May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

I don't know why people are so worried about the slayer level required tbh. Just because it's not 95 slayer doesn't mean it won't be a worthwhile addition to the slayer skill. Perhaps Jagex made the requirement to appeal to a lot more people. They never said the monster would be easy or the drops would be junk. It could be a difficult monster and drop something quite useful to make it worth fighting. Look at skeletal wyverns, they require only 72 slayer to kill, but they are harder to kill than abyssal demons or dark beasts.

As I am writing this, only 7,517 people have 95 slayer, why should they release a new monster for very, very few people. 78 slayer is not extremely easy to get, and ensures a lot of people will be able to fight the new monster when it comes out. About 70,000 people have 78 slayer, which is a much larger audience that will actually be able to fight the new monster...

All I am saying is don't complain about it until it comes out... and don't expect Jagex to cater to very small groups... I'd like a 95+ slayer monster myself, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

The dark beast was released when less than 3,000 people had 90. More than double that have 95 and you think they shouldn't release a 95 monster? There's no reason NOT to.

High leveled slayers should be getting updates. Plain and simple. The skill ends at 90 and it is also one of the longest skills to level. I don't see how people can sit here and honestly say that 95+ slayers don't deserve a new monster. Hell, even make it 92 or 93. I don't care. Just something that shows that Jagex cares about it's more dedicated players. Afterall, the higher the skills the longer (typically) you've been giving them 5 dollars or more a month. They should respect that and give higher levels one damn update once in a while. It's not too much to ask for. Adding one monster is not that difficult.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people are so worried about the slayer level required tbh. Just because it's not 95 slayer doesn't mean it won't be a worthwhile addition to the slayer skill. Perhaps Jagex made the requirement to appeal to a lot more people. They never said the monster would be easy or the drops would be junk. It could be a difficult monster and drop something quite useful to make it worth fighting. Look at skeletal wyverns, they require only 72 slayer to kill, but they are harder to kill than abyssal demons or dark beasts.

So much fallacious logic. >_< Because it's not 95 slayer means that it will be SWARMED by people upon release, making it beyond frustrating to try to get a spawn, and it also means that whatever the new drop is will crash almost immediately because of the large number entering the game. And Skeletal Wyverns are on most peoples "block lists," because they lack worthwhile drops and are too difficult to efficiently kill. Granite Legs are ~200k and Visages are too rare to be a selling point for Wyverns.

The value of all items is based on three things:

1) Rarity: what are the requirements to obtain said item, and how rare is it.

2) Stats: people will pay millions for an item that just gives a +2 bonus greater than a previous item, simply because it's the "best."

3) Appearance: if it looks cool, people want it.

There are tens of thousands of people 78+ slayer, so the requirements to obtain this item aren't that great. It's a level 114 monster, which I presume will use magic and melee attacks, so it'll likely be similar to a waterfiend in difficulty. The drop will likely be around 1:150 rarity. From a level 78 slayer requirement, I doubt the item will be the "best" in any category. We'll have to see about that, though.

In short, no, I do not think this will provide anything worthwhile into the game, unless they release a mist/smoke staff or some kind of "black mask" type item for rangers.

td2sig.jpg

Ummm lvl 73 slayers will want to kill this beast using wild pies....

*Goes exchange and buys 100k wild pies* :D :-#

I dont care about a low level monster all 1-80 current slayer monster drops are less than 100k(Gargoyle well the g maul seems to be very rare this days) so i dont care the lvl the cash is what makes me think!

spy2j.jpg

As I am writing this, only 7,517 people have 95 slayer, why should they release a new monster for very, very few people. 78 slayer is not extremely easy to get, and ensures a lot of people will be able to fight the new monster when it comes out. About 70,000 people have 78 slayer, which is a much larger audience that will actually be able to fight the new monster...

All I am saying is don't complain about it until it comes out... and don't expect Jagex to cater to very small groups... I'd like a 95+ slayer monster myself, but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

When summoning was released no one had any levels but the level requirements for familers at higher levels was awesome. It gave me a goal to strive for. It might taken a year or something but it was great having something to work towards and achieve. I remember working towards that lobster for fishing, bunyip, titans, yak 'etc' and besides that - unlocking dialog aswell as unlocking ability to get shards back. It felt great to achieve -so far- 97 summoning to get my shards back after unlocking the yak. Achieving... What..? 70-80 slayer.. its an achievement for those who just started out but not for those who have gone beyond. People that have already achieved that need something harder to aspire to. All the better the less people who have that level requirement already. A player -does not- need to get 90+ stats in all his skills. It only seems fair a player should unlock higher level content on the skill he or she chooses to level higher though. If they can create new skills with higher content then why not add new content to existing skills. It wont brake the game that bad if they went about it the right way. Especially with skills like slayer. Drops arnt important there are many ways to make a good slayer monster with great gains rather than drops that many people wont be able to access. Something that wont unbalance the game or make people rich.

