May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

Adding a high level slayer monster would require a lot of time to blanace the game though. Lets face it, the only reason people want a high level slayer monster is not for the exp or the fun of fighting something new its because they want a new weapon or armour piece or something new they they can sell for millions. This needs to be carefully decided so as not to affect everything else. If it drops a new weapon which is better than the whip what will that do to the whip market? If it drops armour comparible to bandos or armadyl careful consideration must be made as to what might happen to the GWD. By releasing an intermediate slayer monster it gives the vast majority of poeple something new and nice to play with and it might even drop some nice items too but its not going to unfairly unbalance anything already in the game.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool

anglerfish.jpg

And yeah, they are going to have to open this new Slayer Monster up somehow, I doubt they would randomly stick it into the game without any background story.

Most likely a quest to make it available or something, either way, I am looking forward to when they release it. :)

78 is actually a really nice level to add a slayer monster in at.

Using the new pattern of 1 monster every 2 or 3 levels it leaves only 2/3, 12/13, 27/28, 87/88, 92/93, 95 and 97/98.

Would you rather have a 2/3, 12/13, 27/28 or a 78 monster? Now if it was one of the lower ones there would be a lot of moaning by pretty much everyone.

The reason they add the lower ones first if to both allow new/low slayers to go wow I need to get a few more level, then a few more then a few more.

This also benefits high slayers as they get more varied tasks.

By opening up more cave area they can add more higher leveled monsters later. This means that the later updates will be the missing 87/88, 92/93, 95 or 97/98 monsters.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

78 is actually a really nice level to add a slayer monster in at.

Using the new pattern of 1 monster every 2 or 3 levels it leaves only 2/3, 12/13, 27/28, 87/88, 92/93, 95 and 97/98.

Would you rather have a 2/3, 12/13, 27/28 or a 78 monster? Now if it was one of the lower ones there would be a lot of moaning by pretty much everyone.

The reason they add the lower ones first if to both allow new/low slayers to go wow I need to get a few more level, then a few more then a few more.

This also benefits high slayers as they get more varied tasks.

By opening up more cave area they can add more higher leveled monsters later. This means that the later updates will be the missing 87/88, 92/93, 95 or 97/98 monsters.

I wonder if the tower will "expand" as well, like perhaps a portal beyond the abby demons to some plain where these monsters have come from

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I hope it won't expand. Just like the slayer cave. They both feel kinda dead. I don't quite get the feeling that it's a spooky tower or a spooky cave. It's just a series of nearly empty rooms linked together. I'd rather have more original, nice looking areas to fight monsters in.

I have just read this entire thread because i'm bored in my lunch time and free period and i have to say i am utterly gobsmacked at how much you people have whined and whinged about this slayer monster!

I have been training slayer since i became a member back in March time and i'm only level 71..... to me that was high. I mean if you saw someone with 75 construction would you say that's a low level? Or what about 70 prayer? No of course not because not many people have that level; whereas 80K odd people have 78 slayer - so get your thoughts in order.

To me a new slayer monster is still an exciting prospect even though i've now had you lot belittling my slayer level. Sure us "low level" slayers have more monsters but to be honest but you "high level" slayers will still benifit from it getting 100+ per task off your slayer master regardless. So to say "it's pathetic because it's a monster with a low slayer level" is wrong!

I am PROUD that's right PROUD of my level 71 slayer! To me it is HIGH!

So please people stop being egotistic idiots and give praise to those people with the dedication to get their level that high, and jagex deserves some kudos for finally coming up with something new for us to kill!

Right that's my [cabbage] and moan over.

On another note even though it's a new slayer monster i am disappointed with the look of it..... it's just an anglerfish crossed with a frog.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

If people shouldn't voice negative opinions, then I wonder why you're doing it yourself.

And next to that, you totally missed the point.

And, if you think your lvl 71 slayer level is high, you probably have no idea how to train it properly.

If people shouldn't voice negative opinions, then I wonder why you're doing it yourself.

And, if you think your lvl 71 slayer level is high, you probably have no idea how to train it properly.

I was voicing my opinion about how [cabbage] you guys have made me feel about my level. :wall:

and no i haven't - the point is that the high levels are angry there aren't any more higher level monsters other than dark beasts. :shame:

and fine oh so great slayer person, enlighten me please as to how to train one of my favorite skills properly. :pray:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The point was that you are mad because its 78 and not 95?

