May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

No update last week and a low key update this week.

I don't think we will get the slayer update tis week.

Maybe its some type of music update. ( low key )

But we will have to wait and see.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still annoyed that Mudkipz isnt the new slayer monster's name :(

I lol'd.

To those wondering, the monster's name will actually be Aquanite, as decided by Poll vote (the brawl was pretty tight between the names Gilidrixon and Aquanite, the latter won by 117 votes of difference :P )

I lol'd.

To those wondering, the monster's name will actually be Aquanite, as decided by Poll vote (the brawl was pretty tight between the names Gilidrixon and Aquanite, the latter won by 117 votes of difference :P )

was idiotic to let f2p vote as they won't even get to see the monster.

Y_Z.png

I lol'd.

was idiotic to let f2p vote as they won't even get to see the monster.

+1

Glad aquanite won it sounds a lot better:

"I'm going to aquanites"-aquas or nites

"I'm going to glidrixons"-drixs or glids

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...
Well it certainly will have a special drop -- all monsters at this level do.

Whether the level is too low or too high, it's hard to say. Slayer needs new monsters at every level. Ideally, I think that it should be like summoning -- you get a level, you get a new monster. Eventually, it probably will be like this. I agree that something new is needed for those precious few who have 90+, but I'll also bet that there are a lot more people between 75-80 than there are 90+. Also, we don't know how it's going to be released. If it's released as part of a quest, it wouldn't make sense to have a level 90+ slayer requirement on a quest. You can't have a quest that can be done by so few people -- it just isn't worth the resources. Frankly, the only way we'll get a 90+ slayer monster is when jagex wants to introduce a very rare new item into the game. Right now, godswords and spirit shields seem to have this need covered.

^ :thumbup: have not seen anyone talk about that side of the argument before :thumbup: ^

Exactly.

-65 is low, 75 medium, 85+ high imo, Jagex does not need to serve the small proportion of players (20k) that have 90 slayer.

Stop being selfish, all it is that is wanted is a high slayer monster that drops rare items that will have a massive sale price due to small amounts of possible item extraction from the slayer skill.

If you get bored with slayer, go do something else in Runescape or maybe even....dare I say.... in real life. Just don't complain.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

Whether the level is too low or too high, it's hard to say. Slayer needs new monsters at every level. Ideally, I think that it should be like summoning -- you get a level, you get a new monster. Eventually, it probably will be like this. I agree that something new is needed for those precious few who have 90+, but I'll also bet that there are a lot more people between 75-80 than there are 90+. Also, we don't know how it's going to be released. If it's released as part of a quest, it wouldn't make sense to have a level 90+ slayer requirement on a quest. You can't have a quest that can be done by so few people -- it just isn't worth the resources. Frankly, the only way we'll get a 90+ slayer monster is when jagex wants to introduce a very rare new item into the game. Right now, godswords and spirit shields seem to have this need covered.

^ :thumbup: have not seen anyone talk about that side of the argument before :thumbup: ^

Exactly.

-65 is low, 75 medium, 85+ high imo, Jagex does not need to serve the small proportion of players (20k) that have 90 slayer.

Stop being selfish, all it is that is wanted is a high slayer monster that drops rare items that will have a massive sale price due to small amounts of possible item extraction from the slayer skill.

If you get bored with slayer, go do something else in Runescape or maybe even....dare I say.... in real life. Just don't complain.

you do realize that by having the highest level monster being 90 they are only filling up less than half the exp it takes to get to 99. Also it is not just the matter of who already has 90 but what you, and Jagex, dont understand is that it gives people incentive to work towards it. Remember when you were a new player and you wanted to get 40 atk so bad for a rune weapon, should they remove rune because more people have >40 atk than do?

Y_Z.png

Exactly.

you do realize that by having the highest level monster being 90 they are only filling up less than half the exp it takes to get to 99. Also it is not just the matter of who already has 90 but what you, and Jagex, dont understand is that it gives people incentive to work towards it. Remember when you were a new player and you wanted to get 40 atk so bad for a rune weapon, should they remove rune because more people have >40 atk than do?

I think the cape and sense of an achievement are enough of an incentive...

Exactly.

They really aren't. I love training slayer, but it takes so damn long that once I get maxed melees I may just hang up my slayer helm for a few months, because there's just no real point in training it. Besides, you have 71 slayer, so you have no right to decide what we should get after 90. I have 92, and I know that slayer is so slow that a nice cape isn't worth the months of work it will take. I will get it eventually though, so don't think I'm just giving up, but right now there's just no point.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that nearly all the people who are vocally against a >90 slayer monster are under 85? Can anyone tell me why they think that they have a right to decide what we should get for months and months of slow training?

