May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

The problem with slayer is it's a constant battle to find an open world to train. Once you find a good world, it usually doesn't take long before someone tries taking your spot. With this new monster getting a special drop, i would really like a new system put into play. I would like it if you could only fight this monster during a slayer task. It would stop people from camping, and leave more room and money for the slayers.

I understand that this will most likely never happen, but i think doing so would be a great addition to slayer. It makes more sense that you could only fight it while doing a task because thats kind of the point of slayer.

swordwarior.png

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with swordwarior. I think far more important than a simple level 95 slayer monster is a whole range of monsters across all levels that you can only fight when on task. One of the reasons I stopped doing slayer was because I was always being given tasks to really crouded areas or where people would try to steal my kills/take my spot etc.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It is an idea worth considering, but don't you think people might deserve to camp at Abyssals or Spiritual Mages if they earn the exp to be able to kill them? Some people might have there goal as 85 Slayer so they can kill Abyssals for whip drops. Maybe Jagex could make a new area that has monsters in it that are only killable on task?

It is an idea worth considering, but don't you think people might deserve to camp at Abyssals or Spiritual Mages if they earn the exp to be able to kill them? Some people might have there goal as 85 Slayer so they can kill Abyssals for whip drops. Maybe Jagex could make a new area that has monsters in it that are only killable on task?

Some slayer monsters are crowded even without any decent drops- Bloodvelds seem to be a very popular task from Duradel/Lapalok and I don't think anyone would kill them otherwise too, but the worlds are always crowded in there, also not everyone has done quests/has high enough stats/has enough money to kill mutated bloodvelds.

Although I totally agree with that suggestion, someone make a topic on RSOF?

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

Bloodvelds seem to be a very popular task from Duradel/Lapalok and I don't think anyone would kill them otherwise . . . .

Bloodveld are an excellent source of green charms.

And one would need green charm because.....? (all green charm familiars are cheaper on ge anyway and most of them are crappy exp)

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

Bloodvelds seem to be a very popular task from Duradel/Lapalok and I don't think anyone would kill them otherwise . . . .

Bloodveld are an excellent source of green charms.

And one would need green charm because.....? (all green charm familiars are cheaper on ge anyway and most of them are crappy exp)

For them to be cheaper at G.E. smeone must have the work to make them

I always use abyssal familiars while runecrafting, and they tend to be pretty expensive on the ge.

So instead of just buying them for 4.5k, you camp velds for green charms, camp abyssal things for abyssal charms, spend 3k/pouch on shards and finally make the pouches. While you could just have done an extra runecrafting run for enough money to pay for the extra cost of buying 4 more pouches. Yeah.

2dvjurb.png

So instead of just buying them for 4.5k, you camp velds for green charms, camp abyssal things for abyssal charms, spend 3k/pouch on shards and finally make the pouches. While you could just have done an extra runecrafting run for enough money to pay for the extra cost of buying 4 more pouches. Yeah.

Not sure what you mean by "camp" velds. They are extremely easy to slaughter. The strength xp is out of this world. As an additional benefit, you get a pile of green charms. Abyssal charms also are very easy to get. It's the way I play -- I never buy anything that I can make myself. I agree with you that buying the pouches would be "faster," but my game philosophy is different from that of high level grinders -- for me, the journey is the destination. I enjoy doing all of the many varied things in runescape. I don't enjoy grinding away at one thing and buying the supplies to let me do that. As it turns out, I get all of the greens that I need on task, BUT, I may craft a lot more runes in the future, and I would camp veld for charms as needed. No question. I already camp abby demons for the pure ess.

punitivedsig.png

Not sure what you mean by "camp" velds. They are extremely easy to slaughter. The strength xp is out of this world. As an additional benefit, you get a pile of green charms. Abyssal charms also are very easy to get. It's the way I play -- I never buy anything that I can make myself. I agree with you that buying the pouches would be "faster," but my game philosophy is different from that of high level grinders -- for me, the journey is the destination. I enjoy doing all of the many varied things in runescape. I don't enjoy grinding away at one thing and buying the supplies to let me do that. As it turns out, I get all of the greens that I need on task, BUT, I may craft a lot more runes in the future, and I would camp veld for charms as needed. No question. I already camp abby demons for the pure ess.

