Exams

Brad25891

Ah yes, it's that time of the year again and exams are upon us (In the UK that is). Be it GCSE or AS levels or whatever else.

What exams are you taking?

What subjects do you study?

How well do you think you have done so far (if you have started)?

I'm studying AS Maths, Physics and ICT.

So far I've only had the General Studies exams (Which i got forced into doing, which were a waste of time). I have 2 exams for maths to look forward to tomorow which are Maths: Statistics, and Pure core 1. On Thursday I have an ICT exam in the morning, although it should be easy. Physics exam in the afternoon which I think I may do extremely bad in. And on friday I have my last maths exam which is Pure Core 2.

fun fun

Good luck in your exams :D

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I've already done my 4:

Irish

English

Maths

French.

Irish got the A in, fluent in it

English probably B - A, not sure, definitely a B or better anyway

Maths, same as English pretty much

French, yet again same as English.

I'm going to get at least a B in all of the subjects, most likely an A in 3 of them but as the year is marked on continual assessment, I don't think I'll be passing the year as I haven't worked hard until now and I took an entire term of school and went to France.

I'm doing AS ICT, Sociology, Psychology and English Literature.

I've already done the exams for ICT, Sociology and Psychology. Psychology wasn't too bad, some of the questions were a bit difficult but it was decent. ICT was easy really, with one or two small questions that I just couldn't do. WTH is a graphics library? >.< Sociology was NOT good. Now this was because I decided to come down with a bloody cold. So I was in the exam at 9:15 in the morning having to blow my nose on a tissue every few minutes, coughing and feeling like [cabbage]. The questions WEREN'T that good and I barely did a page for the last essay. I wasn't about to stick around to check my answers either and I just didn't feel up to it.

Tomorrow morning I've got an English Lit exam and I'm still bloody ill :wall: I really hope I feel better in the exam than I did on Monday or I'm going to suck so bad :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Got my final A-Level exams coming up in 20 days for Maths(1 and 1 Resit.), Physics(2) and Biology(2).

Is very stressfull atm, especcially for maths since i need 89/100 to get an A overall, Am worried that im just gonna miss it :cry: Physics and Biology results arent as improtant to me as im doing maths at uni but i still want to get B's in both. :ohnoes:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

GCSE's - Year 11.

- Religious Studies - Marks Gospel and Christian Life (Done both papers already)

- Maths - Did the non calc yesterday, was so-so, calc on june 1st.

- Eng - In June

- Eng Lit -Did Today, easy but not enough time to finish.

- Sciences - Took Triple - Chem, Bio, Phys in June.

- ICT - got an A in exam, and an A and a A* in the coursework (examiner needs to finalise marking)

- Citizenship - Tommorow

- Graphics - June

- Geography - both in June

shadowsigzeddude-1.jpg

Well at my school there are these SOL's which are like state-wide exams you take in certain classes. If you pass advanced (90% or better) you get exempt from your final exam and your exam grade gets replaced with a 100%. If you just pass (60% or better) you're just exempt from your exam and its grade doesn't count. I've taken an SOL in chemistry and algebra 2 and the AP Euro exam so far, not sure how I did. Still got English, Spanish, Trig, Graphic Design, and Driver's Ed exams in June :(

wl7w9j.png

I only had one exam and I've already taken it and received my score 8-) This year I took the following classes:

World Religions - We had a final project, but it was insignificant. No formal exam.

AP English - We had a final project but again, no formal exam.

Robotics - We had a lame final project that we did in class that took like 20 minutes. No formal exam.

Calculus - We had a final project that we spent a week of class time completing. No formal exam if you receive an A- or higher in the class (which I did).

AP Computer Science - I had a formal final last week and received my grade yesterday. I got a 95% :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I do AS Art, English lit, Media studies and General studies.

General studies - had two exams because I failed unit 1. I think I'm getting a C in both.

English lit - Tomorrow! I cannot remember any quotes from the book or what poems we were studying. I predict a U/Fail. The coursework though... Hopefully a B but I'm sure I'll get a C.

Media - It's in June and I'm fairly confident about this :D buuuut the coursework will probably be a Fail...

Art - I think I failed due to not having any final pieces and my exam piece being a load of rubbish.

I totally [bleep]ed up my year and I only have myself to blame for it.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Unfortunately, I am still an 8th grader.

Honors Algebra, EOC- June 3rd

BCT 2 (computers lvl 2), EOC June 3rd

US History- Final for the class

General Sciences- EOG/DONE

Math 8+ (taken last year, althought we still had to take the EOG for it this year), EOG/DONE

English/Creative writing EOG/DONE

Sicus Locum Para Bellum!

I totally [bleep] up my year and I only have myself to blame for it.

Yea I did that last year but luckily my sixth form let me resit year 12 again.

