May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

therefore mist staff = mega cheap barraging

Ice barrage uses no airs and 6 waters (which are ~16 per) so it will go down from ~1786 down to ~1690 (wikia prices ... I am lazy to make the math but if should be near those prices) ... sooo yooouu call that "mega cheap" ... its ~5% cheaper ... which isnt a lot.

and still - you can achieve the same CHEAP MEGA SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME Barrages with :

- A simple staff of water

- a mud staff

- a steam staff

- any battlestaff from the above examples ...

you were saying ?

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering its a mage attack and a special attack, it better be a mage weapon that has a spec.

Makes sense. Mage is due since the highest mage slayer drop is the mystic top from gargoyles and kurasks. Maybe a mist battlestaff?

Mist battlestaff? hopefully not, it better be something a little cooler than that :thumbup:

Erm mist = air and water

Battlestaff = unlimtied runes of its type

mist staff = unlimited air and water

air and water = ice spells

therefore mist staff = mega cheap barraging

Ice spells don't use air, just water death, blood, chaos and maybe minds with rush not sure.

Fire/air staff would be good, is it steam, or smoke, not sure.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Slayer is so the opposite of dead.

Between Dark Bows, Rune Boots, Charms, Herbs, Dragon Boots, Whips etc etc etc it is one of THE most widely used money makers

I said dead-end, not dead. I know Slayer makes money but my point was that there is nothing special anymore after you attain a certain level, so there is no incentive to train it anymore unless you want the Skill Cape, thus it is like a "dead-end".

I would of preferred to see a 95 or something slayer monster, but 78 is still relatively high leveled as far as slayer monsters go. I'm excited as this means the drops it has will probably be worthwhile, and I love aquatic monsters so this should be fun for me.

It uses water magic though? Might have to pray on him then.

The last magic Slayer monster we got was Spiritual Mages, at level 83. They dropped the best Slayer Armor.

Now, this one is being added to the slayer caves. The caves and the tower typically had different monsters, but they always increased their drop value as you went further. These are going to replace Kurask as the "bosses" of that slayer dungeon. So hopefully, just like Abyssals are the "boss" of the tower, they'll have something really good. =D

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

Nah, I don't think they'll ever make a combo staff that supplies both air and another rune.

You forgot [sARCASM][/sARCASM]

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Oh wah quit your belly achin. 78 Is generally high for any skill to most people. Maybe a higher requirement monster will be released soon. Most liekly, one won't. So quit crying about it.

Anyways, i hope this drops a dragon pick :thumbsup: and maybe for some random reason they will add basilisks and kurasks to duradel(or false duradel afetr the quest)'s task list.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

So let me get this straight.

78 Slayer is low

85 Slayer is medium

95 Slayer is high

Thats like saying a level 110 combat is low

126 is medium

138 is high

99 Firemaking and Strength are low because more people have that then 78 slayer.

Flawed logic if you ask me. :roll:

I think the new monster will be ok.

Dont rant about something which isnt released yet. :?

As of right now, 72809 people have 78 slayer. Over 100000 will have the level before it's released due to this advanced warning.

110 combat is gained from having level 85 combat stats (approximately). As of now there are 190873 people with 85 Attack. So yes, 110 combat is quite low, at 138 combat myself I consider myself to be slightly above the average. (I would consider a "good" combat level to be 125 or 130 minimum.)

Occasionally, Jagex releases high end skill updates. For example, there have been fairly new updates involving 90+ requirements in smithing. Construction and Summoning, both released AFTER slayer, have many things to do in the 90s. Skills like farming and slayer, that require dedication to train, need better high end activities.

Just because "relatively not many people have slayer in the 90s" doesn't mean that it's a bad idea to add one. It's motivation. Currently there is no incentive to train slayer above level 83 except for skill total - that's 10.5 million experience (525 slayer tasks) of nothing worthwhile to look forward to. Hopefully, if they're adding a new creature to the Slayer dungeon, they will add another floor and agility shortcut to the Slayer tower with a level 87/88 and 92/83 monster up there, as well as a level 95 slayer monster somewhere special.

And dragon pickaxe will definitely NOT come out with this update. A 78 slayer creature is far too easy for such a good item, it'll probably come out at the end of the dwarf series from high level monsters.

I think that this is a good way to introduce updates, but I think they gave us a bit too much information in this case. At least they kept the drop a secret.

2496 Completionist

Saw the level 78 req, lost abit of interest. Saw that you couldn't cannon them, completely lost interest.

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

Saw the level 78 req, lost abit of interest. Saw that you couldn't cannon them, completely lost interest.

Lol. Almost 98 now Olly? I told Gum to catch up to you. He let me know that I was insane. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

It should be an "Eleionoma" or something to that effect. In Greek mythology, Eleionomae were marsh naiads who would lure travelers into their lairs by conjuring illusions and will-o'-the-wisps (similar, after a fashion, to the manner in which anglerfish utilize bioluminescence to lure in their prey).

Additionally, the words "spilaio/spileo" (Greek for "cave") and "Lophiiformes" (the biological Order of the anglerfish) could be manipulated to create the appropriate name for a "cave anglerfish." The new monster could even, possibly, be a member of the "Atennariidae" Family of the "Lophiiformes" Order. In announcing the new slayer monster's release, you could make reference to it being a relative of the (ingame) monkfish, since monkfish are of the Family "Lophiidae"--essentially making them cousins to members of the "Atennariidae."

This was the suggestion I made on the RSOF. I love the concept art, even if the new monster will only require 78 Slayer to hunt. :thumbup:

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

i guess i can add 78 slayer to my 99 range summer goal. although 90% of the time i train using slayer, anyway.

stop ranting, all you high levels will be able to make tens of millions the week it is released. i don't see what your complaining about, jagex is at least showing that they care.

hell, i made 1.8mil off TWO leaf bladed sword drops from 4 days of killing turoths back when the swords came out \'

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

stop ranting, all you high levels will be able to make tens of millions the week it is released. i don't see what your complaining about, jagex is at least showing that the care.

Sorry but LOL

Previously the Nechryaels would drop maybe 1 pair of rune boots per hour. The initial price of rune boots was 1-2m when only the first 2-3 people to 80 slayer could kill them. That dropped to 300k- in a week with still only a couple dozen people able to kill them.

This place is going to be PACKED with the aforementioned 80000+ people all trying to grab a good drop. The price will be set in the GE at 200k each. For the few hours the item will sell ~500k WITH JUNK. In 2-7 days, depending on its usefulness, it will have crashed to its GE price and below.

2496 Completionist

stop ranting, all you high levels will be able to make tens of millions the week it is released. i don't see what your complaining about, jagex is at least showing that the care.

Sorry but LOL

Previously the Nechryaels would drop maybe 1 pair of rune boots per hour. The initial price of rune boots was 1-2m when only the first 2-3 people to 80 slayer could kill them. That dropped to 300k- in a week with still only a couple dozen people able to kill them.

This place is going to be PACKED with the aforementioned 80000+ people all trying to grab a good drop. The price will be set in the GE at 200k each. For the few hours the item will sell ~500k WITH JUNK. In 2-7 days, depending on its usefulness, it will have crashed to its GE price and below.

hey pal! thanks for reading my entire post. i really enjoy it when people read my first sentence, quote it, then "lol" at me.

you seem to be living in 2006:

as i said, LEAF BLADED SWORDS were 1mil with junk after a week. you need 55 slayer to obtain those. you have no idea what you are talking about.. rune boots? are they even relevant to this discussion?

1. there wasn't even a GE back then, meaning it was harder for demand to bring items up (not impossible, mind you)

2. when rune boots came out they didn't even have a strength bonus (climbing boots were the "stuff")- they weren't useful at all, and quite honestly, did, and still do, look terrible.

and 300k in a week? i doubt it. when i played on my old main rune boots were 250k, and construction was out by then.

the only valid point you made was "depending on its usefulness//will crash"

quite frankly, every item crashes after release, and chances are we're in store for one heck of an item

please read my ENTIRE post before you LOL at me then proceed to talk about rune boots, thanks.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

It seems like they had intentions to do this to please higher level slayers. The problem is they just ended up kicking us in the face yet again with another low(ish) leveled monster. Let's be honest...78 is in no way hard to achieve.

Oh well. I don't want to sound like one of the hundreds of Jagex bashing whiners. Hopefully we'll get the update we're hoping for someday.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Meh. Might camp it for its new drop for a while, but this really doesn't do anything for me. I'd really like it if they decided to make a lvl 90+ monster (yay, I've joined the bandwagon) as it'd give me some incentive to actually train past 85.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Sorry but LOL

hey pal! thanks for reading my entire post. i really enjoy it when people read my first sentence, quote it, then "lol" at me.

you seem to be living in 2006:

as i said, LEAF BLADED SWORDS were 1mil with junk after a week. you need 55 slayer to obtain those. you have no idea what you are talking about.. rune boots? are they even relevant to this discussion?

1. there wasn't even a GE back then, meaning it was harder for demand to bring items up (not impossible, mind you)

2. when rune boots came out they didn't even have a strength bonus (climbing boots were the "stuff")- they weren't useful at all, and quite honestly, did, and still do, look terrible.

and 300k in a week? i doubt it. when i played on my old main rune boots were 250k, and construction was out by then.

the only valid point you made was "depending on its usefulness//will crash"

quite frankly, every item crashes after release, and chances are we're in store for one heck of an item

please read my ENTIRE post before you LOL at me then proceed to talk about rune boots, thanks.

Well, first, you edited the last line in there AFTER I clicked respond, so don't accuse me of only reading the "first line" when I read your whole 2-line post multiple times and chose to comment on the second line.

I brought up rune boots because they are the drop from the slayer monster closest to it, just two levels above it, and give us the best opportunity to estimate what the drop will be like.

"It was harder for demand to bring items up" -- no, it was the other way around. The first whip sold for 65m, mauls were going for dozens of mills etc. Today is the same, everything sells for much more in the beginning, dragon platebody sold for > 100m the first day and has since become worth much less than 10m due to time and better methods to kill Tormented Demons.

And like I said in the first post 300k was the stabilization price of boots where you could buy it from just after the initial fall until the next big drop to 150-200k.

Leaf bladed swords were and are rarer than many other slayer drops. After slaying turoths/kurasks for 4 days you managed to make 1.8m off two rare swords? That's not going to cut it, and it shouldn't, seeing as there's a pathetic 55 slayer requirement. Also, leaf bladed swords are still quite useful today, but no one makes money by collecting them.

I'm a big fan of balance in the game. A level 78 monster is not going to make more in a week than a level 90 slayer monster did.

2496 Completionist