Mmk, that's a valid point. I'd never do it myself that way, but if you enjoy it, your call. They're indeed quite nice xp :P

2dvjurb.png

Hope that it has good secondary drops as well as the rare one. That was the mistake Jagex made with abyssal demons, spiritual mages, dark beasts, etc. etc.

Abyssals actually have pretty decent secondary drops.

Like 100-200k an hour? If whips for some reason fell to a ridiculously low price, like 100k, demons' profitability would be utterly killed.

Whips will never drop to 100k. Keep dreaming.

Abyssals have some of the best secondary drops of all the slayer monsters. That's why I like the tasks. I can still profit 300-400k a task even without getting a whip.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I agree with swordwarior. I think far more important than a simple level 95 slayer monster is a whole range of monsters across all levels that you can only fight when on task. One of the reasons I stopped doing slayer was because I was always being given tasks to really crouded areas or where people would try to steal my kills/take my spot etc.

The flaw in your logic: What happens when I am 99 and don't want to train it anymore? If there is a monster only killable on task than those of us who have 99 will be forced to spend time attempting to get a damn task just to be able to fight them, and then it would only be a specific amount and if you didn't get the specific rare drop during that time you have to start all over. To me that's a kick in the face for getting 99 in a skill. If I have 99 I want to do everything the skill has to offer without having to jump through hoops of fire to do them.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

The flaw in your logic: What happens when I am 99 and don't want to train it anymore? If there is a monster only killable on task than those of us who have 99 will be forced to spend time attempting to get a damn task just to be able to fight them, and then it would only be a specific amount and if you didn't get the specific rare drop during that time you have to start all over. To me that's a kick in the face for getting 99 in a skill. If I have 99 I want to do everything the skill has to offer without having to jump through hoops of fire to do them.

Simple solution- much like summoning. when you are ~10 or so levels above the level to summon a familiar, you can talk to it.

A similar approach could be taken- ~10 levels above the requirement to kill the monster on task, you can kill it without needing it to be on task, and the special bonus for level 99, is the ability to kill anything without needing it to be on task.

its not perfect, but its a decent frame for a better working solution, such as individual monsters having their non-task level set, rahter than making it a standard 10 levels. It could open slayer to a bunch of new branches.

However, I think slayer is alright how it is, more monsters would be nice, but that can wait (appearantly)

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Also, a good idea would be to add some extra spawns only killable when on task while there are some others that you can camp in...

Brando's suggestion is btw very good..

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

It's going to be a while before this update even comes out...Jagex failed at making a replacement of Behind The Scenes with Development Diaries. There are what...probably 6 recent ones now? None of them have came out yet though...interesting.

Looking forward to the release of this new slayer monster before 2012!

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

• 3 weeks later...
1 month later almost and still no slay monster >:2 this thread died with all hope of a new slay monster

:wall: :wall: :wall: :evil: :evil: :evil: #-o #-o :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall:

Dear Jagex,

We the Runescape Citizens, your customers, would like to comment on how slow you are updating Runescape as of late. You promise a new slayer monster, a new area to kill that monster, and a few new unique drops from it; and about a month later it still hasn't been released. We want our Aquanites! Please stall the other updates like Mobilizing Armies, Zanaris graphic update/Fairy Tale pt 3, and final dwarf quest to make it come out tomorrow. We want it now!