Sorry but you seam to be forgetting that 95 slayer'ers can also kill this thing too. Its not exclusive to where only 90- can kill it. That being said, 78 or 95, your getting a new slayer monster to add variety to your tasks on your way to 99.

We know very little about the monster. It could turn out to be one of the best tasks you can get, similar to waterfiends, or very fast xp like bloodvelds. It could have a mage drop worth 200k+ and be awesome for overall drops. We know very little about this monster, so saying "its 78 so its going to be worthless" is not a valid argument.

Sure there may be some campers when it comes out, but regardless if it was 95 or 78, people are going to camp it when it comes out anyways. Like all other monsters, as time passes people will clear out. Especially if the special attack makes it un-campable.

I agree that 90+ monster will be needed in the future, but you are getting a new slayer creature to add variety to your tasks. If you have the level to kill it, why does it matter what slayer level it is?

dawnsigblue-3.png

Why is everyone whining about adding a new high level monster to a skill, where you have to fight RANDOMLY ASSIGNED enemies?

Isn't it good enough when the high level Slayer masters assign this... thing?

The key problem of slayer is, that we don't have anything to look forward to after lvl 90 (or perhaps, even after lvl 85), and we have a crap load of monsters in the lvl range that this new monster is in. Jagex should bridge the gap in the higher level region, and not add yet another low levelled monster.

There's so much low levelled content.. before you've done it all, you're a high level and find it boring.

So? I dont have anything to look forward to after 82 herblore and im 99, as I said previously in this post, these skills need fixing first. Slayer already has a level 90-required monster.

78 is a decent, intermediate requirement for any skill.

Herblore doesn't need fixing first, that's your personal opinion. And herblore has nothing to do with the decision of releasing a low level monster where a high level one is needed.

If Jagex decides to bring out a new monster, and takes the time to develop one, then I have no idea why it should be yet another low one, since we already have plenty of monsters in that region. When it comes to slayer, 90+ should have priority.

But that's your opinion.

Don't be such a hypocrite.

priest_wiz.png

Herblore doesn't need fixing first, that's your personal opinion. And herblore has nothing to do with the decision of releasing a low level monster where a high level one is needed.

If Jagex decides to bring out a new monster, and takes the time to develop one, then I have no idea why it should be yet another low one, since we already have plenty of monsters in that region. When it comes to slayer, 90+ should have priority.

So when we had all these new pots such as magic essence, summoning potions etc, they were right or wrong to have them as a lower level requirement?

Not all updates are going to be high level. They have to cater for lower, too. 78, in my opinion, is midway between low and high.

Sorry but you seam to be forgetting that 95 slayer'ers can also kill this thing too. Its not exclusive to where only 90- can kill it. That being said, 78 or 95, your getting a new slayer monster to add variety to your tasks on your way to 99.

We know very little about the monster. It could turn out to be one of the best tasks you can get, similar to waterfiends, or very fast xp like bloodvelds. It could have a mage drop worth 200k+ and be awesome for overall drops. We know very little about this monster, so saying "its 78 so its going to be worthless" is not a valid argument.

Sure there may be some campers when it comes out, but regardless if it was 95 or 78, people are going to camp it when it comes out anyways. Like all other monsters, as time passes people will clear out. Especially if the special attack makes it un-campable.

I agree that 90+ monster will be needed in the future, but you are getting a new slayer creature to add variety to your tasks. If you have the level to kill it, why does it matter what slayer level it is?

True, we don't know everything, but they already told us too much. The new cave in the Slayer Dungeon means we won't have any cool new areas to explore to get to it. Yes, it could be fast exp, but nothing in the Slayer Cave is...yes, the drops *could* be good, but the main drops will be worth relatively little because of the mass of people that will kill it the first little bit. If it was a 95 monster, the price would lower much more slowly, and the incentive would stay for people to get that level. That's why so many people have set their sights on 85 slayer to this day.

We are angry because Jagex spent the time and resources needed to create a piece of content while targeting the content at the wrong group. Slayer is becoming less profitable day by day, there are better ways to do everything else etc etc (the usual arguments people make against slayer). However it is still such a fun and dynamic skill for its simple design so I think it's worth saving.

Let's go back to why the Slayer skill was created:

• [*:399bxoki]Give people more variety in training combat

[*:399bxoki]Take pressure off other training spots by making monsters that required a high Slayer level to kill and had great special drops

Well, over time the general population has been given time to train and has responded by getting a pretty high average level compared to other skills that get the same amount of experience per hour. If everyone can kill this monster and is given an incentive to do so (eg a drop that should have come from a higher slayer and combat monster) then it defeats both purposes for the Slayer skill's existence.