I'm thinking of doing that if my grades are rubbish but I've already taken a year out because I didn't do so well on my GCSE's. Meh, I'm scared of the real world so the more time spent in school, the better it is for me.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Hooray for 4 exams:

Math 1530(statistics): Passed with a 90%, and saved my grade from failing, statistics are evil and so is the standard distribution mean.

Advanced Algebra w/ Trig: Gotta get a decent grade to secure me a decent grade. I'll pass with an even remotely grade on this exam.

English III: I've got this in the bag, fell short of an exemption with B's for my grade.

US History: 200-question test about stuff from the early 1900's to now. Should be an easy pass for me.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Mine start on June 1st, I have 7 of them, 2 of which are music exams -.-

The upside to exams is that I only have to go to school for an hour and a half, take the exam, go home and then I pretty much have the whole day free :D.

jjroxlu7.jpg

stats 1 today. Feeling reasonably confident.

then a 2 week break

then, biology on june 4th, Core 1 maths resit, Core 2 maths and physics all on june 5th.

then chemistry on june 11th.

Tk5SF.png

I'm doing A2 levels in maths, further maths, chemistry, physics and economics. My first exam is today (Decision maths 1) which should be easy but I want as close to full marks in it as I can to take the pressure off for FP2 and FP3. My next exam is June 10th, and I have 7 more after today. Almost took AEA physics but decided against it since it's on the day of FP3 and a 3 hour physics paper when I've just finished my last important exam is not what I want.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Finished all my exams yesterday :)

Have a month off before i go back to college for a month. Then after that 1 month it's summer :) :) :)

(I'm from the UK) I did AS Photography, AS RMDT and AS Geography. I dropped Economics a few weeks before my exam because i was no good at it.

Most of my friends haven't even started their exams yet, so i'm just gonna no life my part time job with heaps of overtime, meet up with some other people from Uni etc, and try and complete my guide in the AOW in the next month.

Kind of happy to get them out the way, but i think i failed them. I even worked really hard :(

We were guinea pigs for a new type of paper so we didn't really no what to expect.... Our teacher said "If there's one thing you do make sure you revise your case studies" (Case studies are real life examples that you have to explain in the questions with alot of marks) but only 1 of them showed up in the paper! 18 case studies memorised for nothing. :wall:

[/rant]

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I did my first AS exam today (Maths Core 1), and I have 8 more to go. Two Physics exams tomorrow, then Maths Core 2 and Philosophy 1 the day after. Then I get a week off! :D

Oh, I'm studying AS Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Philosophy.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Doing GCSEs atm. Got 12 days off for half term now :)

French: haven't done any yet, all in june

Chinese: done, hard

Maths: done half, was quite hard. other half in june

English Lit: done, piece of piss

English: haven't done yet

ICT: done, piece of piss

Economics: last exam, cuts into my summer :(

History: haven't done the exams but got 95% in coursework

Biology: piece of piss

Chemistry: haven't done yet

Physics: haven't done yet

Going for about 5-6 A*s at least, As for the rest except for Chinese where I'm going for a B.

sig5235ro7.jpg

Doing my GCSEs at the moment, had a few already, but the next ones are in 11 days! (After half term holiday) :D

English Language

English Literature - DONE

Mathematics - 1/2 DONE

Biology - DONE

Chemistry

Physics

French - 1/4 DONE

Spanish - DONE

Geography

History

Did my last ever Spanish and Biology paper, or related work today!!! Soo happy about that!! :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I am doing my AS-Levels in Health and Social Care Double Award and ICT. I have already done my ICT exam on Friday and it was really easy, one of the easiest exams I have ever sat. There was only one question I didn't understand but it was worth five marks and that's what you get for doing no revision. AH well, what a pity.

I have my health and social care exam in two weeks and I am a bit nervous but I'm actually quite good at health and social care. (In GNVQ level I got 100% on both of my exams with a weeks worth of revision between the two.) I am however going to try and work my but off at it anyway since I want to do health and social care at university.

stats 1 today. Feeling reasonably confident.

Did you do the AQA stats 1 today? or a different exam board?

If so how did you find it? For some reason I found them easier than the past papers. The first question was piddle it pretty much gave you the answers xD

I also took core 1 Resit today, I think I did pretty pants but to be fair, I didn't do any revision for it (since january), so basically, the only practice I had was dy/dx and intergration from core 2 xD

EDIT: For you UK-Based AS physicists that have posted, what exam board are you doing?

Our school are doing the Physics B: Physics in Context AQA (New spec), it seems pretty easy but I don't think I'm going to do too well =/ Although I heard the grade boundaries are stupidly low so I shouldn't doo too bad.

Tomorow I have my Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3 Exam in the morning but aparently it's supposed to be really easy, Physics Unit 1 in the afternoon.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other