Preserving RS Friends

k1masato

After 1641 days later (Banned on 2004), my perm ban got quashed ( If you're curious to know what the perm ban was: my main got stolen and abused when I retired ). I must say it felt very nostalgic and delightful logging in again. While chopping some magic trees to make money, I got the following PM:

kingsaiya.png

goe1jpg.jpg

By the time I noticed the PM, he went offline :cry:. Its not surprising that most of my friends have long quit already since I'm from the RSC era ( started playing in 2001 ). The ones who still play keep their Public OFF.

So for how long do you preserve some of your Friends ? F2P has a max list of 100 and P2P has 200. Obviously overtime we tend to make more friends and remove those who haven't been around for a LONG time.. or do we.. what are your thoughts ?

PS. The intention of this thread is not to turn it into a Missing Persons list, but merely a discussion on RS Friends. My bad, if a thread like this has been made in the past.

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

I have about 6 people on my friends list, all of which i never talk to. 1 person that i know in real life, and 2 people that i think quit who i would love to talk to again!

6 people in 6 years of play, i make around 1 friend a year then...

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I sometimes have to clean out my friends list, but I preserve those that mean a lot to me, in hopes of a return on their part. Now that I am p2p gone f2p, I may need to clean out my list again, due to being over 100.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I only have friends irl. I only talk to a few people I do not know IRL. Over the years most of my irl friends quit, except for one. So that leaves me with a pretty empty friends list.

There's no way to preserve friends really. When they quit, there's not much you can do.

I only have friends irl. I only talk to a few people I do not know IRL. Over the years most of my irl friends quit, except for one. So that leaves me with a pretty empty friends list.

There's no way to preserve friends really. When they quit, there's not much you can do.

Hey Bauke, thanks for giving your input. I gotta ask though, do you ever feel bored while training skills? I know chatting with friends can be distracting at times when training.. but personally, It was the force that kept me going before I retired.

God_Of_End.png

Hey Bauke, thanks for giving your input. I gotta ask though, do you ever feel bored while training skills? I know chatting with friends can be distracting at times when training.. but personally, It was the force that kept me going before I retired.

Whenever I want to talk, I talk on IRC, MSN or on forums. I'm actually woodcutting right now ;)

My list is about 15 acconts of people i know IRL (only 6 people tho), 70+ accounts from my clan and a few people i know since, well, a long time ago ^^

And i do keep a lot of old accounts in my list, last week someone who hasn't played for over a year popped up and he was stupid enough to buy a dragon platebody thinking it was the best armour :lol:

I tend to keep people on my list that I had a 'special' friendship with. People I remember doing something with and people who I generally had a lot of fun with back in the old days.

Of course, some of these quit, and some still play, but I think most of them removed me :D

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I didn't have any friends left before I quit. They either quit or just stopped talking to me. Oh well, who needs friends on the internet anyway? :lol:

It usually happens to people you just meet in game and decide to add. But for those you meet outside of the game (rl, forums, etc.), I've found that those friendships tend to last a lot longer.

But those random kids who I found were nice people and decided to add? They come and go.

I took 2 long breaks from RS on my main and the first break most of my really good friends quit. The second break a few quit. I keep them all added in hopes of return and get my private on in case I removed one of them and they get on and see me.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

OT: Why does your name sound so familiar?

OT to you too: Why does your name sound so familiar? I have a feeling I might have known you before I was banned. The name Esper really rings a bell.

--

EDIT: I checked the site on your signature (RuneHead). You know Duke Freedom? Me and him were friends on RS. He helped me get to 80 smithing and 80 magic. I heard he got caught selling RS rares IRL in order to pay for his college fees.. hope hes managed around that :oops:

God_Of_End.png

OT: Why does your name sound so familiar?

OT to you too: Why does your name sound so familiar? I have a feeling I might have known you before I was banned. The name Esper really rings a bell.

--

EDIT: I checked the site on your signature (RuneHead). You know Duke Freedom? Me and him were friends on RS. He helped me get to 80 smithing and 80 magic. I heard he got caught selling RS rares IRL in order to pay for his college fees.. hope hes managed around that :oops:

I didn't get to know DF until after he got banned, I believe. We worked on RH editorials together - not sure if he ever got his account back. I was around back in RS1 though.

On-Topic: I usually tend to erase my entire list at various times. Anyone who pms me to chat gets added back. I keep my private chat to on, so many don't realize it. ;)

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

I have three main groups of friends, ones that I met ages back and we spoke/speak prety often, ones I meet in w99 and ones I meet playing castle wars.

Most of the friends I have that I met along time ago (only around 2 years ago) have quit, but I keep them on my list cos they come back online and they're good to chat to when they log on every few months.

The ones I've met in w99 I tend to chat to when I'm bored slaying so I say hi and try to strike up a convo :P

Most of the ones that I met during castle wars I don't talk to much via PM. I either tend to chat to them on IRC (if im on) or just check what world they're on because there is probably a cw game there. There are also a few of these that I am very close to and I am chatting to them most of the time about one thing or another.

I agree that it's hard to preserve rs friends, people become inactive or just chat with you less and you can't really hope to maintain a friendship with upto 200 people :/

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I only delete people who I don't remember, havn't seen in a long time, or havn't been on for a while but have progressed on the high scores

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I still preserve my very first friend from when I was level 6 or something. She's never been on since but it reminds me when I first started out.

Otherwise I delete the whole list (apart from 3 ppl) every six months or so and add only those who speak again.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

My list has been full for quite some time. I just stopped adding people now. 90% of the people on my list I actively talk to. The other 10% either swap between two accounts which I have added or they have taken a break and I await their return. Clan chat has really helped me to cut down on who I add, as I can talk to many people there.

My list would likely be smaller if my internet was sufficient enough to run MSN or IRC at the same time as Runescape. Sadly it's not.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Preserving friends? Formaldehyde works best for me. The newer chemicals may not smell as strongly, but they don't have quite the same kick.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?