From,

The Runescape Citizens

Et tu Brute?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

1 month later almost and still no slay monster >:2 this thread died with all hope of a new slay monster

:wall: :wall: :wall: :evil: :evil: :evil: #-o #-o :evil: :evil: :wall: :wall:

Dear Jagex,

We the Runescape Citizens, your customers, would like to comment on how slow you are updating Runescape as of late. You promise a new slayer monster, a new area to kill that monster, and a few new unique drops from it; and about a month later it still hasn't been released. We want our Aquanites! Please stall the other updates like Mobilizing Armies, Zanaris graphic update/Fairy Tale pt 3, and final dwarf quest to make it come out tomorrow. We want it now!

From,

The Runescape Citizens

Et tu Brute?

Mobilising Armies

With any tactical game you need to spend a long time fine-tuning its different aspects to try to make it as fair, balanced and fun as possible. Mobilising Armies, our headline update for December, is no different and we have been working hard to tweak the key scenarios for this: Conflict, Siege, Hoard and Rescue. We'll have more on this update in next month's Behind the Scenes but in the meantime we have another screenshot for you.

don't defend Jagex when they are wrong. I have recently been extremely disappointed at the updates from jagex. i mean just look back and compare last years first 5 months to this years. you tell me what's better.

Y_Z.png

Hey there. just read everypost so far. as a level 98 slayer (600k off 99) im happy with what jagex has given me.

I am just disguested reading throug these forums and seeing people rant about the level requirement. You sound like a winging bunch of babys, im not a wanabe mod or jagex lover, but this Jagx hating isgeting out of hand. Stop being a bunch of emotionless, detached ranters and just say this.

"thanks jagex, you have been working really hard, thanks for putting player input into the naming of this monster"

Jagex staff are so sick of everyone complaining about absolutly everything, the community is getting older and more mature, but they also getting abit over the top. Step back, relax.

king__giovas.png

king__giovas.png

Feel free to add me ingame if you want to chat :D

Hey there. just read everypost so far. as a level 98 slayer (600k off 99) im happy with what jagex has given me.

I am just disguested reading throug these forums and seeing people rant about the level requirement. You sound like a winging bunch of babys, im not a wanabe mod or jagex lover, but this Jagx hating isgeting out of hand. Stop being a bunch of emotionless, detached ranters and just say this.

"thanks jagex, you have been working really hard, thanks for putting player input into the naming of this monster"

Jagex staff are so sick of everyone complaining about absolutly everything, the community is getting older and more mature, but they also getting abit over the top. Step back, relax.

and i quote again.

Mobilising Armies

With any tactical game you need to spend a long time fine-tuning its different aspects to try to make it as fair, balanced and fun as possible. Mobilising Armies, our headline update for December, is no different and we have been working hard to tweak the key scenarios for this: Conflict, Siege, Hoard and Rescue. We'll have more on this update in next month's Behind the Scenes but in the meantime we have another screenshot for you.

what you should really be saying to Jagex.

'working hard, or hardly working?'

Y_Z.png

Mobilising Armies

And you know exactly what they're doing with their time?

A scientist goes to work. He accidentally messes up a step. He has to publish his paper a month late. Did he just spend a month doing nothing or did he spend a month fixing his mistakes?

Mobilising Armies

A scientist goes to work. He accidentally messes up a step. He has to publish his paper a month late. Did he just spend a month doing nothing or did he spend a month fixing his mistakes?

Brilliantly said :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Mobilising Armies

was that scientist showing pics of his discovery and saying that there were only a few calculations left. then put it of for a month. then another month promising it all the while, then 3 more months without discussing it at all even though it was due out 5 moths ago? if he did he isn't very good scientist.

Y_Z.png

Mobilising Armies

was that scientist showing pics of his discovery and saying that there were only a few calculations left. then put it of for a month. then another month promising it all the while, then 3 more months without discussing it at all even though it was due out 5 moths ago? if he did he isn't very good scientist.

Welcome to the world of programming and software development. [cabbage] happens, delays are inevitable, and projects may be scrapped. Calling them lazy/incompetent/useless/slackers is not going to get the job done faster; it'll be ready when it's ready. In the mean time, should all other projects be put on the back burner because of a few critical system bugs?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.