May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

Its im possible to say more people have 78 slayer than don't.

On the highscores this may be true, but as you require lvl 30 min to enter the highscores AND the highscores only logs the top 1mil of like 3 -5 mil accounts AND theres heaps of f2pers it means unless the 1,000,000 place person on the highscores has higher than 78 you know for certain the millions not on the highscores don't have 78

People lower than 78 slayer have plenty to look forward to. People with 85+ only have ONE more monster to unlock. We definitely need more higher level focussed monsters, and Jagex wastes their time on adding yet another low slayer monster -.-

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight.

78 Slayer is low

85 Slayer is medium

95 Slayer is high

Thats like saying a level 110 combat is low

126 is medium

138 is high

99 Firemaking and Strength are low because more people have that then 78 slayer.

Flawed logic if you ask me. :roll:

I think the new monster will be ok.

Dont rant about something which isnt released yet. :?

78 slayer is a decent lvl Skeletal Wyverns are only lvl 72 and they drop visages. At 78 slayer there are only 4 higher lvl monesters of which only 2 drop items worth more then 500k. I know Jagex will never make everyone happy but really stop complaining the update hasnt even came out yet. Honestly since i have played this game over 8 years new content is never geared towards those with skills in the 90s. Onyx is the only thing i can think of that was released after the skill was already made that had a lvl 90 requirement. Other then putting a visage on a anti dragon sheild and putting together a godsword or attaching a sig to a blessed spirit shield. Anyway stop winning like little school girls :pray: Jagex for the most part comes up with decent updates that are good for most people that play.

Peoples logic makes me lol.

lvl 78 slayer monster is low because the high lvls are empty and need filling out...

To me the lack of true high end monsters would make 78 classed as higher rather than lower, since its what like 5th highest one?

I in no way disagree that we need more high end slayer stuff, but I think its pathetic and highly flawed to try and claim 78 is low jsut because its not higher than the maximum current one

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All it reminds me of is the Ancient Caves, where almost all the monsters use a water based mage attack. But its not going there.

Waterfiends are level 115, this is level 114... o.o

Considering its a mage attack and a special attack, it better be a mage weapon that has a spec.

EDIT: Also the fact that Rune Boots are only 30k is irrelevant. Rune Boots are often dropped in PvP, and Rune Boots have been out for years. And there are Dragon Boots now. Rune Boots are commonly dropped.

Hey, whips are 1.5m and require 85 slayer, dbows are like 800k and require 90 slayer, so a level 95 slayer monster will drop an item worth 400k? :roll:

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

78 Slayer isn't low?? I have 86 Slayer and I'd still consider that pretty low. They should have released something that will actually get people excited, like 90+. It doesn't even really need a rare drop. Just a few good ones like Rune and Dragon items.

78 Slayer isn't low?? I have 86 Slayer and I'd still consider that pretty low. They should have released something that will actually get people excited, like 90+. It doesn't even really need a rare drop. Just a few good ones like Rune and Dragon items.

A 90+ slayer monster won't get everyone excited :|

priest_wiz.png

Since when is 78 slayer a low level?

I'm guessing only around 30-40k people have 78+, and you can already kill all but 4 things can't you?

I think the people calling it low are those who call it low are just a bit eliteist tbh and seem to think anything below 90 or so is low. Once you get higher you seem to think anything below was easy and low.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

A 90+ slayer monster won't get everyone excited

If you're saying that because only a few people have 90 Slayer then I beg to differ. I don't have 90 Slayer but if they did release the monster, I would have more of an incentive to actually train Slayer again. I would be excited because Slayer wouldn't be a dead-end skill anymore, even though I wouldn't be able to access the monster right away.

What is the point of spending all this time slaying in the hope 'sorry, change that to expectation' that Jagex will release a Slayer Monster at Lvl 95, preferably with some sort of attack that destroys any Wild Pies you have in your inventory :)

Still, Im not going to moan about any new slayer creature until I've had the ability to fight it, I would have prefered it to be a higher level, as when anything new comes out the worlds will all be full with campers desperate for the 'new drop'.

the_lad_1.png

Ok, did anyone else think it looked like the fish from the Like a Boss video by The Lonely Island?

I mean look at the vid.

[yt]

[/yt]

1:14-1:16

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

A 90+ slayer monster won't get everyone excited

If you're saying that because only a few people have 90 Slayer then I beg to differ. I don't have 90 Slayer but if they did release the monster, I would have more of an incentive to actually train Slayer again. I would be excited because Slayer wouldn't be a dead-end skill anymore, even though I wouldn't be able to access the monster right away.

Slayer is so the opposite of dead.

Between Dark Bows, Rune Boots, Charms, Herbs, Dragon Boots, Whips etc etc etc it is one of THE most widely used money makers

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Considering its a mage attack and a special attack, it better be a mage weapon that has a spec.

Makes sense. Mage is due since the highest mage slayer drop is the mystic top from gargoyles and kurasks. Maybe a mist battlestaff?

Mist battlestaff? hopefully not, it better be something a little cooler than that :thumbup:

(840th To 99 Farm. Achieved on February 13th, 2008.) (2942th To 99 Crafting. Achieved on September 9th, 2008.)

(23671th To 99 Magic. Achieved on January 17th, 2009.) (46913th to 99 Hit Points. Achieved on March 20th, 2009.)

(30680th to 99 Range. Achieved on March 21st, 2009.) (66351th to 99 Attack. Achieved on July 8th, 2009.)

(2856th to 99 Herblore. Achieved on August 21st, 2009.) (45985th to 99 Woodcutting. Achieved on November 15th, 2009.)

(6119th to 99 Smithing. Achieved on December 24th, 2009.) (98100th to 99 Cooking. Achieved on January 1st, 2010.)

(63214th to 99 Defence. Achieved on January 30th, 2010.) (122697th to 99 Strength. Achieved on February 11th, 2010.)

(15249th to 99 Prayer. Achieved on March 21st, 2010.) (34209th to 99 Fishing. Achieved on July 7th, 2010.)

(9259th to 99 Summoning. Achieved on July 29th, 2010.) (51712th to 99 Firemaking. Achieved on September 6th, 2010.)

(109036th to 99 Fletching. Achieved on September 28th, 2010.) (15821th to 99 Slayer. Achieved on February 3rd, 2011.)

(11652th to 99 Construction. Achieved on June 18th, 2011.)

Makes sense. Mage is due since the highest mage slayer drop is the mystic top from gargoyles and kurasks. Maybe a mist battlestaff?

Mist battlestaff? hopefully not, it better be something a little cooler than that :thumbup:

Erm mist = air and water

Battlestaff = unlimtied runes of its type

mist staff = unlimited air and water

air and water = ice spells

therefore mist staff = mega cheap barraging

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I would of preferred to see a 95 or something slayer monster, but 78 is still relatively high leveled as far as slayer monsters go. I'm excited as this means the drops it has will probably be worthwhile, and I love aquatic monsters so this should be fun for me.

It uses water magic though? Might have to pray on him then.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8