May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I'd like to add that Jagex has been hearing that many people want a Slayer's Guild and a 90+monster... Maybe they could combine the two..? :o :shock:

Anyways what I was originally going to say was that Jagex doesn't like to rush very important things. I remember reading that Jagex said that they wouldn't make a sequal to the Elven quest series until 2010 :cry: :( :x

I call it... Dr. Noob Anhilator :twss: :XD: :twss:

There are three sides to any argument: your side, my side and the right side.

RS BILLYMAYS.png

High levels already have full access to most of the dungeons and bosses.....which were made SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU.

No one is complaining about high levels not having access to things. In fact, that's the opposite of what this debate is about. Most of us are talking about the incentive to raise slayer, not having as much access to monsters as we can.

Most of the people directly profiting from GWD or d claw drops are high level (I said most, not all). Coupled with the fact that high level combat is pretty much the only steady money maker that keeps you ahead of the "noob money curve", you pretty much own everything of worth in the mid to endgame.

Slayer is exclusive from combat. You can train combat without training slayer.

More importantly, it's this high level elitism that keeps any equipment that is even close to being good at stupidly high prices that only high level people can obtain because either A) they're the only ones can afford it because B) they're the only ones who have access to the drops, which gets them either more money, or the drops.

No one is complaining about drops either. You can have a high leveled slayer monster without an overpowered drop.

First off, it'll probably be a seriously expensive item. It'll only be of use to high level players, and it'll give them a large advantage over other players until they too have the item. At this point you'll complain that it's boring and you'll want something new.

Wow, nice biased assumptions. You assume that it's gonna be such a great weapon, even though Dark Beast was level 90 and only dropped Dark Bow. :lol: You also assume that we are going to be bored and complain, which is the worst argument I've seen on this entire thread. Finally, you forgot to add that the high level players should be entitled to it because they've put in more work. How does it make any sense at all to reward the slackers more than the hard workers? Seriously, how? I don't even play this game anymore so this update doesn't effect me, but from a spectator I know it's just ridiculous to add in more and more slayer updates when 91-99 have nothing while they are the levels with the highest portion of xp (the work put into the skill!)

For one, more people will be able to enjoy the item, provided that they don't let status get in the way. This is certainly the case for many; who cares if everybody has rune or a d scimmy or a whip? That doesn't seem to deter the masses that you look down upon so frequently. I myself enjoyed having all of those at various points of my gameplay and I wouldn't have given up any of it knowing that it wasn't the best or rarest.

You can't just toss status out of the equation. That's the most important part. If there really was massive access to the weapon then it probably wouldn't be a good one. We already have many weapons in RS already so it keeps getting harder to release a weapon that people will actually use. And again, you assume that all we care about is a high leveled drop for our greedy selves when all we want is a reason to train slayer besides having a pretty level.

(Plus, the higher the level, the more likely that people will feel entitled to the spawns and will fight aggressively for the right. I mean, let's face it, look at how defensive all of these high level posters are getting, including YOU, because you don't want lower levels clogging your spot.)

Here we go again with the schism between high levels and low levels, a common argument brought up by the people who see this is an amazing and much needed update. :roll: I haven't seen any high levels acting like [wagon] on this thread. We're trying to have a debate about deserving a 90+ slayer monster, and you turn it into a battle of low levels VS high levels. Hmm, what does that tell me? If you're annoyed that they're complaining then you're no better by complaining about them. Seriously, the only people I see whining for no reason on this thread are the ones saying, "Shut up greedy high levels! 78 is gud!"

Is this really what it's all about? Not having more high level content?

Yeah.

What would you do with it that would not be better served by also letting somebody else who pays as much as you do but doesn't have the same amount of time to spend on the game? Would you deny them enjoyment because it would mean less for you? Why would it be less fun for you?

If they don't have enough time to play it then why should Jagex worry about making updates for them anyways? Lol, kind of shot yourself in the foot with that one.

