Weekly Poll: Tip.It Twitter Feature

Cowman_133

This week's poll asks:

Would you like to see a Tip.It Twitter feature?

•  
    [*:1qnfhzlf] Yes

[*:1qnfhzlf] No

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [CTRL+F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here.

~Cowman

1.png
generic_signature.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of a twitter feature...?

You mean like;

http://twit.leetscape.com/sigs/3HitU.png

http://twit.leetscape.com/sigs/OfficialJagex.png

No, as in officializing and regularly updating: http://twitter.com/runetips

This has nothing to do with twitter signatures.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

No, no, no! Twitter sucks. You already have a lovely website where you post all your news and you have RSS feed for these news that I can subscribe to. It's way more convenient. And I don't like how Jagex has been promoting Twitter lately, I have a feeling they get paid for that. And do you?

I have a feeling they get paid for that. And do you?

:shock: Wait, I could get paid for twitter! :o

Haha, we wouldn't be getting paid. I agree that all the things that will be on Twitter will be on the main site. In fact I will quote myself from another thread:

I hope tip it doesn't make an account on there, twitter is so stupid.

:lol: We have a main site for anything close to a twitter update.

After talking to staff that opinion still stays. Most twitter updates would be a direct feed from the main site. So bascially, it would simply be a another way for our users to keep up to date on announcements. After hearing this, I think it would be a addition for those who use twitter already. In no way would twitter be replacing the main news feed.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Too many hate Twitter because it's new and they don't know how to use it appropriately, or effectively so that it isn't a hassle to deal with. I bet the majority that say no won't even have any type of an RSS reader. >.>

Still, Twitter does have it uses, but how would Tip.It use it to it's own benefit? I don't think Tip.It needs a Twitter account. Anything you could post on Twitter could easily be posted as a topic on the forums, or on the main site.

Unless Tip.It had some hardcore fans wanting to know how much progress has been made on a guide...and they're willing to check very 4 hours on it, lol.

I don't think there's a use for it, for Tip.It.

How could it do any wrong? I don't see why it would affect Tip.it negatively if a Twitter account was used. And if people use it, then why not actively use a Twitter account?

Personally, I find Twitter useless. But I do like to follow certain organisations (Jagex anyone) to check up on the latest news. A Twitter RSS comes in handy. Therefore I can imagine people using a Tip-tweet.

Blargh no, I can see the advantages but I have a natural hatred towards Twitter. Normal RSS feeds are just fine, we don't need Tip.It to try 'getting wiv da kidz' :lol:

I have no idea why you think Twitter is only used by kids.

Blargh no, I can see the advantages but I have a natural hatred towards Twitter. Normal RSS feeds are just fine, we don't need Tip.It to try 'getting wiv da kidz' :lol:

I know it's not, but it's the new fad, the new Facebook... there are better bandwagons to jump on.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I know it's not, but it's the new fad, the new Facebook... there are better bandwagons to jump on.

Like?

It's not a bad idea, but I think it's unnecessary. Would be nice for those that already use twitter, but nothing the rss feed doesn't already achieve.

A waste of time imo.

Tip.it is too instantaneously updated and by a whole mirage of people for a twitter to actually add anything to the experience.

But at the same time I won't harm tip.it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I personally for one don't like twitter, Seems to me people are just growing pretty damn lazy this day and age that they need to get updates from their friends family co-workers news sites in under 140 characters or less.

I mean really how lazy of a person must you be this day and age that you can't pick up a nearby phone or your cell phone even and call up someone? Or how lazy must you be that you can't check your favorite news site? How lazy must you be that you can't email or instant message someone to communicate with them?

xxteargodxx.png

Twitter (or: Tw@tter) is an epic failure invented to waste as much time as possible.

And it's uncool.

Approx 70% is voting "No", but maybe we should have a "no" and a separate "please god no!" and a "I don't really give a [insert 4 letter word]"

harold_king.png

Playing RS since Nov. 2002 (but with various breaks)

Could those who voted yes please elaborate what you actually want from the Twitter account? Remember, it takes time to update it and we're also just a bunch of volunteers.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Well I voted yes as I use Twitter regularly for many sites I visit and tip.it could be another good site to add.

I really don't see why so many of you dislike it so much that you have to put it down in every possible way. Honestly if tip.it had a twitter account and you didn't want to follow it then you don't have to. All it would provide is an optional way of keeping watch on tip.it.

I mean really how lazy of a person must you be this day and age that you can't pick up a nearby phone or your cell phone even and call up someone? Or how lazy must you be that you can't check your favorite news site? How lazy must you be that you can't email or instant message someone to communicate with them?

The point of Twitter is that it gives you an opportunity to say the little things in your life that you wouldn't normally phone someone for. What if you just watched a really good movie? Would you go and phone all your friends just for the sole purpose of telling them how good it is?

Also what your saying could easily be referring to RSS feeds. Are those people too lazy by using those instead of just checking the main site? Twitter is just another output for something similar to these feeds.

No, no, no! Twitter sucks. You already have a lovely website where you post all your news and you have RSS feed for these news that I can subscribe to. It's way more convenient. And I don't like how Jagex has been promoting Twitter lately, I have a feeling they get paid for that. And do you?

You don't get paid as someone already said. So maybe RSS feeds are more convenient for you, but some people don't use them as much or would prefer to use Twitter instead. How would it negatively affect you if tip.it did have a twitter account?

As for Jagex I think it was great of them to create a Twitter and Facebook account. It shows they are reaching out to players by providing them with alternate means of watching for updates and finding out about new content.

Twitter (or: Tw@tter) is an epic failure invented to waste as much time as possible.

And it's uncool.

Approx 70% is voting "No", but maybe we should have a "no" and a separate "please god no!" and a "I don't really give a [insert 4 letter word]"

Because your opinion of Twitter being uncool really makes it a fact. Just because you think it's uncool, doesn't mean the millions of other people on the internet think the same thing. Is the whole reason why so many tipiters don't want it because they don't want to use something that everyone else is? Do you guys hate it just to be different>?

So yes having a Twitter account would be extra work for tip.it's staff, but if they find it doesn't take too much effort to maintain then I say go for it. These people that hate Twitter or don't want it wont be affected in anyway. You don't even have to put a link to it on the website or anything if they will have a massive protest. For those who want it, can use it and those who don't can just forget it ever was created.

If a twitter account was to be used for tip.it I would say just posting any of the updates that normally would appear on the site would be fine. Also maybe putting links to the Tip.it Events would be another way to notify more people about them. What I would suggest not to do is post Runescape updates on there like other fansites do. If I'm following Tip.it I'm almost guaranteed to be following Jagex as well, I won't need two posts about the same update. So basically just post when new guides, polls, tip.it times, and events are up or happening. Anything else would be cool but not really needed.

.End of Mini Rant.

-.- what is Twitter.

I felt the same way first but then I digged deep in my memory and I remember

Aaah twitter :idea:

Then I was likie

-.- Is there Tip.it on Twitter?

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Yes, I made the account at http://twitter.com/RuneTips and setup the background, picture, and colours. I also setup the twitterfeeds for latest RuneScape news, latest Tip.It news, and latest Tip.It Times news. However, since Jagex don't have a RuneScape RSS feed, the current RSS feed is subject to availability! Tip.It do not have good RSS feeds either, so I'm not sure how well they will work with twitterfeed.com.

The account requires 0 maintenance, though if Tip.It events are wanted on there too, maybe TET can have someone posting these updates, or Tip.It can have someone create an RSS feed for Tip.It events on the homepage.

There's no point NOT having a twitter account, and as 3 Hit U pointed out, it would be good to have the latest twitter update(s) on the homepage too.

EDIT: Someone has messed with the account settings, and most updates may not be coming through.

If a twitter account was to be used for tip.it I would say just posting any of the updates that normally would appear on the site would be fine. Also maybe putting links to the Tip.it Events would be another way to notify more people about them. What I would suggest not to do is post Runescape updates on there like other fansites do. If I'm following Tip.it I'm almost guaranteed to be following Jagex as well, I won't need two posts about the same update. So basically just post when new guides, polls, tip.it times, and events are up or happening. Anything else would be cool but not really needed.

That's the kind of input we were thinking of too, however, we first want to know if some people actually will use it. I don't think this poll will reflect that though as a lot of people don't know what Twitter is, or vote yes, but won't ever use it.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

That's the kind of input we were thinking of too, however, we first want to know if some people actually will use it. I don't think this poll will reflect that though as a lot of people don't know what Twitter is, or vote yes, but won't ever use it.

When I get a new phone and have an twitter on it in some form or other I'd probably use tip.it one so i can note any major updates tht take place while im away. But other than tht I doubt I'd find much use for it unless it had something extra to offer than the main site

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue