34.48a oh, hi TS

8.35.03a nice of you to use your real name when spamming your crap :D

8.35.11a now i can call you an idiot directly

8.35.30a on top of the fact that doesn't belong in RS general

8.35.54a yeah i wondered why my name keeps switching to NightShade

8.36.04a i decide dnot bother with changing t back anymore

8.36.29a took you a while to figure out though :P

8.37.06a not really, it took all of 30 seconds once i actually decided to whois you

8.37.55a i still think it's funny the EU thinks they have any kind of "right" to help control the internet outside the EU

8.38.08a if you guys don't like how it's done, build your own

8.38.25a nobody is forcing gyou to peer with the rest of the world and use the ICANN roots

8.39.16a would make for a much more interesting show when everyone over there gets cut off from the rest of the world because someone wants to fix what isn't broken

8.42.10a it's political BS that happens every few year

8.42.20a nothing will happen, and it'll just come up again next election cycle

8.42.28a BUT OMG THE US CONTROLS OUR INTERNETS

8.42.31a ha

8.42.55a fine but next time read the whole thing

8.42.58a it isnt just that

8.43.19a i did read the whole thing, your post is useless, the links mean 0 to me cuz i'm not in the EU

8.43.32a when again was the last time DNS failed?

8.43.37a what? never? oh yeah!

8.43.59a there has never been a 100% outage of teh roots, because ICANN does their damn job

8.44.14a for someone not int he eu you make an aweful lot of nosie abotu this :P

8.44.31a because people in the EU are trying to force their way into crap that isn't theres

8.44.36a YOU are MAKING it my problem

8.44.57a theirs*

8.45.06a because people in the EU are trying to force their way into crap that isn't theres <--- says someone from... lemmy guess... the states?

8.45.52a yes i am

8.46.13a then this conversation is over

8.46.16a lmao

8.46.19a great logic dude

8.47.12a like i said in my reply, it's nothing more than a political power grab, ICANN hasn't exactly done a horrible job maintaining IP allocations and DNS

[/hide]

Anything other than Net Neutrality being upheld would be commercially unfavourable, it won't break down until people are willing to lose their freedoms, which won't happen. Why haven't people realised this? -.-

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Anything other than Net Neutrality being upheld would be commercially unfavourable, it won't break down until people are willing to lose their freedoms, which won't happen. Why haven't people realised this? -.-

People are willing to lose their freedoms if you scare them enough or convince them its for their own good. Look at how the US has had people convinced that wiretapping and torture is okay because its to be used against terrorist suspects.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

*stuff*

Cruiser outa nowhere!! 8-)

But yes, this definitely doesn't concern me, and I don't like how you try to push your own opinions rather than presenting an unbiased approach.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Well, even tho i'm not a fan of the EU i think i'll still vote. Wheter this gives the sign that i'm legitimizing EU with casting my vote is for another day. The page you linked TS doesn't contain my party (SD) heh.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

May I ask, why was my post deleted?

My previous post, which was deleted, was saying something along the lines:

For all I know, Ts_Stormrage could be a member of the political party that he is advertising. Also I really do not think that it is alright that a gaming forum is getting political.

Whoever deleted my post, please PM me the reason or state it here.

May I ask, why was my post deleted?

My previous post, which was deleted, was saying something along the lines:

For all I know, Ts_Stormrage could be a member of the political party that he is advertising. Also I really do not think that it is alright that a gaming forum is getting political.

Whoever deleted my post, please PM me the reason or state it here.

It's in off-topic, we're allowed to have political opinions on here. The OP is giving his/her personal opinion, it isn't the website getting political at all.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Most favorably for us would be to vote on whichever party of your country is in the "ALDE" (Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe)

Check with your country and see which one political party in your country afiliated with ALDE... If there is none, try to find if an international political party (such as LibDem) who is afiliated with this group is also running in your country...

ALDE has the best papers for us frantic internetters... So I am encouraging everyone who can vote (or those who cant, ask in your neighbourhood those who can) in the EP elections from June 4th to June 7th, to vote for the biggest party in your country that is afiliated with them...

Thank you...

You're essentially telling me to vote for a candidate from the Finnish party that only looks out for farmers and the countryside. Not going to happen. It's already silly enough that Finnish farms are growing tomatoes during the winter and buying llamas just so that they can get more subsidies. I value net neutrality, but the EP deals with other things as well. I have found a good candidate that shares most of my views on a wide range of subjects from the party I always vote for. The party happens to belong to the EPP-ED/EPP group.

I don't think your post did any favours for ALDE btw. You referred to an undefined "us" very early and didn't give any information as to why I should do as you say until the third paragraph. You also posted this on Runescape general discussion even though you knew it didn't belong there in order to get more views. The lack of links to things that you referred to such as ALDE's position on net neutrality coupled with little things like putting quotation marks on the acronym made you seem like you were underestimating the reader. The post was also spammy.

Rao.png

quote="Ts_Stormrage"]Most favorably for us would be to vote on whichever party of your country is in the "ALDE" (Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe)

Thank you...

There are more groups than the ALDE with a stance on Net Neutrality, such as the Pirate Party International, which originated in Sweden (where the Pirate Party is now the 3rd largest political party.) There are also a pirate party for several countries. They are not for piracy, despite the name, but rather feel that copyright needs to be reformed in a better way, they also feel that other internet issues need to be changed as well.

Pirate Party International This is the international site for those who are wondering about them, they give links to the site for your country if you would like to find out more about what their principles are.

I do not consider this post to be hijacking or advertising as the thread title is "European Parliament elections 2009 - THIS CONCERNS YOU!" not "Why You Should Vote For An ALDE Party In The EP Elections" so I am assuming it allows as to mention other parties as well, or it needs a title change.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

@Mage man: Piratpartiet came in the 8th place in a research about "which party would you vote for in the EU Parliament, if it was today?".

Source: http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/artikel_2863955.svd

About the research company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sifo

I think i was in this research actually, because about a week ago they called me and asked about the EU election.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

@Mage man: Piratpartiet came in the 8th place in a research about "which party would you vote for in the EU Parliament, if it was today?".

Source: http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/artikel_2863955.svd

About the research company: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sifo

I think i was in this research actually, because about a week ago they called me and asked about the EU election.

Ok, but it is still the third largest, as it is measured by registered members. (will have to wait to get home to check the link, the DET block website translators as they are in the Anonimizing Utilities catagory. -.-

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!