On a more serious note, I do think low levels deserve updates but there are already enough low leveled slayer monsters. 90-99 requires a lot more work than 78, and when it comes to video games it's a common principle to be rewarded based on how much effort you've put into playing. Look at all the games out there. You collect coins, gold, gems, etc. which require effort, and you use them to buy things. Usually the more expensive it is, the more useful it is. That's how games should work. It wouldn't make sense to make the 1k sword better than the 1m sword, would it?

What if everybody were high leveled? You wouldn't have exclusive rights anymore. You would not be special, and you could be a downright official noob. Heck, the word 'noob' would mean even less now than it already does. People spend so much time trying not to be one even though the concept holds no power over the ones having fun....many (if not all) of which are downright noobish because they don't care what you non-noobs think. Why do you think there is such a gap between those who are below and those who are above? By clinging to this attitude that you should have it at the expense of somebody else, you perpetuate these high prices and therefore make it hard for the majority of people to get there, therefore denying yourselves content for high levels because the game creators see that the part of the community that needs it the most are not the people who are already at the top of their game, but the larger group of struggling mid levels who can't push through to your status because of this self imposed price barrier.

Runescape is an MMORPG. It's supposed to be adaptive to the players. It's not the players' faults that they are too strong. I can just as easily say that it's the low levels faults that they are lagging behind too much. You're basing things on population, which is fine but in this context it's a huge stretch. Just because there is more people in group A than group B doesn't mean that group A should be getting the updates and group B should get squat. Time to bring up that deadly question you guys like to ignore so much: Since there are more 99 Rangers than 99 Mages does that mean Jagex should keep making range updates and ignore the mages?

Personally, I don't really see the problem. Why does the slayer requirement of a new monster detract from the value of the update? As a fairly high level slayer (86 or 87 I'm not sure) I welcome the variety of the different tasks assigned me when slaying. Yes, abyssal demons and spiritual mages are decent profit when slaying but does that make them my favourite tasks? No. My favourite tasks are black demons, because they give me good range experience at a decent rate, arberent spectres because the drops pay the fees for my cannon and dust devils because they give very fast experience whilst providing me with decent profit. None of these tasks require a high slayer level. The only difference between a slayer monster with a level 95 slayer req and a level 78 slayer req is that the one with the lower slayer requirement is more likely to be crowded. This is easily solved by having lots of this new monster available in this cavern.

As far as I can see, the only reason people want a 90+ slayer update is in the hope that it will drop a valuable item and they'll be able to make alot of profit from it. If a level 95 slayer monster was introduced that was less profitable than, say, nechryael there would be uproar.

At the end of the day, remember runescape is only a game and the slayer skill is only part of that game. If you want to make millions then go to the GWD, runecraft or join a merching clan. Slayer is not about making big money, it's about a fun, fairly profitable way to train combat.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

As far as I can see, the only reason people want a 90+ slayer update is in the hope that it will drop a valuable item and they'll be able to make alot of profit from it. If a level 95 slayer monster was introduced that was less profitable than, say, nechryael there would be uproar

This is not the reason why. I don't even play RS anymore and I don't have high slayer, so the drop is irrelevant to me but yet I'm arguing that slayer needs higher leveled requirements. What I'm arguing for comes out of rationality and fairness, not greed.

As far as I can see, the only reason people want a 90+ slayer update is in the hope that it will drop a valuable item and they'll be able to make alot of profit from it. If a level 95 slayer monster was introduced that was less profitable than, say, nechryael there would be uproar

This is not the reason why. I don't even play RS anymore and I don't have high slayer, so the drop is irrelevant to me but yet I'm arguing that slayer needs higher leveled requirements. What I'm arguing for comes out of rationality and fairness, not greed.

If a 95+ slayer monster was introduced, where is the rationality behind that? An update that only 7000 players can take part in does not make good sense. If however an update was for a whole new set of caves ranging from level 1-99 slayer creatures, then that would be awesome, rational and fair.