2496 Completionist

I'm looking forward to another addition to Slayer, a level 78 requirement nods towards nice drops. I wonder whether it will favour herb and herb seed drops or whether we might be looking at the possibility that it drops runes in favourable quantities. It will also be interesting to see what sort of charm drop rate it has.

I'm talking about the way Jagex is handling slayer. They obviously have a higher priority in adding low level monsters over high level ones. And I personally find that flawed. Since there is no real use in getting slayer above 85 (dark beasts are pathetic now).

I don't see why we need a lvl 78 addition. Sure, yay, another monster to kill. But I don't see the point in focussing on that level range.

But that's your opinion.

Don't be such a hypocrite.

Yeah that's indeed my opinion.

Don't be such a moron.

So when we had all these new pots such as magic essence, summoning potions etc, they were right or wrong to have them as a lower level requirement?

Not all updates are going to be high level. They have to cater for lower, too. 78, in my opinion, is midway between low and high.

It is in no way relevant to the point I was making. But I've just expressed it again in this post, so you can reread it and actually make sense.

And why should your personal opinion be pressed through instead of Gribbzldinho's?

I've never said that. It's just that his arguments are flawed. I just state my opinion, and don't expect Jagex to listen.

I think the unique drop is largely irrelevant, unless it is genuinely useful and has a large audience. Who kills Aberrant Spectres for mystic robe bottoms?

hmm you have a point ... even without the need of mystic robe bottoms aberrats are loaded with people because of the seeds and the herbs ...

so that new monster can be useful even without an unique drop ...

I think the unique drop is largely irrelevant, unless it is genuinely useful and has a large audience. Who kills Aberrant Spectres for mystic robe bottoms?

hmm you have a point ... even without the need of mystic robe bottoms aberrats are loaded with people because of the seeds and the herbs ...

so that new monster can be useful even without an unique drop ...

Killing monsters is more about what the average drop is, and not just what a single drop is. I mean, people camp aviansies, because they give addy bars regularly, not because they drop an epic weapon, or whatever.

Monsters can easily be made attractive by giving them frequent drops of useful items, preferably those that stack.

This is getting tiresome. With this creature, Jagex filled the gap between 75 and 80 slayer. You think that they should have filled the gap between 90 and 99 slayer. How many players are there between 75 and 80 slayer? How many between 90 and 99? If you can make your point using these numbers, then I'll have to concede it. If you can't make your point using these numbers, then you're just whining because Jagex met the needs of a greater number of others before it met yours.

punitivedsig.png

Lots of people -myself included- are hoping for a 90+ slayer monster for a long time. The gap between 90-99 is huge like some pointed out before. I'm not going to complain about it since most slayer updates are welcome to me, but when I read about a new slayer monster I was hoping for a 90+ monster. Sure there might be more people in the 75-80 zone but I think its time for some new high level slayer update.

- I'm not proud of everything I've done, but I have no regrets

15nu9u1.png

Lots of people -myself included- are hoping for a 90+ slayer monster for a long time. The gap between 90-99 is huge like some pointed out before. I'm not going to complain about it since most slayer updates are welcome to me, but when I read about a new slayer monster I was hoping for a 90+ monster. Sure there might be more people in the 75-80 zone but I think its time for some new high level slayer update.

I'd say it's time for A high level update. Not necessarily a Slayer update, because almost no skill has a use after level 90 :|

priest_wiz.png

This is getting tiresome. With this creature, Jagex filled the gap between 75 and 80 slayer.

This is getting tiresome. Like I said before, there are already a lot of monsters in that level range.

You think that they should have filled the gap between 90 and 99 slayer. How many players are there between 75 and 80 slayer? How many between 90 and 99? If you can make your point using these numbers, then I'll have to concede it. If you can't make your point using these numbers, then you're just whining because Jagex met the needs of a greater number of others before it met yours.

I know there aren't a lot of people with 90+ slayer. And that's the reason we've been without a lvl 90+ monster all these years. Perhaps give people finally an incentive to train past 90.

I don't need my needs met in terms of slayer. I'm happy training slayer the way it is. I just feel this strategy isn't the right one. Trying it to look like whining because supposingly I want more content is pathetic.

@Misterknowitall: Yes after tons and tons of low levelled updates, you'd expect a high levelled one once in a while. Perhaps to give high levelled people the feel the game is not a joke after you've passed level 90. But I guess not.