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

Has anyone else noticed that nearly all the people who are vocally against a >90 slayer monster are under 85? Can anyone tell me why they think that they have a right to decide what we should get for months and months of slow training?

obviously because if a 90+ were to come out they would be mad that they couldn't pie up and camp there for drops.

I hate sad selfish little noobys

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Has anyone else noticed that nearly all the people who are vocally against a >90 slayer monster are under 85? Can anyone tell me why they think that they have a right to decide what we should get for months and months of slow training?

obviously because if a 90+ were to come out they would be mad that they couldn't pie up and camp there for drops.

I hate sad selfish little noobys

I also hope that either the new monster or some other HIGH LEVELED monster will only drop their unique drop when you have a task, that way it wont be immensely crowded.

Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

Exactly.

What part of this do you not understand?

Slayers go for more than 6.5 MILLION Exp without a new monster to kill.

Who says Jagex should only cater to the low levels?

When a player becomes level 90 in slayer, is he suddenly not important? No, he is exactly the same as anyone else.

Nobody would quit because a monster was released that they couldn't pie and camp until they had lots of phat lewtz.

2Xeo5.png

Exactly.

They really aren't. I love training slayer, but it takes so damn long that once I get maxed melees I may just hang up my slayer helm for a few months, because there's just no real point in training it. Besides, you have 71 slayer, so you have no right to decide what we should get after 90. I have 92, and I know that slayer is so slow that a nice cape isn't worth the months of work it will take. I will get it eventually though, so don't think I'm just giving up, but right now there's just no point.

EDIT: Has anyone else noticed that nearly all the people who are vocally against a >90 slayer monster are under 85? Can anyone tell me why they think that they have a right to decide what we should get for months and months of slow training?

It seems like the people who are asking for a lvl 90+ slayer monster,are most of the time 90+ slayers.So I guess that kind of balances things out.

And if some 90+ slayers are saying that training slayer to 99 is pointless,but they are still gonna train it to 99 and whine about the lack of 90+ monster,then why train it to 99?

Besides,nobody is against a 90+ slayer monster.Not me atleast.It just seems like all the 90+ slayers have been against a lvl 78 slayer monster from the very beginning of this thread.

[hide=.]

Exactly.

It seems like the people who are asking for a lvl 90+ slayer monster,are most of the time 90+ slayers.So I guess that kind of balances things out.

And if some 90+ slayers are saying that training slayer to 99 is pointless,but they are still gonna train it to 99 and whine about the lack of 90+ monster,then why train it to 99?

Besides,nobody is against a 90+ slayer monster.Not me atleast.It just seems like all the 90+ slayers have been against a lvl 78 slayer monster from the very beginning of this thread.

[/hide]

We've been against it (as have I since I found out about it) because, for me, it seems like a waste to make a lvl 78 monster, when after 65, theres a lvl 70, 72, 75, 80, 85, and that's all in 2.8m xp, while after 85, there's ONE monster in over 9.7m xp. That is what I have a problem with. I don't care if not too many people can kill it, I just want it there so I know training to 99 wont be pointless, and because we haven't had a new very high level slayer monster in over FOUR YEARS!

s2k10n.png

[hide=.]

Exactly.

[/hide]

We've been against it (as have I since I found out about it) because, for me, it seems like a waste to make a lvl 78 monster, when after 65, theres a lvl 70, 72, 75, 80, 85, and that's all in 2.8m xp, while after 85, there's ONE monster in over 9.7m xp. That is what I have a problem with. I don't care if not too many people can kill it, I just want it there so I know training to 99 wont be pointless, and because we haven't had a new very high level slayer monster in over FOUR YEARS!

Well I think it was pretty unexpected and unneeded from JaGex too.But it angers me to see so many 90+ slayers whining how "the noobs" got something again.I mean,they should just cross it with a "meh" instead of saying it shouldn't be done because it's too low level content.Whatever they say JaGex is gonna make it anyways.So whining just doesn't help.Yet they still whine and shout about the new monster being bad and how it shouldn't have been made.Instead,we could have another one of those "fixes",eh?

Well I think it was pretty unexpected and unneeded from JaGex too.But it angers me to see so many 90+ slayers whining how "the noobs" got something again.I mean,they should just cross it with a "meh" instead of saying it shouldn't be done because it's too low level content.Whatever they say JaGex is gonna make it anyways.So whining just doesn't help.Yet they still whine and shout about the new monster being bad and how it shouldn't have been made.Instead,we could have another one of those "fixes",eh?