For me it was the best high level update besides inferno adze in ages.. Now if they had some slayer monsters that are truly difficult to unlock it would improve the end game content for slayer. For the record im not biased towards slayer as I think its lower on the list for a well overdue update but none the less it certainly needs higher end game content along with many of the other skills.

I dont think people have a problem with new content for lower-medium levels if they released content for higher levels too. At the moment it really is unfair that lower-medium content is released when none, barely or useless content for higher levels exist. Remembering lower-medium levels already have content to enjoy and aspire to if they are new.

Interesting concept. though I must say, 78 isnt that bad, stop complaining, you higher's have had quite a few good updates recently, Mid's (90's-110's) havent had anything for a good while now.

My vote was on the name Anglerfiend. D:

Popoto.~<3

By the way, for anyone asking for a high-leveled monster, no-one from Jagex has told us yet that there will be no 90+ monster included in the update... (though it's highly unlikely)

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

So much fallacious logic. >_< Because it's not 95 slayer means that it will be SWARMED by people upon release, making it beyond frustrating to try to get a spawn, and it also means that whatever the new drop is will crash almost immediately because of the large number entering the game.

So basically what your saying is...Jagex shouldn't release any mosters that dont have a 90-99 Slayer requirement because the will be SWARMED by us noobs upon release... :|

And I still dont get it why the 90+ Slayers are whining about Jagex releasing a 78 Slayer requirement monster...it's not like it's going to hurt you or take something away from you???Also,they haven't promised us any 90+ Slayer monsters,but still your acting like they promised one and suddenly change the requirement to 78 just because they want more people to enjoy the update...

I agree that a 90+ Slayer moster should be released,but I also think that it should be released with lower leveled Slayer mosters on the same update...that would make it fair to everyone. :pray:

I agree that a 90+ Slayer moster should be released,but I also think that it should be released with lower leveled Slayer mosters on the same update...that would make it fair to everyone. :pray:

To expand - Same monster but different requirements/level. Kinda like how they already have different level monsters which are the same but instead make it a higher requirement to kill the higher leveled monster.

Possibly the exact same drops or maybe a little more common. Better charm rates or something. Due to it being tougher to kill. 50 waters instead of 10..

While i agree that there needs to be a 90+ slayer monster, a level 78 one isn't something to complain about. You do realize that although there are arund 72,000 people who have 78 slayer, there are over 1.1 Million people who don't. This monster isn't exactly going to be noob-central.

Wow if you can all write that much when we are only naming it, just think how much you will be writing when they release it and its nothing like anybody has assumed, like almost all rs updates people debate pre-release.

Unlike all other releases, we have the vital information NOW. This topic has basically become a discussion of the 78 Slayer/114 Combat specifications of the new monster, which could have been easily discussed after the update. Of course, the drop may change the final opinion of the monster, but for now it's enough to know that they put it at a lower level than many slayers would like.

The thing is, we have none of the vital information. All we know about is this single monster that will require level 78 slayer. We Don't know about the update it will come with, we don't know what other creatures will come at the same time as it, we don't know what it will drop which will determine it's desirability to kill, we don't know how hard it will be to kill, we don't even know how many of them there will be.

For all we know, this could be a single monster in a massive slayer update later in the year which brings out multiple high level slayer monsters. For all we know, they already have names for the others, which is all they want for this one, something planned to get the players involved with a large update, naming one of the many creatures to be introduced.

We know nothing. Everything is an assumption.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Wow if you can all write that much when we are only naming it, just think how much you will be writing when they release it and its nothing like anybody has assumed, like almost all rs updates people debate pre-release.

Unlike all other releases, we have the vital information NOW. This topic has basically become a discussion of the 78 Slayer/114 Combat specifications of the new monster, which could have been easily discussed after the update. Of course, the drop may change the final opinion of the monster, but for now it's enough to know that they put it at a lower level than many slayers would like.

