May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

To be honest, I think anything from 85-99 would be good. But below abby demons? Come on.

Spiritual Mages were below Abyssal Demons and are widely considered the best Slayer monster released since the beginning.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiritual Mages were below Abyssal Demons and are widely considered the best Slayer monster released since the beginning.

We're talking about the levels here, not the quality of the update. There is no reason why there should be so many monsters in a 3 mil xp span and then practically nothing for 10 mil xp.

We're talking about the levels here, not the quality of the update. There is no reason why there should be so many monsters in a 2 mil xp span and then practically nothing for 10 mil xp.

Actually, what (most) people are saying is that if it's a low level, it will be a bad update. I was saying an update that was a "low" level to most (83), but was still a great update.

Personally, I'd rather they release content that actually suits the higher level than just randomly slap on a 95 level on something that doesn't deserve it. If Cave Horrors were released at level 95 Slayer, would you have liked them all that much more? Or if you name any slayer monster, and added a 95 sticker on it, would it be that much better to you?

sigbad0xt.jpg

We're talking about the levels here, not the quality of the update. There is no reason why there should be so many monsters in a 2 mil xp span and then practically nothing for 10 mil xp.

But we're talking about levels not experience. It would make sense that there are more monsters in the 1-80 level range than there would be in the 81-99 range. However, I do agree that there should be more than just 4 in that range.

Drinkablity.png

If Cave Horrors were released at level 95 Slayer, would you have liked them all that much more?

If that made Black Masks rare and expensive then I think it would be a pretty good update.

If Cave Horrors were released at level 95 Slayer, would you have liked them all that much more?

If that made Black Masks rare and expensive then I think it would be a pretty good update.

But it wouldn't. All the level 90-95 would camp with Wild Pies, and the 90s would camp as well. Eventually it would reach the current price just the same.

sigbad0xt.jpg

But it wouldn't. All the level 90-95 would camp with Wild Pies, and the 90s would camp as well. Eventually it would reach the current price just the same.

Yes, but there would be a lot less. How many 95 Slayers were there back when they were released?

But we're talking about levels not experience. It would make sense that there are more monsters in the 1-80 level range than there would be in the 81-99 range.

Slayer xp rate stays about the same the whole way to 99 though. I would understand if we were talking about skills that get easier at higher levels, but this is Slayer.

Yes, but there would be a lot less. How many 95 Slayers were there back when they were released?

But we're talking about levels not experience. It would make sense that there are more monsters in the 1-80 level range than there would be in the 81-99 range.

Slayer xp rate stays about the same the whole way to 99 though. I would understand if we were talking about skills that get easier at higher levels, but this is Slayer.

True. But if Black Masks were so rare, they would never have released Slayer Helmets.

Slayer XP rate goes up as you advance. Why? Because your combat skills go up as well. Unless you were maxed when starting to train it, but that's obviously not the intent of Slayer.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Slayer XP rate goes up as you advance. Why? Because your combat skills go up as well.

But your rate still doesn't depend on your Slayer level at all, so why should it be appropriate to base the rewards off of the levels instead of the xp? The xp shows the accurate representation of the work you put in, not your levels.

Slayer XP rate goes up as you advance. Why? Because your combat skills go up as well.

But your rate still doesn't depend on your Slayer level at all, so why should it be appropriate to base the rewards off of the levels instead of the xp? The xp shows the accurate representation of the work you put in, not your levels.

Yes, but then the rewards would have to be linear as well. Since the Level curve is exponential, the rewards at higher levels are allowed to be that much better than the prior ones. Compare Rune boots and Whips - 50k vs 1.5M, even today. If they were actually based on XP, then either Rune Boots would have to be worth much more ore Whips would have to be worth much less.

The point is, levels are placed on an exponential chart for a reason. You should not have to put in the same amount of work to get to levels 1-50 as you would from 50-99. So neither should the distance between the two be equal.

And I'm not against adding level 91+ Slayer monsters. I'm opposed to the mentality that EVERY monster added should be that level.

sigbad0xt.jpg

I'm not arguing that it should be completely based on Xp. I'm just saying that the useless 10 mil xp you trained through should be taken into consideration more than the 3 mil that's pretty much already full.

"And I'm not against adding level 91+ Slayer monsters. I'm opposed to the mentality that EVERY monster added should be that level."

I don't think anyone is arguing that. They're saying there should at least be one 91+ slayer monster

satan_panda.png

I'm not arguing that it should be completely based on Xp. I'm just saying that the useless 10 mil xp you trained through should be taken into consideration more than the 3 mil that's pretty much already full.

If you just wish for something that you can use as training, why not introduce a level 95 monster, that doubles Slayer xp when you kill it on a task - but has no unique drops, or any drops above 20k gp. Would you be willing to have such a monster?

I notice how some people even say that they would like a level 87 monster - but Dark Beasts already exist at 90! So is isn't solely to have a milestone, is it?

sigbad0xt.jpg

78 slayer IS low. Another monster which can be killed by like 80000 people which will not produce a high cash worth item as it will be to easily camped, by the masses with that slayer level. <2M exp is extremely low.

We need 90+ slayer monsters. this shows me jagex makes the game for the noob 12 year olds who are all around that level. And of course the level 99 slayer monster will be last/never made cause the 12 year olds will never get that high

again jagex supports noobs and not players who need new updates to keep the game interesting. The alching update makes an easy task even easier. Getting way to noob friendly.

Im honestly expecting a "drop all items in inventory" update. lets make the people who can drop fast have no advantage in exp/hour over noobs in skills like wc/mining/fishing. And then lets just have the game macro everything for us while we sit and watch.

Disgusting tbh

/end rants

So...let me get this straight...

I am a 12 year old "noob" (maybe even a 11 year old as I currently have lower than 78 Slayer! :o ),who doesn't need updates and never gets 90+ Slayer for some odd reason...

#-o

P.S. I dont think you thought 78 Slayer is low when you had 50 Slayer...

Oh,and 1 more thing...what does a lvl 78 Slayer monster has to do with macroing??? :?

78 slayer IS low. Another monster which can be killed by like 80000 people which will not produce a high cash worth item as it will be to easily camped, by the masses with that slayer level. <2M exp is extremely low.

We need 90+ slayer monsters. this shows me jagex makes the game for the noob 12 year olds who are all around that level. And of course the level 99 slayer monster will be last/never made cause the 12 year olds will never get that high

again jagex supports noobs and not players who need new updates to keep the game interesting. The alching update makes an easy task even easier. Getting way to noob friendly.

Im honestly expecting a "drop all items in inventory" update. lets make the people who can drop fast have no advantage in exp/hour over noobs in skills like wc/mining/fishing. And then lets just have the game macro everything for us while we sit and watch.

Disgusting tbh

/end rants

So...let me get this straight...

I am a 12 year old "noob" (maybe even a 11 year old as I currently have lower than 78 Slayer! :o ),who doesn't need updates and never gets 90+ Slayer for some odd reason...

#-o

P.S. I dont think you thought 78 Slayer is low when you had 50 Slayer...

Oh,and 1 more thing...what does a lvl 78 Slayer monster has to do with macroing??? :?

low level monsters catering to supposed "kids" who are too lazy to drop fast aswell and want the game sooooooo much easier, and we all know jagex only caters too low levels, so must do what any low level wants, and they all want to train easier.

messed up train of thought, but it is there

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

My train of thoughts may not be what you think is fair, but Ive only been playing for a year basically

50 Slayer took like 3 days, 80 took like a month maybe. Wasnt very hard at all, but it always seems the updates are for lower leveled/mid level players. There hasnt been a single high level quest yet (WGS dont count imo) (IMO high leveled is 130+, or 90s for skills)

Need quests with 90+ skill reqs, Diarys with 90+, High 90s skill add ons, and new harder monsters. Maybe there are less higher leveled players then lower levels, but I dont think ive ever seen a high level update since I started playing, except maybe the corp beast

Feel free to disagree with me, its just I feel highly annoyed that there is another "useless" (in terms of my levels) update to a slayer skill which really needs to be finished off and reward the higher leveled players. Slayer is the longest skill in the game, with exp rates that cap off and only relate to the levels of your melee skills basically. if your already 99 before you start slay, your basically already capped at exp/hour.

just like the quest rewards are silly for most quests. 1k exp here or 600 exp there. maybe 20k exp for a long quest. Meanwhile in an hour of training most skills are 100k exp an hour with some obvious exceptions. Make hard quests with 100s of thousands of exp rewards (WGS i suppose did this with the rewards, but the starting levels were low) or make quest reward items for very hard quests untradable and very good

The rant went a bit off topic there, but in general i find most people in RS Mid leveled, in the 13 year old age group, extremely lazy (they dont like training hard skills, or doing things to earn money which require effort) sure this doesnt apply to all but its usually true. these people go around begging to borrow items or beg for cash. and they seem to get all the helpful updates

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

I hope it will be a good charm dropper. That's all I care about. Some good regular drops would be cool too (kind of like aberrants or waterfiends)

And about high lvl updates: true, we are a minority but seriously, those lvl 90's have plenty of other stuff to do. I really dont think the average lvl 90 is waiting for another rune scimitar that's coming out. They are working towards getting a whip anyway.

My train of thoughts may not be what you think is fair, but Ive only been playing for a year basically

50 Slayer took like 3 days, 80 took like a month maybe. Wasnt very hard at all, but it always seems the updates are for lower leveled/mid level players. There hasnt been a single high level quest yet (WGS dont count imo) (IMO high leveled is 130+, or 90s for skills)

Need quests with 90+ skill reqs, Diarys with 90+, High 90s skill add ons, and new harder monsters. Maybe there are less higher leveled players then lower levels, but I dont think ive ever seen a high level update since I started playing, except maybe the corp beast

Feel free to disagree with me, its just I feel highly annoyed that there is another "useless" (in terms of my levels) update to a slayer skill which really needs to be finished off and reward the higher leveled players. Slayer is the longest skill in the game, with exp rates that cap off and only relate to the levels of your melee skills basically. if your already 99 before you start slay, your basically already capped at exp/hour.

just like the quest rewards are silly for most quests. 1k exp here or 600 exp there. maybe 20k exp for a long quest. Meanwhile in an hour of training most skills are 100k exp an hour with some obvious exceptions. Make hard quests with 100s of thousands of exp rewards (WGS i suppose did this with the rewards, but the starting levels were low) or make quest reward items for very hard quests untradable and very good

The rant went a bit off topic there, but in general i find most people in RS Mid leveled, in the 13 year old age group, extremely lazy (they dont like training hard skills, or doing things to earn money which require effort) sure this doesnt apply to all but its usually true. these people go around begging to borrow items or beg for cash. and they seem to get all the helpful updates

But I (and many others who play Runescape) am (are) still a 12 year old "noob(s)"... :?

The 1 thing I dont get,how have you managed to get so many 99 stats with just 1 year of playing,and 50-->80 Slayer in about a month...

I notice how some people even say that they would like a level 87 monster - but Dark Beasts already exist at 90! So is isn't solely to have a milestone, is it?

Dark Beast is the only monster in that 10 mil xp gap. We're not saying that they have to be a specific level - we're just saying they should be amongst the top. And 87 wouldn't be a complete victory but it would still be better than 78, so I would be happy with it.

The 1 thing I dont get,how have you managed to get so many 99 stats with just 1 year of playing,and 50-->80 Slayer in about a month...

You basically would have to play full time.

Or just know how to play efficiently. I can get the xp to 80 in two weeks, and I don't even have to try that hard. Sure, I have my skills maxed, but it shouldn't take ages for those who have lower levels. That is, if you want to play efficiently.

I would name it a Malnura frog.

Its upper part of the body looks like one of those strange deep ocean fish with the glowing bulb that hangs in front of the head. These fish belong to the family Malacosteid.

Its lower part of the body looks like some sort of frog. The scientific name for frog is Anura-.

Malacosteid + Anura = Malnura.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Or just know how to play efficiently. I can get the xp to 80 in two weeks, and I don't even have to try that hard. Sure, I have my skills maxed, but it shouldn't take ages for those who have lower levels. That is, if you want to play efficiently.

If you look at that guy's total stats, you do not get there in one year merely by "playing efficiently." You would have to play A LOT AND efficiently.

punitivedsig.png

If you look at that guy's total stats, you do not get there in one year merely by "playing efficiently." You would have to play A LOT AND efficiently.

I was talking about slayer in specific, not about his stats. In fact, I didn't even look at them.