2nd June 2009 - Hunt for the Red Raktuber + Patch Notes

darkjab

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i need a fishhat and call the submarine b4 i can go yanline and go on teh submarine, can anyone tell me how to do dem :shock: :?

go to the interogation (spell?) room and search the crates. then go to yanille (south east of it) talk to Larry. go penguin. put a hat and blow the horn ..

well that dousnt help me ¬¬

I'm sorry that was uncalled for and unhelpful. Just was looking for more out of this quest as they are my favorite thing about Runescape. But it is not long. You could knock it out quite quickly. It was eh to be honest.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

aint member at the moment so catn do the quest to find it out ;)

OOHHHH I am sorry for being a jerk then, I can PM you the basics if you would like. I think that sharing plot lines is frowned upon on the first day.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

The RuneScape Wiki, of course, has a guide up: http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hun ... d_Raktuber (the good thing about letting anyone edit and add to an article).

Furthermore, it's good to see Jagex have finally been listening, and have finally realised what RSS feeds are all about and released one for the Dev Blogs: http://devblog.runescape.com/rss.ws

Hopefully they'll also release an RSS feed for RuneScape News soon.

Hopefully they'll also release an RSS feed for RuneScape News soon.

They are coming, i asked MMG ages ago and said that the website team are working on them.

Yeah, but @OfficialJagex on Twitter said it will be a feed for all Jagex products, not just RuneScape. Meh, either way, it's good to know they are listening to us :)

Nice quest, bit easy though

[hide=personal attempt at a rough guide]Well this is a small guide for "the hunt for red raktuber"

Rewards:

rewards.png - Not sure what the improved points mean, but 25 points @ lv 90 (rc) gave me 56750 xp now..

items needed

"penguin suit" (or steel bar/silk/plank to make your own new suit)

1 thread

needle

8 silk

4 planks

suggested:

dramen/lunar staff to get to ice berg

watchtower teleport

guide

[Hide]

-Well first of all start the quest by talking to larry: he got himself into problems. - No one ever seems to believe he's right and he got dressed in a straitjacket. Poor larry.

Investigate his claims in witchaven: indeed he's right, there are huge marks there (near the south-coast). Investigate those and report back to larry

Items next part: Penguin suit, 8 silk, 4 planks, thread, needle, watchtower teleport

Then travel to ice berg to do some futher investigation!

Go to the first room on the west: there you have your first practical examn "investigation science".

When the victim (who seems to have some strange new hair style) finally talks NOTE VERY CAREFULLY THE DANCE HE DESCRIBES there are 3 pieces in this dance you have to perform near the end of the quest: note them all.

Reporting back to larry he sends you back for more info: time to ask your musician friends if they heard some strange things lately.

They tell a new thing is planned by the uncool dudes: who are in the war room.

To get into the war room you need to get the guard a sleep: asking him what he likes should give you some hints (note also these).

Finish making the song with the musicians and off you go, to the war room.

There it is revealed (after you take of your disguise): the dwarves are making a submarine for the penguins: being as greedy as dwarves' nature is: they only want to help you if you help them escape.. By making extra clockworks. Back to larry for consult: he says he can't use his magic over distance, and besides can only handle 1 person at the same time.. However he suggests that mega suits might help the dwarves.

Back to the dwarves with your 8 silk, 4 planks and they explain how to redirect the submarine: you first have to test it on the control unit there (it's a very easy task)..

Another time reporting to larry he suggests for location you might talk to your mafia friend noodle: asking him, and agreeing you'll be in debt of the mafia (uh oh..) he gives you another of those handy passes.. Now it's time to solve the "box-puzle" on the east of the base: - It basically is the same as the sorcerer garden: avoid being seen.

The picture shows the route I walked (as far as I could see the only good route):

telegramme.png

First go to the north wall, then follow the north wall to the east, go south 1 block, and 1 block east.. Then south till you reach a room you can enter (south-east room, door at the west).

Red is the line to follow. (There's also a line in the minimap)

Green are the "safespots" - next to a spot that CAN be seen, the yellow lines are the part that require attention: they show the distance you have to walk inside a "visible area".

After reading the telegram head back to the interrogation room, and loot the desk there.

Then return to larry once again. - Reading the telegram he quickly decided to intercept the sub and heads for yanille.

Arriving there, blow the conch shell and perform the special dance you noted at start of the quest!

sub.th.png

Ever wished to experience platform-runescape? - Now's your chance! - Head to top-right corner and report to the captain. He quickly discovers you're not here with intentions to help him, but instead you're here to spy.. Even trying to lie would do no good.. He sends you to the "jail" and takes your toolbox away from you. - Upon being thrown in jail you finally understand it: the whole ship is being controlled by slugs! OW NO!

To the left there's some "hat pile", gather a few of these fishies and head back to the engine (which is just to the right). Now use the fish to do your stuff:

-crab to open, shark tooth to cut wires

-eel to reconnect

-sea**** to insulate

-pufferfish to build pressure

-octopus to use valve

-swordfish as lever

Now back to the shore you notice this isn't yanille anymore.. Also there's some other unpleasant discovery: larry has been captured by the KGB. And to make matters worse, you acted as a puppet for the KGB the whole time, even the dwarves played their role well. They're a group from the red army dwarves, and also want to beat the humans!

After a short talk larry is taken away and you're left to rot on that island.

A small discovery can be done though: even you have unknown friends.. On that tropical island is a polar bear in disguise: apparantly the penguins aren't the only 1 with their secret organization, the polar bears are counterspying the penguins to save the world. He helps you getting back to ardounge zoo, and quest complete:

sailing.th.png

PS, did I mention the newest hair style already? - Coup ala Davy Jones it's called:

hairstyleh.png[/hide]

Have fun with the quest, it's an easy 1 to do![/hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Cool, hoping for a reward that affects penguin points ::'

What could you possibly do with increased penguin points, mr Iwonthegame? J/K

Excited bout the penguin quest, penguins are soooo ftw! I hope i can get it done before membership runs out in a few days=(

~Prozac~

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

A Treasure Trails clue scroll was giving slightly odd directions.
It's the Oziach clue - "A strange little man who sells armour only to those who've proven themselves to be unafraid of dragons." is the new one instead of "The Keeper of Melzars...Spare? Skeleton? Anar?"
imagangster.png

Eh, penguin cuteness has had its 15 minutes of fame. :roll:

Checked the code for the champions scrolls on existing npcs, and added it to several creatures drop tables.

Am I to assume certain NPCs were never dropping challenge scrolls when they should have been?

This excites me greatly because it means they still remember that thing exists.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Not a bad quest, think it had a good plot with a decent reward for the time put into completeing it.

[hide=Spoiler]Think its good how they've tied together Slug, Penguin and Red Axe Storylines so this is almost definatly building up to the next Grandmaster Quest that has been mentioned before (in the Dwarf Dev Diaries I think). Hope its on par with WGS[/hide]

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Not a bad quest, think it had a good plot with a decent reward for the time put into completeing it.

[hide=Spoiler]Think its good how they've tied together Slug, Penguin and Red Axe Storylines so this is almost definatly building up to the next Grandmaster Quest that has been mentioned before (in the Dwarf Dev Diaries I think). Hope its on par with WGS[/hide]

The red Axe isn't tied into this.

The dwarves in this quest fractured off from the Red Axe, meaning they weren't a part of it anymore.

The Red Axe plays no part in the penguin series.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]