The thing is, we have none of the vital information. All we know about is this single monster that will require level 78 slayer. We Don't know about the update it will come with, we don't know what other creatures will come at the same time as it, we don't know what it will drop which will determine it's desirability to kill, we don't know how hard it will be to kill, we don't even know how many of them there will be.

For all we know, this could be a single monster in a massive slayer update later in the year which brings out multiple high level slayer monsters. For all we know, they already have names for the others, which is all they want for this one, something planned to get the players involved with a large update, naming one of the many creatures to be introduced.

Not really. Let me repost what Jagex told us, while bolding some of the words:

We have launched a thread on the 'Suggestions - Monster and NPC' forum, asking you to come up with ideas to name our latest addition to Slayer - a brand new creature!

We are developing a new Slayer creature. Here are some details that should help you with your name suggestions:

* It will dwell in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - we are adding a new cave to the dungeon, after the kurasks;

* You will need a Slayer level of 78 to fight the creature;

* The creature will have a combat level of 114;

* The creature will cast water Magic spells and it will have a special attack;

* The cave the creature is in will be single combat, like the rest of the dungeon.

Everything I bolded is singular. They are not raving about a massive Slayer update, they said specifically "our newest addition." From the way it is written you can just tell there is only this little creature. They have nothing to lose and memberships to gain by touting a larger update.

They call each individual spot that a different monster inhabits "a cave." They are adding ONE "new cave."

What the monster drops is irrelevant to the point that's been brought up the most - the requirements aren't up to par with what was promised.

2496 Completionist

Not really. Let me repost what Jagex told us, while bolding some of the words:

We have launched a thread on the 'Suggestions - Monster and NPC' forum, asking you to come up with ideas to name our latest addition to Slayer - a brand new creature! Does not say it is the only one does it, it could be one of many.

We are developing a new Slayer creature. Here are some details that should help you with your name suggestions:

* It will dwell in the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - we are adding a new cave to the dungeon, after the kurasks; For all we know, this cave could be huge, brimhaven dungeon is a cave, and has multiple creatures. Or they could be adding a new room to the other slayer areas, we do not know.

* You will need a Slayer level of 78 to fight the creature; That just describes this one.

* The creature will have a combat level of 114;

* The creature will cast water Magic spells and it will have a special attack;

* The cave the creature is in will be single combat, like the rest of the dungeon.

Everything I bolded is singular. They are not raving about a massive Slayer update, they said specifically "our newest addition." From the way it is written you can just tell there is only this little creature. They have nothing to lose and memberships to gain by touting a larger update.

They call each individual spot that a different monster inhabits "a cave." They are adding ONE "new cave."

What the monster drops is irrelevant to the point that's been brought up the most - the requirements aren't up to par with what was promised.

Added some points, what i am saying is that we do not know, it might not be more creatures, we do not know, i've seen so much happen on here because people assumed so much, you can assume NOTHING from what jagex have said, 'we are adding chairs that you can sit on!' is something i will bring up, and we all know what that lead too.

And drops do count, no matter how many people can kill something. Spectres are 65 slayer, they are packed and most tasks will end 300k+ profit, gargoyles are 75 slayer and granite mauls are 100k+ after years, cave horrors and black masks are another example, the level to kill means so little about how useful a creature is, anything over level 60 could give massive profits per task.

Also i'd like to quote you: What the monster drops is irrelevant to the point that's been brought up the most - the requirements aren't up to par with what was promised.

Where did they ever promise us anything, they could have left slayer with nothing new, think yourself lucky they are adding anything to this skill, which imo, is almost complete.

As i said before, we know nothing.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Why should Slayer get something 90+ while other, older skills remain the same as before?

Cause slayer is a [bleep] to train, and the highest req for a new monster is 90. ~7M exp of killing the same thing, over and over, gets old fast.

Actually, slayer is one of the skills that has a decent reward up until high lvls. Look at woodcutting, it basicly stops at 60, 75 if you are stupid enough to cut mages.

However, I do agree that Jagex should cater more to higher lvls in general. There are tons of low lvl rewards, and things to do for low lvls.

And what about a black mask for magic? You're telling us we're biased and yet you're the one that SPECIFICALLY wants a black mask for ranged. Well we SPECIFICALLY want a level 95+ slayer monster. I see no difference whatsoever, and to be honest, the dark beast was released when less than 3,000 people had 90 slayer. Now, over 4,000 people have NINETY-NINE slayer. We are far overdue for a higher level monster.

And 300k people (just a guess) have 78 woodcutting, however, they are stuck at a lvl 40 tree (willow, and whatever lvl teak is) for efficiënt training...

Added some points, what i am saying is that we do not know, it might not be more creatures, we do not know, i've seen so much happen on here because people assumed so much, you can assume NOTHING from what jagex have said, 'we are adding chairs that you can sit on!' is something i will bring up, and we all know what that lead too.

And drops do count, no matter how many people can kill something. Spectres are 65 slayer, they are packed and most tasks will end 300k+ profit, gargoyles are 75 slayer and granite mauls are 100k+ after years, cave horrors and black masks are another example, the level to kill means so little about how useful a creature is, anything over level 60 could give massive profits per task.

Also i'd like to quote you: What the monster drops is irrelevant to the point that's been brought up the most - the requirements aren't up to par with what was promised.

Where did they ever promise us anything, they could have left slayer with nothing new, think yourself lucky they are adding anything to this skill, which imo, is almost complete.

As i said before, we know nothing.

I specifically remember a Mod MMG response where he stated (this is paraphrased as best I can), "I agree that Slayer is rather empty at high levels and I would love to fix this." Well of the 8 gaps he could have chosen from, he chose the 5th highest...Many content team J-mods have posted things like "yes, we'll work on it" throughout the last couple years. I don't have any pictures now, but I will find them if you need. So there's the promise.

As to the profit, 300k for an hour long task or ~120k for a drop that happens 1-2 times max per task is not enticing enough. It is rather better than all the monsters below Cave Horrors. But this is still not enough, both Gargoyles and Specters are slow experience and are not enough incentive for people to train Slayer. They look forward to higher profits that should come at higher levels and that should be somewhat comparable to traditional training/moneymaking techniques.

Also, I would like to go back to one of my previous points: drops are balanced by either being a rare drop from an easy monster or an easy drop from a tough monster. Cave Horrors, etc take the first approach, which simply cannot compare in the long run to the second method of drop balancing. It is clear from the level requirements that this monsters intends to take the easy monster, tough drop path. You keep saying that it could still be very difficult to kill: let me put it this way. What yields more kills: 110,000 people killing a monster every 2 minutes or 18,000 killing a monster every minute?

2496 Completionist

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a mage weapon. Idk why, but Dark beasts dropped a range weapon. It just makes me think this will drop a mage weapon.

My guesses would be either

~A black mask for Range/Mage.

~A dark bow style mage weapon.

~A new type of staff.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

78 isnt that bad, stop complaining, you higher's have had quite a few good updates recently, Mid's (90's-110's) havent had anything for a good while now.

But we're talking about slayer, not combat.

I

specifically remember a Mod MMG response where he stated (this is paraphrased as best I can), "I agree that Slayer is rather empty at high levels and I would love to fix this." Well of the 8 gaps he could have chosen from, he chose the 5th highest...Many content team J-mods have posted things like "yes, we'll work on it" throughout the last couple years. I don't have any pictures now, but I will find them if you need. So there's the promise.

Forgive me for my innability to see you're "promises" of a level 90+ slayer monster. nowhere in anything you just posted is there evidence of a spoken (albeit typed) promise to introduce, specifically, a level 90+ slayer monster. If anything, there is the suggestion that mod MMG WOULD LIKE TO, he has the WANT to add more slayer monsters- but he isnt a developer! he's a community representative, his job is to make face time with the players, and make runescape more community based.

He didnt say " there is a gap, and i promise to add a level 90+ slayer monster in the next slayer update!" he said, from your own words "I agree that Slayer is rather empty at high levels and I would love to fix this." .

78 is a high slayer level. if you're going off the quote you provided, mod MMG came through on his "promise" of a higher level slayer update. Case closed.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

And the level 83 and 85 spiritual mage and abyssal demon give 400k+ profit per hour.

Level requirement does matter.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

78 is a high slayer level. if you're going off the quote you provided, mod MMG came through on his "promise" of a higher level slayer update. Case closed.

78 is high? We've already had Dark Beasts, Abyssal Demons, and Spirituals. They are all higher than 78 but they stop at 90. There are still 9 whole levels, the levels that require the largest amount of effort.

78 is high? We've already had Dark Beasts, Abyssal Demons, and Spirituals. They are all higher than 78 but they stop at 90. There are still 9 whole levels, the levels that require the largest amount of effort.

78 slayer is high when you compare the number of players with 78 slayer against other 78's.

Those who already have 78 ought to celebrate the upcoming release, rather than bemoan the fact that its not a lvl 91+ beasty. Hell, if they released a level 97 beast, imagine the complaints then!

Just because they do not bow down and reward a 99 slayer with a new slayer beasty does not diminish the 99 slayer in the slightest. A 90+ herb/potion, tree to cut, ore to mine, animal to hunt etc would also be nice?

I don't really consider 78 slayer to be that hard to get...I'm 126 combat, and have gotten 78 slayer even though that is one of my most neglected skills. I've only done 68 tasks in a row. And I forget what the number was, but someone posted 72,000 people have 78 slayer or higher? How can you not consider this "a lot of people." True, the ratio of this to overall Runescape players makes it seem "low," but...can you imagine 72,000 people trying to find a world to get to these new monsters on the day of release? It seems chaotic to me.

Jagex would most profit off of a high leveled monster. This gives people incentive to get higher than 90 slayer, for the possibility of greater rewards. The more time people spend training slayer = more money flowing into Jagex's cash pile. Let's face it, since 78 is roughly 1/4th of the way to 92 (1/8th of the way to 99), that means people are spending 4x as long to get to mid-90s slayer than only to 78. Also I noticed...75-85 slayer will now have 5 monsters to unlock. That is 5 monsters in the space of 2,048,173 xp. Now let's look at 90-99. 1 Monster unlocked for 7,688,099 xp. Tell me how this is logical?

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

78 slayer is high when you compare the number of players with 78 slayer against other 78's.

This argument doesn't make sense. Does this suggest that 99 Strength isn't high simply because there is a large amount of people who have it compared to all other skills? No, whether it is high or not should have nothing to do with the amount of people who've acquired it. It would mean that 10 Summoning was "high" when it first came out, because few people had it. Whether a level is high or low should be dependent on a more solid factor, like xp.

Those who already have 78 ought to celebrate the upcoming release, rather than bemoan the fact that its not a lvl 91+ beasty. Hell, if they released a level 97 beast, imagine the complaints then!

Imagine a level 92 beast, think of all the positive feedback. I think you'd be surprised how much a real high level slayer monster has been wanted. Just look at this thread for living proof. You're pretty much dictating to other players what they can or cannot desire in a game that they pay for, even though they have reasonable backings.

Just because they do not bow down and reward a 99 slayer with a new slayer beasty does not diminish the 99 slayer in the slightest. A 90+ herb/potion, tree to cut, ore to mine, animal to hunt etc would also be nice?

Naturally, high level abilities in all fields would be nice but you have to start somewhere. Like I said before, slayer is first on my list because it is the hardest and it is a favored skill among many, especially the high leveled.

Imagine a level 92 beast, think of all the positive feedback. I think you'd be surprised how much a real high level slayer monster has been wanted. Just look at this thread for living proof. You're pretty much dictating to other players what they can or cannot desire in a game that they pay for, even though they have reasonable backings.

I think that most of the low-leveled players happy about this update are scared to post here as they will be bashed by the higher-leveled, who are totally obsessed with 90+ slayer monsters, also if there would be 90+ monster, I'm sure about the same amount of low-leveled players would rant as they would have wanted a monster they can reach (not every player with or without maxed levels can get 70 slayer in a week and have a goal of 99 slayer).

Naturally, high level abilities in all fields would be nice but you have to start somewhere.

But why would they HAVE to start with slayer? I'm sure woodcutters and hunters would like a high-leveled thing to do too, also miners and fishers (bare-fishing shark isn't the thing, you can catch them at 76 fishing)... and these are just extracting-skills... And they stop at even lower level. Not saying slayer wouldn't need an update sooner or later.

Disclaimer: this post is not made to say that we won't need 90+ slayer monster, just to get the people understand not only slayer needs high-level updates.

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

I think that most of the low-leveled players happy about this update are scared to post here as they will be bashed by the higher-leveled, who are totally obsessed with 90+ slayer monsters

You're right, we're monsters.

also if there would be 90+ monster, I'm sure about the same amount of low-leveled players would rant as they would have wanted a monster they can reach (not every player with or without maxed levels can get 70 slayer in a week and have a goal of 99 slayer).

Low levels have many things compared to high levels. What do they have to complain about? That there is a 20k xp gap...? Seriously.

But why would they HAVE to start with slayer? I'm sure woodcutters and hunters would like a high-leveled thing to do too, also miners and fishers (bare-fishing shark isn't the thing, you can catch them at 76 fishing)... and these are just extracting-skills... And they stop at even lower level. Not saying slayer wouldn't need an update sooner or later.

No one said they have to. This thread just happens to be about slayer. When I saw the update the first thing I wondered was if it would be a high leveled one or not. Slayer happens to be one of the most challenging skills and offers no reward at 91-99 too. Fishing and Woodcutting allow you to gather resources faster the higher your level is.

HOLY CRAP OVERLOAD TL;DR

I was hoping to get a bunch of replies questioning my "warped sense of logic" but now I'm glad everybody went for the easier target because there is no way I'm spending that much time scrolling at low speed. Then again, I can't really complain, because I'm gearing up to drop a fresh load of bull on this already steaming pile of [redacted]. (For FUN.)

But srsly...let's go by what we can observe and leave the speculation to fortune-tellers and RSOF.

High levels already have full access to most of the dungeons and bosses.....which were made SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU. Most of the people directly profiting from GWD or d claw drops are high level (I said most, not all). Coupled with the fact that high level combat is pretty much the only steady money maker that keeps you ahead of the "noob money curve", you pretty much own everything of worth in the mid to endgame. More importantly, it's this high level elitism that keeps any equipment that is even close to being good at stupidly high prices that only high level people can obtain because either A) they're the only ones can afford it because B) they're the only ones who have access to the drops, which gets them either more money, or the drops.

Now, let's see what happens when a seriously high level drop is put into the game.

First off, it'll probably be a seriously expensive item. It'll only be of use to high level players, and it'll give them a large advantage over other players until they too have the item. At this point you'll complain that it's boring and you'll want something new.

What happens when you put a more accessible item instead?

Pretty much the same thing, except

- More people will have it and use it

- More people can afford it due to commonness

- More people will be trying to get it

- The item will be less unique and beautiful and you will not be a pretty snowflake for owning one

- If you have it people will think you're a noob

Now, these may sound bad, but in reality it's much better off this way. Why?

For one, more people will be able to enjoy the item, provided that they don't let status get in the way. This is certainly the case for many; who cares if everybody has rune or a d scimmy or a whip? That doesn't seem to deter the masses that you look down upon so frequently. I myself enjoyed having all of those at various points of my gameplay and I wouldn't have given up any of it knowing that it wasn't the best or rarest.

So, about the people camping the spawns...let's look at this honestly. People will camp there anyway regardless of level limit if the item is good. Look at all the other high level spots being camped. If the item is good enough that people will want to level to get there, there will be more competition eventually, plus the prestige you normally would have would be utterly destroyed were this to happen.

(Plus, the higher the level, the more likely that people will feel entitled to the spawns and will fight aggressively for the right. I mean, let's face it, look at how defensive all of these high level posters are getting, including YOU, because you don't want lower levels clogging your spot.)

Is this really what it's all about? Not having more high level content? What would you do with it that would not be better served by also letting somebody else who pays as much as you do but doesn't have the same amount of time to spend on the game? Would you deny them enjoyment because it would mean less for you? Why would it be less fun for you?

What if everybody were high leveled? You wouldn't have exclusive rights anymore. You would not be special, and you could be a downright official noob. Heck, the word 'noob' would mean even less now than it already does. People spend so much time trying not to be one even though the concept holds no power over the ones having fun....many (if not all) of which are downright noobish because they don't care what you non-noobs think. Why do you think there is such a gap between those who are below and those who are above? By clinging to this attitude that you should have it at the expense of somebody else, you perpetuate these high prices and therefore make it hard for the majority of people to get there, therefore denying yourselves content for high levels because the game creators see that the part of the community that needs it the most are not the people who are already at the top of their game, but the larger group of struggling mid levels who can't push through to your status because of this self imposed price barrier.

But enough of this. I'm speculating again, plus I'm a raving ideological misguided fool. Really though, there should be more high level content, but who are you going to convince when so many are not there? Not the fawning attempted crowd-pleasing Jagex.

8f14270694.jpg