Btw 86 slayer is somewhat enormous in the whole context of slaying. As a level 80 slayer, I still dream of the day I get an abby task.

Some may say But 95+ slayer took a long time and effort to get it, so ought to be rewarded, and again I say Yes indeed, but do not forget all those below you who also would like some new meat to chew on

If a 95+ slayer monster was introduced, where is the rationality behind that?

First of all, I am not asking specifically for 95+. Anything above Abyssal Demons would suffice. I'm not asking for much - just trying to compromise. :)

An update that only 7000 players can take part in does not make good sense.

So then it makes no sense to make the Summoning Skill cape until a large amount of people reach 99? What about construction? Jagex should always have something for players to look forward to. That is the most rational "business" solution.

If however an update was for a whole new set of caves ranging from level 1-99 slayer creatures, then that would be awesome, rational and fair.

Even though there are already monsters 1-90, and nothing that is 91-99... it is more rational to distribute them evenly?

Btw 86 slayer is somewhat enormous in the whole context of slaying. As a level 80 slayer, I still dream of the day I get an abby task.

Ehh, my goal was 99, but I quit RS. In the grand scheme of things, 4/13 isn't that much.

Some may say But 95+ slayer took a long time and effort to get it, so ought to be rewarded, and again I say Yes indeed, but do not forget all those below you who also would like some new meat to chew on

Yes, they should get new meat if there is enough to go around, but the others haven't even got their first servings yet.

I would just like to congratulate two groups of people right now.

Group A, those who advocate high level slayer monsters, for absolutely destroying the opposition's arguments and making me proud of Tipit.

And group B, those who argue against high level slayer monsters, for making me laugh and /facepalm simultaneously.

But to be honest, I think group B is just trolling. No one is that dense.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Morningrise333: People are not arguing AGAINST a level 95+ slayer monster they ar just providing reaosns why it makes more sense to have a slayer monster at this level instead.

I'd be more than happy to see 90-95-99 stuff in all the skills but we just have to wait for the right time for them.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It better not have a good drop so lower lvls get even richer -.- It'll mean trhat the item is doomed to get nerfed so merchers will lose cash :lol:

I would of preferred a lvl 95 slay monster (from some-one with only 84)

Best Rubik's cube time solve: 27.81 seconds.

Completed Facebook Tetris Marathon (670k score)

2000+ total with 5 99's, fletching, cooking, attack, thieving and firemaking

Why does it matter what slayer requirement is needed to kill the creature? If the loot doesn't matter what is the difference?

Don't get me wrong, I look forward to the day when new high (85+) level slayer monsters are introduced, but jagex will want to produce a worthy reward for killing these monsters, which will probably be a combat-related weapon of some variety. If they release that sort of thing too quickly then the current best weapons may suddenly seem useless in comparison, which will damage the game's mechanics and the economy.

Until such monsters are released, just be happy that more mid-level slayer monsters are being released to add a bit of variety to your training.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

First of all, I am not asking specifically for 95+. Anything above Abyssal Demons would suffice. I'm not asking for much - just trying to compromise. :)

So then it makes no sense to make the Summoning Skill cape until a large amount of people reach 99? What about construction? Jagex should always have something for players to look forward to. That is the most rational "business" solution.

If however an update was for a whole new set of caves ranging from level 1-99 slayer creatures, then that would be awesome, rational and fair.

Even though there are already monsters 1-90, and nothing that is 91-99... it is more rational to distribute them evenly?

Ehh, my goal was 99, but I quit RS. In the grand scheme of things, 4/13 isn't that much.

Yes, they should get new meat if there is enough to go around, but the others haven't even got their first servings yet.

I think your focusing to much on the levels.

The only incentive a high level monster gives is the incentive to kill something exclusive.