Its mainly about how they spent their time making an unneeded and unasked for slayer monster, while people have been begging for one above 90 for years.

s2k10n.png

Its mainly about how they spent their time making an unneeded and unasked for slayer monster, while people have been begging for one above 90 for years.

Essentially, this sums up my thoughts.

Its totally unjustified that we slayers should go for 7 million exp without a new monster to kill.

2Xeo5.png

i have 82 slayer. i think there should be monsters all added at 93, 95, 97, 99 at the same time as a reward to a big quest, what do you think about that?

Y_Z.png

i have 82 slayer. i think there should be monsters all added at 93, 95, 97, 99 at the same time as a reward to a big quest, what do you think about that?

I think that's a reasonable suggestion. Being 40k off of 95 slayer myself, it would be MUCH more motivating to train slayer knowing that I'm working for more than a cape. Don't get me wrong the cape is hot, but a 95/97/99 monster would be nice.

I've always wondered what group slayer bosses would be like, such as a "boss" abyssal demon. There could be a boss for current slayer monsters with a +10 level requirement to kill (up to the 90's of course, then it would change). A group task in a multicombat setting would be pretty cool I think, considering slayer is a very solitary skill.

There is SO much expansion they could do with slayer, but half-finishing things seems to be a common pattern in this game.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Its totally unjustified that we slayers should go for 7 million exp without a new monster to kill.

So do people that train Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, Defence, Prayer, Crafting, Mining, Woodcutting, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting, Ranged and Farming

Yet I don't see these people [bleep]ing about getting their precious 90+ items, even though they deserve it just as much as a Slayer.

And do you want them for Slayer? Or do you want them for greed? Honestly. Because if you want them for Slayer, a good (and most recent, correct me if I'm wrong) update was the recent 'Missing my mummy' quest, which allowed for easier Scabarite tasks. Which, in turn, means you can scratch the Scabarites from your permablock list (if they were) and add another task you hate.

Because you did, in fact, get a new monster to kill.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

So do people that train Attack, Strength, Hitpoints, Defence, Prayer, Crafting, Mining, Woodcutting, Fletching, Herblore, Runecrafting, Ranged and Farming

Yet I don't see these people [bleep] about getting their precious 90+ items, even though they deserve it just as much as a Slayer.

And do you want them for Slayer? Or do you want them for greed? Honestly. Because if you want them for Slayer, a good (and most recent, correct me if I'm wrong) update was the recent 'Missing my mummy' quest, which allowed for easier Scabarite tasks. Which, in turn, means you can scratch the Scabarites from your permablock list (if they were) and add another task you hate.

Because you did, in fact, get a new monster to kill.

Notice the OP has 78 slayer... Anyway, for attack, str, HP, def, prayer, mining, woodcutting, and herblore, the higher the level you are, the more advantage you have. All the combat skills have a bonus. Attack=more accuracy. Str=higher hits. As for the collection skills, you can gather resources more quickly. As for MyM, scabrites were easy to kill north of the swamp before, so nothing has changed. No more comment should be needed. Suggesting that combat or gathering skills above a certain level needed to wield or gather something is totally asinine.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Exactly.

Notice the OP has 78 slayer...

Notice that I am semi-retired....

Anyway, once again, it is a them and us situation, just like F2p vs. P2P opinions. This time the minority want high lvl slayer monster, but how about we say that if this lvl 78 requirement monster boosts the numbers of people with LOW (lower than 65) lvl slayer to reach this MID (75) lvl, then maybe, just maybe, Jagex might then add another one a few weeks/months later. They then repeat this process until sufficient numbers of players have slayer high enough that it is not some tiny minority of player that cry for more, but a influential part of the community. 20k players people, 20k. You could all walk from the game and the game would still be strong. It would suffer (the in game economics), but the game would still go on.

I don't hear uproar from these skills:

Prayer: most usefull thing is lvl 70, no new bones can be buried at anytime. Players lvl 90+ 15,000

Herblore: Caps at 82 highest item. Players lvl 90+ 5,000

Farming: 83 highest item. Players lvl 90+ 9,000

Runecrafting: Max is 92 with double nats - note, does not get them extra xp. Players 90+ 6,000

Still waiting for any argument against this marvelous idea Punitive D had (refer to red text).

Members pay for the available service, not the right to tell Jagex what to do. We are lucky enough we can influence decisions, or even make them (the name). It is like buying some milk from the store, and then demanding the manufacture to make it chocolate milk because the normal milk does not have enough sugar.

Remember, skills need room to grow, they always become easier as time goes on. Just look that the jump between RS classic and today.

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow