Poppet

May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Mobilising Armies

With any tactical game you need to spend a long time fine-tuning its different aspects to try to make it as fair, balanced and fun as possible. Mobilising Armies, our headline update for December, is no different and we have been working hard to tweak the key scenarios for this: Conflict, Siege, Hoard and Rescue. We'll have more on this update in next month's Behind the Scenes but in the meantime we have another screenshot for you.

what you should really be saying to Jagex.

'working hard, or hardly working?'

And you know exactly what they're doing with their time?

A scientist goes to work. He accidentally messes up a step. He has to publish his paper a month late. Did he just spend a month doing nothing or did he spend a month fixing his mistakes?

Brilliantly said :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

was that scientist showing pics of his discovery and saying that there were only a few calculations left. then put it of for a month. then another month promising it all the while, then 3 more months without discussing it at all even though it was due out 5 moths ago? if he did he isn't very good scientist.

Welcome to the world of programming and software development. [cabbage] happens, delays are inevitable, and projects may be scrapped. Calling them lazy/incompetent/useless/slackers is not going to get the job done faster; it'll be ready when it's ready. In the mean time, should all other projects be put on the back burner because of a few critical system bugs?

what else has come out! seriously look at what they managed last year. tell me they can't handle a decent update a month!

Y_Z.png

Mobilising Armies

With any tactical game you need to spend a long time fine-tuning its different aspects to try to make it as fair, balanced and fun as possible. Mobilising Armies, our headline update for December, is no different and we have been working hard to tweak the key scenarios for this: Conflict, Siege, Hoard and Rescue. We'll have more on this update in next month's Behind the Scenes but in the meantime we have another screenshot for you.

A scientist goes to work. He accidentally messes up a step. He has to publish his paper a month late. Did he just spend a month doing nothing or did he spend a month fixing his mistakes?

was that scientist showing pics of his discovery and saying that there were only a few calculations left. then put it of for a month. then another month promising it all the while, then 3 more months without discussing it at all even though it was due out 5 moths ago? if he did he isn't very good scientist.

Welcome to the world of programming and software development. [cabbage] happens, delays are inevitable, and projects may be scrapped. Calling them lazy/incompetent/useless/slackers is not going to get the job done faster; it'll be ready when it's ready. In the mean time, should all other projects be put on the back burner because of a few critical system bugs?

what else has come out! seriously look at what they managed last year. tell me they can't handle a decent update a month!

Betting 5 i-web dollars they managed to turn it into a skill or something much bigger....i think its the game changing mechanic they talked about....

swordwarior.png

Alright. Here's what I'll tell you.

It's been a month since this Slayer NPC was conceptualized. One month. To the day. Projects do NOT get done in ONE month. They take many, many months of programming. Things can go perfectly, and get released early; things can go horribly wrong, and be delayed. There might be a change in plans, as well, from the big wigs - they might want the dev team to take their time and do things right with their updates, rather than rush out dozens of updates every other week, and have them fall dramatically short of the player's expectations.

Just because Mobilising Armies or this new Slayer monster aren't out yet is no reason to go around criticizing Jagex's time management skills. For all you know, those updates were brewing since 08.

So chill out, have an ice cream, and quit acting like a spoiled brat. It'll be launched when it's ready, and not a moment sooner.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Alright. Here's what I'll tell you.

It's been a month since this Slayer NPC was conceptualized. One month. To the day. Projects do NOT get done in ONE month. They take many, many months of programming. Things can go perfectly, and get released early; things can go horribly wrong, and be delayed. There might be a change in plans, as well, from the big wigs - they might want the dev team to take their time and do things right with their updates, rather than rush out dozens of updates every other week, and have them fall dramatically short of the player's expectations.

Just because Mobilising Armies or this new Slayer monster aren't out yet is no reason to go around criticizing Jagex's time management skills. For all you know, those updates were brewing since 08.

So chill out, have an ice cream, and quit acting like a spoiled brat. It'll be launched when it's ready, and not a moment sooner.

Thank you for silencing the inpatient peoples of tif.

And to the aforementioned people, wait, don't complain before the update comes out. Complain or praise after the update comes out.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

As long as their special drop isn't some random piece of crap like brine sabres or granite platelegs, I'm happy for them to take all the time in the world to make sure they get it right :thumbup: If you're not a patient person, maybe you should stop opening threads like these.

They sound fun to kill TBH, I wonder what their special attack will be (and on that note, I wonder what their weapon's spec attack will be. Assuming it's a weapon).

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Mobilising Armies

A lot has come out. Just because you don't LIKE the updates doesn't mean Jagex didn't work hard to make them.