Players who really enjoy the slayer skill do not need an incentive to train slayer, as they already enjoy the skill. Because they enjoy it, they dont need anything (1-99) to keep them going. That being said, someone who trains slayer not for levels, but for enjoyment, would be happy for any level slayer creature, as it gives them some variety on their road to 99.

I'm not saying there should not be a high level slayer monster. I'm saying you should be respectful for Jagex's choice in their order to bring out slayer monsters. They have said before there is alot going on behind the scenes we cant see, so their reasoning for some things is not always clear.

But in the mean time, I encourage you to enjoy this slayer creature as it is something you can kill and enjoy. Its not about the level, its about finally getting something new to kill hundreds of times on your way to 99.

dawnsigblue-3.png

[hide=]

The only incentive a high level monster gives is the incentive to kill something exclusive.

Players who really enjoy the slayer skill do not need an incentive to train slayer, as they already enjoy the skill. Because they enjoy it, they dont need anything (1-99) to keep them going. That being said, someone who trains slayer not for levels, but for enjoyment, would be happy for any level slayer creature, as it gives them some variety on their road to 99.

I'm not saying there should not be a high level slayer monster. I'm saying you should be respectful for Jagex's choice in their order to bring out slayer monsters. They have said before there is alot going on behind the scenes we cant see, so their reasoning for some things is not always clear.

But in the mean time, I encourage you to enjoy this slayer creature as it is something you can kill and enjoy. Its not about the level, its about finally getting something new to kill hundreds of times on your way to 99.

[/hide]

Very well said, I agree 100%.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I'm praying for an uber mage weapon with a spec.

An awesome spec would be firing 2 spells at once (not necessarily the same type), for maybe 50% drain?

That would be brilliant for PVP. Do you go for ice barrage/ice barrage or ice barrage/smoke barrage etc.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

And for the 4,100+ of us who have 99, we aren't on our way to 99 and want something that is going to breathe some profit into the 500+ hours we spent getting there.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

They don't need one but it sure is something that's been wanted for a while now, and the number of supporters keeps increasing as more and more players reach higher levels. Level 78 Slayers have not been asking for slayer monsters at their level, but 90+'s have been suggesting one. The high levels might already enjoy the skill but that's no reason to make it void of desired updates.

So you're saying I'm not allowed to state my opinion on how I think things could be better? Just having 100 people say "cool update" gets very boring. You also have to keep in mind that I am a rebel and respect isn't without reason.

Yes, that is true - you do get to enjoy the benefits of killing a new monster at 78 the whole way to 99..... The thing is, a level 90+ monster would give you the benefit of having an incentive the whole way from 1-90 and then you would get to enjoy 90-99, which is the majority of the xp anyways. So really nothing would change, but like I said, 90+ slayer monsters has been wanted for a while now and 78 has not. Plus I don't think you realize how important incentive is. Think of RCing without double nats. Everyone would hate it.

They could add an uber awesome drop to this monster and still have it retain its value.

Just make it as rare or more rare then the visage.

Im not at all in opposition of a 1h sword with a cool graphic just as good as a whip. Maby with a str train option.

Fools_Taco.png

Fools_Taco.png

This lvl78 creature will make it the 5th best special slayer creature available, and one that is 'likely' to have better drops than wyverns, gargs, and dusties based on levels.

5th best out of 38 puts it into the 85th percentile, which is not a bad update to all slayers out there. Perhaps this cavern is the 1st step in more cavern to come with higher slayer creatures in the pipeline...

Hope that it has good secondary drops as well as the rare one. That was the mistake Jagex made with abyssal demons, spiritual mages, dark beasts, etc. etc.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Hope that it has good secondary drops as well as the rare one. That was the mistake Jagex made with abyssal demons, spiritual mages, dark beasts, etc. etc.

Abyssals actually have pretty decent secondary drops.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Abyssals actually have pretty decent secondary drops.

Like 100-200k an hour? If whips for some reason fell to a ridiculously low price, like 100k, demons' profitability would be utterly killed.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: