Weekly Poll: Tip.It Twitter Feature

Cowman_133

By guthix NO TWITTER!

I realize twitter appeals to the general age range of the RS fanbase, but...

A respectable site like tip.it should not stoop to the level of fad technology like that.

Man it took a long time to write something about twitter that wasnt a flame.

Again, so now in the Internet world, popular social sites are lowly and should be avoided?

How would it affect you if Tip.it did create a Twitter account? What would be so horrific about it?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, so now in the Internet world, popular social sites are lowly and should be avoided?

Extranneous fad ones? Definately.

How would it affect you if Tip.it did create a Twitter account? What would be so horrific about it?

They'd waste time and money or other resources on it and content that I actually use would suffer.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

They'd waste time and money or other resources on it and content that I actually use would suffer.

Who what where when.

:P

Point being is that it would not take precedent over any existing work. The only people who would prob be doing manual updates would be tet. And probably by choice.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

The guides need fixing it's obvious and Tip.it realies on the community to help make those guides better with correction I get that.

No it's not obvious. I know some of the Monster hunting guides are outdated, but we're working on them. One of the reasons they are very outdated is because there weren't any monster hunters on the crew before the trainees came for a very long time (not 100% sure of course, because I'm one of the trainees myself). But as you may have noticed we started updating them, DK got a revamp, we published a Choas elemental guide and we have another one in the pipeline at the moment.

Furthermore, again you just say Tip.it guides are outdated, without specifying which. We can't work with that! So please, just tell me.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I picked 'no' but that's simply because I don't use Twitter. It's not like it'd affect me--or the folks bashing Twitter--any if you set an account up.

----------------

Now playing: Jan & Dean - Dead Man's Curve (live)

via FoxyTunes

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I dont think it would be a waste to make a tip.it twitter, though I am not one would would read it, there are people who probably would. for those people it would be benificial. also if it is extra; as in not taking away from current tip.it site updates, whats the problem with it.

Canadan.png

Who what where when.

:P

Point being is that it would not take precedent over any existing work. The only people who would prob be doing manual updates would be tet. And probably by choice.

Just the events team? Okay then.

Change my vote to an abstention.

Still not for twitter.

Brought to you by the word: Collusion (price fixing).

Its what Merchant clans do to ruin the economy for personal gain.

Balance out the GE! Skill Kill and Merch for YOURSELF.

Asellus5.png

May Guthix bring you balance.

The guides need fixing it's obvious and Tip.it realies on the community to help make those guides better with correction I get that.

No it's not obvious. I know some of the Monster hunting guides are outdated, but we're working on them. One of the reasons they are very outdated is because there weren't any monster hunters on the crew before the trainees came for a very long time (not 100% sure of course, because I'm one of the trainees myself). But as you may have noticed we started updating them, DK got a revamp, we published a Choas elemental guide and we have another one in the pipeline at the moment.

Furthermore, again you just say Tip.it guides are outdated, without specifying which. We can't work with that! So please, just tell me.

You could always go through the guides yourself it's very easy to spot outdated stuff :|

[hide=Private Message]PM:

Subject: Weekly Poll: Tip.It Twitter Feature

Could you please specify which guides are outdated? It would help a lot and bashing our site without any backup isn't a nice thing to do. We do appreciate criticism, but only if it's backed up with examples.

Response:

#1 I am not bashing I was giving you guys the straight up truth with no smoke and mirrors and sometimes the truth can offend people but if your offended with the truth then you are offended by yourself/your work.

As for the guides I realy don't see that I need examples because well I'm 100% sure you know it's the truth but I will give some examples to humor you :roll:

Most guidies need new pictures and the inventories have changed alot since then. KQ for example doesn't even metion the food trick. KBD actually gives a setup for crystal bow/MSB and if you have ever tried that you will know that you'll get hit so much that with the better crossbows it's just not worth trying it because crossbows make up for the speed of arrows shot.

The mith dragon guide doesn't even list the leaf blade sword which is way better than whip to use for meleeing miths.

Updating pictures especially in the castle wars guides gives a much better appearance when reading it especially since with HD some of the things have changed places and much of castle wars has a different look then it did whenever this guide was written.

Most content is the basic stuff which is ok I guess if your going for that (I don't know what you want your site to look like but it looks that way from what I have observed). The pictures are the most outdated thing there is most likely which is pretty unprofessional because pictures take about 5 minutes to crop and get ready for it to be posted. Inventories of almost everything needs updated because almost every inventory has changed around to something for more efficient killing.

Basically update the pictures, setups, inventories, and add some of the tricks that players do to get a better result from whatever they are doing. If I would join Tip.it today as a budding new member and read some of the guides and saw the outdated stuff(pictures especially) I would most likely go to a different fansite who actually finishs something before starting something else.

Note: I only looked at a few guides which I had known where outdated and needed the most work other guides have been updated with new content but the old content it had was never changed which is again unprofessional.

[/hide]

I feel Tip.it users have every right to see what I wrote because this effects them and the future of Tip.it too.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You could always go through the guides yourself it's very easy to spot outdated stuff :|

[hide=Private Message]PM:

Subject: Weekly Poll: Tip.It Twitter Feature

Could you please specify which guides are outdated? It would help a lot and bashing our site without any backup isn't a nice thing to do. We do appreciate criticism, but only if it's backed up with examples.

Response:

#1 I am not bashing I was giving you guys the straight up truth with no smoke and mirrors and sometimes the truth can offend people but if your offended with the truth then you are offended by yourself/your work.

As for the guides I realy don't see that I need examples because well I'm 100% sure you know it's the truth but I will give some examples to humor you :roll:

Most guidies need new pictures and the inventories have changed alot since then. KQ for example doesn't even metion the food trick. KBD actually gives a setup for crystal bow/MSB and if you have ever tried that you will know that you'll get hit so much that with the better crossbows it's just not worth trying it because crossbows make up for the speed of arrows shot.

The mith dragon guide doesn't even list the leaf blade sword which is way better than whip to use for meleeing miths.

Updating pictures especially in the castle wars guides gives a much better appearance when reading it especially since with HD some of the things have changed places and much of castle wars has a different look then it did whenever this guide was written.

Most content is the basic stuff which is ok I guess if your going for that (I don't know what you want your site to look like but it looks that way from what I have observed). The pictures are the most outdated thing there is most likely which is pretty unprofessional because pictures take about 5 minutes to crop and get ready for it to be posted. Inventories of almost everything needs updated because almost every inventory has changed around to something for more efficient killing.

Basically update the pictures, setups, inventories, and add some of the tricks that players do to get a better result from whatever they are doing. If I would join Tip.it today as a budding new member and read some of the guides and saw the outdated stuff(pictures especially) I would most likely go to a different fansite who actually finishs something before starting something else.

Note: I only looked at a few guides which I had known where outdated and needed the most work other guides have been updated with new content but the old content it had was never changed which is again unprofessional.

[/hide]

I feel Tip.it users have every right to see what I wrote because this effects them and the future of Tip.it too.

I could go help you guys with the MHing guides, if you needed it.

Tip.It has outdated guides and too much workload on the current staff to update everything? People are less likely to help improve guides if they do not get any satisfaction out of it. If Tip.It is feeling the stress, then the size of the staff needs to increase; I'm sure there are many people that are willing enough to spend time and effort into helping.

As for the Twitter account...

• It has been stated numerous times that it will not be any extra effort.

• There is no reason not to have an account.

• If it is there, it will eventually be used.

Twitter is great because it insists upon itself. Nobody really legitimately likes it that much, but it's become a web standard for sites/companies/people. Just like on facebook when the twitteresque update was made, people didn't like it. But do it anyways guys, any publicity is good publicity.

Twitter is great because it insists upon itself. Nobody really legitimately likes it that much, but it's become a web standard for sites/companies/people. Just like on facebook when the twitteresque update was made, people didn't like it. But do it anyways guys, any publicity is good publicity.

However, we might not want tons of publicity. Remember when RS was advertised on miniclip? The community went waaaay down and the same could possibly happen to tip.it.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

However, we might not want tons of publicity. Remember when RS was advertised on miniclip? The community went waaaay down and the same could possibly happen to tip.it.

I doubt that anyone who finds RuneTips on Twitter, or searches for RuneScape won't already know the major fansites that exist.

As we're taking this back to the public, I'll post my answer to Master_Smither's response:

Now that's the kind of reply we can work with! Thank you.

We're working on the monster hunting guides. The crew didn't have any monster hunter for a very long time, but we got 1 (maybe 2) with the new trainees and he is very busy with the monster hunting section. His current project is improving the metal dragon guides (which I label as our most outdated guide). Updating all of them takes time and I feel you're underestimating it. Of course, a guide can be written in a few days if one spends all his free time on it, however that's not realistic. So I hope all monster hunting guides we'll be up-to-date in a few months! :thumbsup:

Mith dragons, thanks for the suggestion. I totally forgot about it and I'll add it.

About HD pictures: We try to keep the pictures as small as possible, so usually, we try to use SD picture anyway. That doesn't mean most of the pictures aren't up to date.

We are trying to include more then just basic stuff, especially on the minigames (FoG and BA for example) and monster hunting guides. However, we just can't go in too great detail. Look at the CW guide for example, I know indeed a bunch of advanced/prof tactics to be added, however I can't add them all as that would make the guide too long. However, now I'm reading it, it seems very outdated indeed, so maybe it'll be my next big project.

And we were indeed a bit offended by your comments because you didn't back it up anyhow. It's like you've worked on something for months and then someone comes along and say "it sucks", without saying what sucks or how to improve it.

To show you guys we really do listen to feedback, I'm doing the pictures for the mithril dragon guide right now, as well as adding a note about the leaf bladed sword.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

you know the poll is missing 2% of votes... 66% + 32% = 98%...

i dopnt use twitter and i think its a waste of time imo... so i voted no... what can twitter do that you cant do with your own site?

dj_phox.png