And it is impossible to go from concept -> full implementation in a month. IMPOSSIBLE. The whole process takes at least a few months, I would guess about 4 to 6.

It would be nice if they new slayer monster had nice secondary drops.

I.e. if it was the new aviansie.

It would be great if it could act as an alternative to a good cash making experience for slayers and for slayers only.

Then it wouldn't matter if the primary drop is crap.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Hi

i am 83 slayer and i am verry excited about the new slayer monster, i remember wen spiritual mages came out and my slayer lvl was to low to get the d-boots drop.

Now is my chance to get a new drop and benefit from getting millions for a chance.

What really would be nice if u need to do a quest to get into the last cave to get to the new slayer monster and make it at least a hard quest. ( i love quest's )

A lot has come out. Just because you don't LIKE the updates doesn't mean Jagex didn't work hard to make them.

And it is impossible to go from concept -> full implementation in a month. IMPOSSIBLE. The whole process takes at least a few months, I would guess about 4 to 6.

look at the amount(and quality) of updates last year, but this year they seem to have had nothing already started is what i'm saying. did they just drop everything and start anew when the new management came or what? btw you guys sound like mechanics that are screwing a guy over "it will be ready when its ready'. Well you said my [bleep]ing car would be ready 5 months ago!

Y_Z.png

I've been reading through the forums and I'm surprised about how many people are complaining about this new update. How can you complain about something that hasn't even been released yet? You don't even know if the drops will be good or if the monster will be hard, so STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT.

On another note, i'm looking forward to this update, even though i'm not 78 slayer, because it's been awile since they made a new slayer monster. :ohnoes:

It probably wont be that bad - i wish they would focus on a lvl 95 slayer monster or something though. Ah well my dreams haven't been shattered yet :P.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I'm not to fussed about the delay as I've got another 3.5 levels to go (only about 30k from 75), I 'd like to see another taster, but hey as long as its not got poor drops on release (think waterfiends when they was released) then I'm all for it.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Why can't people stop complaining about people that complain?

Thats like asking why people cant stop complaining. :P

Both stop at the same time.

i must save this thread!!! tuesday tommorow new slay monster i hope

You would do that...

I'm betting that we're going to have a omgwtfbbq huge amazing super magical update, based on what the posted on twitter.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 476~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,12 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,9 Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,5 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs,Mattock
GWD: 154~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 1~Bob Shirt

Etc: 63~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

What did they post on twitter?

Last Twitter post regarding this week's update:

sneak peak: a nice low key update is planned for this week. Nothing to get too excited about. You'll hardly even notice it ;-)Ajd

Rumored to be Mobolising Armies, Music Achievement cape (due to the "low key") but really, who knows? We'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

sneak peak: a nice low key update is planned for this week. Nothing to get too excited about. You'll hardly even notice it ;-)Ajd

Rumored to be Mobolising Armies, Music Achievement cape (due to the "low key") but really, who knows? We'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I personally think it will be the music cape, and I really hope it is! I worked hard for all 599 music! :)

Sumondskull6.png

I personally think it will be the music cape, and I really hope it is! I worked hard for all 599 music! :)

unlocking all songs should just trim quest cape or something, it's really not that big of an achievement to deserve its own cape

And I think this week is MA, so we've still got a while to go for this new slayer monster (which will be a disappointment)

This is one of those "if you squint really hard maybe you can see the logic in this" moments, but the words "low key" struck me as being a possibility for the new dwarf quest.

It's a stretch, but dwarfs are pretty short (low), right? :twss:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

unlocking all songs should just trim quest cape or something, it's really not that big of an achievement to deserve its own cape

And I think this week is MA, so we've still got a while to go for this new slayer monster (which will be a disappointment)

Agreed, especially since there is already an emote. I'll have to get that damn rogue's den maze song though...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 476~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,12 Legs,9 Spear,2 D2h,8 L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,9 Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,5 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,29 Royal,2 Kite,Ward,Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs,Mattock
GWD: 154~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,3 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 3~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 1~Bob Shirt

Etc: 63~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,4 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Agreed, especially since there is already an emote. I'll have to get that damn rogue's den maze song though...

First off, 500/599 to get the emote. Second, you need to have a quest cape to get most of the musics, and you also need to go to literally every place in the game to get all of the musics, MUCH greater achievement than quests, considering all quests is a requirement.

Sumondskull6.png

I think beating every hard achievement diary should trim quest cape it just makes sense. But, music would be cool to.

Still annoyed that Mudkipz isnt the new slayer monster's name :(

Lets hope it drops some interesting new item though :pray:

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!